[Drama 2002] Joyful Girl's Success Story 명랑소녀 성공

Guest YeeKrfan

Guest YeeKrfan

[sBS] Jang Na Ra, Jang Hyuk, Ryu Su Young, Han Eun JungOMGoodness! There is no such thread for this highly popular drama!!! image Well, there used to be one, so am starting one right now. Hopefully those who loved this delightful drama will support this thread!!! image

Joyful Girl's Success Story / The Successful Story of a Bright Girl aka Bright Girl / Myeongrangsonyeo Seonggonggi

For English subtitled download, pls visit this link:

Bright Girl Online Download

For SBS website (in Korean), go to:

Bright Girl Photo Gallery

SBS drama special (2002) - 16 episodes
Aired in Korea:  March 13, 2002- May 2, 2002 on SBS Wednesday & Thursday nights 9:55-11:05

Cast:
Cha Yang-soon (19):  Jang Na Ra
Han Gi-tae (29): Jang Hyuk
Yoon Na-hee (23):  Han Eun Jung
Han Joon-tae (28):  Ryu Su Young
Song Suk-koo (27):  Yoon Tae Young
Hwang Bo-bae (21):  Chu Ja Hyun

Storyline:

Starring Korean hottest pair Jang Na Ra and Jang Hyuk ("Volcano High" and "Windstruck"), the TV series of "Success Story of a Bright Girl" describes about the journey of a brave and strong-minded girl Yang Soon (Jang Na Ra). Her parents are con-artist and always thinking about getting money without efforts.

This wonderful and funny story is about a gutsy and simple country girl Yang-Soon (Jang Na Ra) who dreams of rescuing her prince in distress. Her parents are always ripping off people's money and escaping from place to place. She lives with her grandmother in a small town. But one day, she is forced to go to Seoul to work as a housekeeper for a rich family. The lady in the family happens to be the president of a cosmetics company. She has a daughter named Na Hee (Han Eun Jung) who is a spoiled brat. The lady's partner of the company died and she takes care of his only son, Gi Tae (Jang Hyuk). She hired Yang Soon to go clean and cook for Gi Tae, who is a real pain and is almost impossible to work for. But Yang Soon is different and is not afraid to step back and disciplines him a lot. He starts to fall for her but hides his feelings and acts mean and tough in front of her but helps her secretly. He must fight off his manipulative cousin Joon Tae (Ryu Su Young) who plan to take over his cosmetics company and kick him out of the boardroom...

The funny couple - Jang Na Ra (Yang-soon) and Jang Hyuk (Gi-tae)

Han Eun Jung as Yoon Na-hee

Ryu Su Young as Han Joon-tae

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Summer_Snow

I love this drama.

This is the first korean drama that i watch.

Jang Na Ra is so cute.

I love her character in this movie.

She's so adorable.

Thanks for starting this thread.

Hope more people will post in here.

Guest YeeKrfan

Hi Summer_Snow! Thanks for dropping by. Your are so lucky to start off with "Bright Girl" :D

I remembered my earliest kdrama was Endless Love, follows by Winter Sonata and Bright Girl. It was so refreshing, hilarious and absolutely LOVE it. :w00t: Jang Nara and Jang Hyuk have wonderful chemistry there!

It did end the perception of kdrama for me. I thought all them must end with some kind of illness and bro-sis thingy. :rolleyes: Lucky for me that I've discovered "Bright Girl" :wub::wub:

wallpaper04m.jpg

The handsome yet pampered Han Gi-tae!

wallpaper03m.jpg

The sweet and cute yet gutsy Cha Yang-soon!

I remember watching this drama at a late timeslot in my country but I stayed up to watch it keke.

One memorable scene to me is their very first meeting (if I'm not wrong), Jang Hyuk was parachuting and then landed in the pail of water at Jang Nara's granny's home or something. Then those times he lost everything and she was there for him and the baseball games they played together.... ahh hope I'm right cause haven't gotten to watch this again since then. Hope my country will repeat this with Eng subs.

Guest elysian_fields

this is my absolute favourite korean drama!! THANKS for creating a thread! i miss jang hyuk and am looking forward to his comeback! :D

you mean there wasn't a thread for this? :lol: i too can't believe it.

wow, i watched this drama like 48342 years ago, can't really remember about the exactly scenes, storyline and all. but i definitely enjoyed this drama. maybe i should rewatch it someday when i have the time. i love the casts as well :D

Guest Summer_Snow

Hi YeeKrfan.

I agree with you that Jang Na Ra and Jang Hyuk definitely have a wonderful chemistry in this drama.

And yeah it's not easy to find korean dramas that are not tearjerking.

haih........

I miss this movie.

This thread brings back lots of cute and funny scenes.

I like most of the scenes that has both Jang Hyuk and Jang Na Ra together, especially when he 'teach' her about dating......hehe.

Hope i can watch this again.

Does anyone knows any links for this drama with english subs?

Really wanna watch this drama again.

~THANKS~

Guest YeeKrfan

I remember watching this drama at a late timeslot in my country but I stayed up to watch it keke.

One memorable scene to me is their very first meeting (if I'm not wrong), Jang Hyuk was parachuting and then landed in the pail of water at Jang Nara's granny's home or something. Then those times he lost everything and she was there for him and the baseball games they played together.... ahh hope I'm right cause haven't gotten to watch this again since then. Hope my country will repeat this with Eng subs.

Yeah, you're right! It is ONE of the most creative and funny scene of how they met! I've yet to see something as creative in others kdramas...so far! :phew: Whereby the hero met the heroine by falling from the sky right into her bath tub...hahaha! That's where Gi-tae drop his precious necklace too. Which leads to another creative encounter when he nearly knock into her and she drops her goldfish. Which follows by another water splashing when he tried to retrieve his necklace from her. Of course, when he knows that she's going to be his maid, another water splashing...hehehe he was really childish there, but till so funny!! :lol:

It does brings back many wonderful memories of this drama.

Yeah, me too, I wish our TV station will show it again but it's a repeat of Winter Sonata for the 3rd time I think :(

Guest YeeKrfan

i think for many ppl, this was something that wasn't too korean tearjerking, it was funny...and yeah it too changed my perception

Yeah, Bright Girl is one of the pioneer romantic comedy that leads the way and change a lot of ppl perception on those formulaic ones. And now we have lots of this kind of dramas from My Girl, Goong, Kim Sam Soon to Sweet 18... ;) Loved them all!

i think this is the first ever kdrama ( or the one who also stars jang nara, i think it's love patzi) shown in the philippines! but i'm sure jang nara was the first to capture our hearts! yeah i saw this drama but didn't get to finish it coz i had class at its timeslot! i tried to look for it in the internet but didn't get to find one coz that was pretty long time ago. i think around 2003. any downloads? :D

Guest mei_yee_chan

I'm currently catching up with life and am watching this. Jang Na Ra never fails to make me laugh. Good drama!

Yeah, you're right! It is ONE of the most creative and funny scene of how they met! I've yet to see something as creative in others kdramas...so far! :phew: Whereby the hero met the heroine by falling from the sky right into her bath tub...hahaha! That's where Gi-tae drop his precious necklace too. Which leads to another creative encounter when he nearly knock into her and she drops her goldfish. Which follows by another water splashing when he tried to retrieve his necklace from her. Of course, when he knows that she's going to be his maid, another water splashing...hehehe he was really childish there, but till so funny!! :lol:

It does brings back many wonderful memories of this drama.

Yeah, me too, I wish our TV station will show it again but it's a repeat of Winter Sonata for the 3rd time I think :(

Haha thanks YeeKrfan for writing those all out cause somehow it does help me have sort of flashbacks of those scenes :D

Guest asian_love2788

i like this drama i saw it awhile back and thought jang nara was so cute in it. i really like the ending. it was cute and sweet. gosh but that guy makes me so mad sometimes ahha i think i might rewatched this sometimes again cause it was cute. jang nara & Jang Hyuk had really good chemistry in this drama i love there cutiness with each other and how they lived across the house from each other ahha

Guest YeeKrfan

Those dating scenes are funny too, when he teach her how to 'date'! :P Yeah, enjoyed all their cute bickering and never get frustrated like some dramas when a couple fight.

I think for a lot of people it is their first kdrama and am really HAPPY that you all have started with such a delighful one! Must have give you all a shocked when going for those melodramas...eh! :sweatingbullets:

Thanks everyone for supporting this thread...KEEP IT UP!! :w00t:

Hope everyone like this one which was done by me when I was hooked on this drama. Luckily, still managed to find it in my computer. Enjoys....

Hyuk.jpg

Guest SmiLeeGirl

Hmmm this was maybe my 4th or 5th drama but it remains one of my favorites. I really enjoyed the Gi-tae's character (Jang Hyuk) from what I have seen this my favorite character role over his character in windstuck. Anyone want to suggest anything? If memory serves he is going to get out of the army soon this fall or next spring? He has a thread somewhere. I think Jang Nara is cute too.

Hmmm My favorite scenes

when their group play at the beach waiting for the chief. (I liked that set of sub characters too you know the bully and the bat.)

Spoilers Ahead -- hmmm can you have spoilers for something so old?

How the group goes around stealing supplies to make their new product.

when he helps her to finish her painting and then takes her to celebrate then ends up pouting when he realizes she isn't going to be the housekeeper.

all the cute times they "played" baseball or stick ball

I liked those two times they thought they were going to be seperated and he chased after her

You guys are right the who let me teach you date thing ... cute too.

I didn't like the ending though ;P a little too corny

Guest YeeKrfan

i think this is the first ever kdrama ( or the one who also stars jang nara, i think it's love patzi) shown in the philippines! but i'm sure jang nara was the first to capture our hearts! yeah i saw this drama but didn't get to finish it coz i had class at its timeslot! i tried to look for it in the internet but didn't get to find one coz that was pretty long time ago. i think around 2003. any downloads? :D

For English subtitled download, pls visit this link:

Bright Girl Online Download

Hope that helps! ;)

Archived