Son Ho Young 손호영

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest adikkeluangman

Son Ho Young (손호영)

180511_146056448786844_7070106_n.jpg

Date of birth : March 26th, 1980
Physique: 177cm, 60kg
Education: Drama and cinema, Danguk Univ.
Family: Son Jung-Min, Actress & sister, Father, Mother
Hobbies: Tennis, Skiing, Basketball
Speciality: Sports, Dance, Rap
Label:

200360_152819154777240_1932966_n.jpg

BIOGRAPHY
He was a member of popular group g.o.d, then returned as a solo artiste. His debut album ‘YES’ is said to have captured him in the most honest, pure and undiluted way: nothing but himself. The music video for the mid-tempo, funky title track, ‘YES’, showcases a perfect combination of Son’s unique voice and his boyish good looks. Son’s fans are sure to hail him as the new prince of K-pop.

Now he returns with his much-awaited second album Returns, mesmerising his fans once again with his killer smile. The singer again demonstrates his uncanny ability to embrace the current trends in mainstream music while also maintaining a respectful level of musicianship. Son, who was recently cast as the lead for the upcoming remake of the popular musical B-boy and Ballerina, has been effortlessly shifting from singing to acting to performing musical plays since the start of his solo career. However, the multi-talented star returns to his roots with his latest album. Ready to make an impact on the music charts, the album's principal track, 'I Know', is a trendy R&B medium-tempo number with powerful beats accompanied by a captivating mix of catchy piano riffs and sophisticated electronic sounds. Written by Son himself, the lyrics speak of one's agony preparing for an eventual breakup while still continuing to hang on to the last thread of hope. As an added bonus, the album cover, which encapsulates Son's sexy chic look, reveals a different image of the star when cut along the perforated lines of the page - a unique feature that's sure to please his fans.

DISCOGRAPHY
* YES (1st album, 2006) : Kiss, Yes, Call Me 5500, 4U, Pleasant Imagination, Happy Virus, Gift, Confession

* Sweet Love (Single, 2007) : My Heart's In Heaven etc

* Returns (2nd album, 2008) : What Memory Is, I Know, To Hope (feat. Tim), More & More, In Front of Your House, Happy Day, Eyes, Nose, Mouth (feat. Ock Joo Hyun), When One Loves, Thorny Bush, Beautiful Day, Happy Life (feat. Tim)

OTHERS
* Lee Hyun Wook [EP 2008.11.18 : I Have Read to Wash (씻고 준비해야죠) feat Son Ho Young]
* SuHo [single 2009.03.31 : Baby I Love U (feat. Son Ho Young)] 
189287_152601984798957_8212283_n.jpg

MUSIC VIDEOS
* 2006.09.04 YES MV
* 2006.09.04 Love Bring Separation MV* 2006.09.04 I Cry MV also as OST for movie The Old Garden
* 2006.09.04 Little Bag MV* 2007.07.27 My Heart Is In Heaven MV
* 2008.10.09 I Know MV* 2011.06.15 Donate My Birthday MV
* 2011.11.08 Pretty But Hateful (feat. Bizzy) Teaser | MV

Featuring/Collaboration/Duet* 2007.3.13 As One - Close To Me Again (with Son Ho Young) MV * 2008.12.18 Lee Hyun Wook - Getting ready to forget you (Duet Son Ho Young) MV* 2009.02.05 Suho - Baby I Love U (Feat. Son Ho Young) MV* 2009.05.11 Hye Ryoung - Why Am I Leaving (feat. Son Ho Young) MV* 2009.05.19 Kim Tae Woo - Memories and Remembrance (feat. Joon Hyung, Ho Young, Danny) Teaser | MV* 2010.07.12 Kim Jin Woo - Raining (feat. Son Ho Young) MV

168663_146060038786485_7218458_n.jpg

LINKS
Website | Twitter | Facebook 
Soompi : g.o.d | Acting
to be continue

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Hitorijime

I really wanted to pick up his album, but I felt that the first single or whatever was rather bland and boring. Hoping some of the other songs won't be like that.

Guest DumboEphant

Smiling angel <3 I didn't know there's a G.O.D fan at all YG family forum :D Hoyoung is looking mighty fine but did he become thinner? o_______o;;

Guest jess1tym4life
Smiling angel <3 I didn't know there's a G.O.D fan at all YG family forum :D Hoyoung is looking mighty fine but did he become thinner? o_______o;;
:D yeah i'm a god fan not as much as yg but.. I love track 10 he sings with Taewoo, sometimes their voices sounds so a like i can't tell.. Oh wouldn't i love to be a backup dancer damn lucky girl.. credit: jess 4 gif hypt7.gif

Guest cindel25

I'm hoping he does well. He really can't sing live though but since he was putting in the effort to make his solo debut, I'm sure it will be great.

I'm really looking forward to his album. I was surprised at first when I learned he was going solo, because I honestly had no idea. I had heard nothing about it. And then I downloaded "Yes" to sample his music. At first I was dissapointed with it because I thought it would have been a faster sond, something more dance-ish, maybe even club-ish. But then I heard it again and I liked it more the second time. And then I kept hearing it over and over and I realized that I liked the song. I'm sure his album will be good. I can't wait to hear his ballads though. For some reason I want him to have a really good ballad on the album ^^ And a really good fast/dance song too ^_~

I'm hoping he does well. He really can't sing live though but since he was putting in the effort to make his solo debut, I'm sure it will be great.
That's so true, lol. I just watched his Music Core performance. Hope he will get better when he's performing more. His album debuts at #1 on Hanteo's sales chart, congrats to him.

Guest mandy_quyen

wow

His album debuts at #1 on Hanteo's sales chart, congrats to him.
congratulation ^^ , so he 's performing in Music core today , i must download it immediately ^__^

At first I was dissapointed with it because I thought it would have been a faster sond, something more dance-ish, maybe even club-ish. But then I heard it again and I liked it more the second time. And then I kept hearing it over and over and I realized that I liked the song.
I was the exact same way. When I first heard "Yes" I was like.... "uh...... :tears: " but then it grew on me & now I like it, hahaha. I can't wait to hear the rest of his album when I get it. I haven't heard him perform live yet, but I'll discuss it when I see it =]] But I'm excited!! I love Hoyoung :D

Guest brisemarine

woah! I was looking for thi thread :P I'm just too obsessed with his "Yes" song :D

Good luck to him on his solo album! Fighting HO YOUNG! G.O.D + SHINHWA FOREVER!!
and yeah!! they rock!!! haha

Guest speedstar

omg jess i didnt know you were a god fan... i loved god.. then i converted to 1tym.. but still love them. ... why do all the groups i like go on long leaves ... so sad.. god now 1tym... i love hoyoung !! i also thought the yes song was kinda not my style but hope the album is better..... god 4ever ....

Guest MiSs L.E

i just downloaded his album and when i watched "Yes", i thought the music was kind of odd.. but then i loved it. I like "Call Me 5500", cuz the musics upbeat and he brings a different part of him. and #5, dunno the english name, is wonderful... I love him~ And he got sooooo buff!! =D (btw, i didnt know that he spoke english well.) Well, id like to share a very special picture of him.. (its OLD)... since this is his thread. =] hoyoung.jpg this is my FAVORITE picture of him.

When I first heard "Yes", I thought it was a bit weird, but by the time it got to the middle of the song, I started liking the song and now I'm addicted to it. Haha. I haven't gotten the other songs in his album yet. Hopefully it's good too cuz his voice is just <3 (=

Guest mandy_quyen

have just watched his first performance in Music core . i was like " wow.." with all those screaming .. so happy that there were a lot of g.o.d -Hoyoung fans there ^^ Hoyoung sang 2 songs from his album : Yes and Cry , you can download the perf (thank Cindy <333) and other Hoyoung 's stuff at my clubbox ( my partner uploaded Hoyoung album for everyone who can't order but it 's the best to buy a CD to support our Hoyoung oppa) ^__^

Archived