SM Entertainment

Guest ginaaax3

Guest ginaaax3

Official Topic of SM Entertainment Discussion

SM TOWN AUDITION

I got these off a site and from real SM auditioners who heard some comments, so if these are harsh, don't blame me. It's for YOUR help. I'm not trying out by the way. If you have questions or something, ask me by PM or post here, I'll try to answer them. I will be posting more. This is just the basic/main stuff.

MAKE UP... YES OR NO? You should NEVER put any make-up. They will probably say, “Are you here to see an audition or to party?” Make-up can make a person look prettier, but SM wants students to look like a student, and keep that image alive. A lot of people put make-up on their eyes to make it look bigger, but they don’t like that. Just try to do simple things like make your eyebrows look nice and put a little lip-gloss. Now for the people who think noses that are high are pretty, don’t think that. A nose that matches and fits your face is preferred. Don’t do anything to make your nose look different.

CLOTHES…SIMPLE OR NO? They like student type of clothing. Don’t go to the audition with clothes you wear at home, wear something that shows good manners or shows cleanness. Don’t wear things that are too unique, look at what the people who passed the auditions wore. Your talent is important too, but your manners, and your clothing is as well. If you are trying out to be a model, don't wear showy clothles, just wear regular clothles, they don't like it I repeat x___x You will get to show how nice your body is when they ask, not just at the beginning.

PRACTICE LIKE IT’S YOUR FOOD! Did you practice? Why do you want to be a singer? They will ask those questions, don’t answer them like a machine. Show them that you can do it with your words. Don’t just practice your singing for a few months and think you can do it, practice and practice. Practice more than 100 times the song, then you will get better and better. You don’t just become a singer; you have to fight with your self.

JUST SING? NO! In SM, if you want to be a singer you need to know how to dance as well. If you dance and sing 100%, you’re chance to get chosen is 10%. Millions of people want to be a singer, but only some do. You need to show potential & confidence! That’s how hard this is. You don’t get It just like that. You have to have confidence in what you do, and you have to try to be better than everyone else. Then, if you ever get chosen, you HAVE to keep trying your best, or else your chances of releasing an album, or appearing is 0%. You can get kicked out of SM as time goes by. People have. (Some advice here is from kicked out people.)

MAYBE, MAYBE NOT If you want to get feedback on the song you will sing, or on your vocal talents, dancing skills, or posing, just post up your songs, or videos for dancing, and pictures for modeling, and we can help give you c/c. Don't be afraid, because most of you here are all on the same boat.

MORE? songs you can sing audition preparation.

QUESTIONS? Just ask me by posting here or PMing me. I prefer here <3 Look through the pages for your answers cause there will be answers on each page!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ginaaax3

SONGS YOU COULD SING:

Jessica Simpson – Goodbye

Alicia Keys – If I Ain’t Got You

Kim Jung Eun – Inside my Heart

T – 선물 (EVEN)

Park Jung Hyun – 꿈에, 나의 하루

Jang Na Ra – 연인 ft. Shin Hye Sung

James Blunt – You’re Beautiful

Before you take your audition, please practice =] It’s better you sing Pop than KPOP. If you can play instruments or make songs, they will think higher of you. Dancing is very important too, BoA, TVXQ they all dance. Don’t sing any SM songs, like BoA’s, my prayer. A lot of people think singing that will make them thing “Cool, they’re singing SM song, let’s think higher of them.” But that’s not true. They will rather think “They sing this because they think it’ll flatter us, not true, they need to take chances.”

AUDITION PREPARATION

1. You know the exercise for singing, where you sing Do Re mi Re Do, getting higher at a time. You can sing with the “Ah” pronunciation, or anything that makes your voice sound better. Do that for about ten minutes, with your clearest voice.

2.So can you sing? GOOD! For high notes, saying the words “Nah” or “E” is harder than you think. Keep on practicing that, and try to use some vibration too. If you practice, it won’t be hard. Then later in time, when those words come during the song, you can sing it well, without hesistation.

3. When you wake up, sing a song =]

4. Try to put strength in your stomach, and make it stronger. Drink some air, then put strength in your bottom stomach. Do that a few times, then you get stronger for singing. Try to breathe often too, but instead of your chest coming out when you breathe, make it your stomach.

5. Practice singing! Find a song you’re not good at, and then keep on practicing that. Then you will be good at not just that song, but other ones as well.

Guest 15;;1/2

Wow these are really helpful. Thank you! It seems like it's so hard to get in. >__<

Do you really have to sing and dance? Erm..because the other auditions..like the ones of TRAX members..they just sang and played an instrument. Can you just do that? Is it gonna be freestyle or not? ^^

Guest ginaaax3

Wow these are really helpful. Thank you! It seems like it's so hard to get in. >__<

Do you really have to sing and dance? Erm..because the other auditions..like the ones of TRAX members..they just sang and played an instrument. Can you just do that? Is it gonna be freestyle or not?

Thanks for saying this is helpful! At least it helps some people =_= You DON'T have to sing and dance, but that will give you more possibility to be in SM, because a lot of people can just dance, or can just sing extremely well, but not many (still many) can do those two well. I guess if you can play an instruement well and sing well, they might give you a chance. Maybe like YooNa in Japan. Haha, I'm not sure -_- but it's best you can do things that not many people can do well that are helpful to being a singer. And about dancing, you bring a CD in, and you dance to it. For example, you might bring BoA's - MOTO, and you just dance to it how you practiced at home. I also heard they have a rhythm test, so even though you can't dance, and you show that you can be a good singer, you have to have some kind of rythmn. Hope this helped ^^

Guest LovexPoison

I like this thread :) It's kind of common sense but some people just feel overwhelmed by anxiety and don't realize how difficult it is and how much effort you need to put in.

Guest heroz_girl

you have to be able to dance too? shoot okay i'm gonna start praciticing... i think i'll audition when i'm 15 or so... :P

Guest Hitorijime

So, when you say "songs you could sing", do you mean that we have to sing those specific songs, or are those just suggestions?

And thanks, this is helpful.

Oh and when you said "You should pick a song to dance too", I heard everyone had to do dancing, so I'm unsure. I heard they will pick a song for you, but should I bring something just incase?

Guest Mademoisella

thanks this thread is very helpful!

well take the advice and note2myself on these..

*sigh.. no make-up that's gotta suck..

but i'll stick to eyeliner, it's not it's even much...

Guest Storytime

What exactly represents good manners and cleanliness in clothing? Thanks for your help :) but I for one, can't dance if my life depended on it.

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

So, when you say "songs you could sing", do you mean that we have to sing those specific songs, or are those just suggestions?

What exactly represents good manners and cleanliness in clothing?

i have those questions too ^^

i am so nervous about this audition...must practice like there's no tomorrow =X thank you for posting this ^_^ it helps lots!!!

so they WILL be talking to you during your audition?

Guest love_virus

if your auditioning to be a model..what exactly is the height requirement?? Also what is free posing? do they wnat head shots, body shots?

Guest yongwonhi

I'm not auditioning, but this is really helpful, so thanks for taking the effort for making this thread. :) Good luck to the auditioners~

(So you have to know how to dance if you're auditioning as a singer, eh?)

Guest xloverr

omgosh thank you so much

thats was sooo much help...<3

do you know how were auditioning like

if were gonna stand on stage in front of everyone

or in a room with judges

from what i saw from previous SM auditions, it's just head shots.

but what i don't know is the height requirement, and what type of clothes is student clothes. i mean, we can't exactly wear uniforums, becuase most school here are public.

Guest Hitorijime

ah_po:

I think by the clothes, they mean that they want you to dress up a bit. I'm sure they expect that most people like do their hair a bit and pick certain clothes before going to school. They don't want you to come in wearing something that is too too casual, like something you wear @ home. Just not too overly fancy.