Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

From Ugly Duckling To Magnificent Swan? Share Pix And Stories :-)

Replies

• xkatxrinaxxkatxrinax Posts: 136Member, New Member

ROOKIE

Wow everyone looks amazing. I really must say it's amazing what hair + make up can do and lots and lots of confidence building which is what I think most people owe their transformations to. I'll have to dig out my old photos when I have time because wow did I have a transformation I actually find it hard to look at pictures of my self when I was11-15 so maybe it will be good for me to get them out there :)
  • ShugaShuga Posts: 1,363Member
    edited February 2012
    I had a stage where I wasn't aware of my looks, a stage where I didn't know how to put makeup on, and a stage where i wore too much makeup daily (foundation). nowadays, I feel I can more properly dress for the occasion and can feel confident going out just if i use tinted sunscreen to help hide the blemishes on my skin. i'm glad i'm at least a little less reliant on makeup, and I'm really grateful that my handful of closer friends really don't care what i look like and i can hang around them with no makeup on and with my hair back. or maybe it's because they're mainly guys LOL my closer female friends still comment on my appearance quite a lot, like on my makeup, my skin or if i am wearing glasses or not. lol sigh! whatever! i can't find any decent quality pics of me without makeup when it comes to 2011+ unfortunately, but trust me, i look better than i did in 2009!

these are fb sized pictures. i hope they're not too big..

10532_156125162812_615107812_3582934_2297605_n.jpg

19243_291021832812_615107812_4498094_2595615_n.jpg

282569_10150315520192813_615107812_9325464_3380849_n.jpg

yeah, i dunno either - 2010-2011 is a huge jump xDD

308360_10150353648362813_615107812_9740766_580402_n.jpg

JUST JOKING!!! ^ that was 2011 and me dressing like the biebster was a one night stint!

2012 v
    419376_10150658837227813_615107812_11119894_1306439026_n.jpg

407173_10150697259937813_615107812_11231884_1439843614_n.jpg

sometimes i wonder if people ever look at my old photos on fb and what they think lol.. I don't even look like the same person hahaha
    { personal blog. }
    i follow back. <3
    emolemon-Mira-mudkipx-serendipity-xthesteelkiseuTSUBASA.sallyenelysium.SceauLucheePureChemistryendeavorKisforKARENx3Ca.JENNUHsoliixjellobeansphalkenemologuesatisfaction!DarkDanger==secretlyvividMiamMiamxKanane_1PandaAgenda
  • endeavorendeavor Posts: 4,007Administrator

ADMIN

I don't normally post in this thread (I'm more of a lurker) but I have to say that I love reading/seeing all the transformations even the ones that are not necessary physical transformation but emotional ones (like learning to love and accept oneself). You guys are all so inspirational. :)

Iko.: Really random but your last couple of pictures reminds me of Cyndi Wang.
    discofuse
  • IXIX Posts: 30Member
    Iko. wrote on 26 February 2012 - 04:08 PM:

Waah. So after a long time of stalking this thread, I found the courage to post my pictures. I've changed quite a lot imo, it's fun to look back at old pics yet brings back so many unpleasant memories.

I've always been a chubby kid, and I was always made fun of because of my appearance. I was that kid that nobody wanted to partner up with during groupwork and end up the odd one out. Because of this I don't have much self-confidence, both in my appearance and social skills.  

Around summer 2010
    *quoted image*

I don't actually remember how it started, but I decided to stop being lazy and actually try to lose weight. I started with a diet, but I was still a lazybutt so I never really exercised (apart from shopping). I wasn't in a hurry, so slowly but very comfortably I lost around 12kg in a year.

2010 and April/may 2011
    *quoted image*

Here's how I look today
    *quoted image* *quoted image* *quoted image*
    *quoted image*

In total I've lost up to around 24kg. I still need to lose some before I reach my ideal weight, but I'm getting there! As I lost weight, my skills in applying makeup and doing my hair got better, and my confidence gradually grew. I became better at making friends. My self confidence is still very low though, and I've become very self conscious about my appearance, but oh well. I would just like to show all my middle school classmates the way I look now. I may not look fabulous but it's a big improvement.

I went to HK last christmas and my dad (who lives there) asked me if I'd gotten plastic surgery.  :sweatingbullets:

You are truly a model to me. Your transformation is so great ! Doesn't it seemed weird to dress differently, I mean, switching sizes to sizes ? :w00t: I wish I could lost as much weight as you, you are awesome !

(Sorry for my bad english)
  • strawberrynkiwistrawberrynkiwi Posts: 4,157Member

IDOL

Iko. you are my inspiration. I keep telling myself to stop being lazy... it's been like 5 years. any tips?

♥strawberryANDkiwiSTORE ENTER
    No Jesus. No Peace. Know Jesus. Know Peace
  • narsha-dollnarsha-doll Posts: 24Member, New Member
    Iko. wrote on 26 February 2012 - 04:08 PM:

Waah. So after a long time of stalking this thread, I found the courage to post my pictures. I've changed quite a lot imo, it's fun to look back at old pics yet brings back so many unpleasant memories.

I've always been a chubby kid, and I was always made fun of because of my appearance. I was that kid that nobody wanted to partner up with during groupwork and end up the odd one out. Because of this I don't have much self-confidence, both in my appearance and social skills.  

Around summer 2010
    *quoted image*

I don't actually remember how it started, but I decided to stop being lazy and actually try to lose weight. I started with a diet, but I was still a lazybutt so I never really exercised (apart from shopping). I wasn't in a hurry, so slowly but very comfortably I lost around 12kg in a year.

2010 and April/may 2011
    *quoted image*

Here's how I look today
    *quoted image* *quoted image* *quoted image*
    *quoted image*

In total I've lost up to around 24kg. I still need to lose some before I reach my ideal weight, but I'm getting there! As I lost weight, my skills in applying makeup and doing my hair got better, and my confidence gradually grew. I became better at making friends. My self confidence is still very low though, and I've become very self conscious about my appearance, but oh well. I would just like to show all my middle school classmates the way I look now. I may not look fabulous but it's a big improvement.

I went to HK last christmas and my dad (who lives there) asked me if I'd gotten plastic surgery.  :sweatingbullets:

A really beautiful transformation. Too scared to do mine, in my twenties and I still feel like I'm waiting. I hope your confidence grows and you aren't as self-conscious in the future.
  • HeartedHearted *Insert witty phrase* Posts: 993Member

IDOL

@seetwitty - I had to post to just comment on you. I believe your really pretty :D! Glad it worked out for you.
    lychee_pooCa.complaintz
  • chocolateaichocolateai Posts: 149Member, New Member
    i agree when most of you said we look worst during our early adolescence/middle school. when i was still a kid, i liked to wear dresses and be pretty. when i reach elementary school, i became a tomboy and only wore pants. seriously, i did not touch a skirt for a few years (around 7 years?) until middle school. in middle school, pimples started growing on my face like WTF. i was still a tomboy, and i wanted to wear guy clothes and act like a real guy but i couldn't because my shoulders are not broad enough for a guy's clothes and i can't hide my chest... they're too obvious lol. so i drop that idea of trying to act like a guy and wear girls' tshirts but i still wear pants all the time. and that time is the most difficult for me because i did not know what to wear, for all i have are some old clothes my sisters left me (and they're all old-fashioned, because they're much older than me) and i couldn't even buy my own clothes because i had no money and i had no chance to go out and i didn't know what to buy... i wasn't sure of what to wear yet, i was still torn between wearing girls' clothes and boys' clothes. i felt really embarrassed of what i wear everytime i go out with my parents for some outing or even with friends. i wanted to wear girls' clothes but i still couldn't let go of my tomboy image. i've had short hair, boy-cut for a few years, until high school. 

when i was 15, i start to grow my hair. i broke the hearts of my secret admirers (you'll automatically have a few if you're a tomboy because it was in an all-girls' school) when i tied my hair up at school. i started wearing short shorts and look more girlish. i started to put on makeup too. at first eyeliner, then mascara, then BB cream, then contact lens... and etc etc. now i'm 17, and i still wear dress rarely because i don't usually go out. anyway, i wear girls' clothes now, tank top, dress, leggings, wedges (can't walk in heels yet :P), some sexy tops and etc. sometimes i still wear like a kid (tshirt/hoodie and shorts) and i feel less confident when i wear those. i definitely feel better when i wear some girly clothes :) not to mention that my hair is pretty long now, at least i dont look awkward even if i wear a dress, unlike last time. i feel really good about this change :3

but at some point i feel kinda unsatisfied too... because my pretty face consists of makeups. i definitely look like those people on the streets you won't notice if i don't put on makeups. everytime i put on makeup i don't feel like removing them (like BEG's Cleansing Cream, ya know that song?) it's going to make me look ugly. hmmm...
    -IX-Sorahakone
  • xkatxrinaxxkatxrinax Posts: 136Member, New Member

ROOKIE

seetwitty wrote on 04 March 2012 - 04:26 PM:

LONG POST...

I think I've changed a lot over the years... (sorry if the pictures are kind of big. The editor wouldn't let me resize them and I'm not on my laptop to use Photoshop...)

CHILDHOOD

My forehead is no doubt huge and I never heard the end of it from friends and family...

*quoted image**quoted image*

TEEN YEARS (2006-2007ish)
    I was definitely sort of a bum in these years. My skin was terrible (PIMPLES GALORE) and I took little care with my appearance on top of being a little heavier than I am these days. I mean, MY THIGHS. :crazy: Thankfully, I sort of started growing into the size of my forehead...but then I bleached my already over-processed, relaxed hair to dye it purple and half of it fell out. I feel like I was at an all-time low at that point.

*quoted image**quoted image*

SOON AFTER THAT
    Give or take a year after high school I started caring more about what I looked like and saw a really big improvement, but still wasn't quite satisfied...better but still kinda plain Jane.

*quoted image*

HOW 'BOUT I CUT ALL MY HAIR OFF? (January 2010)
    Honestly, the straight hair thing wasn't working for me anymore. My face was still huge and my hair still ridiculously thin...I soon came to the realization that I didn't know the texture of my own natural hair (I've been getting relaxers since I was about 7 years old and my hair pressed with a hot comb quite often before that). Unfortunately still pretty plain Jane. I had a love/hate relationship this year with the size of my forehead (again). Definitely regretted cutting my hair more than once...

*quoted image*

FAST FORWARD TO NOW...
    Got my hair back and it's longer than ever. Started wearing make-up more often, eating healthier, and taking care of my skin much more.

*quoted image**quoted image**quoted image*
    I feel more comfortable in my skin than I ever did as a kid and as a teenager~

BONUS: FLAT IRONED MY HAIR A COUPLE MONTHS AGO
    No pics of the back, but it definitely passes my shoulder blades :)

*quoted image*

Wow your natural hair is stunning on you!! Suits you a hundred time better than straightened :)
    Wats my name?musicsmylife
  • xLoonyxLoony Posts: 120Member

ROOKIE

wow im so jealous about the "transformations" posted here ..

im still waiting for mine :((((((
  • paradiselovekissparadiselovekiss U.SPosts: 2,445Member
    @Iko: You are my inspiration hehe =D

@mnruu00: You look like a korean pop star =D
    2wm1i0g.gif
    credit:GDZY.cookielove 
  • monkeyinabarrelmonkeyinabarrel Posts: 1,371Member

IDOL

edited March 2012
    Wow such amazing transformations!
    @seetwitty you're not the only one with forehead issues... lol I could have been a walking billboard. Your eyes remind me of Rihanna's eyes.

@mnrruu00 I don't see any ugly ducking to swan change. Elaborate on how you turned from duckling to swan? you looked nice in all your photos
    Vynhpervert
  • mnrru00mnrru00 Posts: 35Member

ROOKIE

edited March 2012
    @paradiselovekiss lol i only got that from the last photo 

@monkeyinabarrel there were those awkward stages when i thought something was cool at the time and when i look back at it it really wasnt xD
    and that part where i tried to have that jrock kinda hair i didnt know what i was doing :P i overdosed in hair products lololol 
    Instagram | @ brickpiece

• judiijudii Posts: 498Member
    ^ omg you look like that chick that played Matilda in the movie when you were a child!
    silentcursekisschuxAriEllePhiliaLT&amp;lt;3