Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

From Ugly Duckling To Magnificent Swan? Share Pix And Stories :-)

Replies

• babygirl3376babygirl3376 Posts: 625Member

ROOKIE

edited February 2009
    -deleted-

• WitchGoddessWitchGoddess ???! Posts: 4,829Member
    edited August 2006
    QUOTE(Petite_Mal @ Aug 5 2006, 11:03 AM) »

As a child, I was really cute in the way really fat, pink cheeks, dimples, and frilly dresses tend to produce. image However, between the ages of 9 (when I first got my period! image ) and 13, I was really unattractive.

I had braces, glasses, was really tall, but kinda chubby and wore huge t-shirts and baggy jeans. This was because i started going through puberty so early, and I was soooo embarrassed about my boobs and the other weight gain. No other 10 or 11 year old had them, and I towered over everyone else at 5'2".

Things got better in middle school when other girls began to catch up. it's funny because people got used to the idea of me being so tall, but I never grew much after that, so I had to get used to being short! image Anyway, the braces and glasses came off, I got interested in clothes, makeup, and boys and became proud of my curves.

I think you're me. image THATS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED.
    Even down to the height, heavy weight, and period.
    I'm glad its over image
    Simplicity is Beautiful

Wanna read a blog?
  • ~ BunnyliciouS ~~ BunnyliciouS ~ Mum OregonPosts: 26,335Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

QUOTE(babygirl3376 @ Aug 5 2006, 12:35 PM) »

I was the ugliest nerd back then =X .. until i got braces, contacts, makeup, and new haircuts..

wosshhh.. that's an amazing change

• march-hareXmadmarch-hareXmad Posts: 382Member
    I don't have a scanner, so I can't post pics. But I think I went through that ugly duckling to swan thing.

My ugly duckling stage went from fourth grade to the end of middle school, so I convinced myself that I was an ugly person. People would call me ugly behind my back and in front of my face, and since I was a tomboy in elementary, I was called boyish. I would buy clothes that don't brin out shape or would look cheap/bought from a bargain store. My hair was frizzy like crazy because I didn't know how to maintain it. Plus I had harry potter-like glasses that had a small picture of snoopy on the sides.

Now, I know how to fix myself up. I'm more confident, and I don't put myself down anymore. I don't want to be looked down upon because of the way I look. people jude you, so they'd respect you more if you look decent/well dressed from head to toe. So I changed more because I don't want to be seen as just that one girl, I want to be known as someone who knows how to take herself.

I have to say, though, that I get vain sometimes and care too much on how I look which is a bad thing...
  • MaryMagdalinMaryMagdalin ??????? SJPosts: 11,469Friend of Soompi
    yea i used to lack A LOT of confidence =/
    i was seriously the loner in school ahhahahah
    barely any friends and didn`t feel like making friends
    i met my best friend 5 years ago,
    and she helped me with my confidence ^ ^
    maybeforever

• astigastig Posts: 705Member
    edited August 2006
    i don't wanna call myself an ugly duckling lol..but i was a fat duckling hehe image

but after my whole life of being fat i just decided to start exercising and eating smart..and now i think i'm at a healthy weight.
    the result is now people are nicer to me..but its weird cuz they are probably only being nicer cuz i look better than before...

but the bad part is that now i'm a "lil" obsessed with exercise and what i eat..i only eat healthy now and make it a point to exercise and lift weights..im not trying to be huge with muscles..i just want to maintain what i have now..
    but yea..i wish i did this sooner haha
    no one will buy the cow when you're giving away the milk for free
  • xCookiesxCookies ? Posts: 2,194Member
    Woah, All of you really are swans. I used to be self-coinsious(sp)
    But now it getting betetr
    Icon © psychedelic @ LJ
  • flyawayflyaway peach lover Stanford '11!!Posts: 3,552Member
    edited August 2006
    i think everyone goes thru that
    in middle school everyone looks dorky b/c no one cares
    then people start taking care of their appearances

anyway if you really want to see
    IPB Image
    that was me in 6th? grade

IPB Image
    IPB Image
    took that last week

i just lost alot of weight, got new haircut, and started w/makeup
    yeah
    BlancCrayolaAustrailinyan
  • sunnydaysunnyday Posts: 815Member
    yeah i think majority of people go through an awkward stage and look not that great in early high school but then go through a change (a good one) afterwards.
  • luzCONTROL_7luzCONTROL_7 s w e d e nPosts: 858Member
    I think you can wear a baggy tshirt & jeans, have braces and still be swan... (just saying 'cuz most of you seem to believe baggy tshirt+jeans = ugly clothing ...but i understand it's not that fashionable)

You all look great!
    babygirl3376, the pictures from when you were younger are so cute!
    And the last picture is so beautiful, with the long straight hair!
    セクシー!!!!(*3*)¡ⓝⓔⓡⓓ!♡s
  • EmyliEmyli Find me on Google EarthPosts: 824Member
    no way! you guys turned out really beautiful! I really need to learn how to out on make up properly.
  • revontuletrevontulet Posts: 1,119Member

ROOKIE

I think I'm going through my ugly duckling-->beautiful swan phase right now! I just got braces, contacts, and ears pierced. All that's left is to lose weight image
  • diana_jjang&lt;3diana_jjang<3 Posts: 566Friend of Soompi
    ^ same here. I'll post up my old pictures.... o_O
  • paperbunnypaperbunny arcadia, 91006Posts: 691Member
    edited August 2006
    wow, all of you look really pretty after the change! =)
    i also had a change ... a few years ago i hated fashion and going shopping but now i'm really girly, hahahha
    so yah.
    kaleido$copeyes *
  • SwtMsTSwtMsT psh. New YorkPosts: 2,814Member
    edited August 2006
    IPB Image
    (yeah, ugly duckling/tomboy)

IPB Image
    (around 8th or 9th grade)

IPB Image
    IPB Image
    now-a-days

I saw an old classmate from when I was little...she couldn't believe it was me haha image
    myspace

“One may have a blazing heart in one's soul, and yet no one ever comes to sit by it.”
    -Vincent Van Gogh

TSUBASA.Dollic
  • Petite_MalPetite_Mal Mountain View, CAPosts: 469Friend of Soompi
    edited August 2006
    QUOTE(luzCONTROL_7 @ Aug 5 2006, 05:47 PM) »

I think you can wear a baggy tshirt & jeans, have braces and still be swan... (just saying 'cuz most of you seem to believe baggy tshirt+jeans = ugly clothing ...but i understand it's not that fashionable)

i don't think baggy clothes = ugly. it's just the type of baggy clothes i wore... meaning XXXL t-shirts. i'm not kidding about that, either. image i don't care who you are, t-shirt dresses are not flattering. image

QUOTE(WitchGoddess @ Aug 5 2006, 03:56 PM) »

I think you're me. image THATS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED.
    Even down to the height, heavy weight, and period.
    I'm glad its over image

haha! that's what happens when you go through puberty young. i'm glad it's over too, but it seems so long ago i was in high school... image

anyway, as i said before, my pictures are mostly packed away for my move next week, but i found a couple.

this little me! image
    IPB Image

this is me @ 15:
    IPB Image

this is me now @ 22:
    IPB Image

IPB Image

i wish i could find some from when i was about 13, but it appears i wisely shied away from cameras. image
  • SwtMsTSwtMsT psh. New YorkPosts: 2,814Member
    edited August 2006
    uhg, double post sorry~
    myspace

“One may have a blazing heart in one's soul, and yet no one ever comes to sit by it.”
    -Vincent Van Gogh

• eliteninjaeliteninja YOOOOOO Posts: 2,055Member
    yeah, i used to be... uhhh, not so nice looking
    mainly because i was overweight & my teeth
    were incredibly crooked.
    IPB Image
    T_T to this day this picture cracks me up. & i think my parents want to hide it from
    the public o_o

i lost a lot of weight right before middle school. i used to "skip meals/starve myself."
    it was horrible, but then i came to my senses & realized that food
    was way to good to waste. i also got braces TT_TT

IPB Image
    sorry really bad quality. this was in freshman year. for some reason
    when i lost weight, my eyes became much bigger. & i got ssok ssangkapeul.

IPB Image

IPB Image
    IPB Image
    it was weird b/c my mom has HUGE double eyelids & i remember wondering when
    i was little, why i only had single eyelids. well, now i know: it was b/c of my fat. image
    but i`m still fascinated at how much my eyes/face changed.

• Apple_loveApple_love SurreyPosts: 855Member
    ^ Lol that picture is cute looks like a little chipmunk xD! dam if you can get double eye lids by loseing weight im gonna have to gop to extreme measures to lose some weight image
    My Blog --> Click Here
  • beckiibeckii 한번뿐인 인생 이렇게 살수 없어. Posts: 4,668Member
    edited August 2006
    haha yeah kinda happend to me although i dont really think im a 'magnificent swan' now, im not that pretty, if at all...

THEN: but around grade 7-9 i had straight, boring haircuts, braces, i was slightly pudgy and suffered from atopic excema around my mouth for 2 YEARS STRAIGHT [imagine a huge, red, blistering, weeping area of skin AROUND YOUR MOUTH thats damn itchy nd the skin peels nd comes off...approx. mebbe 3 cm all ard my mouth.....i had to wear gloves to bed for those 2 years every night so i didnt scratch the skin off my face by morning]....had glasses, ok skin and bad clothes...i remember i used to wear baggy tshirts nd cargoes and big jumpers all the time because i hated showing my body, even in smaller tshirts...

so i basically dressed like a tomboy, was pretty socially withdrawn and felt really bad about it..

NOW: iv lost some weight due to exercise nd not eating so much crap...gotten better clothes, although i stil dont dress super girly because its not me....better haircut, dyed my hair [its been streaked red, blue and blonde so far]...contacts, braces gone and the excema disappeared about 4 years ago [got it when i was 11ish to when i was ard 14, im 18 now]....so although i stil hate how i look [due to unresolved insecurities and because my body stil looks crap to me]...i think im a far cry better than how i used to look....and i suppose i try to talk more to people now, although i still do have problems...

i dont want to post photos up of myself here. but i guess if you really want to know...u can pm me. hahaha.
    힙합간지남♥
    facebook. twitter. tumblr.