Kim Ju-Hyeok 김주혁

armanigurl

%C1%A4%C0%E5%C0%D4%B0%ED%20%B9%CC%BC%D2%C1%FE%B4%C2%20%B1%E8%C1%D6%C7%F5.jpg as president of Kim Joo Hyeok Soompi Fanclub i must allow myself to start an official thread for this man.. i think this man had long gone unnoticed because he looks quite ordinary.. but many are discovering that within this man lies a very talented actor. son of the late Kim Moo-saeng who was a veteran korean actor. Kim Joo Hyuk has lately graced one successful movie after another... his current drama 'Lover's in Prague is also enjoying good ratings'. KIM JOO HYUK (Kim Ju Hyeok) 3052116_500x648.jpg Profile * Name: 김주혁 / Kim Joo-hyuk (Kim Ju-hyeok) * Date of Birth: October 3, 1972 * Height: 180cm * Weight: 70kg Trivia * Family: Father is the late actor Kim Mu Saeng * Education: Dongkuk University TV Series * Lovers in Prague (SBS, 2005) * Flowing River (SBS, 2002) * Rival (SBS, 2002) Movies * Blue Swallow (2005) * When romance meet destiny (2005) * Mr. Hong (2004) * Singles (2003) * YMCA Baseball Team (2002) * Say Yes (2001) RECENT RELATED ARTICLE 2005041611004474691_1.jpg200504161121580100_1.jpg When Kim Ju-hyuk played the role of a stuffy assistant teacher on ``KAIST'' in 1999, he easily could have passed as an extra picked up on the set. Not only was his delivery of lines awkward, his overall performance was just plain bad, critics said. But experience gained on the job eventually led him to landing his first major role as a detective in the 2002 thriller ``Say Yes,'' which he starred alongside Chu Sang-mi and Park Choong-hun. It wasn't long before critics were writing that he was a chip off the old block, as it was no secret that he was the son of actor Kim Moo-saeng, who passed on last spring. The younger Kim has gone on to take the male lead in ``YMCA Baseball Team,'' ``Mr. Handy'' and other box office hits. Today he stars in the most-watched weekend soap ``Lovers in Prague'' as a detective in love with the president’s daughter. (In real life, he's taken by actress Kim Ji-su.) %B1%E8%C1%F6%BC%F6%BF%CD%20%B4%D9%C1%A4%C7%CF%B0%D4%20%C6%F7%C1%EE%C3%EB%C7%D1%20%B1%E8%C1%D6%C7%F5.jpg200506100026.jpg source: soompi & koreatimes (credits rubie) HIS LATEST MOVIE WHEN ROMANCE MEETS DESTINY. ("Gwang-shik-i dongsaeng Gwang-tae") Kim Hyeon-seok, director of YMCA Baseball Team and assistant director of The Isle, is currently directing a new romantic comedy. The story examines the different styles of dating between timid Gwang-shik (Kim Ju-hyeok of Mr Handy), who cannot tell the woman he loves that he loves her, and his younger brother Gwang-tae (Bong Tae-gyu of A Good Lawyer's Wife) who cannot settle for just loving one woman. Taking the roles of the female leads are Lee Yo-won (Take Care Of My Cat) and Kim Ah-jung (Who's Got The Tape). This movie from MK Pictures will be released on November 23. gwangshik1.jpg BLUE SPARROW. ("Cheong-yeon") Sorum's director Yoon Jong-chan has started recreating the story of Korea's first woman pilot, Park Kyeong-won (1901-1933). Jang Jin-yeong (Singles) has been cast in the lead. Her love interest will be played by Kim Ju-hyeok (Singles, Mr. Handy) and Yu Min will be playing a talented, but arrogant, Japanese pilot. Filming started on March 29, 2004 in LA, Korea, Japan and China. This film has been delayed far beyond expectations, but there are plans to release it on December 15. %C8%AF%C7%CF%B0%D4%20%BF%F4%B4%C2%20%B1%E8%C1%D6%C7%F5.jpg CURRENT DRAMA prague.jpg Cast: Jeon Do-yeon, Kim Joo-hyuk, Kim Min-joon, Yoon Se-ah The presidents daughter, Yoon Jae-hee (Jeon Do-yeon) is living in Prague working as an official in the consulate under foreign affairs. Choi Sang-hyeon (Kim Joo-hyuk) is a detective who goes to Prague in order to look for his girlfriend, Hye-joo (Yoon Se-ah). Sang-hyeon who loves Hye-joo with all of his heart has been paying for Hye-joo's tuition, and was planning to marry her. However one day Hye-joo (who is in Prague) tells Sang-hyeon never to look for her again. Sang-hyeon ends up going to Prague to find Hye-joo. Sang-hyeon meets Jae-hee and misunderstandings arrive between them. Sang-hyeon ends up thinking Jae-hee is a prostitute but later asks her to help him translate (because he only spoke Korean) when he gets into a little problem with a pick-pocketer. Coincidentally, Jae-hee's roommate is Hye-joo. Later Sang-hyeon learns that she is pregnant with another mans baby. Hye-joo tells Sang-hyeon she loves the other man because he is wealthy. Ji Young-woo (Kim Min-joon) is from a prominant family, he was Jae-hee's former boyfriend, but had left her due to his own reasons, and still harbors feelings for her. 3 months later, back in Korea, Jae-hee gets pulled over for speeding. The officer who pulled her over is Sang-hyeon...the two then form a love story.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MR HONG PREVIEW

mms://wmt1.chosun.com/entertainment/LiveShop/cinema/coming/hongbanjang-pre3.wmv

Main Cast: Kim Ju-Hyeok, Uhm Jung-Hwa, Kim Ga-Yeon

YMCA BASEBALL CLUB PREVIEW

mms://wmt1.chosun.com/entertainment/LiveShop/cinema/coming/ymca-pre1.wmv

Main Cast: Song Gang-ho, Kim Hye-su, Kim Ju-hyeok

KIM JOO HYUK RECENT NEWS

Asked which famous couple of actors would be the quickest to tie the knot, netizens picked the most predictable winners: Kim Ji-Soo and Kim Ju-Hyeok won with 516 votes out of 1028 (50.2%), while it was obvious they considered the 'hot couple' of Chungmuro Kang Hye-Jung and Jo Seung-Woo to be too young to consider such a step, with only 71 people voting them (6.9%). Second place went to comedian Jung Joon-Ha and TV Actress Jo Hyang-Gi with 277 (27%), and third to Park Sol-Mi and Ji Sung - currently doing his military service - with 163 (15.9%).

Source Star News

& Twitchfilms

WHAT HIS COLLEAGUES SAY ABOUT HIM ( FROM THE MOVIE SINGLES)

Mr. Charm, Soo-heon vs KIM Joo-hyuk

KIM Joo-hyuk by UM Jung-hwa

KIM Joo-hyuk is an onion-like actor. When I first met him, I thought that he'd be too meticulous and cold. That's the image he kept in his past soap and film jobs and he well suited those images. After this film however, I beg to differ on that. He suited the Mr. Charm image so well in this film, not to mention his top-notch facial expressions and gestures. The more you get to know him, you get to find out so much interesting characteristics and abilities. I would like to find out what more he has to offer inside.

source: http://www.dvdasian.com/cgi-bin/dvdasian/19635.html

3105518_500x657.jpg

3052115_500x453.jpg

3052117_500x775.jpg

with jang jin young in Singles

335578_2.jpg

reteams with jang jin young for the new movie Blue Sparrow

81_5.jpg

with real life girlfriend kim ji soo

%25B5%25D17.jpg

Guest dramaqueen

i love this guy. i think he's a great actor. :)

i hope someone keeps posting info about him since i can't read or write korean.

i love this guy. i think he's a great actor. :)

i hope someone keeps posting info about him since i can't read or write korean.

ahhh here i thot no one was interested since this man is new in soompi.. :)

anyway, i just watched the trailers for his new movie BLUE SPARROW and i must say that he looks like a dashing prince in there.. it looks like a very inspiring movie and he looks pretty good with jang jing young..

the movie is due for release in december 16... I CANT WAIT!!! seriously he looks hot in it.. if u don't believe me watch the trailer for yourself :)

BLUE SPARROW TRAILER

bsparrow.jpg

mms://nhnext.hvod.nefficient.co.kr/nhnext/movie/movieclip/trailers/T0002561_300.wmv

mms://nhnext.hvod.nefficient.co.kr/nhnext/movie/movieclip/trailers/T0002561_700.wmv

BLUE SPARROW MAKING

mms://nhnext.hvod.nefficient.co.kr/nhnext/movie/movieclip/making/K0002562_300.wmv

Yoon Jong-Chan's 청연 (Blue Swallow)

jinyounga.jpgAlthough it's been mostly forgotten in the midst of the building popularity of Korean movies overseas - where stylish horror films showing different aspects of the 'Virgin Ghost' culture, or new ways of molding the specifics of the genre with new perspectives took center stage - I'll always remember Yoon Jong-Chan's 소름 (Sorum) as a memorable film. Hell, save for Kim Ji-Woon's masterful 장화, 홍련 (A Tale of Two Sisters), I could safely argue 'Sorum' is the best Korean horror film of the last five years. Atmospheric but not just to create an eerie feeling, the film was one of the first Korean horrors to embed a building or object something like a soul of its own, making the way the major characters identified with it and their approach to the feelings it created much more effective than simply turning up the surround and jerking people's feelings with arpeggio's.

Even only looking at Yoon's impressive short films, housed on the second disc of the 'Sorum' DVD release, revealed a certain humanism and depth, stripped of formulaic dramatic tropes often associated with Korean (or to a certain extent, Asian) horror. But 'Sorum' just hit where it needed: cruel, often crude, but also intelligent, more in tune with its characters' psychological state than worried about the viewers' emotional one. Although critics loved it, it hasn't received deserved recognition overseas (you could say the same domestically, alas). Director Yoon's disappearance from Chungmuro sort of erased from people's minds the achievements he made with his debut feature.

But he was preparing something much more ambitious, and perhaps more interesting than 'Sorum.' When I heard he was going to tell the story of Korea's first female pilot, that's when 청연 (Blue Swallow) quickly flew to the top of my most awaited Korean films. And even when the first teaser trailers, making ofs, stills and reports from the location shooting started emerging, my curiosity was peaking. It really sounded like we had something promising on our hands, and this time - unlike Song Hae-Sung's fascinating but dry 역도산 (Rikidozan: A Hero Extraordinary) - it looks like he was able to create a great atmosphere, both emotionally and in terms of visual impact.

An idea which developed almost ten years ago, ten months of shooting all over the world (Japan, Korea, China, America), over a thousand scenes of CG added to the film, and a budget nearing 10 Billion Won. A huge cast with top stars Jang Jin-Young and Kim Ju-Hyeok, japanese Yoo Min and Nakamura Tooru. Saying Yoon had a lot of pressure on his shoulders is almost too obvious. Although many things about her life are still unknown, and most of her documented feats are often vaguely reported, Park Kyung-Won cut herself a small portion of Korean History, becoming the first ever female air pilot. She was the youngest daughter of a very poor family, sharing the kind of faith of a lot of heroes of the past and the present. To follow her dreams, she went to Japan, started a new life, fell in love, and the rest is history. How could you go wrong with a story like that: glory, tragedy, success, failure, loss, love. You have it all.

But actually getting there isn't as easy. For the first time in Chungmuro history they experienced with airplanes, something which was as obscure as CG was when the first serious experiments started to emerge in the early to mid 90s, which of course inflated the budget. They went to the US for research and then to China to shoot most of those scenes, under the guidance of Kevin La Rosa, from films such as 'Volcano', 'Independence Day' and 'Godzilla.' But the film isn't a mere empty spectacle in the air, highlighted by a few moments of hackneyed romance. It's no Korean Top Gun. Using the background of the 20s and 30s and the relationship between Korea and Japan, the political situation emerging from the period to carve a striking portrait of the era, Yoon paid special attention to make the spectacular scenes only the icing of a cake full of meaningful, well developed drama.

But now that the film is a mere two months away from its release in theaters, the problems aren't over for Yoon and all the people who worked for a long time to make 'Blue Swallow' a success: debuting on December 15, the blockbuster faces stiff competition from hordes of Korean and Hollywood blockbuster, all trying to grab screens with aggressive marketing which is already starting. The action noir 야수 (Running Wild), starring top stars Yoo Ji-Tae and Kwon Sang-Woo; the mega-blockbuster 태풍 (Typhoon), Kwak Kyung-Taek's latest challenge to make his career escape the demons and burden of 친구 (Friend)'s success, trying to go for the overseas market with three huge stars in Jang Dong-Gun, Lee Jung-Jae and Lee Mi-Yeon; new films from Chen Kaige, Peter Jackson, Disney... the list is long, and they will all fight for the same audience between early December and Christmas. Although 'Blue Swallow' looks by far the most promising of the big Korean movies released this December, I'm afraid its chances of making it big look a little slimmer than you'd expect. Because thunder doesn't strike twice, and this year we had Dongmakgol already...

With all that in mind, director Yoon Jong-Chan answered a few questions regarding the film, which is now ready to begin promotion.

Press: What's the difference between [blue Swallow] and your debut 'Sorum'?

Director Yoon Jong-Chan: Well, first of all it cost 8 times as much. If 'Sorum' thematically pushed to reveal the intrinsic nature of people, in 'Blue Swallow' I wanted to show something with a definitely bigger scale, in showing a woman's dream to become a pilot.

Press: Was there any difference between the life of the real Park Kyung-Won and the character you created in the film?

Yoon: Since there was very little to research about her defining traits as a person, we didn't really have any kind of foundation to start from. As a whole, we acted as if we were in Park's shoes when developing the story, and the many dramatic elements we added.

Press: The background of the film is the 20s and 30s.

Yoon: There are many films trying to convey the sorrow and sense of resistance found in colonized countries. From the beginning, I wanted to avoid that kind of focus and point of view. As a director, what fascinated me was the scenic beauty, and when we shot the film a lot of time was spent paying attention to the art direction in particular. The kind of background and scenery we shot in Japan would have been the same if Japanese people shot it.

Press: How about your next project?

Yoon: We'll start shooting next February. It's based on a story shown on the KBS TV Documentary 인간극장 (Human Theater), about a homeless person. Choi Min-Shik has been confirmed as the lead.

A DIFFERENT ROMANCE TRAILER

kwangshik.jpg

mms://vod.cine21.com/cine21.com/movie/trailer/2005/10/gwang_tr_700k.wmv

source: twitchfilm.net

Kim Ju-Hyeok....

first time I saw him was in RIVAL.... that drama about golf...

and he looked so .... (what's the word?) ... well, let's just say, I was able to say that he's not too good-looking, but very attractive.

And it turns out that he's also this great actor... ^_^

hey, AG, have you watched "Mr. Handy"?

it's his movie rite? hmm I'm looking for it in any clubbox, but I haven't found it yet..... :unsure:

I am adoring him in Lovers in Prague!

I think he's good-looking in the unconventional way...unconventional meaning he isn't a pretty boy (like most Korean actor heartthrobs are). He looks like a man's man. I personally like his expressive eyes and his voice. Not to mention his acting ability. :)

He and Kim Ji Soo are so cute! She was definitely one of my favorite actresses when I was younger.

Guest Xa Thi Man

I watched Rival awhile back and i never knew that the "guy" was HIM, until i heard someone mentioned it was him in the Lovers in Prague thread ... i think he's a good actor and in my opinion he has this charm that attracts ppl, making it hard not to like him :wub:

Guest dramaqueen

armanigurl! thanks for all those links.

what i like is that he isn't pretty looking. he's sheek-sheek-heh. :)

i wish i was in korea and could see those movies. sigh...

this is alink for a movie he's in. he and the other actor apparently sing a song for the movie and there's a music video link on the page (뮤직비디오). pretty interesting. :)

광식이 동생 광태

Ahahahahhaahah~!!!!! :D omgosh Ju Hyuk is so cute/hot/muhshissuhh~!! :wub: Wow is he adorkableeee!!! haha Now i wanna watch that movie just because he's so darned cute in it~ *sigh* :wub:

I first noticed him when he came out in an old drama called "Sarang Eun Ah Mu Na Ha Na" (Not Just Anyone Falls in Love). He came out at Kim Ji-Ho's blind date (BTW this drama was the one where Kim Ji Ho and Kim Ho-Jin met and fell in love). KJH has a small role but he left a lasting impression. I was sad he didn't get the girl in Rival. I was delight with his My Handy movie and now he's back on the small screen! I think Kim Ji Soo and him are so cute. I saw the drama they came out in together (Like a Flowing River). I hope they do tie the knot.

Guest dramaqueen

i love this guy! i :wub:

by the way, he's in an indie film with sandra oh (grey's anatomy) called "smells like butter".

here's the article

Smells Like Butter

Hollywood's Sandra Oh to Star in Korean Production

Sandra Oh Drama 'Grey's Anatomy' to Air This Month

Korean production company LJ Film said shooting for the film "Smells Like Butter," starring 34-year-old ethnic Korean Hollywood actress Sandra Oh, will begin in May.

The film is a romantic comedy about a professionally successful Korean American woman somewhat past marriageable age who comes back to Korea under pressure from her parents to find a Korean husband.

The lead has been given to Sandra Oh, whose career has been on a dramatic upswing since her recent film "Sideways," while Korean-American director Grace Lee, noted for her work in short films, will sit in the director's chair. German film great Wim Wenders is to co-produce, and a top Korean actor will play the male lead.

LJ Film president Lee Seung-jae said with major names in the U.S. market like Oh and Lee on board and the film's lines delivered entirely in English, the film was all set to succeed in Hollywood.

With a budget of US$3 million (about W3 billion), "Smells Like Butter" will be filmed 80 percent in Korea and 20 percent in the U.S. Shooting should end in August, with the release scheduled for early next year.

(englishnews@chosun.com )

Guest dramaqueen

ommo! such great news gurls.. does that mean we'll get to hear our mr. kim speak english in "smells like butter"

is his casting in the movie confirmed? he seems to have so many movies under his belt.. how can he cope???

i think the movie is actually done filming and it's in his filmography so i think it's confirmed. this is also a link for an article that's in korean, which says something about him beginning filiming (this was a couple of months ago). i don't know if he'll be speaking in english-should be interesting.

김주혁, 부친상 아픔 딛고 정상정복 노려

[연합뉴스 2005.04.25 06:35:11]

배우 김주혁

배우 김주혁 / 소속사 나무액터스 제공

영화 세 편, 드라마 한 편 주연으로 나와

(서울=연합뉴스) 윤고은 기자 = 최근 아버지를 떠나보내는 아픔을 겪은 배우 김주혁이 다시 주변을 가다듬고 2005년 정상 등극을 향해 나섰다.

지난 3월 초 대작 영화 '청연'의 촬영을 끝낸 김주혁은 현재 '광식이 동생 광태'의 촬영에 열중하고 있다. 지난 22일 예정됐던 촬영장 공개가 부친상으로 취소되긴 했지만 김주혁은 자신을 추스르고 다시 연기에 전념하고 있다.

그는 이어 5월 말에는 출발부터 미국 시장을 겨냥한 영화 '버터냄새(Smell like butter)'의 촬영을 시작한다. 게다가 8월에는 SBS 드라마 '프라하의 연인'이 기다리고 있다. 영화 세 편, 드라마 한 편이 모두 올해 선보인다.

여기에 CF에서도 주가를 날리고 있다. 아버지(김무생) 생전에 함께 찍은 하우머치 CF가 좋은 반응을 얻으면서 그는 남성정장 쟌피엘과도 전속 모델 계약을 했다.

김주혁의 이 같은 활동은 상대적으로 조용했던 2004년과 대비돼 더욱 눈에 띈다. 그는 2004년을 '청연'에 꼬박 할애한 탓에 대외적으로 노출이 거의 없었다. 그러나 1년을 끌던 '청연'과 드디어 아듀를 고하자 기다렸다는 듯 다른 작품들이 물밀듯 밀려들었다. 덕분에 그는 올해 영화와 드라마계에 방점을 찍을 만한 작품들을 통해 관객과 시청자들을 만나게 됐다.

긴 CG 작업을 통해 연말 개봉 예정인 '청연'은 100억원 규묘의 대작으로 김주혁은 장진영과 호흡을 맞췄다. '버터냄새'는 한국과 미국이 공동 제작하는 영화. 대사의 80%가 영어로 재미동포 영화배우 샌드라 오가 여주인공이다. 역시 하반기 국내 개봉 예정이지만 태생부터 북미 인디영화 시장을 겨냥한 작품인 까닭에 김주혁은 한국을 넘어 미주 지역에도 얼굴을 알리게 됐다.

촬영 중인 '광식이 동생 광태'는 8월 개봉 예정이다. 너무 다른 형제의 사랑과 연애로 남자들의 진심을 포착할 이 영화에서 김주혁은 봉태규와 호흡을 맞추고 있다. 김주혁 특유의 섬세한 연기가 기대되는 작품.

여기에 드라마 '프라하의 연인'도 기대작이다. '파리의 연인' 제작진이 다시 뭉쳐 화제가 된 이 드라마에서 김주혁은 전도연과 함께 시청자 공략에 나선다.

김주혁 소속사 나무액터스의 이경석 실장은 "단순히 바쁘다는 것으로는 김주혁씨의 현재 위상이 설명되지 않는다. 모두가 주혁 씨를 찾는 느낌"이라고 밝혔다.

이들 작품들이 계획대로 모두 움직여주면 김주혁은 명실상부 올 최고 블루칩이 된다. 외모에 기대지 않는, 이미지와 연기력을 잘 관리해온 배우의 성장이 연예계를 살찌우고 있다. 하늘로 간 아버지도 그런 그를 응원할 것이다.

pretty@yna.co.kr

(끝) 

Article

btw, i don't really read korean so if someone can translate, that would be great!

i love this guy! i :wub:

by the way, he's in an indie film with sandra oh (grey's anatomy) called "smells like butter".

here's the article

Smells Like Butter

Hollywood's Sandra Oh to Star in Korean Production

Sandra Oh Drama 'Grey's Anatomy' to Air This Month

Korean production company LJ Film said shooting for the film "Smells Like Butter," starring 34-year-old ethnic Korean Hollywood actress Sandra Oh, will begin in May.

The film is a romantic comedy about a professionally successful Korean American woman somewhat past marriageable age who comes back to Korea under pressure from her parents to find a Korean husband.

The lead has been given to Sandra Oh, whose career has been on a dramatic upswing since her recent film "Sideways," while Korean-American director Grace Lee, noted for her work in short films, will sit in the director's chair. German film great Wim Wenders is to co-produce, and a top Korean actor will play the male lead.

LJ Film president Lee Seung-jae said with major names in the U.S. market like Oh and Lee on board and the film's lines delivered entirely in English, the film was all set to succeed in Hollywood.

With a budget of US$3 million (about W3 billion), "Smells Like Butter" will be filmed 80 percent in Korea and 20 percent in the U.S. Shooting should end in August, with the release scheduled for early next year.

(englishnews@chosun.com )

^ That is awesome newss~!! He's starring in ALOT of movies right after one anotherr~ :D He must be exhausted though :(

Archived