Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Replies

• chairmanmeowchairmanmeow Posts: 115Member

ROOKIE

Assai79 wrote on 10 August 2011 - 05:24 AM:

Hi!
    You needn't worry. From what I heard, Lateral canthoplasty is pretty much very reversible. It's the medial epicanthoplasty that is difficult to reverse.

Hey Assai,
    Thanks for the glimmer of hope. I really need it now. I'm just trying hard to remain optimistic and to keep my mind off of it until the time comes. It really keeps me sane!
  • member0802member0802 Posts: 6Member
    FDIsland wrote on 07 August 2011 - 04:44 PM:

Im not sure about the doctor yet because from all the posts i've read about banobagi, only a Dr lee was mentioned. But i saw from their website they have 2 doctor lees.

Are you happy with ur results?
    Mind telling me who did yours? was it incisional or non-incisional? Was it a primary surgery?

What method do they refer?

ssuigeneris: Your bet was right. They did refer me to non-incisional. 

FDIsland:  Am I happy with my results? I'm not 100% so sure because I'm still in the healing stage. I know I have to just wait...

FDIsland wrote on 10 August 2011 - 03:27 AM:

OK thks alot for the info! =) hope your eye turns out well.

Anyone can recommend a doctor at Banobagi? All the reviews i've read havent mentioned the names of the doctor which did their surgery.

This would be really really helpful thanks alot!=)

I hear Dr. Park is suppose to be really good with double embedded (non-incisional) surgery. That's what I chose ultimately =) In a few weeks I'll get a closer idea to know if I am happy with the results

ssuigeneris wrote on 10 August 2011 - 04:06 PM:

A hundred pages back or so is where I read that Dr. Joung at Banobagi is supposed to be really good. I consulted with Dr. Park who is supposed to be good at non-incisional technique.

You're right ^^ Full incisional.

I'm real curious to see your results. 've been reading your posts know that you've been doing extensive research with which method/ doc to go with, and out of all the one your chose I'd love to see his results. I just noticed there are no women doctors out there or at least that I know. BEst wishes to you.
  • alishagilalishagil Posts: 1New Member
    Hey guys,

Been scrolling through this thread and noticed that no one really has replied to questions about surgery in Hong Kong.

Do most people go to Korea? I'm going to Hong Kong at the end of the year and I hope I can get it done there. Has anyone had any experiences there??? (:
  • ssuigenerisssuigeneris Posts: 101Member
    edited August 2011
    member0802 wrote on 10 August 2011 - 10:08 PM:

ssuigeneris: Your bet was right. They did refer me to non-incisional. 

FDIsland:  Am I happy with my results? I'm not 100% so sure because I'm still in the healing stage. I know I have to just wait...

I hear Dr. Park is suppose to be really good with double embedded (non-incisional) surgery. That's what I chose ultimately =) In a few weeks I'll get a closer idea to know if I am happy with the results

I'm real curious to see your results. 've been reading your posts know that you've been doing extensive research with which method/ doc to go with, and out of all the one your chose I'd love to see his results. I just noticed there are no women doctors out there or at least that I know. BEst wishes to you.

Thanks so much! Originally I was going to write about my operation experience but it seems unnecessary as a lot of experiences have already been written about in this thread. I guess I will just post update pictures and a few comments on my experience (when it looks less swollen and pointless).
    [font="'Lucida Console"]
    [/font]
  • dazzedandconfuseddazzedandconfused Posts: 37Member
    Is the double embedded method the same as the double suture and twist technique?
  • i_luv_sushii_luv_sushi Posts: 1New Member
    Hi everyone!

is anyone planning on going to korea next month or so.. like sept/oct/nov to get their eyes done in seoul? It'll be great if I can get somebody to split the $$$ for the hotel and go consultations together ;] i'm planning on going around apkujung or nonhyundong area.. so pm me if u are or if you know anybody who's willing to share the hotel room :]
  • catpianocatpiano Posts: 1New Member
    Hi guys. I've been thinking about getting epicanthoplasty for a while. My parents even support it because I've complained to them about looking cross-eyed since I was a little kid, and I finally found out about this surgery to fix it a couple months ago. I currently live in Los Angeles, am moving to New York for school, and I have family in Taiwan... Taiwan would be the best place out of these three in terms of both results and price to get the surgery, right? Does anyone know reputable plastic surgeons for this in Taiwan? One of my cousins is a plastic surgeon, so I'm sure he could help me find a good doctor, but I'd feel safer having opinions from you guys as well :]~ I've tried to research epi several times but most sites I find just mention it in addition to the double eyelid surgery, which I don't think I want. How much is epi alone? & What are the possible negative side effects?
  • smiley-smiley- Posts: 42Member
    i'm planning to get mine done in beijing and we're going there next week, but only for 2 weeks before school starts. my mom thinks it will take at least a month to heal and you can't see sunlight or whatever for a month cuz a bunch of her friends got it done, so she said i shouldn't do it till december... can someone tell me how long it takes to heal until it looks presentable and school-ready? i really want double eyelids before school starts :\

eurghhh i'm really scared!! i have really fatty/droopy lids and i've been using tapes/glue on and off for FOUR YEARS! > <" my cousin got her lids permanent using the tapes, but mine are really thick so it hasn't worked for me... soooo i've finally decided to get the surgery. *sigh* have any of you guys had like... moral issues?? i feel so bad for wanting to get the surgery... like i should accept myself for who i am and all that ._. i feel like i'll hate myself after!!

• ephemeral_styleephemeral_style Posts: 22Member
    edited August 2011
    smiley- wrote on 13 August 2011 - 07:21 PM:

i'm planning to get mine done in beijing and we're going there next week, but only for 2 weeks before school starts. my mom thinks it will take at least a month to heal and you can't see sunlight or whatever for a month cuz a bunch of her friends got it done, so she said i shouldn't do it till december... can someone tell me how long it takes to heal until it looks presentable and school-ready? i really want double eyelids before school starts :\

eurghhh i'm really scared!! i have really fatty/droopy lids and i've been using tapes/glue on and off for FOUR YEARS! > <" my cousin got her lids permanent using the tapes, but mine are really thick so it hasn't worked for me... soooo i've finally decided to get the surgery. *sigh* have any of you guys had like... moral issues?? i feel so bad for wanting to get the surgery... like i should accept myself for who i am and all that ._. i feel like i'll hate myself after!!

its different for everybody ^^ i started going out after the first week (with my specs haha) just make sure you ice like craaaazy to make the swelling go down. i dont recommend you get the surgery though if your going back in 2 weeks, maybe wait till december? though some heal faster than others, it takes about a month to be safe. >< for the moral issues part.... yeah. im a christian so plenty of people told me to love myself for the way i am, but its hard. my eyes made me look mean and annoyed and sleepy. i scared a lot of people off because of that haha.. it made me stop going to church amd i hated going out with friends because no matter what i did with makeup, i looked and felt like crap. i finally decided to get the surgery, and although my surgery wasnt successful (double lids are uneven and coming out..) i feel sooo much prettier an i look more "refreshed" and its given me the confidence to go back to church and stuff :) so for me, it was more of an emotional issue than a vanity one
    ephemeral_style wrote on 13 August 2011 - 09:54 PM:

its different for everybody ^^ i started going out after the first week (with my specs haha) just make sure you ice like craaaazy to make the swelling go down. i dont recommend you get the surgery though if your going back in 2 weeks, maybe wait till december? though some heal faster than others, it takes about a month to be safe.  ><  for the moral issues part.... yeah. im a christian so plenty of people told me to love myself for the way i am, but its hard. my eyes made me look mean and annoyed and sleepy. i scared a lot of people off because of that haha.. it made me stop going to church amd i hated going out with friends because no matter what i did with makeup, i looked and felt like crap. i finally decided to get the surgery, and although my surgery wasnt successful (double lids are uneven and coming out..) i feel sooo much prettier an i look more "refreshed" and its given me the confidence to go back to church and stuff :) so for me, it was more of an emotional issue than a vanity one

yeah i wanna wait till december too, when i can take a week off school and heal better... but the thing is,  i'm going to a new school in september and i don't wanna go on winter break and come back with different eyes ph34r.gif also, there's a 4day/night retreat at school where you have to share a hotel with other students, and if i wear the glue/tapes to school regularly like i do now, i'll look retarded in the morning and everyone will know crazy.gif
    i'm thinking in like the same way. i'm embarrassed to leave the house without glue/tapes on and i always looks pissed off/tired and makeup makes like no difference at all... so i guess i'm doing it for myself... i know i'll "love myself" and all that and have waaaayyy more confidence if i liked the way i look! 
    oh god that sounds cheesymellow.gif

• tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 457Member

ROOKIE

edited August 2011
    smiley- wrote on 14 August 2011 - 02:59 PM:

yeah i wanna wait till december too, when i can take a week off school and heal better... but the thing is,  i'm going to a new school in september and i don't wanna go on winter break and come back with different eyes *quoted image* also, there's a 4day/night retreat at school where you have to share a hotel with other students, and if i wear the glue/tapes to school regularly like i do now, i'll look retarded in the morning and everyone will know *quoted image*
    i'm thinking in like the same way. i'm embarrassed to leave the house without glue/tapes on and i always looks pissed off/tired and makeup makes like no difference at all... so i guess i'm doing it for myself... i know i'll "love myself" and all that and have waaaayyy more confidence if i liked the way i look! 
    oh god that sounds cheesy*quoted image*

I was not planning on responding, but this last post just gave me this need to say something. What I want to say, is that perhaps you should wait until next year. Continue to research, continue to do your homework. You sound very insecure. You feel as though getting this surgery will make you feel better about yourself--but the truth is, that you have got to be okay with the idea that even if you never get to have this surgery, you like who you are. I'm not sure how old you are, but if you are still in highschool, I want to highly recommend that you wait for at least another year (ideally before starting college). So, anyway, I'm at a month and a few days and I am only now becoming comfortable going out without glasses/hat. I'm also aware that the healing time to go out looking like your permanent post op look is about 4-6 months. When you go through with the surgery I would suggest you schedule your appt at the very beginning of the summer to allow you maximum healing time.
    "Arguing with the hive tabloid mind is like screaming at the ocean"
  • jaeneepuhjaeneepuh Posts: 93Member
    smiley- wrote on 14 August 2011 - 04:21 AM:

Yeah, 2 weeks is a little too early in my opinion. I thought I'd be able to give the final okay sign at week 2 but it's not enough time. But it depends on how high you want to get them too. The lower, the faster it heals. But still, 2 weeks is a bit so so. And I understand what you mean. I grew up surrounded by all these criticism but it was really me giving myself a hard time. In the end, I wanted to look a certain way so I had more confidence in my decision. But you know, plastic surgery is still surgery. I hope you know that anything could happen in the end and prepare yourself.

tinkerbell wrote on 14 August 2011 - 11:54 PM:

I was not planning on responding, but this last post just gave me this need to say something. What I want to say, is that perhaps you should wait until next year. Continue to research, continue to do your homework. You sound very insecure. You feel as though getting this surgery will make you feel better about yourself--but the truth is, that you have got to be okay with the idea that even if you never get to have this surgery, you like who you are. I'm not sure how old you are, but if you are still in highschool, I want to highly recommend that you wait for at least another year (ideally before starting college). So, anyway, I'm at a month and a few days and I am only now becoming comfortable going out without glasses/hat. I'm also aware that the healing time to go out looking like your permanent post op look is about 4-6 months. When you go through with the surgery I would suggest you schedule your appt at the very beginning of the summer to allow you maximum healing time.

I think that everyone who gets plastic surgery has some insecurity in them that they feel. I mean if you're not insecure, why change something you're fine with since getting the surgery is a huge deal on its own. And to feel a little insecure isn't such a bad thing. There are just different ways to deal with it. There's people who actually get over it after several years, there's people who try to cover it in some way, and there's people who rather get cosmetic surgery. Before I had the surgery, I wasn't happy with my bare face. And now that almost a month has passed, I can honestly say I'm incredibly satisfied and love the way I look. I feel better and more confident.
    cherrismudge
    okayyyy i typed out a long response but it's gone for some reason...sleep.gif

i'm actually very happy with the way i look, everything except for my eyes! when i have the tapes/glue on, i have all the confidence in the world. but having to wake up early to put them on before school and having to put them on advance before i go out or someone comes over is such a hassle, i'd rather just get the surgery over with and have permanent double eyelids if i'm gonna be using the tapes/glue anyways :\
    so i think i'm gonna wait till december. my parents are gonna let me take a week off school + winter break, so i'll have a good month to heal ^^; i'll just wear glasses for the first term of school and hopefully no one will notice too big a difference when i go back in january ph34r.gif
    i think i'm gonna get the full incisional since my eyes are really fatty and droopy :\ the non won't work and the partial probably won't be good for me. i'll probably have to get skin/fat removed as well, but i dunno about the inner corners thing. my eyes open really big naturally, but they're just covered by eyelid fat > <;; i'm gonna get a small crease, big enough so that my eyelashes/makeup shows but not so big so that it looks unnaturalwacko.gif i'll do looooooots of research in the meantime~!
    can anyone recomposed some good surgeons in beijing or shanghai? i've only been able to find these 2  sites, one of which is in english   http://www.9hospital.com/ & http://www.eastplasticsurgery.com/blepharoplasty.asp does it look good/safe/reputable?
    thaaaaanksbiggrin.gif

ROOKIE

jaeneepuh wrote on 14 August 2011 - 07:02 PM:

Yeah, 2 weeks is a little too early in my opinion. I thought I'd be able to give the final okay sign at week 2 but it's not enough time. But it depends on how high you want to get them too. The lower, the faster it heals. But still, 2 weeks is a bit so so. And I understand what you mean. I grew up surrounded by all these criticism but it was really me giving myself a hard time. In the end, I wanted to look a certain way so I had more confidence in my decision. But you know, plastic surgery is still surgery. I hope you know that anything could happen in the end and prepare yourself.

I think that everyone who gets plastic surgery has some insecurity in them that they feel. I mean if you're not insecure, why change something you're fine with since getting the surgery is a huge deal on its own. And to feel a little insecure isn't such a bad thing. There are just different ways to deal with it. There's people who actually get over it after several years, there's people who try to cover it in some way, and there's people who rather get cosmetic surgery. Before I had the surgery, I wasn't happy with my bare face. And now that almost a month has passed, I can honestly say I'm incredibly satisfied and love the way I look. I feel better and more confident.

Yes, insecurity is a given. But she sounds like she will only love herself if she gets this done and that is not a good reason to get the surgery. I was not completely satisfied with the shape of my natural eyes I had the finances and the time to change them and I'm happy I did. Could I have lived without getting it done and lived a confident fulfilling life? Absolutely. I think the reason is because I like myself either way. I'm not saying that I'm super confident and have never been insecure--but I can live happily the way I was born. I'm happier now because whatever it was that I was dissatisfied with has been remedied. Also, she sounds insecure in her decision to even do the surgery at all because she feels guilty for not loving herself.

ROOKIE

smiley- wrote on 14 August 2011 - 07:53 PM:

okayyyy i typed out a long response but it's gone for some reason...*quoted image*

i'm actually very happy with the way i look, everything except for my eyes! when i have the tapes/glue on, i have all the confidence in the world. but having to wake up early to put them on before school and having to put them on advance before i go out or someone comes over is such a hassle, i'd rather just get the surgery over with and have permanent double eyelids if i'm gonna be using the tapes/glue anyways :\
    so i think i'm gonna wait till december. my parents are gonna let me take a week off school + winter break, so i'll have a good month to heal ^^; i'll just wear glasses for the first term of school and hopefully no one will notice too big a difference when i go back in january *quoted image*
    i think i'm gonna get the full incisional since my eyes are really fatty and droopy :\ the non won't work and the partial probably won't be good for me. i'll probably have to get skin/fat removed as well, but i dunno about the inner corners thing. my eyes open really big naturally, but they're just covered by eyelid fat > <;; i'm gonna get a small crease, big enough so that my eyelashes/makeup shows but not so big so that it looks unnatural*quoted image* i'll do looooooots of research in the meantime~!
    can anyone recomposed some good surgeons in beijing or shanghai? i've only been able to find these 2  sites, one of which is in english   http://www.9hospital.com/ & http://www.eastplasticsurgery.com/blepharoplasty.asp does it look good/safe/reputable?
    thaaaaanks*quoted image*

Sigh sigh sigh. If that truly is the case then great. Go for it. Your posts really don't give that vibe off at all "i feel so bad for wanting to get the surgery... like i should accept myself for who i am and all that ._. i feel like i'll hate myself after!!" "i know i'll "love myself" and all that and have waaaayyy more confidence if i liked the way i look!" Those are the posts that concerned me. I'm all for the procedure (obviously, as I have undergone it) I just worry about younger folks wanting it to help them love themselves.
    tinkerbell wrote on 14 August 2011 - 06:03 PM:

Sigh sigh sigh. If that truly is the case then great. Go for it. Your posts really don't give that vibe off at all "i feel so bad for wanting to get the surgery... like i should accept myself for who i am and all that ._. i feel like i'll hate myself after!!" "i know i'll "love myself" and all that and have waaaayyy more confidence if i liked the way i look!" Those are the posts that concerned me. I'm all for the procedure (obviously, as I have undergone it) I just worry about younger folks wanting it to help them love themselves.

first of all... WHY DO MY POSTS KEEP DISAPPEARING?!?! GRRRRRRRRRRRR

sooo anywayssss.... 

i would be perfectly fine living without the surgery/tapes/glue, though less confident about my looks. but why settle for less when i could have nice, big eyes? phew.gif
    of course i feel bad about getting surgery. i was born and raised in a society that sees plastic surgery and a bad thing. but that doesn't make me love myself any less. i am happy with who i am and how i look like now, but i'd just be happier and more confident if i had the surgery tongue.gif but yes, i am very nervous and unsure and scared... but i'm pretty sure i wanna get it. pretty, pretty sure.
  • RareBreedRareBreed Posts: 222Member
    http://bit.ly/oino4r

Singles can be super hot IMO... most of the girls I've dated have them.
    I still don't get all the hype about the surgery (unless someone genuinely has functional problems), and if someone's generally good looking I don't think their eyelid type will really make that much difference.

That being said, what the john tesh is up with Taylor Swift's eyelids....

Spoiler:
    momo1.png

Perfection.
  • thinkjustinthinkjustin Posts: 2New Member
    i dont think its worth doing eyelid surgery if your young and put on eyelid tape for like 2 years you will have a permanent eyelid....my one eye was only single and i taped it for like 2 years or sooo and now i have a permanent double eyelid. You just have to make sure the place you tape it on the eye where it is comfortable and not high up on the eye where it will be very disturbing and irritating.
  • ssuigenerisssuigeneris Posts: 101Member
    RareBreed wrote on 14 August 2011 - 07:17 PM:

http://bit.ly/oino4r

Singles can be super hot IMO... most of the girls I've dated have them.
    I still don't get all the hype about the surgery (unless someone genuinely has functional problems), and if someone's generally good looking I don't think their eyelid type will really make that much difference.

That being said, what the john tesh is up with Taylor Swift's eyelids....

Spoiler:

She's wearing a butt-load of make-up, though. My monolids looked good with a lot of make-up but one of the reasons I got the surgery was so I didn't have to spend 20 minutes in the morning perfecting my eyeliner. 
    [font="'Lucida Console"]
    [/font]
  • RareBreedRareBreed Posts: 222Member
    ssuigeneris wrote on 14 August 2011 - 09:13 PM:

She's wearing a butt-load of make-up, though. My monolids looked good with a lot of make-up but one of the reasons I got the surgery was so I didn't have to spend 20 minutes in the morning perfecting my eyeliner. 

True, but some of the ones with less look nice too.  laugh.gif
    momo1.png

Perfection.