Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Replies

• wendy_11wendy_11 Posts: 3New Member
    miki-ness wrote on 10 May 2012 - 12:51 PM:

Hi Everyone !
    I just had incisional double eyelid surgery last week, and today I finally got the stitches out!
    I decided to go with Dr. Lawrence Tong (He's located in Toronto, Canada) :D

I had surgery last Thursday, and my experience was pretty good. It was painless and quick.

They brought me to the surgery room and gave me the anesthesia through the IV, so I don't remember too much of it. When I woke up, they gave me a mirror and let me see the results (mind you this was still in the surgery room), They asked me to open and close my eyes to check that the eyelids were even. Then, they brought me to another room where I waited for a hour or so just resting.

Then, I was allowed to go home. They gave me antibiotics that I was to take for five days, and also some pain killers just in case.

On my way home I felt slight pain on my eyelids, and had to take a painkiller. The rest of the day I slept, and afterwards I didn't feel any pain for the remainder of the week.

*quoted image*

I didn't experience any bruising for the week, however had the surgical tapes on for the whole week. My eyes looked the same for the whole week. When, the tapes were removed it was a bit painful, because it was pulling on the stitches. Otherwise, the removal of the stitches wasn't that painful, just felt like pitching.

I'm happy with the end results, Dr. Tong said that the crease will drop a bit in the next 2-3 weeks.

If you have any questions just pm or something, I'm a bit new to this forum so I'm not sure how to check when someone replies to your message >.<

Thanks, and sorry for rambling :D

Hi! your eyes healed pretty fast. Did you ask for a parallel eyelid or tapered eyelid?
  • c4sandersc4sanders Posts: 10Member, New Member
    I'm not sure if you should or not -- I am getting surgery done with him on the 22nd  of may, I can let you know how it goes!  I'm nervous about the recent bad reviews too.  There are some girls I've been talking to though that are going through with surgery in the upcoming months.  Prayers that I don't have to get a revision -- that would be a pain in the A!
    Liliya wrote on 12 May 2012 - 10:08 PM:

Hi Berryhot, I totally just joined this forum because of your post. xD Can you or anyone, really, give me thoughts about whether I should do the surgery or not?

I was planning on getting my eyelids done in the next month. Eric Choe was the doctor I picked out because I heard so many good reviews, but now I have second thoughts. I'm not sure if he has experience with my type of eyes--I already have double eye lids, but they're hooded. 

I'd post a picture, but I have no idea how. They look close to this:

http://www.mrdavidch...9311-777934.jpg

I'd like my eyes to be rounder. I want a tapered crease with no epi. My eyes are fine now--they are symmetrical and already have small double eyelids. With that in mind, should I still take my chances with Dr. Choe? 
  • shirleyshirley Posts: 23Member
    darkpassion wrote on 12 May 2012 - 09:39 PM:

Well, I'm not quite sure about it but have been trying to read up more about scar removal creams. May I know what kind of scarring you have? Mine are hypertrophic scars so currently, I'm applying vitamin e and waiting for my kelo-cote scar gel to arrive from the states. Apparently most girls recommended it to me saying that silicon helps with it. As to the procedures itself, I've asked a friend who's keen on scar removal too and she mentioned that they'll actually be removing skin and making an incision.

http://www.plasticsu...urgery?#content so far this seems most informative for different kinds of scar revisions but I'm not too sure which method will be applied for my eyes.

so your friend mentioned that they remove the skin...but what happens to the crease? does that effect the current crease or would they have to create a new crease?
    i'm not sure what type of scaring i have. it's not red but when i close my eyes or look down, there is an obvious line where it shouldn't be. the skin should have healed evenly and the scar should have turned into an invisble line but because my first sugeon totally messed up making my second and most recent revision more complicated. do you think it's too late for me to use any silicon gel now that it's been over 4 years for me?

c4sanders wrote on 13 May 2012 - 08:22 AM:

I'm not sure if you should or not -- I am getting surgery done with him on the 22nd  of may, I can let you know how it goes!  I'm nervous about the recent bad reviews too.  There are some girls I've been talking to though that are going through with surgery in the upcoming months.  Prayers that I don't have to get a revision -- that would be a pain in the A!

hey c4sanders, good luck with your surygery and please keep us updated with your experience and result with dr.choe!
  • LiliyaLiliya Posts: 2New Member
    c4sanders wrote on 13 May 2012 - 08:22 AM:

I'm not sure if you should or not -- I am getting surgery done with him on the 22nd of may, I can let you know how it goes! I'm nervous about the recent bad reviews too. There are some girls I've been talking to though that are going through with surgery in the upcoming months. Prayers that I don't have to get a revision -- that would be a pain in the A!

Please let me know how it goes. :) I hope your eyes turn out great! A revision would definitely be a pain.
  • freshstart26freshstart26 Posts: 78Member
    anyone thinking of going to korea end of june early july?

lulunotlemon* wrote on 07 April 2012 - 12:13 AM:

MEEEEE! I'm probably going to be in Korea the beginning of July and staying for a weekish~ :)

ahh! i just saw your guys thread. lemme know if you are bc i'd like some company and feedback and help. :)
  • miki-nessmiki-ness Posts: 3New Member
    jojoann wrote on 11 May 2012 - 12:34 AM:

your results look goood! mine is still swollen :( did you ice a lot?

for the first three days i iced it every two hours >.<
    ohh post your results :)

wendy_11 wrote on 13 May 2012 - 04:53 PM:

Hi! your eyes healed pretty fast. Did you ask for a parallel eyelid or tapered eyelid?

He just gave me a parallel I think, I just asked for medium height... :)
  • wendy_11wendy_11 Posts: 3New Member
    miki-ness wrote on 15 May 2012 - 05:45 AM:

for the first three days i iced it every two hours >.<
    ohh post your results :)

He just gave me a parallel I think, I just asked for medium height... :)

What did you used to ice your eyes?.. Did dr. tong give you something to ice? Whats IV sedation?
  • jojoannjojoann Posts: 13Member
    edited May 2012
    wendy_11 wrote on 15 May 2012 - 07:00 PM:

What did you used to ice your eyes?.. Did dr. tong give you something to ice? Whats IV sedation?

sedation is the use of drugs that will make you relax, and make the surgery more comfortable. it is not really necessary as the local anesthesia will help with the pain. you will not really remember much of the procedure, recall time, or drive if sedation is used. 
  • going2seoulgoing2seoul Posts: 1New Member
    Hi everyone!

I'm going to be in Korea soon and I'm going to get double eyelid surgery.
    And maybe hopefully nose as well.

I'm going to be a senior in high school this year.

Me and my mom are going to check out Designerps.com the clinic.

Anyone know any other clinics that achieves bigger doll-like eyelids?

Thanks!
  • KLKLEEKLKLEE Posts: 1New Member
    Hi!! 

I am currently deciding on a revision double eyelid and epi surgery I had in 2009 with Dr. Park from OZ Clinic.
    I have decided not to do a revision with him, but rather with a more specialized revision surgeon. From 
    what I've researched so far, I've seen both bad and good reviews on most mentioned doctors which makes
    it really hard for decisions. I tried to narrow it down as much as possible, and so far these are the clinics
    I am leaning towards: 

- IOU
    - Banobagi
    - Dream
    - Eva 

I am sure there are other members that have been to these clinics, but I haven't been able to read through
    everyone's posts in this thread. 

If anyone is wondering why I am doing a revision eyelid and epi surgery is because one lid is slightly lower than 
    the other as well the epi scar is a little further out. My lids also lack fat so it droops down more than it should... has
    anyone had this problem before and needed fat grafting? 

Is anyone also planning to go at the end of the year? A travel buddy would be great~~ 
  • juniejunie Posts: 32Member
    edited May 2012
    DOUBLE EYELID SURGERY EXPERIENCE

I'm currently in Korea and I completed my double eyelid surgery 18 days ago.

For starters, I'm surprised hardly anyone has mentioned Grand Clinic. I've been told by my aunts who live in Korea that Grand Clinic's reputed as one of the best in Apkujeong (i.e. the "Rodeo Drive" of Korea) and they're well known for having celebrities as clients.

I visited Dream and Wonjin Clinic, but I felt most comfortable with the doctor I met at Grand named Sanghwan Lee (I'll double-check once I visit the clinic again for my check-up in four days). He cinched it for me by being super friendly and easy-going. Having a doctor you're comfortable with is naturally important since he/she will be the one stitching up your eyes.

I had a non-incisional method with... erm, I don't know what the term is, possibly "medi epi"? I recall that it's something to lift your eyelids and have your eyes appear brighter as opposed to simply having the double eyelid visible. The total came to 240 000 won ($2400), but if you pay the deposit by a certain (crammed) deadline, you can have it at discounted package for 160 000 won. Since my Korean's terrible and I wanted my surgery done the following day after my consultation, I'm not sure how long of a deadline it is exactly. I remember my aunt had to pay the deposit the same day before they close though.

BEFORE SURGERY

- not permitted to eat or drink FOUR (4) hours prior to your surgery
    - nail polish must be removed beforehand
    - you'll wash your face with their cleanser provided and change into a different set of clothes made for patients

IN THE SURGERY ROOM

- you lie down on the operating bed and shield your entire head with some sort of cover (can't specify what)
    - the nurses insert an IV needle into your arm and it hurt like a MUTHER for me - however, the pain was tolerable (beats having needle shots on your eyelids)

PROCEDURE

Unlike most doctors, mine drew in the markings on my eyelids before the operation commenced, asking me occasionally to open and close my eyes to see if the non-incisional marks would be even. After he was satisfied, he gave the signal to pump the sedation/anesthesia (?) and I was told by the nurses that I could sleep for the entire surgery. If I were to wake up, they said I wouldn't even feel a thing.

Had the best sleep ever. Was never disturbed once by the doctor to check if my eyelids were aligned.

POST-SURGERY

Apparently, my operation only took about 20 minutes. Problem is that I'm SUCH a light-weight, whether it's caffeine or alcohol, that I was affected the most out of every patient present. Struggled to walk and I crashed in their resting room for an extra 20 minutes or so. You might feel hella sick, but once you have some grub in you, you'll feel a lot better. However, my eyes did ache a lot, so I conked out for the rest of the day. The aching subsided significantly by the second day.

The doctor prescribed me to take two antibiotic pills for three consecutive days, where I'd have to ice my swollen eyelids periodically. I kinda shirked on that though.

Speaking of which, yes, my eyes looked hellish. Swollen as hell and were slightly bruised.

RECOVERY PERIOD

Admittedly, the ice pack really did help. By the third day, I could actually walk out, but not with my usual contact lenses. I was forbidden to wear them until two weeks had passed, but I could wear makeup a day after my stitches were removed. Alcohol's not permitted for a month either.

Anyway, I wore my glasses and the frames managed to hide most of my eyelids, which were still quite swollen, but they didn't look grisly either. It simply looked as though I had very prominent double eyelids - and considering that I don't permanently reside in Korea, I could care less what people think since I don't know anyone here, ahaha.

I removed my stitches four days after my operation; it should have been three days afterwards except they're closed on Sundays. Removing the stitches was a pretty painless and very quick process that seemed to have lasted for five minutes. It felt like a slight pinch when the nurse detached them from the edge of my eyelids. The swelling was reduced once the stitches were cleared and I could see an improvement within another three days.

After 18 days, I'm very satisfied with my eyelids and I hope they don't become any smaller actually. But my eyelids seem to have reverted back to their normal condition, so I'll make sure to ask the consultant when I return for my check-up in less than a week from now.

Unfortunately, my camera battery's almost dead and I'm struggling to upload photos from my aunt's iPad to her computer since the instructions are in Korean. Sigh. Once I get this ish figured out, I'll upload a current post-op photo of my eyes.
    *BJ + H = Fx3T-S
  • KimHeeSubKimHeeSub Posts: 34Member, New Member
    junie wrote on 19 May 2012 - 09:28 AM:

Ooo Please do! Your experience sounds so great! >.< I can't wait! ^.^
  • xminteeexminteee Posts: 7Member
    GOT IT DONE!

Hey guys, I just decided to go ahead and do a double eyelid surgery in Korea this summer while back in China for the summer ^^.

Only consulted at one plastic surgery clinic, Teuim PS, since I had already done lots of research and they seemed to give really natural results (and I wanted a natural result)

The consultants were really nice and polite, not pushy at all to offer other procedures! My consultant was ultra sweet :wub:

Dr. Kwon seemed like a really serious man, but opened up a bit later on (plus, his image kind of changed when he started singing to the background music in the surgery room LOL). Oh and his english isn't that well, but we got by fine.

Consultation was pretty fast, I basically told him I wanted a really natural looking double eyelid, showed him some pictures on my iPod, then he showed me what he suggested. We agreed somewhat in the middle.

I got the incisional method done, along with an epi and ptosis correction in both eyes. Booked the surgery the next day.

Day of Surgery:

Went in, one of the consultants brought me to the recovery room to change and then to the bathroom to wash my face.

IV shot didn't hurt at ALL (or maybe it's because I'm used to getting shots) but the lights were super bright...

Dr. Kwon said something along the lines of 'go to sleep', and I was just about to say how I wasn't sleepy at all before the IV drip kicked in and I pretty much passed out in the same second.

It was a really weird dream...I was flying around in this orange background (or pulled along, couldn't tell) and...I heard voices but couldn't really talk. Anyway, by the time I woke up I thought it was done, but the nurse said only 5 minutes had passed (fml).

Procedure went fine, only slight pain when he started sewing up my eyes. Gave me another shot, which didn't hurt at all.

Before Picture:

0Before.jpg

Night of the Surgery:

05PostSurgNight.jpg

Day 1

1-1.jpg

Day 2

2-1.jpg

Day 3

3-1.jpg

Day 4

4-1.jpg

Day 4 Night:

4night.jpg

Day 5

5.jpg

Day 6

6.jpg

Day 7

7.jpg

Day 8

8.jpg

I'm currently on day 9 after my op. Must admit, I pretty much did not apply ice/heat pack at all :phew: though I probably should have...

P.S. Those who stay at Highland hotel, DO NOT USE THEIR SOAP!!!! I have the worst rash (all over my body) I've ever gotten in my whole life, and it still hasn't gone down!! Itches so bad that I haven't slept for 2 days straight :crazy:
  • KapchunKapchun Posts: 8Member
    xminteee wrote on 21 May 2012 - 12:20 AM:

GOT IT DONE!

Hey guys, I just decided to go ahead and do a double eyelid surgery in Korea this summer while back in China for the summer ^^.

Only consulted at one plastic surgery clinic, Teuim PS, since I had already done lots of research and they seemed to give really natural results (and I wanted a natural result)

The consultants were really nice and polite, not pushy at all to offer other procedures! My consultant was ultra sweet :wub:

Dr. Kwon seemed like a really serious man, but opened up a bit later on (plus, his image kind of changed when he started singing to the background music in the surgery room LOL). Oh and his english isn't that well, but we got by fine.

Consultation was pretty fast, I basically told him I wanted a really natural looking double eyelid, showed him some pictures on my iPod, then he showed me what he suggested. We agreed somewhat in the middle.

I got the incisional method done, along with an epi and ptosis correction in both eyes. Booked the surgery the next day.

Day of Surgery:

Went in, one of the consultants brought me to the recovery room to change and then to the bathroom to wash my face.

IV shot didn't hurt at ALL (or maybe it's because I'm used to getting shots) but the lights were super bright...

Dr. Kwon said something along the lines of 'go to sleep', and I was just about to say how I wasn't sleepy at all before the IV drip kicked in and I pretty much passed out in the same second.

It was a really weird dream...I was flying around in this orange background (or pulled along, couldn't tell) and...I heard voices but couldn't really talk. Anyway, by the time I woke up I thought it was done, but the nurse said only 5 minutes had passed (fml).

Procedure went fine, only slight pain when he started sewing up my eyes. Gave me another shot, which didn't hurt at all.

Before Picture:

*quoted image*

Night of the Surgery:

*quoted image*

Day 1

*quoted image*

Day 2

*quoted image*

Day 3

*quoted image*

Day 4

*quoted image*

Day 4 Night:

*quoted image*

Day 5

*quoted image*

Day 6

*quoted image*

Day 7

*quoted image*

Day 8

*quoted image*

I'm currently on day 9 after my op. Must admit, I pretty much did not apply ice/heat pack at all :phew: though I probably should have...

P.S. Those who stay at Highland hotel, DO NOT USE THEIR SOAP!!!! I have the worst rash (all over my body) I've ever gotten in my whole life, and it still hasn't gone down!! Itches so bad that I haven't slept for 2 days straight :crazy:

:w00t:Yr eyelids look great, and the swell gone very fast. I'm awaiting your 10 days picture. Because i gonna back to work after 10 days surgery, finger crossed it doesn't swell or scaring on the lids. May i noe hw much for the total method surgery u taken? Is thre any scar when your eye look down? Aprreciate you sharing this, cos Teium is in my listing.:sweatingbullets:
    Happy Healing.
  • KimHeeSubKimHeeSub Posts: 34Member, New Member
    xminteee wrote on 21 May 2012 - 12:20 AM:

Your results look like your eyes are going to turn out lovely ^.^ Plus your before picture showed you had nice eyes to begin with, simply without a double eyelid happy.gif

And I hope your rash disappears quick; perhaps buy a cream for it? They really do help with the itching >.< They can be so obsessively irritating >_<;;
  • breezy11breezy11 Posts: 47Member
    Kapchun wrote on 21 May 2012 - 05:19 AM:

:w00t:Yr eyelids look great, and the swell gone very fast. I'm awaiting your 10 days picture.  Because i gonna back to work after 10 days surgery, finger crossed  it doesn't swell or scaring on the lids. May i noe  hw much for the total method surgery u taken? Is thre any scar  when your eye look down? Aprreciate you sharing this, cos Teium is in my listing.:sweatingbullets:
    Happy Healing.

there will be a visible scar for more than a month definitely. i heard that it will take 6mths or so for it to fully go away for non/particial incisions and even longer for incisional.
  • c4sandersc4sanders Posts: 10Member, New Member
    Bleph and epi with Dr. Choe in Manhattan today -- Anyone have any questions feel free to ask! -- Will definitely update with photos at some point in the future <3
  • xminteeexminteee Posts: 7Member
    edited May 2012
    @Kapchun

Here you are, day 10 pictures!

IMG_11032-2.jpg

IMG_11042.jpg

Swelling has gone down pretty fast for me, haha (lucky). Btw I don't have any eye makeup on in those pictures. (No makeup until after 2 weeks :( )

Umm, I'm not quite sure how much I paid for the eyelid surgery only, as I got botox to the masseter muscles and a filler as well. But they quoted me 4,800,000 won and I paid 4,300,000 after discussing the price ^^. By the way, I paid in cash!

As for the scar above the eyelid, yes there is but it's not very noticeable unless you stick your face right infront of mine and just happen to be looking at my eyes.

There is some tightness around my inner corners, but that's expected as the scar has begun to form but will definitely get better with time~

If you have any more questions, don't be afraid to ask! :)
  • illayillay Posts: 1,390Member

SUPERSTAR

edited May 2012
    xminteee ,it turns out great..at first i worried look at the crease on your left eye (right on picture). btw, do you ask for medium crease???is that in-out fold? please post your pic after six month ^^..the one when you close you eyes if you don't mind ^^

junie , we will be waiting for your pics !! hehe..
    by the way,yes... the procedure is rarely, how come he didn't ask you to open and close the eyes during operation...
    You two look so good together ....
  • KapchunKapchun Posts: 8Member
    xminteee wrote on 22 May 2012 - 06:32 AM:

@Kapchun

Here you are, day 10 pictures!

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Swelling has gone down pretty fast for me, haha (lucky). Btw I don't have any eye makeup on in those pictures. (No makeup until after 2 weeks :( )

Umm, I'm not quite sure how much I paid for the eyelid surgery only, as I got botox to the masseter muscles and a filler as well. But they quoted me 4,800,000 won and I paid 4,300,000 after discussing the price ^^. By the way, I paid in cash!

As for the scar above the eyelid, yes there is but it's not very noticeable unless you stick your face right infront of mine and just happen to be looking at my eyes.

There is some tightness around my inner corners, but that's expected as the scar has begun to form but will definitely get better with time~

If you have any more questions, don't be afraid to ask! :)

Thanks for the update. I have been refresh and refresh this pg waiting for your update. Your second pic look like Park Bom, which hav a pair of dramatic eye. It looks so nice:wub:.
    During your consultation, did Dr.Kwon show you hw your eyelid shape going to turn out?
    Do you book your consultation with Teuim before heading to Korea? I'm worried after consultation, they r not able to squeeze me in to the next day for operation.Seem summer is peak.
    I did  some reseach frm other forum, some of them having ptosis correction, they couldn't close their eye when they sleep. This is  freaking me. I don want my eye always look shocked.:w00t:
    Do you having any discomfort about that?
    Did they charge u 10 % tax for the surgery? I notice Teium website stated 10% tax is a MUST.
    Sorry for asking so much:P, i'm so nervous & exciting hw it turns out. Appreciated