Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Replies

• B0hemian_SpriteB0hemian_Sprite Posts: 5,369Friend of Soompi

IDOL

Don't worry so much hunnybunny...the procedure is relatively short. 30-45 minutes. You'll be fine image Share some pictures!

• murrkoh*murrkoh* ???? TOP. Posts: 1,272Member
    jamie---your eyelids definately look SUPER natural...
    but the eyelids are tiny!...
    when he experimented on you with the metal stick, is that what you looked like? did you want it that small?

your doctor seems cool, but if i were to go there, i dont want it that small....
    이효리
    섹세함 . 성격짱 . 완벽한미모
  • kangxbyulkangxbyul Posts: 1,510Member
    I'm confused >.<
    what is non-incision method
    and the other method? there are only 2 methods right? lol sorry.

I'm guessing the non-incision is when you just "jjib uh" your eyelid?
    "I was born with an enormous need for affection and a terrible need to give it."
    -Audrey Hepburn
  • efflorescenceefflorescence . . . . . . . . meow Posts: 1,585Friend of Soompi
    Hey I was wondering if there are any other great places to get double eyelid surgery apart from Korea. Any recommendations for Hong Kong or China?
  • yuans7loveyuans7love BOO~? Posts: 2,163Member
    wow your day of surgery pics look really good

i saw my friend last week about four days after her surgery and her eyes were sooooo swollen yours doesn't even look that swollen
    siggie<3

• efflorescenceefflorescence . . . . . . . . meow Posts: 1,585Friend of Soompi
    Pattie Says: Hey! Can your doctor speak english fluently?
  • stellabellastellabella STELLAAAA! PHX AZPosts: 2,543Member
    I recently started thinking about getting this surgery done. Are there any places in America that specialize in double eyelid surgery? I'm currently in Korea but I'll be leaving in 2 weeks, and there is no way I'd be able to get it done right now. No money + it's a big deal to talk to with my parents. I'd rather talk about it with them face to face.

Anyway, another thing is that I just turned 16 two months ago. Is is not recommended for youngin's to get this surgery?

IDOL

QUOTE(wyend @ Jul 11 2006, 03:47 AM) »

Pattie Says: Hey! Can your doctor speak english fluently?

I'm really not quite sure. Feel free to call them and ask in english, and someone will probably be able to speak with you image
    QUOTE(stellabella @ Jul 11 2006, 08:43 AM) »

Anyway, another thing is that I just turned 16 two months ago. Is is not recommended for youngin's to get this surgery?

16 should be fine image
    But if you really want to get the surgery done...talk to your parents. I would recommend to get the procedure done in Korea. Even my mom was like...oh man...I should have just taken you to korea with me when you were 16 so you could have gotten the surgery done sooner....

• soyeonnsoyeonn Posts: 52Member
    QUOTE(stellabella @ Jul 11 2006, 06:43 AM) »

nope. i got it when i was 14.
  • dollfacexCdollfacexC Superhuman jerseyPosts: 878Member
    i heard that it is better to get it when ur young b/c as u grow up it becomes more natural
    my sister's friend got hers when she was in 6th grade
  • demonicxsecretsdemonicxsecrets Posts: 33Member
    My Experience-!!
    I just got my ssang gah pul surgery about 9 hours ago,ha. I just got it done here where I live, Atlanta, rather than going to Korea or LA or something. The doctor was good, he was recommended by my aunt. There are two asian plastic surgeons in Atlanta that I know of, one is Korean and the other is Vietnamese. The Korean doctor was going to charge like $500 more than the Vietnamese guy and they both studied at the same schools and you know are pretty much equal. So I got it done with the Vietnamese doctor, Khuong Nguyen. Cost $1000, which is pretty good price.

I wasn't nervous at all for some reason. I just sat in this dentist-like chair and the nurse cleaned my face and put my hair in a plastic cap and some other protective coverings and gave me an antibiotic. Then the doctor put some numbing medicine in my eye and injected some kind medication (I'm assuming it was local anesthesia). The injections were the absolute worst part of the procedure they hurt like crazy. That's why my left eye is more swollen than my right eye because I strained and tensed up when he applied the injection in the left. Other than that all I could hear was the doctor cutting and stitching and a faint sound of the radio. He asked me to open my eyes from time to time.Afterwards, they sat me up and gave me a mirror and to my horror twas a red puffy eyed monster in my reflection. Total procedure took about 45 minutes.

Whenever I sneeze my eyes feel like they're going to explode. Hopefully with my many ice packs at the ready, the swelling will go down a bit. I hope my results will turn out as pretty as the people here who have posted pictures of theirs! And as soon as my eyes look presentable I'll post up some pics. I don't want to scare everybody with my eyes at their current state. I'm Korean and 16 yrs old almost 17 by the way, in case anyone was randomly wondering.

My eyelids must be in eyelid hell.
  • AestasAestas Posts: 2,282Member
    There's a vietnamese doctor in my state but i don't really trust him because most of the people who goes in, comes out looking the same... same type of crease...

IDOL

QUOTE(Aestas @ Jul 11 2006, 09:57 PM) »
    There's a vietnamese doctor in my state but i don't really trust him because most of the people who goes in, comes out looking the same... same type of crease...

If you don't trust him, don't get it done by him. Follow your gut instincts

• reverie_reverie_ SJ FANDOM.Posts: 720Member
    edited January 2011
  • sgwannabesgwannabe .YUI FAN FOR LIFE. Posts: 1,123Friend of Soompi
    I have to get eye surgery for medical reasons soon. image I found out that what's been bugging my eye lately has been my eyelashes pushing down on it. I'm so scared though....ahhh!!!
  • kangxbyulkangxbyul Posts: 1,510Member
    QUOTE(sgwannabe @ Jul 11 2006, 10:48 PM) »

I have to get eye surgery for medical reasons soon. image I found out that what's been bugging my eye lately has been my eyelashes pushing down on it. I'm so scared though....ahhh!!!

me too a lot of people have that problem
    "I was born with an enormous need for affection and a terrible need to give it."
    -Audrey Hepburn
  • singerchicksingerchick Posts: 1,202Member
    I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, but if your eyes are small, will double eyelid help a lot? Or will it just add a crease? Also, isn't there an operation that like cuts your eyes, part of the skin so that the actual eye opening is bigger?

"But this, like all journeys should be, was also a journey of the self, and I ultimately learned some intangible qualities of the human soul. A musical thread connects us, consistently from civilization to civilization. And that thread runs through you just as it does me. What patterns, and colors it will weave as the course of history plays out is only limited by our imagination and ability to dream." - Wang Leehom

• chibifrychibifry Posts: 1,305Member
    Do the eye shots hurt more than getting shot in your mouth? (yea Ive gotten shots in my mouth. ahhaha)
  • Mz Cr1-CrIMz Cr1-CrI g dragon ? AtlPosts: 2,202Member
    QUOTE(demonicxsecrets @ Jul 11 2006, 08:11 PM) »

My Experience-!!
    I just got my ssang gah pul surgery about 9 hours ago,ha. I just got it done here where I live, Atlanta, rather than going to Korea or LA or something. The doctor was good, he was recommended by my aunt. There are two asian plastic surgeons in Atlanta that I know of, one is Korean and the other is Vietnamese. The Korean doctor was going to charge like $500 more than the Vietnamese guy and they both studied at the same schools and you know are pretty much equal. So I got it done with the Vietnamese doctor, Khuong Nguyen. Cost $1000, which is pretty good price.

I wasn't nervous at all for some reason. I just sat in this dentist-like chair and the nurse cleaned my face and put my hair in a plastic cap and some other protective coverings and gave me an antibiotic. Then the doctor put some numbing medicine in my eye and injected some kind medication (I'm assuming it was local anesthesia). The injections were the absolute worst part of the procedure they hurt like crazy. That's why my left eye is more swollen than my right eye because I strained and tensed up when he applied the injection in the left. Other than that all I could hear was the doctor cutting and stitching and a faint sound of the radio. He asked me to open my eyes from time to time.Afterwards, they sat me up and gave me a mirror and to my horror twas a red puffy eyed monster in my reflection. Total procedure took about 45 minutes.

Whenever I sneeze my eyes feel like they're going to explode. Hopefully with my many ice packs at the ready, the swelling will go down a bit. I hope my results will turn out as pretty as the people here who have posted pictures of theirs! And as soon as my eyes look presentable I'll post up some pics. I don't want to scare everybody with my eyes at their current state. I'm Korean and 16 yrs old almost 17 by the way, in case anyone was randomly wondering.

My eyelids must be in eyelid hell.

whoa~~ where in Atlanta??? i want to see da before n after pic after ur eyes is healin... i want to get double eyelid surgery too but i dont kneo when.. need 2 talk to my parent about dat hehe
  • Romancer.Romancer. ??? ? England, UKPosts: 3,414Member
    QUOTE(singerchick @ Jul 12 2006, 05:29 AM) »

I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, but if your eyes are small, will double eyelid help a lot? Or will it just add a crease? Also, isn't there an operation that like cuts your eyes, part of the skin so that the actual eye opening is bigger?

I want to know this too!