Kim Sung Min 김성민

Guest jayelae

Guest jayelae

Miss Mermaid, Tears of Diamond, Couple of FantasyAM starting a thread for this quite wonderful actor. Just saw him in the series Single Again and I really thought that he was great. He, for me, is an ideal leading man and IS VERY handsome. He has one of the handsomest faces among Korean celebrities.

Name: 김성민 / Kim Sung-min (Kim Seong-min)
Also known as: 김성택 / Kim Sung-taek
Date of birth: 1974 February 14
Height: 180cm
Weight: 73kg
Star sign:
Blood type: B
Family: Father, mother, sisters

TV Series
Couple of Fantasy (MBC, 2006)
Tears of Diamond (SBS, 2005)
Single Again (SBS, 2005)
Lotus Flower Fairy (MBC, 2004)
Woman Living Next Door (MBC, 2003)
Miss Mermaid (MBC, 2002)
Bad Girls (SBS, 2002)

Awards
2002 MBC Drama Awards: Best New Actor
2002 MBC Drama Awards: Best Couple with Jang Seo Hee

http://www.arirang.co.kr/KidsnYouth/Star_F...mp;STAR_SEQ=331

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here's his profile....i got from showbiz extra where he was the starfocus months ago:

star01(3).gifstar02(3).gif

Kim Sung-min

Name: Kim Seong-min

Date of Birth: Feb. 14, 1974

Body: 180cm/73kg

Title: TV Talent

Hobbies: Cooking

Debut: 1995

Works appeared: Drama ¡®Single Returned¡¯, ¡®Miss Mermaid¡¯ and more

Awards: MBC Drama Awards, Good Actor (2004)

No longer Kim Sung-taek, he's taken an alias Kim Sung-min on his start to Korean Wave stardom! An actor overflowing with a quiet charisma - Kim Sung-min!

http://www.arirang.co.kr/KidsnYouth/Star_F...mp;STAR_SEQ=331

• 2 years later...
Guest Moenyar

Dear Kim,

The series " King flower fairy" is aired in our country.

You & Da Hae are very matched & lovely each other in there. Your acting are very good & so kind to Cho Won as real.

We love to see more (new) series with Da Hae and in real life, if possible as you two are so good looking & we don' tthink others are not matched with you than Da Hae. If not yet, pls. make another debut with Da Hae.

Yours loving fan,

Moe Nyar

• 3 months later...
Guest dominique820

hey :)) i like him too! he used to be my crush but i guess i'll never stop liking him :)) hahaha...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Nordelm

new thread for his next drama, Family Honor, http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=217828

I just finished watching Heaven's Fate also known as King's Flower Fairy. I had been looking for this drama for a long time & finally found the link from Lee Da Hae's soompi forum. Lee Da Hae (one of my favorite actress) & Kim Sung Min looked great in that drama. He is very handsome & seems to be very quiet & humble (very low profile). He's a great actor. I saw him also in Before & After Plastic Surgery (2008 drama) & he has not changed much. He has not aged much, still very handsome. I wish he get paired with my favorite Hallyu star Choi Ji Woo. I'm looking forward in seeing him again in a drama in the very near future. It will also be great if he collaborate with Lee Da Hae again.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

? is this all, just one page ? :huh:

KSM is so funny in Family's Honor.

Now, where to get a subbed version of his drama with LDH....uhhmmm

or Single Again

or...

any recommendations?

• 1 month later...
Guest joyjoy2

luv this guy too after watching B&A Plastic Surgery and Woman Living Next Door ..

now looking for all other dramas which played by him..

:)

• 1 month later...

I just love him in his recent role in Family Honour. He is taking a comedian act yet being so sensitive and caring within in playing Tae Young.

Good chemistry with Maya who plays his wife.

There was a very interesting interview about him posted in a chinese fan site on arirang20081110 Showbiz Extra.

http://kimsungmin.ifensi.com/ Look for the center top post. Enjoy. (My bad, the site need registration to view. Excuse me for keeping the link for those bilingual readers)

• 1 month later...

Congratulations…

Kim Sung Min is taking up a new role(first fixed MC) in Happy Sunday, a Korean reality-variety show shown on the KBS2 network.

His first appearance on the 29th 5:30p.m.

200903201340461001_1.jpg

Official link for Happy Sunday

Original article

yahoo babel fish translation

Player Kim Seong Min the first fixation MC performs in KBS `happy line days '.

`mermaid young ladies ' leads and from glory ' etc. drama and movie of the couple ' `families of `king flower fairy ' `fantasies to make a debut with the fans Kim Seong Min whom meets from this time challenges in art and MC a meal and the talent to hide during that time shows.

Happy line day two people one PRODUCER leads and “drama movie sees from a certainly once works [siph] [ess] performs expects his features and same program and to this program and said gladly new his features”.

KBS happy line days when Kim Seong Min will challenge 'before dying, the arrogant branch must do ' my life the entertainers dream as usual with the project which lives well and they come and before dying, they try and direct experience tries the works the variety program which will freeze.

To this program on the possibility outside other than novelist who is a life senior is performed with a first in KBS programs and this around [kyu], Kim country Kim Taiyuan and profit three, player mileage position of the resurrection which falls perform.

The assigned company of Kim Seong Min [phul] to the mote [su] as being and the whole milk American team leader of the mote “the fixation program where Kim Seong Min performs with a first a program, to do a best being is doing and [ku_e_nu_ttay_po_ta] highly joyfully lows, is photographing,” conveyed.

Kim Seong Min is visible the first line with MC and 'the happy line day ' leads and 29th 5: afternoon 30 KBS 2TV is broadcast.

Yun [song] three knaty@newsen.com

Kim sung min is cute and acts really great... but i dont like him with Lee Da hae...she is so...hmmm...i just dont know why i hate her..something is on her face that i don't like...maybe she just looks common and not so beautiful...

• 1 month later...
Guest schnee

「My Wife Is A Superwoman」 31.1% ratings for episode 16! Cameo by Kim Seong-min

The much talked-about 「My Wife Is A Superwoman」 (script by Park Ji-eun, directed by Ko Dong-seon, Kim Min-sik) surprised audiences with another cameo, this time by actor Kim Seong-min who reprises "Billy" from 「Couple or Trouble」.

Kim Seong-min is Tae-jun's (Yun Sang-hyeon) friend Billy who flies in from Florida on a private jet upon hearing the news of Tae-jun's impending divorce. He reveals his inner thoughts regarding divorce. "Ever fried bacon by yourself? Ever talk to yourself in the mirror just to hear the sound of your voice? Ever take pictures of yourself alone by timer next to the tree at Christmas? That's what divorce is."

And there's also a scene where Kim Seong-min runs into Dal-su (Oh Ji-ho) at Tae-jun's company and is disgruntled. "You look so much like the person I hate the most in the world... You really have a face I greatly dislike."

His line refers back to the 2006 MBC hit drama 「Couple or Trouble」 where Jang Cheol-su (Oh Ji-ho) romances Billy's wife Anna (Han Ye-seul). The viewers caught the reference and enjoyed the moment immensely.

This cameo was made possible due to Kim Seong-min's relationship with director Kim Min-sik. They worked together on the 2007 drma 「Before & After Plastic Surgery」.

When Kim Seong-min heard that Kim Min-sik was in charge of 「My Wife Is A Superwoman」, he sent a text reading, "Call for me, and I'll be there. No complaints, no questions asked," and offered to make a special appearance. But Kim Min-sik initially mistook the text for spam mail from a taxi service and erased the text.

Kim Seong-min mentioned that he wanted his cameo to be a complete surprise. Particularly since he just took on a lead role for MBC's new daily drama 「Serve Me」 (airs May 25), he had to shoot his scenes for 「My Wife Is A Superwoman」 at six in the morning before heading over to the set for 「Feed Me」.

After filming, Kim Seong-min said some encouraging workds to Oh Ji-ho. "You are great in romantic comedies. Whatever you touch, it turns to gold. You're an actor that brings about luck." He wished the actors and staff an encouraging "Good luck!"

Episode 16 which aired on the 5th, hit a personal record high of 31.1% (according to TNS).

http://www.mbc24tv.com/?document_srl=6339

16-07-1.jpg

Guest schnee

Sungmin's new role on MBC TV series <밥 줘!>

Date of airing: May 25, 2009

Time of airing : Monday ~ Friday 8:15pm (Korean Time)

Writer: 서영명

Producer: 이대영

20090424103791_5.JPG

ae_1240548902_-861594972_2.jpg

Guest schnee

[serve Me!] Kim Seong-min's third daily drama! This time he's "Seon-wu"!

http://www.mbc24tv.com/?document_srl=63832009

05.08 09:47:54

200905081052381_P.JPG

MBC's newest daily drama [serve Me!] (script by Seo Young-myeong, directed by Lee Dae-young & Lee Sang-yeop) stars Kim Seong-min as Jeong Seon-wu, a reserved husband. Kim revealed his ambitions for the show before it beings airing.

Kim Seong-min debuted successfully as the upstanding, gentle reporter Ju-wang in the drama [Miss Mermaid] and went on to be Mu-bin, a man faithful in love, in the drama [Lotus Flower Fairy]. Now in his third daily drama, he will become Seon-wu, a reserved and curt husband.

Since his previous two daily dramas were so successful, we asked him if he felt a lot of pressure with the upcoming project. He answered, "I'm going to be working with a lot of more experienced, veteran actors in this project. When they stride forward, I'm going to be taking one step at a time in order to match their stride. Rather than shoulder the weight of responsibility, I'm going to try and really become the character Seon-wu so that his name is remembered by the viewers, instead of 'Ju-wang' or 'Mu-bin.'"

Kim joined the cast of [serve Me!] not long after his last drama [Family's Honor] came to an end, and it would certainly be no surprise if he were tired. But he showed his passion for acting when he replied, "You know what? When you're doing something that you love, you never get tired."

Kim Seong-min takes the role of Jeong Seon-wu in [serve Me!]. He's married to Young-ran (Ha Hui-ra) and owns and operates a health food company. He begins to stray off the path when he reunites with an old lover, the girl he broke up with due to his mother's insistence.

When asked about the character, Kim explained, "Seon-wu is successful in the public sphere. [...] And when he reunites with his old lover, he swears to love her enough to make up for all the lost time. The development of this is something the viewers can look forward to."

This is the first time he's working with Ha Hui-ra, who stars as his wife. Regarding her, he said, "She's exactly as she is portrayed on TV. She's older than me, but I think we'll get along well and I'm really looking forward to it."

Though this is his third daily drama with MBC, Kim says that the times are always changing and he first needs to adjust. You can catch his excellent performance on the new daily drama [serve Me!] on May 25th!

20090508162654753a4_164830_0.jpg

Archived