Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

What I Baked/cooked Today Thread

Replies

• vintageballadvintageballad Posts: 2,687Member
    edited October 2007
    My own version of kimchi fried rice! image

It looks kinda icky, but it was pretty tasty. :3

QUOTE(Azngel @ Oct 7 2007, 07:56 PM) »

Oh my gah! That looks so good! ;-;
  • AzngelAzngel zBanned Posts: 4,888Friend of Soompi
    edited October 2007
    QUOTE(someday4_2 @ Oct 7 2007, 11:44 PM) »
    Wow... can we have the recipe please?? How did it taste??

its definitely for someone who really enjoys sweets and is a chocolate fanatic b/c the cake is very rich, dense, and chocolatey. someone who doesnt enjoy chocolate might find it to be overwhelming.

the cake
    INGREDIENTS

* 1 (18.25 ounce) package dark chocolate cake mix
    * 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
    * 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
    * 3 eggs
    * 1/3 cup vegetable oil
    * 1/2 cup coffee flavored liqueur
    * 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
    2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, oil and coffee liqueur. Beat until ingredients are well blended. Fold in chocolate chips. Batter will be thick. Spoon into prepared pan.
    3. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until cake springs back when lightly tapped. Cool 10 minutes in pan, then turn out and cool completely on wire rack.
    NOTE: to make it alcohol-free you can substitute chocolate milk or strongly brewed coffee for the liqueur.
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Cav...ake/Detail.aspx

the glaze
    INGREDIENTS

* 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
    * 3 tablespoons butter
    * 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
    * 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

1. In a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water, combine chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup. Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, then add vanilla.
    2. Spread warm glaze over top of cake, letting it drizzle down the sides.
    NOTE: you dont need a double boiler at all, just microwave 30seconds then stir and repeat as needed.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Satiny-Chocol...aze/Detail.aspx
  • KenG69KenG69 Posts: 195Member
    applewood smoked (uncured) bacon, fresh GARLIC stems, and red bell peppers - the bacon is a decent substitute for Hunan-style "la ruo."

• AzngelAzngel zBanned Posts: 4,888Friend of Soompi
    QUOTE(KenG69 @ Oct 10 2007, 10:02 PM) »
    applewood smoked (uncured) bacon, fresh GARLIC stems, and red bell peppers - the bacon is a decent substitute for Hunan-style "la ruo."

[]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t46/ataicorp/Food/DSCF1690.jpg[/img]

how did you make your garlic stems curve like that? mine just comes out straight. this is the garlic stem with the bulb at the top right?
    QUOTE(Azngel @ Oct 10 2007, 09:32 PM) »
    how did you make your garlic stems curve like that? mine just comes out straight. this is the garlic stem with the bulb at the top right?

They were curved when i bought them, most garlic stems are like that...these weren't as tender as what you would find in China, so I steamed them for 2-3 mins before stir frying in the wok.

HTH
  • rapunzel283rapunzel283 Herro! Posts: 5,134Friend of Soompi
    edited October 2007
    I baked cookies for one of my BFFs birthday tomorrow...

The original plan was to write HAPPY BIRTHDAY VIV!
    Then I realised I could use 19 cookies (19th birthday, go figure o_ov)

So on the tray it says HAPPY BIRTHDAY VIV _ 19th (NB the underscore represents an exclamation mark turned mess)
    Hopefully he likes them ._.

Before/After:
    imageimage

Bad phone camera image

edit

Recipe for MeiNing image

Very, very, very easy recipe... I don't think these are sugar cookies o_o. I got the recipe off the back of a pack of choc chips image...

100g butter
    1 cup brown sugar
    1 egg
    vanilla extract (I usually just put in a dash... it wasn't in the original recipe, but why not image )
    1.5 cups self-raising flour
    Choc chips or whatever you want to add o_ov

Cream the butter and sugar.
    Add the egg & vanilla. (I like to mix the egg and vanilla first)
    Mix in the flour.
    Add choc chips or whatever you'd like here image
    Then you can dollop teaspoon/tablespoon fulls onto a tray, and bake at 160 degrees Celsius for about 15 minutes.
    (I like teaspoons just because they're a nice size image)

Easiest recipe ever that I will use forever. image
    이효리짱
  • MeiNingMeiNing SeattlePosts: 687Member
    ^ Those cookies look realllyyy good. Sugar cookies, right? May I have the recipe?<3^ Those cookies look realllyyy good. Sugar cookies, right? May I have the recipe?<3
    Conversations Between Us <--- MUST READ!!!!
  • smilebig180smilebig180 Seattle, WAPosts: 427Member

ROOKIE

does anyone know how to make a ssaeng cream cake?
    can anyone please give me recipe for it? and can anyone give me a recipe for fondant?????

thanks!!!!

:]
  • xmooglexmoogle SeattlePosts: 454Member
    edited October 2007
  • PrincessBoaPrincessBoa ? Honey-chan <33 ? In Tamaki&#39;s heart :)Posts: 2,142Member
    ^^I absolutely love fondant! I've been getting addicted to cake making and the jewel molds lately haha. Uhm Well it depends if you want to make the TRADITIONAL FONDANT* No flavor at all, or the MARSHMELLOW fondant *Tastes good*.

Traditional.

INGREDIENTS
    1 (.25 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
    1/4 cup cold water
    1/2 cup glucose syrup
    1 tablespoon glycerin
    2 tablespoons shortening
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    8 cups sifted confectioners' sugar

DIRECTIONS
    Combine gelatin and cold water; let stand until thick. Place gelatin mixture in top of double boiler and heat until dissolved.
    Add glucose and glycerin, mix well. Stir in shortening and just before completely melted, remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Mixture should cool until lukewarm.
    Place 4 cups confectioners' sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and using a wooden spoon, stir in the lukewarm gelatin mixture. Mix in sugar and add more a little at a time, until stickiness disappears. Knead in remaining sugar. Knead until the fondant is smooth, pliable and does not stick to your hands. If fondant is too soft, add more sugar; if too stiff, add water (a drop at a time). Use fondant immediately or store in airtight container in fridge. When ready to use, bring to room temperature and knead again until soft.

Marshmallow fondant:

http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm <- Very good recipe w/ pictures too.

credit: allrecipes.com + whatscookingameria.net

-PrincessBoa
    fanfic:
    Behind The Fake Scintillating Eyes

blog: <a href="http://princessboa.blogspot.com" target="_blank">http://princessboa.blogspot.com</a> (beauty blog : D )
  • GullwingsGullwings Hurricane Venus Germany|HamburgPosts: 5,851Friend of Soompi

IDOL

MUFFINS image

Fate | Sangho High | Unexpected Love                                            

wife made this (fresh, wild-caught shrimp)
  • iishjooiishjoo Posts: 72Member

TRAINEE

QUOTE(KenG69 @ Oct 13 2007, 12:43 PM) »

uhh... *drools* starting to crave some stirfry...
  • STEPHOO--STEPHOO-- B.A.P SydneyPosts: 4,579Friend of Soompi
    QUOTE(KenG69 @ Oct 13 2007, 12:43 PM) »
    wife made this (fresh, wild-caught shrimp)
    http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t46/ata...od/DSCF1691.jpg

oh sheeshh, i'm hungryyy. *drools.
    that looks really good
  • ElanoraElanora MontrealPosts: 97Member
    Wahh.. everything here looks so much nicer than what I make XD;;;

And it makes me so hungry too loll~

Well I made a white brownie cake ^^ The picture isn't that great ><;;;~ and it makes it look very weird XD; but it's really good in fact =3

Delices et Caprices.
  • xSuperrAnnxxSuperrAnnx TEXAS <3Posts: 1,285Member
    edited October 2007
    ahhh...this thread is making me hungry. lol

i wouldn't mind having some of that right now.

Elanora, can i ask how you made that?
  • JustalilodreamerJustalilodreamer no tax for mePosts: 6,914Member

IDOL

^ im curious too
    never heard of a white brownie cake image sounds interesting/good
    edited October 2007
    Kosher chicken, seasoned with sea salt, cracked white pepper (from Hainan Island, China), then sauteed in olive oil with fresh pine nuts and fresh basil

• cutegitcutegit KISS ME~ U-KISS FTW! <3 Posts: 1,752Member

music d/l links --> SM Town Family~*~Jay Chou & Various CPop~*~JYP & YG~*~Shinhwa & Various KPop
    credits to suyeonie@7kisses for avatar<3
    JAY CHOU. XIAO ZHU. NQMM. VANNESS WU. NICKY LEE. KENJI WU. MACHI. SHE. WILBER PAN.2AM. JAEBUM. TVXQ. SHINHWA. SUJU. SHINEE. BIG BANG. YOUNHA. 8EIGHT. ERU. HYORI. SE7EN. SNSD.U-KISS.T-ARA. KARA. 4MINUTE. AFTER SCHOOL.

homemade marinara sauce - 2 cans of real san marzano plum tomatoes, a bit of olive oil, sea salt, cracked pepper, pan roasted garlic and a pinch of sugar, simmered for about 1 hr.