Name: Lee Jin Wook
Hangul: 이진욱 - Hanja: 李阵郁
Birthdate: September 16, 1981
Birthpalce: Cheongju, Chungcheongbuk-do
Star Sign: Virgo
Blood Type: A
Height: 185 cm (official profile) / 182 cm (as he said himself)
Weight: 71 kg
Family: Parents and three older sisters
Education: Cheongju University (Environment Department)
Talent Agency: Will Entertainement (2014 - present) | HB Entertainment (2004 - 2014)
Radio, Variety and Other Shows
- Boom's Young Street (SBS / 2013) | episode 13/09/13 | Full
- Strong Heart (SBS / 2012) | episode 125-126
- Star Date (KBS / 2011) | Full
- Family Outing (KBS / 2008) | episode 11-12
- Ep 11 Eng Sub (Cr: Kshow Love) | Full
- Ep 12 Eng Sub (Cr: Kengsub) | Full
Happy Together (KBS /2008)
My Style Road (OnStyle / 2008)
- I ♥ Broadway (OCN / 2007)
- Trailer | Video
- Oct 26 - Vol 1: Dream in Broadway | Video
- Nov 02 - Vol 2: Musical in Broadway | Video
- Nov 09 - Vol 3: Korean in Broadway | Video
- Nov 16 - Vol 4: Hot Place in Broadway | Video
- Nov 23 - Vol 5: Style in Broadway | Video
2014 (All photos)
- May - Cine 21
- May - Elle Korea
- Apr - Geek Korea (Cover)
- Mar - GQ Korea
- Jan - Vogue Korea
2013 (All photos)
2012 (All photos)
- Dec - Elle Korea 'Share Happiness'
- Dec - Arena Homme+, GQ, Geek, Grazia, Men's Health (AVEDA's advertisments)
- Dec - FtoF Japan
- Dec - Hanryu Senpuu Japan
- Dec - Asisute Japan
- Nov - Star Gravure Japan (with Park Hyung Sik)
- Nov - URBÄNLIKE
- Oct - Marie Claire Korea
- Oct - W Korea
- Oct - L’Officiel Hommes Korea
- Sep - COOL China
- Sep - 1st Look Korea Vol. 53
- Aug - 1st Look Korea Vol. 51
- Aug - 1st Look Korea Vol. 50
- Jul - Marie Claire Korea
- Jul - Geek Korea (Cover) | Video
- Jun - W Korea
- Jun - Grazia Korea
- Jun - 1st Look Korea Vol. 47
- Apr - Marie Claire Korea (with Jo Yoon Hee)
- Apr - Dazed & Confused Korea 'Rene Friends'
- Apr - 1st Look Korea Vol. 41 'Time Slip Mr. Lee' (Cover)
- Mar - Allure Korea
- Mar - Cosmo Men Korea 'Wanna Be Spring'
- Feb - Esquire Korea (with Lee Dong Wook)
2011 (All photos)
- Nov - Harper's Bazaar Korea
- Oct - Arena Homme+ Korea | Making Film
- Sep - Singles Korea (with Kim Ji Suk)
- Aug - Harper's Bazaar Korea (with Jung Yoo Mi)
- Aug - Instyle Korea
- Jul - 1st Look Korea (with Jung Yoo Mi)
- Jun - L’Officiel Hommes Korea
- Jun - W Korea
2009 (All photos)
- Audi Magazine Winter 2011
- Dec - Sure's Men (with HB colleagues)
- Nov - Singles Korea (with Lee Dong Wook)
- Oct - Elle Korea
- Sep - Cosmopolitan Korea
- Aug - Instyle Korea (in Dynamic Duo's Gaeko's wedding pictorial)
- May - High Cut Korea
2008 (All photos)
- May - Nylon Korea (with Lee Shi Young) | Making Film
- May - Arena Homme + Korea
- Apr - Men's Health (cover)
2007 (All photos)
- Dec - Nylon Korea | Making Film
- Aug - Elle Girl Korea
- Apr - Singles Korea (cover)
- Sep - Esquire Korea
- Jul - Cho Sung Ah
- Apr - Harper's Bazaar Korea
- Jul 9-11, 2013: Special mentor @ 'China TOTO's Workroom' | Photos P67, 68, 69, 70
- May 26, 2013: 'New Race Seoul 2013' marathon | Video | Photos
- May 25, 2013: 'DESCENTE Trail Race' marathon | Video 1, 2 | Photos
- Oct 28, 2012: 'NIKE We Run for Seoul 10K' marathon | Video 1, 2
- Apr, 2012: 'NIKE Women's Race Seoul 7K' marathon | Video 1, 2
- Oct 23, 2011: 'NIKE We Run for Seoul 10K' marathon
- Apr 27, 2009: Aveda’s Walk for Water walkathon with the slogan “Clean Water: it only takes baby steps”
- Nov 26, 2007: Andre Kim's Fashion Show (with Choi Ji Woo)
- Jul 2007 - Jul 08: Publicity envoy for the anti-corruption 'Clean Wave' Campaign (with singer Younha) | Video
Awards and Nominations
- 2013 APAN Star Awards: Excellence Award for Nine: Nine Times Time Travel (Nominated)
- 2013 Korea Drama Awards: Grand Prize (Daesang) for Nine: Nine Times Time Travel (Nominated)
- 2013 Korea Drama Awards: Best Couple Award with Jo Yoon Hee for Nine: Nine Times Time Travel (Nominated)
- 2013 Mnet 20’s Choice Awards: Drama Star Award for Nine: Nine Times Time Travel (Won) | Videos: Blue Carpet, Award Acceptance
- 2008 SBS Drama Awards: Excellence Award for Glass Castle (Nominated)
- 2006 SBS Drama Awards: Newcomer Award for Smile Again and Alone in Love (Won)
- He is the last-born and has three sisters.
- When he was
small, his parents told him he had so many different facial expressions.
And now he is a grown-up, he can see it’s beneficial to be able to
display diverse expressions.
- He was studying Environmental Engineering at Cheongju University when he decided to become an actor.
- He served his two-year mandatory military service from May 6, 2009 to
March 7, 2011 at the Defense Media Agency of the Ministry of National
- His best friends are Kim Ji Suk and Lee Dong Wook.
Besides, he is also close to Lee Dong Gun, Lee Jun Ki, Kim Jae Won,
Boom, Andy, Yang Se Hyung, Dynamic Duo since the army time.
- The friendship between Kim Ji Suk and him has lasted for more than 10
years (since about 2002). They lived together, travelled to Hongkong,
Thailand… and did many things together. In their trip to Thailand, they
had an experience in the police station because they were topless while
- He grew close to Lee Dong Wook when they were
in the army. Their friends call them Wook brothers. With the hope that
Lee Jin Wook would continue to act till 60 or 70 years old, LDW gave JW
the nickname ‘Lee Jin Sam’. Since JW was worried and cared about DW as
well, he named his friend ‘Lee Dong Chun’. However, due to their quite
similar names, LJW once jokingly said that LDW should rename in order
for people not to mislead between them any more.
- Lee Jin Wook
has attended several public events with Kim Ji Suk (Audi, Aveda events…)
and Lee Dong Wook (W, Gucci events …). He also appeared in magazines
with KJS (Singles September 2012) and LDW (Singles November 2011 and
Esquire February 2012). Whereas LJW and LDW were the 2 models of SERIES
in 2011, LJW and KJS played as male leads in I Need Romance 2012. LJW
and KJS also appeared in Strong Heart to support LDW’s MC debut in 2012.
- LJW shows that he’s such a loyal friend since he attended birthday –
fan meeting of many friends such as Lee Dong Wook, Kim Ji Suk, Lee Jun
Ki, Kim Jae Won or concert of Shinhwa (Andy).
- He has unique ears which can move when he’s angry or upset.
- He tried smoking once but he didn’t enjoy it, so that’s why he doesn’t smoke.
- He has a low alcohol tolerance and scarcely drinks. LDW told that when
they hung out together, they couldn’t drink alcohol because of LJW so
they often had coffee instead.
- He is allergic to crustaceans.
- He enjoys cooking in real life. His forte dishes are curry and kimchi jjigae.
- His favorite singer is Britain singer, Roo Panes. They met once at a Burberry event in Seoul, 2013.
- Korean actresses he would like to cooperate with are Ha Ji Won, Son Ye Jin and Han Hyo Joo.
- Chinese actors and actresses he would like to cooperate with are Tony Leung, Tang Wei and Liu Shi Shi.
- Sometimes, he visits the Fan Café and leaves some messages there.
Though he just says hello and logs out, being connected with fans like
this makes him rejoice.
- He was one of very few guesses who could drive MC Yoo Jae Suk nuts when he appeared in Family Outing in 2008.
- He is a fan of Chinese philosophy and literature. He admires
Confucius, a Chinese teacher, editor, politician, and philosopher of the
Spring and Autumn period of Chinese history and Lu Xun, a leading
figure of modern Chinese literature.
- He really loves
traveling and has traveled to many places such as Hongkong, Thailand,
China, Czech… But US may be the place he has visited the most (more than
- He has an unconditionally passionate love for kids. He will hug, hold, pamper and play with them if he sees them.
- He is a truly romantic guy that loves human and nature. He often
writes letters to his friends (and ???). He even wants to make a cherry
blossom way for the one he loves…
- When he looks at a woman,
he only picks the good points on her. So if her eyes are pretty, he will
say “Her eyes are really pretty ~~!” or “That woman’s fingers are
- After meeting on the set of ‘Air City’ in 2007, he began dating actress Choi Ji Woo. The couple broke up in 2011.
- In his fan meeting in 2013, he chose Lee Yeon Hee as his ideal type.
Later, he also chose Suzy as his ideal type (LYH wasn’t nominated) in a
- 2008 Olympic silver medalist in badminton Lee
Kyung Won, Sistar’s Hyorin, actresses Nam Bora and Lee Yeon Doo admitted
having a crush on him. Among them Lee Kyung Won and Hyorin had
opportunities to meet him in person and even received hugs from him.
- He sometimes loses his temper and gets uselessly excessively mad while
witnessing wrong actions such as smoking cigarettes at the top of
mountain or driving carelessly…
- He’s an athletic man who often goes jogging around Hankang and takes part in marathon events every year.
- He’s quite adventurous and courageous. He likes running along the
narrow mountain path. He also did dangerous scenes in Nine without the
- He is really bad at doing impersonation.
- When he appeared in some CFs before debut, people thought he’s a foreigner.
- He’s a great kisser. He was chosen as one of 5 best kissers in TV dramas by High Cut magazine in 2013.
- He has the ability to nurture the desire to consume of people around
him. He explained he read a book and thought that he wouldn’t live much,
but living while being happy was pretty important. So if his friends
want to buy something, rather than worrying, he hopes them can enjoy the
happiness this thing can give them. Because, as time passes by, you
will see that there will be a lot of things you didn’t enjoy because of
unnecessary worries. However, he doesn’t make you spend more that what
you have, only the income that you have gained.
- In 2011,
after discharge from military, LJW came back to small screen in drama
‘Spy Meong Wol’ as an elite officer in the North Korean army, Choi Ryu.
Nevertheless, ’Spy Myeong Wol’ had trouble when the main actress left
the production mid way and the drama ended up in harsh criticism from
public. "From an actor’s viewpoint, this was the project I wanted to
forget the most. In spite of that, right now I reckon that by dint of
such experience, I can understand how important the harmony and
cooperation among actors and staffs are. Thanks to that I could fulfill
my role in NINE completely. I was so happy to meet great crew of NINE
and really want to meet staffs like them in my later projects", said LJW.
- After playing stereotyping roles, he lay in hiding. And he met himself
in the character Yoon Suk Hyun of ‘I Need Romance 2012’. Each time Suk
Hyun had problems, he sneaked in his room and didn’t show up. The same
to LJW. At that time, he had the feeling that the whole world confined him. Yet, when Suk Hyun stepped out of this room, LJW also grew up
without any notification. He learnt too much from that character who
truly was a friend he should pay gratitude.
- He received the
script of Nine in US and found that it’s was an excellent script with
touching and moving story. He told his agency to accept this by all
means and met up the Nine's team only three days after he came back
- He said Park Seon Woo and his personality shared some
unusual/odd traits. And like Seon Woo, he will always think first of
how he can let the person he loves finds her happiness.
he first met Jo Yoon Hee, she didn’t even look at him that made him
quite sad. JYH said that it’s because he looked scruffy with long hair
and moustache. But the next time they met up he got clean-cut and shaven
and became really good-looking.
- There weren't much NGs
while filming kiss scenes in Nine, except for the first one. Lee Jin
Wook and Jo Yoon Hee had to do kiss scene on the first day of filming
before they became close to each other. They had a lot of troubles with
this scene and even needed a male staff to guild LJW. Yet it turned out
to be a really long kiss since the director just let them go on, without
giving the cut sign.
- The most unforgettable kiss scene giving him deep impression in Nine is the one in the rain at the playground.
- In Nine’s wrap-up party, LJW & JYH wore 2 pairs of Nike shoes
which are same in style, only different in size and color. To the
question about dating scandal Lee Jin Wook wittily replied: "My
target is to make viewers believe that we are a real couple. So
receiving the question whether we date in real life or not is our
success, isn't it?". About the shoes, he said "I was surprised,
too. When I just came to the party, I saw a pair of sports shoes similar
to mine on the shoe shelf. I bought this one because it's a new model
with nice design and today is the first time I wear it. Yoon Hee also
said the same thing to me".
- In an interview after Nine,
the reporter said many people wished JYH and LJW would become a real
couple like Yoo In Na and Ji Hyun Woo. He said that they had many
happiness cooperating with each other. If he has a relationship in the
future, he would like to keep it silent.
- When asked to
choose between two female leads of I Need Romance & Nine, he said Jo
Yoon Hee is bubbly and friendly while Jung Yoo Mi is shy but cute. So
his ideal type may be a combination of these two.
- When asked
if he was more like Yoon Seok Hoon or Park Seon Woo, though both have
strong qualities that he shares with, the character that he can possibly
associate better with is possibly YSH since PSW is a type that is
unlikely to find in reality.
- Many co-stars praised him for
his friendly, considerate and warming personalities. For instance, Kim
Ga Young, his co-star in Spy Myung Wol said that “Jin Wook oppa has a
way of making everybody feel so great about themselves. He always
smiled, shared so many great stories, and always took care of us so
well!”. Also, Seo Woo Jin (Nine) claimed that JW's a really good
friend who often took care of other people on the set. They had to film
7-8 hours for a run and chase scene during cold weather with their legs
in pain. But JW not only tried his best to fulfil this scene but also
cared about Seo Woo Jin like giving WJ the heater…
- If he has a chance to go back the past, he will use it to return to his childhood.
- If he has a chance to meet his future self of 20 years later, he will
just ask if he (the future) is happy. He would prefer not to know about
the rest since if he knows, the future will change.
- In a press conference for his movie 'Miss Granny', his co-star Kim Hyun Suk said that "If we (the movie) record 5 million viewers, I will marry Lee Jin Wook no matter he wants it or not". She made everyone burst into laughter by adding that she is serious. It ended up that movie even attracted more than 8.6 M and she said she's sorry for not being able to make it happen.
- On May 19, 2014, Sports Seoul broke the news that he is currently dating actress Gong Hyo Jin, which their agencies confirmed.
Cr: LJW DC | Asianwiki | Dramawiki