Using Papaya Soap to Lighten Your Skin

Guest XianXian

Guest XianXian

Today I went to a Filipino store near where I live and bought two bars of papaya soap -- one bar's green papaya soap and the other's just regular orange papaya soap I guess. I've just used the green bar today when I showered and I like it a lot. The fragrance is wonderful. I heard that papaya soap is very popular in countries like the Philipines because of its effectiveness in lightening the skin naturally. There are also other benefits other than skin lightening, such as giving you soft and smooth skin.

So, I was wondering if anyone else has used papaya soap before and if they got any results? How long will it usually take to see results? And, does anyone know what the difference between green papaya soap and regular orange papaya soap is? I didn't know, so I just bought both kinds. :blush:

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Demllequ

wow~ papaya actaully works? woot~~~ i'm going out to the shops and going to search for it hahahaha, but whats with the green and orange?

Guest XianXian

wow~ papaya actaully works? woot~~~ i'm going out to the shops and going to search for it hahahaha, but whats with the green and orange?

Yeah, you'll most likely find it in Filipino-owned stores. And I don't know why there's green and orange. I think they're both as effective though. I remember faintly about reading an online article that said that green papaya soap is a more recent product? I hope someone can tell me the difference as well.

Guest -TiFFaNy-

Well I don't know the difference between green and orange, but I used the orange one. I started using it last year, and after I ran out of the soap, I stopped using it and my skin went back to my normal colour. To maintain a lighter skin you have to keep using the soap everyday. I just used it today and I noticed my skin went back to a lighter tone. :) It smells great and works great and is much better and healthier than those other chemical whitening products because papaya is natural. ^^

Guest seaweed333

does the one from the body shop work?

coz i dont know any filipino shops

i think the green & the orange are different types of papaya

im not sure though

Love papaya soap. It takes I believe 4-6 weeks to see an effective difference.

Green papaya is unripe while the orange one is. I've heard the green papaya is the more effective one, but I've never tried the orange one to compare.

well when i went on vacation in PI like two years ago--the green papaya was being advertised all over the place..according to the commercial, it works even better than the ripe orange papaya soap coz i guess it has more nutrients blah blah--wasn't really paying attention.

but yeah my sis use it coz she had the brown/tanned skin..i think it helps exfoliate dead skin--i think it helped maintain her color--well it didn't really make her skin turn white dramatically but it gave her more radiant looking skin...

Guest ITS VIVIAN! =D

coz i dont know any filipino shops

i think the green & the orange are different types of papaya

im not sure though

yeah same question...does the one from the body shop work? because i saw it thereee

if i sell it on the selling thread--would guys be interested if i sell it ard $5-6 shipped..i know the bar cost $2-4 (im not sure)..n shipping would be abt $1-$2..since i live kinda close to filipino stores ard my area..

if i was in PI-it would be so cheap since they r selling it for like less that $1 but that's not the point hehehe

i know ebay sells it for $3+$5 shipping..

and a filipino online store selling it fro 3 bars for $16.99 (located in Pi-it will take abt 1 month though since i ordered from that website before)..and some filipino online stores are selling it for $6 without shipping..

Guest cindel25

^ I would buy if you have the Brand Kissa which I heard is most effective but whatever you have is cool.

Guest chubzzy

it's the first time i heard of papaya soap being able to lighten ur skin! hahaha.. maybe i should try it out.. but not sure if they sell any in australia

Guest takz

oh yeah. they really work... *raises hand for using diffrent kinds of papaya soap*

here in philippines, papaya is the #1 whitening agent... orange and green papaya are both good. but still it depends on what company manufactured it.

papaya soaps and lotions all over the philippines are cheap. you can actually buy a huge size of papaya soap for less than a dollar...

btw, the best brand for me is LIKAS PAPAYA. that's the Philippines' #1 but i dun think its available outside the country... >_<"

if i sell it on the selling thread--would guys be interested if i sell it ard $5-6 shipped..i know the bar cost $2-4 (im not sure)..n shipping would be abt $1-$2..since i live kinda close to filipino stores ard my area..

if i was in PI-it would be so cheap since they r selling it for like less that $1 but that's not the point hehehe

i know ebay sells it for $3+$5 shipping..

and a filipino online store selling it fro 3 bars for $16.99 (located in Pi-it will take abt 1 month though since i ordered from that website before)..and some filipino online stores are selling it for $6 without shipping..

Which brand would you sell? Because I've heard good things about ^ and Silka. I also really like Biolink Green Papaya line.

Guest XianXian

Yeah, I just found out that the green one (the unripe papaya) is supposed to be more effective in skin whitening (50% to even 100% more effective?!).

By the way, I've only used the soap twice now but it seems to be doing a good job on my skin. I've noticed that it works against blemishes too...I've got a few pimples on my back and they're going away. I don't know if papaya soap is also effective against Keratosis Pilaris, but it seems like those little bumps on my arms are getting smoother. :D

Well I don't know the difference between green and orange, but I used the orange one. I started using it last year, and after I ran out of the soap, I stopped using it and my skin went back to my normal colour. To maintain a lighter skin you have to keep using the soap everyday. I just used it today and I noticed my skin went back to a lighter tone. :) It smells great and works great and is much better and healthier than those other chemical whitening products because papaya is natural. ^^

Oh, so you have to use it continuously? :o The thing is, I'm not sure how natural all the ingredients in that bar of soap really are...the ingredients aren't even listed on the package. I mean, I know that the main ingredient is papaya of course, but there has to be other cleaning chemicals in there, no? I wonder what they are specifically. But I'm hoping that the ingredients are mostly natural and that besides papain, there are no skin bleaching chemicals in there.

I'm not sure about the one at the body shop, but I'm thinking it would be aiming for similar skin whitening results since it's still papaya.

Love papaya soap. It takes I believe 4-6 weeks to see an effective difference.

Green papaya is unripe while the orange one is. I've heard the green papaya is the more effective one, but I've never tried the orange one to compare.

So about one month's time? Not bad. :lol:

I started on the green one, haven't tried the orange one. But now I kinda regret buying the orange one as well, since the green one's supposed to be more effective. Oh well. :sweatingbullets:

Oh, right. The brand I'm using right now is Silka.

Guest XianXian

Im from the philippines and I use LIKAS papaya..the orange one :) its really really effective! it gives you smooth and white skin ^-^

Darn...there were no other brands at the shop besides Silka. :lol: But I think Silka's also pretty good, right?

oh yeah. they really work... *raises hand for using diffrent kinds of papaya soap*

here in philippines, papaya is the #1 whitening agent... orange and green papaya are both good. but still it depends on what company manufactured it.

papaya soaps and lotions all over the philippines are cheap. you can actually buy a huge size of papaya soap for less than a dollar...

btw, the best brand for me is LIKAS PAPAYA. that's the Philippines' #1 but i dun think its available outside the country... >_<"

hehehe don't worry they got likas papaya soaps ard the filipino communities...

ive used the biolink one since they have green papaya--but im so lazy to use it..

well when i go to the filipino store--ill see what i can find...

so i guess the majority wants likas or silka?biolink?

hey girl

could you capture papaya soap (including its boxes) for me? I dont know there is any shops in Thailand, but since I read all of details, I'm in it .. I would like to buy it then. :)

Thank you in advanced

Guest MUXU

cool..i wanna see

i use to use lamb milk soap bar to wash my face..it's so nice..it whitens..or brigthens the skin

Archived