Madeleine 마들렌 (2002/3)

Starring: Jo In-Seong, Shin Min-Ah, Park Jeong-A

Director: Park Gwang-Chun

Genre: Romance, Drama

Runtime: 118mins

Production: Free Cinema, Sidus HQ

Distribution: Cinema Service

Language: Korean

Kang Ji-suk (Jo In Seong) is an avid student of Korean & Korean Literature who regards his books as best friends and mostly stays either at home or in the library. One day he stumbles into his old class mate Lee Hee-jin (Shin Min Ah) whom he has not seen for ages. The charming Hee-jin has turned into young woman of captivating beauty and also already managed to make her life-time wish of becoming a hair stylist come true.

After crossing roads one more time, Hee-jin has a startling idea suggesting that the two of them should try and find out what the life of a couple is like for the period of one month. As a result Ji-suk and Hee-jin enjoy a wonderfully sweet time looking just like two real lovers …

madeleine.jpg

madeleinejissma.jpg

SOURCE : 마들렌

마들렌

마들렌

마들렌

마들렌

마들렌

마들렌

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sonickim

oh wow..what a coincidence...

i was just thinkin late yesterday about this movie and wondered if this is a thread here in soompi...

hahaha..it just poped up screen upon lurkin today!!!

InSung is in it,definetely one of my fave!!!

enjoy!!!

madeline2.jpg

madeline1.jpg

Guest sweet_treats1812

i think this was the first movie of jo in sung's that i saw...didnt realize how much of a hottie he really is before i saw this :blush: and this was where i got introduced to shin min ah too~ i really really thought she looked like jeon ji hyun here..but anyways~ this was a sweet movie...it had a bit of a twist towards the end but i liked how everything played out...

Guest melpbecky2

I read the sysnopsis and comments about this movie from various sites and I think it is very interesting.

I haven't had a chance to see it yet but I found some segments of it from youtube (keyword: Jo in sung)

I think Shin Min An is so cute and adorable in this movie.

Actually I have been trying to find a clubbox with this movie but there seems to be any

Guest sunshine4ever

oh, I love this movie...^^ Jo In Sung and Shin Mina have like the greatest chemistry in this movie...!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest jhing

:lol: I didn't know about this thread so I started my own thread again. :lol:

Anyways, I want to see this movie coz judging from the pics above, JIS and SMA look darn good together. :D

I just wanted to share this review also that I got off the net. Great review if I may add.

--------

Year: 2003

Genre: Drama/Romance/Comedy

Format: DVD

Running Time: 1H59

Distributor: Cinema Service

Date reviewed: 04/06/03

Producer: Free Cinema

Director: Park Gwang-Chun

Cast: Jo In-Seong, Shin Min-Ah

Story: Ji-Suk (Jo In-Seong) and Hee-Jin (Shin Min-Ah) were junior high school classmates. By chance, the two happen to meet again several years later when Ji-Suk goes to cut his hair, where Hee-Jin is a senior hair designer. Their paths cross by chance a few more times and the two grow closer. Finally, Hee-jin suggests a ‘one month romance.’ “Neither one of us can say ‘Let’s break up’ before the month is up! After a month, we part ways grandly!” The two have nothing in common, but when they are together, everything is so right. Things take a turn for the worse when an unexpected complication and old friends come into their lives. This is the story of Hee-Jin and Ji-Suk’s romance through happy and tragic moments.

Review: Coming off of a sour relationship a few months ago, I came to lose hope regarding any form of romantic relationships in my life. I was in no mood to watch any stinking drama about love and people falling into each other. But I’m glad I gave this movie a chance. If anything, this movie only gives me hope. I hold this movie very dear to my heart, and I hope many of you will give Madeleine a try.

Madeleine is a movie that just makes the audience happy. Most of these types of movies are all very similar. You know the formula. Boy meets girl, guy does something stupid and needs to make up for it, and eventually gets the girl. I’d have to say this movie is on a more mature scale, but unlike the other drama for twenty-somethings: My Beautiful Days (aka 24), this one gets all the points right. If I had to compare this movie to another, it would have to be the one and only “My Sassy Girl.” Granted, it’s not a knock-off of that movie, the way the movie makes you feel about it’s characters is similar. If you liked Jeon Ji Hyun in My Sassy Girl, you will love Shin-Min Ah in Madeleine. She’s got that carefree and lovable attitude that is just missing from most girls nowadays. From the way that she smiles, or just plays around, I can’t help but admire her. From the get-go, I could tell that her character would be a strong and hopeful person that I would definitely be caring for as the movie progressed, and I was right. Shin-Min Ah knows how to act, and she shows it.

I love this movie so much, I’ve watched it twice, and have been listening to the soundtrack constantly and thinking about Madeleine more than I should be in a single day. This is just one of those movies that you’ll find yourself thinking about for several days after you’ve watched it. Kind of like how your first kiss is. You finally get that first kiss, and you’re thinking about it for several days after. It’s a nice and refreshing feeling, and hell, this movie is definitely refreshing in it’s own right. This movie is definitely not a sleeper once you get into it. Sure it’s a drama and a romance, but that doesn’t mean that Madeleine is a movie for the ladies. It’s got it all, sexy girls (or in this case, a single sexy cute girl), smart humor, a great soundtrack, and just plain real emotion. What makes this movie even more appealing is just little tidbits here and there that just put a smile on your face. The two main leads have such good chemistry together on screen that it makes the comedy and tender parts wholly enjoyable. Imagine the two sitting right next to each other, conversing only by text messages sent to each other’s phones as the text bubble pops up by their head. I thought it was a rather cute and unique thing to see this happen. Another part that comes to mind is where Hee-Jin, and Ji-Suk are riding bikes in the pouring rain and Hee-Jin falls down. What happens is just a pleasure to see as they start frolicking on the ground with each other in what seems like loads of fun.

On a side note, it’s said that the two main leads wanted to work with each other for so long, that they promised that when they do, they’d make a great movie together. I absolutely agree that they’ve made a grand movie.

I’d also like to comment a little on the movie’s soundtrack. I love it. Like I said, I’ve been listening to it non-stop for the past 2 days. The music just fits perfectly with this movie. Most of it is some nice sounding instrumental music, but the vocal tracks are where all the goodies are at. The songs I’m talking about are sort of an alternative/rock type of thing, Korean style of course. The lead singer is a girl in the movie (who is also an important character in the movie), but apparently the band is actually a real band. Again, I’m not sure who they really are. All I can say is, the lead male singer and guitarist looks an awful lot like Austin Powers…only Korean. I’ve provided a link to two of the songs from this movie. Courtesy of yours truly. I don’t know what it is about these songs that make them so damn good to me. But maybe it’s just the mix of the movie and the music that make it so appealing.

MP3 Download: Madeleine 7.mp3

MP3 Download: Madeleine 12.mp3

Cinematography is also excellent in this movie as it uses a camera with a panoramic lens for an excellent 2.35:1 aspect ratio to capture the greatest quality. Visually, this movie looks stunning! Even though the whole movie looks great, there are moments when cinematography is just plain beautiful. I adore the character profile segments. You know, those scenes where it’s just one character standing there thinking to themselves? I always look out for those, and this ones got them too. See the pictures to see what I’m talking about.

Storywise, this movie comes out on top of most Korean melodramatic comedy movies. It’s sweet and romantic how the two decide to go out with each other for one month and part ways. The only thing that complicated things for Ji-Suk is that he didn’t know that he’d really be in love with Hee-Jin after that month was up. If you’re wondering how the music aspect fits into this movie, here it is. It seems that Ji-Suk’s first kiss and first love was from a girl he used to know in 9th grade. Her name is Sung-Hae and guess what? She’s back in town and she’s the lead singer for a rock band! To avoid any spoilers, I’ll leave it at that. But anyway, it’s how Hee-Jin and Ji-Suk overcome difficulties and understand each other, that ultimately they learn to find that they love each other.

“I learned from her that love is to embrace the sadness hidden behind the smile.”- Ji Suk. In the end, the main theme of this movie is to be patient, and love the person for who they are no matter what they do. Love the person behind the smile. It takes more to forgive and love than to throw away what could have been.

In conclusion, the movie takes a great soundtrack and melds it together with an equally fantastic and involving story that needs to be seen to fully do it justice. If you’re looking for an enjoyable romantic movie with some rather sweet moments that will tickle your funny bone, you may just want to give Madeleine a try. Here's to all of us finding our better half, whether we’ve found them yet or not.

Guest jhing

Yes, she was in A Love To Kill.

I think she was very pretty in that drama. :D

JIS looks handsome in that poster. :D Thanks!

Anyways, I want to see this movie coz judging from the pics above, JIS and SMA look darn good together.

I just wanted to share this review also that I got off the net. Great review if I may add.

I have been wanting to see this movie too since i read abt the great chemistry between these 2 + those old rumors of them being a couple haha . n if i remember right , they both were in a series of G.O.D. MVs together n i remember i like watching them in those MVs .

thx for posting the review !

Guest jhing

OMG, they were in a couple of GOD's MVs? Thanks syah4brit! I'll go look for those clips on youtube. I hope I can find some. hehehe

Guest jhing

OMG! I just saw a GOD MV with these two. OMG!! WOW! They made me giddy to the highest level considering the fact that it was only a 3 minute or so MV. :lol:

No wonder why there were rumours of these two being a real couple. They looked like a REAL couple in that MV! Such chemistry! Phew! hehehe

OMG! Now I'm desperate for any Madeleine copy. :lol:

Guest shred

i loved this movie! it was one of my first few k-movies and remains to be my favorite. very simple plot ... but i thought it was sweet :wub:

10139.jpg

9471.jpg

Guest dianak

aww. I've never heard or seen this movie! But it looks so cute! I'm in love with her since watching Sad Movie and A love to Kill..... She looks different but really cute in here!! I'm gonna go look for thsi movie now!

OMG! I just saw a GOD MV with these two. OMG!! WOW! They made me giddy to the highest level considering the fact that it was only a 3 minute or so MV. :lol:

No wonder why there were rumours of these two being a real couple. They looked like a REAL couple in that MV! Such chemistry! Phew! hehehe

OMG! Now I'm desperate for any Madeleine copy. :lol:

did you manage to find all 3 MVs ?

each MV is sort of a continuation of the previous one .

the last part is really sad :tears:

these 2 are good friends too actually .

but they are hot together !

Guest jhing

syah4brit! Yes, I managed to find all 3 MVs. OMG!! They made me so giddy! The last part was indeed very sad. Maaaan, why is it that almost all great mvs are those super sad ones. hehe

OMG! They looked so good together. hehe

chula - did u watch this on dvd or on the net? I'm so desperate to watch this. Am a huuuuge Minah fan and I'm collecting all her movies/series. hehe

dianak - let me know if you find this movie, ok. :lol:

Guest shred

i think the DVD has been sold out everywhere. i'm not sure if the re-released version is already out of print.

if you girls know clubbox, you can DL it from japaneseguy's :)

Archived