[variety] Geomsaekdaewang 검색대왕 - Sunday Sunday Night Segment

[MBC] MCs: Brian, Kim Yong Man, Jung Hyoung Don, Binwoo, Keoltoo, Chal
Geomsaekdaewang 검색대왕 (aka Search King) is a new Sunday Sunday Night segment (the second segment). I've watched the first 2 episodes, but I'm not too clear what it's about. Maybe someone who knows Korean can offer a better explanation. The gist seems to be that the MCs find interesting/outrageous/unique things to share with those on the show and then they get rated by a panel.

First aired:

Sunday, May 7, 2006

MCs:

브라이언, 김용만, 정형돈, 빈우, 컬투, 찰스

Brian, Kim Yong Man, Jung Hyoung Don, Binwoo, Keoltoo, Chalseu (Please PM if there are any mistakes.)

*Binwoo was not present in Ep. 1

Some pics: - Thanks to sylver

d820060508_23720120.jpg

a420060508_23716809.jpg

e720060508_23718146.jpg

e720060508_23718144.jpg

e720060508_23718745.jpg

200605110045.jpg

8020060503_23665821.jpg

8020060503_23665823.jpg

Some caps: (only Brian :P )

Ep. 1:

brian17cv.jpg

brian25wv.jpg

brian33sj.jpg

Ep. 2:

brian16zv.jpg

brian26xt.jpg

brian30ao.jpg

More Ep. 2 caps of Brian can be found in the official FTTS thread: ^_^

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=420

Available in:

LQ: http://clubbox.co.kr/sylver

LQ & HQ: http://clubbox.co.kr/wackycashew

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest valkyrie

oh thank u for this thread!!!

i was looking and looking... now here it is!

thanks too for the massive number of caps, yes, i saw them ALL at the FTTS thread and i love love love that wink too. :)

i'm so sorry i can't access your clubbox.(yes, i'm one of those)... so i'm keeping fingers (and toes) crossed that there'll be non-cb links.

Guest Mr.Holmes

interesting!!! I saw the link to dl but decided not to dl yet Haha~ but you make me feel I have to go and DL right now ^_^ Thanks for all caps!!

Guest cheka

Wow! Lisa! U started a "Brian" thread. Good for you. Chongmal gomawoyo!!! One more thread for me to hop to! Great place for Brian's caps. This seems more appropriate as it's got nothing to do with his singing career, although I still find it strange to split him from his buddy! :P

By the way, am still downloading the cut of ep 1. Am alternating between ep1 & 2 cos it's either not moving or too slow ...... but am not complaining too much. Slow and steady will get me there one of these days! :crazy:

^ hiya cheka! i looked and no one started this thread, so i thought i would. :rolleyes: yeah... that's the thing about cuts. :mellow: mianhae...

iluxxx: i tried to give a basic description at the top of my first post. ^_^ i think the show can be rough translated to "search king" or "investigation king". so, the point is for the MCs to find interesting/strange things to share on the show. they play a real video of what they found and then they attempt to demonstrate it themselves. :D

Mr.Holmes: the first ep. was a bit freaky in my opinion. (see the pic of that guy imitating hyori... :blink: ) the second ep. was much much better and more enjoyable. :P

jaye: yeah... first ep. was a bit creepy, but there were still some funny parts. out of the 2 ep's, i like the second one more so far. more interesting to watch. they do this body section thing (students using the colours of the clothes on their bodies to display messages/pictures en masse in a stadium) for soccer. it was very cool!! :lol: and yes, brian should be a permanent MC on this show as far as i know. it's one of his MC gigs. the other one is MBC Music Core on Saturdays. =D

valkyrie: awww... i already deleted my LQ's to free up space. otherwise, i wouldn't mind uploading it to a non-CB link... sorry... :( and yes, brian's wink is to die for. i kept watching and rewatching that part... :rolleyes:

i'll try to make some caps of what the other MCs did to give you guys a better idea of what happened in the first two ep's. ^_^

Guest cheka

^ hiya cheka! i looked and no one started this thread, so i thought i would. :rolleyes: yeah... that's the thing about cuts. :mellow: mianhae...

Don't apologise. Am very thankful/grateful that you go to so much trouble/time to download/upload, cut/slice/join on cb & other links just for us as requested ........ you're too kind. Chongmal gomawoyo!!!

Since I haven't the 2 episodes, except for the NamJa Lee HyoRi part, I can't really discuss it in here yet.

Now ep1 is stuck at 99% for the whole day ....... :) Almost there!

Guest kiye

All future Geom Saek Dae Wang episodes

will be avail. @ [nonclubbox] thread!

*uploaded weekly by: dream_on

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=52856

lisa dearest: thanks for starting this thread!! heheheh oh! and i think a rough translation of this show would be "Research King" or "Search King?" the "검색" means like searching for stuff like.. online/books/etc. when you google for something.. heheheh just in case they don't have an english title for it yet ^_____^!! and i can try helping with a quick explanation of what's going on after i watch it!!! hehehe if that'll help at all o_O; [edit] written in later post! hehe

Guest valkyrie

valkyrie: awww... i already deleted my LQ's to free up space. otherwise, i wouldn't mind uploading it to a non-CB link... sorry... :( and yes, brian's wink is to die for. i kept watching and rewatching that part... :rolleyes:

i'll try to make some caps of what the other MCs did to give you guys a better idea of what happened in the first two ep's. ^_^

oh pls don't apologise, i am really so happy u started this thread. :)

and your caps are wonderful~!!

mikaney330, my thanks to your team. they're awesome. :)

Guest kiye

^no problem valkyrie!! aren't they awsome?! :P

oh, and i finally watched the first ep! [and i gotta say.. brian is just.... :wub: ] anyhow!!

so the point of the is the MC's all have to "research" for a clip *online.* then have to show the clip, and then perform something related to it. then the guest panel of judges rate the clip/performance, and there is a certain number that is pass/fail. the first episode, 3+ was a pass. if you don't, then you get punished hehehehe

and that's the the whole point of the show! just find the weirdest/coolest/out of this world clip online, and see who gets the most points! i watched a couple minutes of ep. 2, and they changed the MC's a little. i don't know if they are permanent, or if the MC's change [the ones in the matching outfits] but anyhow, hope that helps!

and after watching it, i think "research king" would fit the show (if you wanted an english name for it.) it just seems "geomsaekdaewang" is so confusing :wacko: hahahahah but that's just a little suggestion for the name.. puhehe anyhow, yay! another show with brian. the clips they found were... some were cool and some were just plain weird!!! omg.. did anyone see the farting man? but all of them were definitely not things you'd see everyday.

EW. so gross. i didn't know what to say! but that clip ended getting the highest number of points i think hahahahahah sooooo... ew. i mean, is that possible?!?!?!!? can someone really control when they fart??? ahha

Guest Licky27

That's interesting! Imitating people's stuff on the show XD Brian is always funny so I'll give it a try. I'm really addicted to korean shows nowadays =D

I wonder how Brian has all that time~ Saturday for Music Core (I wonder when FTTS performs in Music Core, if he says something or yeah XD lol).

Anyway~ I will download it ^^ <3;

THanks for sharing and posting a new variety program <3

Fern~

^ you're most welcome. ^0^

mika: yeah... that was rather gross/disturbing... i was wincing while watching that... :blink: thanks for the information and confirmation. :D really appreciate it. i know it's rather cumbersome to have the korean title, but i can't change the thread topic once i start it. in any case, i guess people will slowly find out more about this show. ^_^

cheka: if it's stuck at 99%, pause the file, wait a little bit, and then start it up again. or pause it, delete it, and queue it up again to download. i've found that helps when trying to get a file to finish the last %. :lol:

okee, as promised here are some more caps... :P

first up... Ep. 1: :)

head-dropping costume:

gsdw1a8og.jpg

gsdw1b6tp.jpg

hyori dance:

gsdw2a6ad.jpg

gsdw2b6hp.jpg

soccer CF parody:

gsdw3a3kr.jpg

gsdw3b4et.jpg

flexible stretching:

gsdw4a7um.jpg

gsdw4b7du.jpg

farting tricks:

gsdw5a5tf.jpg

gsdw5b4wu.jpg

Guest valkyrie

mikaney330, thanks for the description of the show, now i know why they show those strange and weird clips... eww... and what the panel was judging.

while some of them were hilarious, like the head-dropping act (thanks dreamweaver for the caps), the male hyori, and that soccer CF parody, others were plain weird, eg, yes yes the farting tricks... ewwww

i have to say that korean entertainment is one of a kind!! :lol:

^ Its freaky & weird at the same time!

HAHAHAH! (I'm watching episode 2 now.. so ;D)

Anyway, Thanks for the caps! And thanks mikaney330 for the explaination!

Its so silly! The body thing freaked me out. Esp in the original vid, there's a black cat ;x Not a fan of cats. But Brian!! HAHAHA! He imitate Hwanhee yet again. Hahaha. He looked really funny singing while his body was distorted or whatever that is. Okay, am off to watch more now ;D

Thanks again for all the uploaders for non-CB links! :D

Guest debbii

Yay.. a topic for this show.. I, too am not completely sure what this show is about but it's got Brian.. so what the heck. LOLS. I loved the body section part.. where the dudes in the stadium were flashing their suits/tee and back.. that was awesome. :P

Anyhoos.. can't wait for this weeks ep! Brian's antics are greattttt fun.

-debbii

Archived