[젝스키스] SECHSKIES.. "BACK IN THOSE DAYS"

Guest I AM ON AWAY

Guest I AM ON AWAY
EUN JI WON, SungHoon, JaeDuk, JaeJin, JiYong, SooWon
17ze.gifINFORMATION good10002io.jpg [젝스키스] SECHSKIES Debut : 1997 '학원별곡' SechsKies, which means 'Six Crystals' in German, was the first group released from the DaeSung label. These six individuals came together to form the group whose music and style was unlike any other in the Gayo Music industry. Together with the popular group HOT, SechsKies created the buzz and popularized Gayo Music by pushing it toward a more broad audience. The fan base of SechsKies spreads further than the borders of Korea, and the dedication of each and every fan continues to warm the hearts of each member of the group. Eun JiWon aka Matthew, is the leader of this phenomenal group born on June 8, 1978. Kang SungHoon aka Ricky (some fans refer to him as Mickey as well) is the lead vocalist born on February 22, 1980. The choreographers and main rappers of the group are Lee JaeJin, born on July 13, 1979, and Kim JaeDuc, born on August 7, 1979. Ko JiYong, born on July 1, 1980 takes vocals as well as raps occasionally. And Jang SuWon, born on July 16, 1980, also contributes his vocal skills. As a group, SechsKies defied many stereotypical Gayo traditions by tampering with several different styles of music. SechsKies had the talent and skill to perform the bubbly, always popular happy songs as well as the bass induced, hardcore dance tracks. SechsKies debuted on April 15, 1997 on Music Tank, performing their first release 'Haak Won Byul Gohk.' Their first album was released on May 15, 1997. Their amazing talent and skills brought them much attention as they performed five tracks from their first album. Each track different from the previous, displaying the many sides of SechsKies. Without fail, the number and dedication of SechsKies' fans increased as SechsKies did their first goodbye show, getting ready for their first official fan club meeting. Their first meeting took place on July 21, 1997. Much impressed with SechsKies work, they were invited to perform at the SBS Super Concert in LA, California in September of 1997. With much anticipation, SechsKies returned to the spotlight with their second album. Their comeback show was on KMTVs Choong Jun 100% Show on October 30, 1997. They performed their first release 'Kisado.' The second album was released on November 15, 1997. Much like their first album, SechsKies had several songs from many different genres of music and they exhibited nothing but the best within themselves. SechsKies held their first headlining concert on December 21, 1997. By spring of 1998, SechsKies was quickly becoming a household name for many families around the world. Several executives in the Korean Music Industry noticed SechsKies talent and asked them to perform in a musical called 'Alibaba and the 40 Thieves' with fellow gasoo JinJoo. They also decided to produce a movie, which they asked SechsKies to star in. The musical ran from April 25 to May 5, 1998. The soundtrack was released shortly after with several songs performed by SechsKies on it. SechsKies quickly took their place in front of the camera soon after. On July 5, 1998 SechsKies did their 3rd album comeback on SBS Inki Gayo with the song 'Crying Game.' The second meeting of their official fan club wasto be a two day inauguration held from July 12-13, 1998, but due to several issues, SechsKies had to delay that meeting until the end of July. Eun JiWon, leader of SechsKies, started showing off more of his personal talent as he took part in the production of their third album. While they performed for their third album, SechsKies released their first movie. The six members starred in the movie 'Seventeen,' which opened on July 17, 1998. Despite everything they found themselves involved in, SechsKies never ceased to impress and amaze their fans. The soundtrack for the movie became known as SechsKies 'special album,' or 3.5 jib. This album was released on October 31, 1998 and they released two songs, 'Couple' and 'Nuh Rul Boh Neh Myun,' which they performed until the end of January. On November 30, 1998, a special SechsKies photo album was released. At the end of every year, all the major broadcasting stations in Korea come together and hold several award shows known as DaeSang Awards. After the December 18-31, 1998 award shows, SechsKies went home with several DaeSang awards proving that all their hard work was well worth the sacrifices SechsKies has made for their fans. SechsKies spent more of the month of January in 1999, holding concerts throughout Korea. Starting on January 4,1999 in MokPo Gongyun and ending on January 21, 1999 in DaeGoo. SechsKies was now a living legend within the gayo industry, breaking the barriers of different genres of music, proving that Korean music is much more than the traditional trot music our parents once forced us to listen to. On April 5, 1999 SechsKies released their first concert video, recorded from their hugest concert to date, the Seoul Concert on February 25, 1999. They also released a concert album that went with the video on April 10, 1999. They performed a song sung by Kang SungHoon called 'My Love' from this album. On April 18, 1999, SechsKies held a two year anniversary special official fan club meeting. After all the sleepless nights of performing concerts and working on their next album, SechsKies finally returned to the studio and created their fourth album. Released in early September of 1999, SechsKies performed a song appropriately titled, 'Com back' as well as 'Yeh Gam' and 'Geu Dae Rul Mum Chu.' This album had a lot more input from the members of the group, several of them writing and producing tracks for it. For some reason, SechsKies did not stay in the limelight for too long promoting this album. After many rumors began surfacing about whether or not SechsKies would return to the studio to create their fifth album, and after several incidents of supposed misconduct from their managing label DaeSung Productions, SechsKies finally did return to the spotlight. But this time, it was something none of their fans would have ever expected. At 2pm on May 18, 2000, SechsKies held a press conference to announce their inevitable departure from the gayo scene as the group 'SechsKies.' As a few members shed tears, they explained their situation in little detail. It is rumored that Eun JiWon and Kang SungHoon might form a duet under DSP, or at least stay within the entertainment world. JaeDuc will stay with DSP as a dance instructor/ choreographer. JaeJin might join JaeDuc as a DSP choreographer, or he might just return to school out of the limelight along with Jang SuWon. Ko JiYong has expressed an interest in becoming an actor now that SechsKies has ended its era. As the news about their breakup spread across the country, across the nation, the hearts of many fans broke, their dreams crushed, and tears shed. But despite the anguish, the fans of SechsKies will now and forever remain fans of SechsKies. No other group in gayo history has crossed so many musical boundaries and completed so much in such a short time.......... too long. credits to kpopmusic.com MEMBERS [은지원] Eun JiWon Leader.. Rapper.. My FAVORITE SECHSKIES MEMBER.. Just because he's so cute =) eunjiwon7vy.jpgeunjiwon18ss.jpg39965bx.jpg[강성훈] Kang SungHoon kangsunghoon2tv.jpgkangsunghoon10jw.jpg[김재덕] Kim JaeDuk kimjaeduk4fy.jpgkimjaeduk16dw.jpg[이재진] Lee JaeJin leejaejin6jd.jpgleejaejin17mm.jpg[고지용] Ko JiYong kojiyong9sd.jpgkojiyong13tk.jpg[장수원] Jang SooWon jangsuwon9vr.jpgjangsuwon15bt.jpg[젝스키스] SECHSKIES flower4ub.jpg058xg.jpg6k96890255sc.jpg0012713024xh.jpgall8xq.jpgall12ax.jpgall20dd.jpggood3yk.jpggood18aw.jpggood34qf.jpggood50gd.jpggood99li.jpggood568if.jpgll49cd.jpgMore of JiWon :lol:12340bo.jpg1232bu.jpg123458yq1.jpg12345673pt.jpg123456783uv.jpg1234567890vu.jpg Photoshopped, obviously :Duntitled6xq.pngeun9lc.jpg41bd2914a11d78xu.jpg여고생 시집가기 (2004) 41bd2914a11d27au.jpg41bd2914a11d13ow.jpg41bd2914a11d39ks.jpg1999 19985nr.jpgzzhw798057802lz.jpg

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tsukushi_makino

i'm the first !!!!!!

so happy.

i love SECHSKIES >3333

especially, Eun Ji Won, Kang Sung Hoon and KAng Ji Yong .

ahh. love them. i wish they could perform together again!!!

Guest chaserj7

wowwww that's a really detailed biography.. you should liaise with the Sechskies thread-starter in the kmusic section and combine your bios.. :D

Guest vintagesky

ahhh seckskies :DDDD

i liked...actually everyone lols maybe a teeny bit more of eunjiwon & jangsoowon haha

i used to hear "couple" like crazy

Guest christina.

T_T These pics make me sad.

I wish K-pop was like how it was back then.

Then HOT & SES would be here, too =D

-Christina

Guest pillowbox

looking at these pictures makes me sad.. i miss the good old kpop groups x__x i miss H.O.T, S.E.S, G.O.D etc.. i loved sechskies<3 they were a great group.. i miss them =/

Guest jekki2chipo

Ah the memories. They are my alltime favorite group. I actually caught them on MTV when I was just flipping though channels. The song that caught me was Pom Sang Pom Sa, yeah their debut song. It was so caughty, I would do the jumping and shouting dances to it. It was good. I love their music, cause they covered all the basis. They were great. I've been a fan since then. Still a fan too. Well my favorite member was Sechskies, was Kang Sunghoon. He's such a dork, maybe the reason I love se7en is because he reminds me of my Sunghoonie. HEHEHE.

I have all their albums, including overseas version and concert versions. yeah you could say i was obessed. Oh well can't help it.

SECHSKIES FIGHTING.

Guest starlette*

awww man i loved them so so so much! i miss them a lot! when i discovered them they were already disbanded. T_T;; i love their music & i was so in love with ejw!

*sigh* the good old days...

Guest cloud9

AHHHAHA I totally remember the boxer photos....I spent days searching for those pics in middle school (i think back in 97 or 98) hahhaaa....

Archived