Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moon Geun Young 문근영

Replies

• nabinabi Posts: 1,486Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

Moon Geun Young Introduces Some Childhood Photos & Gives a Tour of Her Bedroom (2000) :x

@MoonIsSquare: I'd love to see the actual interview ;)
    MoonIsSquareluvbong
  • luvbongluvbong Posts: 189Member
    OMG! Her bedroom was covered in H.O.T posters back in the day kekekeke
    Never knew she was a fan. Can't recognize some of the other boy band posters though.
    edited August 2012
    Recent Vita500 photo from kwandongpharm's twitter. Love this pic sooo much :x

Also, saw this recently on Youtube. I've never seen Moon's CF for Viki fashion brand, only the photos.
    So I thought I'd share it here as others may not have seen it too.

credit: formychumful @ YT
    mgyfever
  • ReeseReese Posts: 143Member

IDOL

edited August 2012
    Is this true? :-( News have been spreading around the korean community that Cheongdam-dong Alice alleged with plagiarism?  http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mid=smn&sid1=106&oid=047&aid=0002007625&datetime=2012083019250207625

Im sad with this news or rumor.. 

SUPERSTAR

edited August 2012
    @Reese: There are several news articles about the alleged plagiarism of Moon's upcoming drama. Will post a translation soon but SBS is adament that it is not a case of plagiarism.

In the meantime, here's a newly released photo of Bong with a bottle of Vita500. It's so similar to a previous photo that it hardly seems new LOL

source: kwangdongpharm @ twitter

SUPERSTAR

edited August 2012

SBS Refutes Plagiarism Allegations Made Against Upcoming Drama 'Cheongdam-dong Alice'

On August 30th, SBS refuted plagiarism allegations made against their upcoming scheduled weekend drama 'Cheongdam-dong Alice.'

Plagiarism allegations were made by the publisher of 'Cheongdam-dong Oduri' who revealed that preparations for a drama production of the novel have been ongoing for the past 2 years. "We made a contract with the author of 'Cheongdam-dong Oduri,' Lee Hye Kyung, and have been preparing for a drama production (of the novel). But after learning about SBS's 'Cheongdam-dong Alice,' we were surprised," adding, "the characters, setting, and (story) development are 90% similar to 'Cheongdam-dong Oduri.'"

SBS responded to the allegations saying, "Other than Cheongdam-dong in the title and the male protagonist being a CEO in the fashion industry, there are no similarities between 'Cheongdam-dong Alice' and 'Cheongdam-dong Oduri,'" adding, "It seems due to the similarity in the title, internet portal sites incorrectly publicized ('Oduri' as the original for 'Alice') and that is why this is happening."

According to officials from SBS, "During the past two years, writers Kim Ji Woon and Kim Jin Hee have been preparing 'Cheongdam-dong Alice.' Because there are no similarities in content (to 'Oduri'), we feel the allegations are absurd."

Meanwhile, SBS's 'Cheongdam-dong Alice' is Moon Geun Young and Park Shi Hoo's comeback drama. It will begin its broadcast in December following 'Five Fingers.'

source: TVReport & starin.edaily
    credits to and translations by Soompi Moons
    http://www.facebook.com/SoompiMoons

luvbong

SUPERSTAR

“Cheongdam-dong Alice” answers plagiarism charges

New SBS weekend Drama “Cheongdam-dong Alice” answered plagiarism charges.

The novel “Cheongdam-dong ohduri” created a market, and now it is alleging that the drama “Cheongdam-dong Alice” is plagiarizing it.

“Cheongdam-dong Alice” will star Moon Geun Young (25) and Park Si Hoo (34).  The heroine is a struggling designer who becomes the daughter-in-law of a rich family in Cheongdam-dong.

SBS “Cheongdam-dong Alice” and the novel “Cheongdam-dong ohduri” both use the place as the title and the profession of the male protagonist is the same — CEO of the fashion industry.  But that’s where the similarity ends and the drama does not encroach on the original work.

The writer of “Cheongdam-dong Alice” has been working on the script for two years and is aghast that somewhat similar content should lead to such charges.

“Cheongdam-dong Alice” is scheduled to be broadcast after “Five Fingers” in December.

source: newsis via nate

credit: http://parksihoo4u.com
    luvbong
    I hate that Moon's comeback project is being surrounded in plagiarism allegations. Although I'm glad that SBS has been quick to deny any truth to the allegations, I'm concerned that it might be bad for the drama. I hope it doesn't get tangled up in a big mess and result in the drama getting delayed. I've waited long enough for Moon's comeback!

This kinda reminds me of Lee Min Ho's drama 'Faith' when it was accused of plagiarism. Hopefully, 'Cheongdam-dong Alice' can overcome this like 'Faith' did.
    mgyfever

IDOL

edited September 2012
    I just saw this video :) News about Moon Geun Young's comeback after 2 years 

nabi

SUPERSTAR

luvbong said:
    I hate that Moon's comeback project is being surrounded in plagiarism allegations. Although I'm glad that SBS has been quick to deny any truth to the allegations, I'm concerned that it might be bad for the drama. I hope it doesn't get tangled up in a big mess and result in the drama getting delayed. I've waited long enough for Moon's comeback!

This kinda reminds me of Lee Min Ho's drama 'Faith' when it was accused of plagiarism. Hopefully, 'Cheongdam-dong Alice' can overcome this like 'Faith' did.
    Yeah, 'Faith' was surrounded in plagiarism accusations too but it's doing just fine. Plus, I've seen the first three episodes of both 'Faith' and 'Dr.Jin' and they are nothing alike other than the doctor time traveling part. The stories are soo different. I'm sure 'Cheongdam-dong Alice' and 'Cheongdam-dong Oduri' is facing the same thing. Just because they are both set in Cheongdam-dong and have a male lead as a CEO in the fashion industry, that hardly calls for plagiarism. If the stories are different, like SBS claims, then the plagiarism allegations will be dropped and 'Alice' will go on.
    mgyfeverluvbong

SUPERSTAR

Here's Moon back in 2006 when she was the model for VOV cosmetics :x It's for their Eye Pender Mascara CF

cr: Soompi Moons

SUPERSTAR

Old but VERY cute CF of Moon for VOV's Good-bye Eye Pender Mascara.

Here's the Making Film which is even cuter!!!

• ngthuhien149ngthuhien149 Posts: 2,384Member

LEGEND

I think it is just the media play to hype up for the drama. If a drama has a expected airing slot soon, it is quite impossible that SBS doesn't aware of that and let the rumor get on news. 
    Anw I am very excited for this drama. Park Shi Hoo is one of my favorite actors. Their age gap is quite big but I totally don't see any problem. On the side note, both of the writers are very new, hopefully they won't  disappoint me but I believe in PSH's script choice so far and both leads' acting is my fav ^^~

Reeseluvbong
  • mgyfevermgyfever Posts: 240Member
    luvbong said:
    OMG! Her bedroom was covered in H.O.T posters back in the day kekekeke
    Never knew she was a fan. Can't recognize some of the other boy band posters though.
    I recognize a Click-B poster as well as H.O.T.
    So I guess Moon was into the whole boy band thing back in the day :P
    Her music taste is soo much different now.

About the plagiarism controversy, like @nabi, I honestly think this is another case of what happened with Faith and Dr. Jin. Two dramas have a similar concept and so one accuses the other of plagiarism. But if you look closely, the two dramas are hardly the same. SBS will prove their story is different and that they did not copy Cheongdam-dong Oduri. And this controversy will be over.

ngthuhien149 said:

Anw I am very excited for this drama. Park Shi Hoo is one of my favorite actors. Their age gap is quite big but I totally don't see any problem. On the side note, both of the writers are very new, hopefully they won't  disappoint me but I believe in PSH's script choice so far and both leads' acting is my fav ^^~
    While the age gap is quite big, Moon has worked with many actors much older than her. So I'm not concerned about their chemistry because of the age gap. Plus, Moon Chae Won is similar age to Moon Geun Young, and MCW and PSH had great chemistry in The Princess' Man.

PSH has been pretty good at picking great projects and MGY has been pretty selective in picking her comeback project, so I'm hoping Cheongdam-dong Oduri won't disappoint. I'm looking forward to this drama.
  • mgyfevermgyfever Posts: 240Member
    edited September 2012
    Vita500 September wallpaper

credit: kwangdongpharm's twitter
    luvbong

IDOL

edited September 2012
    from Moonsclub:  文文9月11日有《Instyle BIFF》拍摄行程
    Geun Young will have 《Instyle BIFF》 shooting on Sept 11

Instyle Special issue for BIFF (Busan International Film Festival/釜山国际电影节) 

wow! Im sure we'll be seeing some sneak peaks of this shooting! excited to see the new MOON! :-) especially that she had been shaping up by going to the gym and having kendo lessons! 

Moon on last July 2011 Instyle issue :). Just a refreshment haha 
    mgyfeverluvbongnabi

SUPERSTAR

edited September 2012

How is Moon Geun Young Preparing for Her Comeback in 2 Years in 'Cheongdam-dong Alice'?

Moon Geun Young is making her comeback in 2 years through SBS weekend drama ‘Cheongdam-dong Alice.’ With her comeback ahead of her, through excitement and nervousness, she is building her body.

One official said, “Because there is a lot of time remaining, it is a situation where this is still time to spare. To not be hasty, she is preparing one step at a time. While she is paying attention to character analysis, because she hasn’t filmed a drama in a long while, she feels the need to manage her fitness. Rather than having specific conceptions, the situation is for her to (currently) draw an overall sketch.”

Meanwhile, ‘Cheongdam-dong Alice’ is scheduled to be broadcast in December following ‘Five Fingers.’ 

source: Newsen
    credits to and translations by Soompi Moons
    http://www.facebook.com/SoompiMoons

mgyfeverReeseluvbong

SUPERSTAR

Reese said:
    from Moonsclub:  文文9月11日有《Instyle BIFF》拍摄行程
    Geun Young will have 《Instyle BIFF》 shooting on Sept 11

Instyle Special issue for BIFF (Busan International Film Festival/釜山国际电影节) 

wow! Im sure we'll be seeing some sneak peaks of this shooting! excited to see the new MOON! :-) especially that she had been shaping up by going to the gym and having kendo lessons! 
    With the latest news that Moon is getting fit for her comeback, I'm expecting Moon to have lost her chubby cheeks by the time the Instyle BIFF issue comes out. Can't wait to see her new look :)

Also, here's the latest photo of Moon Geun Young for Vita500 from kwangdongpharm's twitter

I kinda wish kwangdongpharm would just release all the remaining photos from that Vita500 photoshoot back in March. They are all starting to look the same. Sometimes, I can't even tell if they are really "new" LOL

• sie85sie85 **Moonlight** Posts: 218Member

SUPERSTAR

edited September 2012
    ....omg!!! uri princess moon is come back...love you since cinderella sisters :x , in this new drama you will be with park shi hoo ssi' in romantic comedy, but i really hope you're in melodrama, i'm so in love with you when you crying in drama and movie, you're really great actress and multi-talented, love you bong :x :\">
    *KSA*MCW*MGY*SHK*KTH*
    http://moonchaewon.net/
    can't move on from *nice guy* always listening water lily, late autum, waltz in sorrow, broken heart ^_^