Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

Moon Geun Young 문근영

Replies

• nabinabi Posts: 1,486Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

New Drama 'Cheongdam-dong Alice' is Perfect for Moon Geun Young?

With news of actress Moon Geun Young's possible casting in new upcoming SBS drama 'Cheongdam-dong Alice,' interest in the new drama is heating up.

The drama is based on a novel 'Cheongdam-dong Oduri' by Lee Hye Kyung and is a romantic comedy. The original novel is about a girl who is unable to trust guys, having been betrayed by her first love in first year university. She lives a tough and determined life, raising her nephew/niece following her older sister's death.

As her goal in life is to open an internet shopping mall, she works as a designer who copies luxury brands. The story begins with her meeting the made lead.

The male lead is the president of a luxury brand shop in Cheongdam-dong. He takes notice of the female lead who is frequently visible near his shop and makes her an offer to spend one night with him. The two then become close, like lovers but because of a reunion with her first love and being caught up in events for copying luxury brands, multiple unfavorable conditions cause them to drift apart.

However, the two meet again but the objection from the male lead's mother causes them to once again encounter difficulties. With the help of her parents and friends, they eventually marry as the story ends with a happy ending.

A representative from Moon Geun Young's agency Namoo Actors revealed in an interview that while it is true that Moon Geun Young has received a casting offer for 'Cheongdam-dong Alice' and is reviewing it, as of yet, nothing has been decided.

source: Newspim

credits to and translations by Soompi Moons

http://www.facebook.com/SoompiMoons

mgyfever

SUPERSTAR

Moon Geun Young offered role in SBS’ upcoming drama, ‘Chungdamdong Alice’

Actress Moon Geun Young has been revealed to be in discussion for a small screen comeback through a new SBS weekend drama.

On August 10th, a representative of Namoo Actors revealed that Moon Geun Young might be cast for ‘Chungdamdong Alice‘, stating, “It is true that she was offered a role, and we are discussing the prospects of it, but nothing has been confirmed as of yet.”

They continued, “If she were to make a comeback, it will definitely be through a drama. As it is her first comeback in a while, she is preparing thoroughly so as to show a better and improved image.”

Should she take the offer, this will be her first comeback in nearly two years since her last role in KBS’ 2010 drama, ‘Mary Stayed Out All Night‘.

‘Chungdamdong Alice’ is adapted from a novel by author Lee Hye Kyung under the title ‘Chungdamdong Oh Doori‘. Writer Kim Jin Hee, who previously worked alongside writer Kim Young Hyun for ‘Queen Sunduk‘ and ‘Tree of Deep Roots‘, will be taking the reins for the drama.

Source + Photos: Mydaily via Nate

From Allkpop

• ngthuhien149ngthuhien149 Posts: 2,393Member

LEGEND

edited August 2012
    I have been waiting for her come back for a year but honestly, at the first read, the premise sounds so like a melo with full of cliches to me instead of a promising romcom. It is like Miss Ripley + Nice Guy + Fashion King + I Do I Do + Fire Bird + that drama that has Soo Ae and Kwon Sang Woo. However, there is nothing I can say for sure yet. And I am confused about the writer part, the article last page said it will be penned by Kim Young Hyun who wrote Queen Seonduk and Deep Rooted Tree, but the article in this page said it was Kim Jin Hee. And Kim Jin Hee is not the co writer w KYH in QS and DRT either, it is Park Sang Yun .So weird, but anw if it is KYH  then it should be a good drama.
    Seems like I am the only one who was really excited for Beautiful Life last year. Normally medical dramas are full of heavy politic, there are rarely light hearted but meaningful one except for General Hospital 2 maybe and BL does sounds really promising one. It is also around the nurses and medical romcom, which is the first time in Kmedical drama. I have been hoping she is back with that pj all along ;~: but seems like it won't happen. 

Luna

SUPERSTAR

edited August 2012
    I have been waiting for her come back for a year but honestly, at the first read, the premise sounds so like a melo with full of cliches to me instead of a promising romcom. It is like Miss Ripley + Nice Guy + Fashion King + I Do I Do + Fire Bird + that drama that has Soo Ae and Kwon Sang Woo. However, there is nothing I can say for sure yet. And I am confused about the writer part, the article last page said it will be penned by Kim Young Hyun who wrote Queen Seonduk and Deep Rooted Tree, but the article in this page said it was Kim Jin Hee. And Kim Jin Hee is not the co writer w KYH in QS and DRT either, it is Park Sang Yun .So weird, but anw if it is KYH  then it should be a good drama.
    Seems like I am the only one who was really excited for Beautiful Life last year. Normally medical dramas are full of heavy politic, there are rarely light hearted but meaningful one except for General Hospital 2 maybe and BL does sounds really promising one. It is also around the nurses and medical romcom, which is the first time in Kmedical drama. I have been hoping she is back with that pj all along ;~: but seems like it won't happen. 
    I don't like the premise either of 'Cheongdam-dong Alice' and neither do a lot of her Korean fans. Many actually hope she doesn't confirm this role. She hasn't confirmed it yet, so we'll just have to wait and see.

About the writers thing, Kim Young Hyun wrote QS and DRT (with Park Sang Yun, which you are correct about). Kim Jin Hee merely worked with Kim Young Hyun before, but not necesarilly together on QS and DRT (which allkpop mistranslated or KYH was merely a junior writer rather than one of the main ones as I don't see that name being credited in those projects). KYH and KJH will be writing 'Cheongdam-dong Alice' together. Hope that clears the confusion.

I'm usually not a huge fan of medical dramas, but even 'Beautiful Life' looks more promising than 'Cheongdam-dong Alice' to me.

luvbongLuna

SUPERSTAR

Moon Geun-yeong comes back as "Alice"

Actress Moon Geun Young may soon be making her comeback in the small screen.

According to sources, the actress has been offered the leading role in the upcoming SBS weekend drama, “Chungdam-dong Alice”. A representative stated, “Moon Geun Young is looking at the project in a positive light. Though it might take some time, there is at least a chance that she might come back soon.”

“Chungdam-dong Alice” is written by Kim Young Hyun who also wrote “Deep-rooted Tree”. Based on Lee Hye Kyung’s “Chungdam-dong Audrey”, it is about a mysterious woman who has been camping out in front of a high quality brand store and the man who owns it.

Meanwhile, Moon Geun Young has been taking a break for 2 years since the 2010 drama “Marry Me, Mary!”. The actress is currently working hard in her studies as a Korean language and literature major at Sungkyunhwa University.

from Hancinema
    mgyfever
  • luvbongluvbong Posts: 189Member
    If she does confirm that 'Cheongdam-dong Alice' drama, I hope it is highly adapted from the novel, because the storyline of the novel sounds so cliche. I totally thought of 'Fashion King' and a bit of 'I do I do.' And both dramas, I couldn't even finish.

I also thought 'Beautiful Life' sounded really promising. Although I think medical romcoms have been done in kdrama before...can't think of any right now though. I wonder what happened with BL. Haven't heard anything about it since Bong denied rumors that she would be cast in it. Kinda strange.
    New Vita500 photo from kwangdongpharm's twitter :x

mgyfever

SUPERSTAR

edited August 2012

Will Park Shi Hoo star opposite Moon Geun Young in ‘Cheongdam-dong Alice’?

While actress Moon Geun Young has yet to confirm her appearance in ‘Cheongdam-dong Alice,’ actor Park Shi Hoo has been linked to be the likely male lead.

According to multiple broadcasters on the 14th, Park Shi Hoo received the offer to play the male lead in ‘Cheongdam-dong Alice’ and he is positively reviewing it.

A representative from his agency confirmed this with Star News via a phone call, saying, “Park Shi Hoo was offered to appear in ‘Cheongdam-dong Alice’ and he is reviewing it.” Besides this project, he is also reviewing other projects. He plans on carefully deciding and confirming soon.”

'Cheongdam-dong Alice' is based on a novel 'Cheongdam-dong Oduri' by Lee Hye Kyung. The new upcoming SBS weekend drama 'Cheongdam-dong Alice' is expected to premiere in December after 'Five Fingers.'

source: Star News

credits to and translations by Soompi Moons

http://www.facebook.com/SoompiMoons

--

PSH's connection to Moon Chae Won and the 5coins couple was the first thing that popped up in my head hehehe

mgyfever
  • Yslands YnèsYslands Ynès Posts: 5Member
    PSH's connection to Moon Chae Won and the 5coins couple was the first thing that popped up in my head hehehe  :)>- 

Me too it came to my mind lol, I'm happy at all if the two are in this drama, park shi hoo I love from princess' man and moon geun young c my favorite actress with her friend Moon Chae Won figthing!!
    @fisi23: Welcome!!! I see this is your first post. Feel free to comment and share your thoughts with us here more often.

I haven't watched much of PSH, other than in Princess' Man, but he was good in that. I remember he won an acting award for it at the 2011 KBS Awards...Bong even presented the award to him! I'm glad she'll be cast with a good actor if the casting for both is confirmed.

I have a feeling that both MGY and PSH will confirm this drama. The timing of their possible casting news, one right after another just makes me think this.

SUPERSTAR

Hi fisi23 :-h Welcome!
    luvbong said:
    If she does confirm that 'Cheongdam-dong Alice' drama, I hope it is highly adapted from the novel, because the storyline of the novel sounds so cliche. I totally thought of 'Fashion King' and a bit of 'I do I do.' And both dramas, I couldn't even finish.
    I just noticed that Shin Se Kyung was in 'Fashion King' and Park Gun Hyung was in 'I do I do' and both are in Namoo Actors. It seems Namoo likes these types of stories. I'm thinking more and more that Moon will end up being cast in 'Cheongdam-dong Alice' now.
  • rintintintinrintintintin Shining star superstar NeverlandPosts: 1,352Member

SUPERSTAR

Hi there, I think I'm new of this thread, I really hope the she will do that role... I think she will fits that role in that drama. But still, we don't have news about her confirmation on that. :)
    "I prove that I'll be successful in the near future." :)
  • Yslands YnèsYslands Ynès Posts: 5Member
    @luvbong First of all thank you, I would come more often for news of our princess and I cross my fingers for her return with psh.
  • mgyfevermgyfever Posts: 240Member
    It's great to see some new names here. It seems we're all eagerly waiting for Moon's return :) Welcome everyone!

We'll just have to wait until Moon makes a confirmation about her role in Alice.
    Until then, here are some of the earliest CFs Moon filmed back in 1999 and 2000.
    She was so cute!

Lotte Samkang Turtle Egg ice cream CF (1999)

Nongshim Corn Snack CF (1999)

Oramedi CF (2000)

nabi

SUPERSTAR

edited August 2012
    Moon Geun Young in a newly released photo for Vita500 from kwangdongpharm's twitter

mgyfever
    News that Song Hye Gyo and Jo In Sung will be remaking a film Moon did back in 2006 'Love Me Not.' Read more about it here
    Kind of interested in seeing this. hehehe
    edited August 2012

Shin Se Kyung Thinks Moon Geun Young Looks Younger Than Her

Shin Se Kyung shared her thoughts about Moon Geun Young and her babyface image.

On the August 16 episode of KBS 2TV‘s “Happy Together Season 3,” she stated, “I look older than Moon Geun Young who is 3 years older than me.”

She explained,”We became close friends after appearing on the same movie ‘My Little Bride,’ when I was 14 years old.  In the movie we played first year middle school students and even though we were playing characters of the same age, I looked like a first year high schooler next to Moon Geun Young. ” She then added, “We still keep in touch and talk often.”

Shin Se Kyung made her debut through hit movie “My Little Bride” alongside friend Moon Geun Young in 2004. She recently starred in dramas “Tree with Deep Roots” and “Fashion King.”

from Soompi News

SUPERSTAR

edited August 2012
    New Vita500 photo from kwangdongpharm's twitter

What is she holding? :-/ It looks like an oddly shaped briefcase to me LOL Is that supposed to be a handbag?
    luvbong

SUPERSTAR

edited August 2012

Moon Geun Young was spotted exercising at a fitness center today!

I was running on a treadmill when Moon Geun Young’s CF came on. Suddenly, at the spot next to me, a girl came. It was Moon Geun Young. Unni is pretty......

source: LovelyHYa @ twitter

translation: Soompi Moons

mgyfever