Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

Hairstyle Thread

Replies

• thisisbernathisisberna Posts: 9Member
    Xiatistic wrote on 28 April 2012 - 07:35 AM:

It'll still look nice ^^ when I first had my hair rebonded it was straight bangs~
    but it grew LONG~ so I made it side bangs~ lol but now I just cut it cause my side bangs flip out~ XD
    my hair is now straight bangs again though! XD had it rebonded last November~ and I'll have to get it rebonded again by May~
    O_O"

but of course you can get side bangs~ and it works on rebonded hair ^^ just don't let it grow out of shape (if you know what I'm talking about)
    because as I said it'll flip out~ >_< or maybe it's just my hair T-T (but if it doesn't then lucky you!) *thumbs up

Now i know.. Thank you so much it help me a lot.. I decided to have straight bangs first then wait to grew longer.. Patience is a virtue (hahaha what?) thanks again :)
  • SwtStarlight-SwtStarlight- Posts: 112Member
    Hey! Can anyone post up photos of angles of Moon Geun Young's short new haircut? I wanted my hair like that but I couldnt find any good photos of the back &angles of that cut.
    Buyerlisted +1 w/Twinsa.
  • XiatisticXiatistic Posts: 9Member, New Member
    thisisberna wrote on 28 April 2012 - 04:04 PM:

Now i know.. Thank you so much it help me a lot.. I decided to have straight bangs first then wait to grew longer.. Patience is a virtue (hahaha what?) thanks again :)

oh it grows FAST lol
    always have it trimmed btw! It fliips out lol @_@"
    yes yes ^^ patience it a virtue ROFL! welcome :3
  • xHennyxxHennyx A boxPosts: 169Member

ROOKIE

edited May 2012
    What is this hairstyle called?

200908013_suesonsk_01.jpg

"Fate is building a bridge of chance for someone you love" <3 -My Sassy Girl 
  • klassikm3klassikm3 Posts: 729Member

ROOKIE

has anyone here done the keratin treatment or the brazilian blowout? Or if there are any other straightening methods? I really want to do it but there are always reviews about how unhealthy it is and how expensive it is. BUT i know it works. Please let me hear your thoughts and opinions about it. Thanks!
    klassikm3 wrote on 29 April 2012 - 07:06 PM:

has anyone here done the keratin treatment or the brazilian blowout? Or if there are any other straightening methods? I really want to do it but there are always reviews about how unhealthy it is and how expensive it is. BUT i know it works. Please let me hear your thoughts and opinions about it. Thanks!

Keratin treatment is VERY similar to Hot Oil/Cellophane
    It makes hair straight,soft and shiny! (but if you don't have naturally straight hair your natural hair will show off once you wet it again)
    My hair is rebonded and well.. the ends DO get dry at times (when the ends get dry I know I need Keratin Treatment + Haircut!) haha.. you always have to condition it and get frequent trims (so that there's no spit ends)
    I get my hair rebonded about 2 times a year (cause my natural hair is a little bit wavy) and it doesn't look unhealthy or whatever AT ALL! (besides the dry ends which can be treated easily with conditioner and/or trim)
    If you're planning to get your hair straightened though... make sure you go to a good salon so you know your hair won't look bad!
  • pepperopeppero Posts: 288Member
    Would anyone like to post their hair inspiration pictures(or link me to them)? Medium length- short would be best. Currently I have grown out a long bob, which is now chest length. I definitely need to trim the ends to get rid of some bleach damage, but don't know if I should recut a bob, or instead get layers... ideally i would like something different but am stuck for ideas! The only hairstyle I am not leaning towards is the classic 'layered with side bangs' because i had that style for years and am sick of it. Thanks~~
  • BigBang_VIP_AliceBigBang_VIP_Alice Posts: 11Member
    x-serendipity-x wrote on 22 April 2012 - 09:29 PM:

Just got a haircut + digital perm today for summer! :)

Before (hair was also digitally permed near the ends, but was really long, all the way down to my back actually):

*quoted image*

After (feels so much lighter lol):

*quoted image* 

\\

i cant see pic and im considering doing one too help! XD

edited May 2012
    BTW guys I have a question!
    My hair is rebonded~ and the wavy part (my REAL hair) is literally growing now~ (and my bangs are flipping into one side)
    I'm wonder if this is normal O_O and also I'll have it rebonded but my bangs are freakin short (but it becomes longer when I pull it back...
    it's touching my eyebrows (when I don't tame it) AND when I pull it back it's below my eyebrows! LOL
    and I'm really really wondering what's the real length of my bangs are gonna be like after the rebond... (I hope it's below the eyebrows T-T)
    cause they're above my eyebrows and they flip to one side~ (and they do this irritating pointy thing) and I try to calm it up my pulling it backward and
    it becomes straight and longer!!... will my bangs all be like that again once it's rebonded (will it become straight again)?? :o
    I'm really worried!!! :(
    if they'll look shorter or they look longer O_O!!!! >_____< "
    aish! but I'm seriously worried about my bangs :'( please help me T-T"
    oh and the roots of my hair are literally back to normal (wavy) and their like 3inches long now! but I'm seriously worried about my bangs
    AFTER they get rebonded~ cause I don't know how long they'll end up! (they're a touching my eyebrows by now~!)
    and is it ok to rebond the short bangs? :o
    thank you in advance for those who'll help <3
  • HeartaniaHeartania Posts: 4Member
    Ok, I'm just really interested on Asian hairstyle more to Korean actually.

And in this topic I would like help of all of you to comment and also put a picture or a site about Asian hairstyle or hair cut. 

And for the hint. I'm a Chinese teenage girl. I like a simple yet beautiful feminine haircut. And for another help, I'm just really curious about my face shape. Please help ? :D
    Lots of thank you.. " o  "

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1318880272607&set=a.1277405475763.36873.1848799738&type=3
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1295032356424&set=a.1277405475763.36873.1848799738&type=3
  • xstarBURSTxstarBURST no. somewhere in a box.Posts: 4,724Member

IDOL

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/4016-hairstyle-thread/

and your facebook links don't work.
  • xUsagixUsagi Posts: 8Member
    i looove this hairstyle! 
    http://youtu.be/DCqQdhZtJco
  • AlbertjohnAlbertjohn Posts: 2New Member
    wao good enough to get inspire from this  stunning hair style . I like your efforts you make it beautiful so going up for more ;)
  • CrunchCrunch Posts: 45Member
    Okay I decided I need a new hairstyle since I haven't gotten a haircut since last July [besides my bangs]. I hope you guys can help me figure something out.. I want to keep my general length so no short hair.. I'm okay with layers, but I don't want them to be so short that I can't tie it up into a ponytail or something like that..
    1.jpg

My face is really round..but despite having a chubby face, my body is skinnyish.

2.jpg

My hair is past my chest..The second picture kinda shows how the bottom half of my hair kinda just doesn't balance out with the upper half..if you know what I mean lol ;__;

I really need a new hairstyle.. If anyone can provide pictures of what they suggest or a detailed description that'd be great.. btw sorry for my blank expression, I didn't want to smile or anything so I could show you guys my general natural-ish face shape. Thank you ;__;
    1.jpg
    2.jpg

it's time to say goodbye, just be friends...
  • ystarburstystarburst Maryland, USAPosts: 175Member
    edited May 2012
    Hi guys! I haven't been on here in a while, but I'm going to be getting my hair cut soon. If anyone has any suggestions, that'd be great. I really want something different, and I've been contemplating getting it permanently straightened. I've had my hair at varying lengths over the years, but it's never been dyed, just highlighted with blonde. My hairdresser is Vietnamese, and does a fantastic job, but she doesn't want to dye my hair. I wouldn't mind dyeing it for something different, I'd just have to convince her to do so haha. So yep .. on to the pics :3

This is basically what it looks like now, but it's about halfway down my back. It's gotten super long since my last haircut.

256877_2119346058720_1097825131_32523970_1553993_o.jpg

HikingwithPatrick101710036-1.jpg

This is what I look like with straight hair, it happens to be in a cosplay, I'm sorry lol, I don't have another photo.:

TheWhiteQueen14.jpg

461818_3260167698548_1097825131_33310871_653935445_o1.jpg

• Keso &amp;#9829;Keso &#9829; Posts: 129Member
    edited May 2012
    chucknorrisowns wrote on 12 May 2012 - 02:53 PM:

Hi guys! I haven't been on here in a while, but I'm going to be getting my hair cut soon. If anyone has any suggestions, that'd be great. I really want something different, and I've been contemplating getting it permanently straightened. I've had my hair at varying lengths over the years, but it's never been dyed, just highlighted with blonde. My hairdresser is Vietnamese, and does a fantastic job, but she doesn't want to dye my hair. I wouldn't mind dyeing it for something different, I'd just have to convince her to do so haha. So yep .. on to the pics :3

This is basically what it looks like now, but it's about halfway down my back. It's gotten super long since my last haircut.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

This is what I look like with straight hair, it happens to be in a cosplay, I'm sorry lol, I don't have another photo.:

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

I think straight hair looks great on you although it makes you look more mature! Maybe having some sideswept bangs could do the trick, though.

sara-rue-hair.jpg
  • sukiyakiyamy;~;sukiyakiyamy;~; San DiegoPosts: 121Member
    edited May 2012
    im looking for a new hairstyle

i have thick black/dark brown wavy hair 
    its sort of dry so it gets a bit frizzy or tangled when its drying
    its not moist and super pretty or any of that, until like hours after its dried or 12 hours later it turns nice and smooth. [does anyone know anything to fix this? i end up taking showers in the morning and then in school my hair ends up frizzy till i get home and my hair turns nice after brushing it out :|
    i wear glasses too, so thats probably important for getting bangs. they're a light color so they compliment me well.

its currently down to an inch or two, +/- around my bra, and from behind it barely touches my bra strap

its cut straight edge on the tips, with 1 layer 2 inches above that, though it just blends in and makes the ends wavy

as for bangs, i had straight edge'd ones but they've outgrown and they're just pushed to the side now, with some layers coming down from the sides to give it texture/shape to the overall appearance

some people might consider my hair straight but compared to most asian hair[with its pin straightness!] it isnt. lol. 

its sort of like the typical japanese wave sort of hair, wavy towards the bottom and straight on the top, with volume from the top to bottom

id really like something new. its very plain from the back because its just like 1 long layer with a straight edge on the bottom which tends to fold onto itself sometimes but its typically just that plain straight shape.

i usually wear hoodies or stuff like that so i always keep that in mind please~ x)

and i dont want to dye my hair either, or bleach it. maybe something dark brown or so but im not too inclined on that.. i already have split ends even though i dont straighten/curl/blowdry my hair ):

i do blowdry my bangs when i get out of the shower though, however that's the nicest/not frizziest/straightest/not-damaged part of my hair.

as a child i always had front straight full fringed bangs, and it looked nice, but now for some reason it doesnt stay as straight immediately.
    i do like them, though. id like a way to have them, but to not be as full/thick, sort of like choppy/thin front bangs? 
    i also have glasses, so im not too inclined on getting full fringed bangs since it might look too nerdish or like too much on that area of my face... and i cant have bangs that are too long either cuz then they end up hitting my glasses and getting messed up :(

also the rest of my hair, the top always parts right in the middle, even with side bangs, the part is almost towards the middle because of my hair just doing that.
    but it makes the rest of my hair look so plain, and im short, too, so everyone can see it and i just dont like it that much.

i would do layers, but my hair gets even wavier/frizzier with layers, ):

im not too sure if short hair would look good on me or not, i guess i could go for medium hair again but its always a boring look on me. i just dont know.

i want more shape on the rest of my hair, but im scared that getting V-shaped ends and all that would just make it even more frizzy...

does anyone have any help?

i gave lots of information, i dont have any pictures, sorry, but please help me if you have time. thank you very much !

something stylish that gives more personality! i love having good hair / want really great hair. 
    N a h o
  • PatootiePatootie Posts: 169Member
    Hi guys, I was wondering if you guys could direct me to pictures if ppl with dark brownish hair (I'm asian but I don't have super black hair) with ombre hair or colour block hair!
    I want a lot of pictures so I can show the stylist at the salon later on! (:
    Thanks in advance!
    JAY PARK
    BIG BANG WONDER GIRLS
    2PM 2NE1
  • staticlullabystaticlullaby Posts: 139Member
    I was planning to re-dye my hair pretty soon. Maybe in the next two months, any suggestions on what hair colour/tone I should go? Use my pictures on Soompi photo album as a reference to whether the colour/tone will suit me or not. Thanks.

• iyagiiyagi 임진영♣ Posts: 1,505Member

IDOL

edited May 2012
    I decided it was time for a change in my hair. I was tired of having the same boring style (long, straight hair with a fringe) so I took a leap and got an undercut while keeping my long hair. I absolutely love it! I've always wanted an edgy hairstyle but was afraid I wouldn't be able to pull it off. Some photos of before and after. Sorry they're just instagram photos because I don't have many recent pictures of me with a regular camera.

BEFORE:
    IMG_20120410_182247_1-1.jpg

AFTER:
    IMG_20120515_232227_1.jpg

IMG_20120516_004425_1.jpg

If you want to go for an edgier cut and aren't afraid of committing to a section of really short hair, I highly suggest an undercut. Some people don't get it so short but I wanted it to look almost like someone took a razor to my hair (and at one point there was a razor lol). I've had both really long and really short hair so I didn't even think twice about it.
    sig-1.gif
    thepatientundergradchansoodisneygirlSalt