Han Jae Suk 한재석

ione

this cute and talented actor
I don't think there was a thread made for this great korean actor who we learned to love and hate on his tv dramas. He is currently doing military service. Name: Han Jae Suk (한재석) Born: 12 August 1973 Height: 175cm Weight: 65kg Hobbies: Movie, music School: Yonsei University (sports major) Series: Amor de Tarapaca (2004) Taiwanese series with Ruby Lin A great hope / Great ambition / Dae-mang (2002) Glass Shoes / Glass Slippers (2002) Four Sisters (2001) All about eve (2000) Should my tears show (1999) Sunflower (1998) Steal my heart (1998) Model (1997) Movies: Love Wind Love Song (1999) Motel Cactus (1997) Beyond Hypothermia (1996) 7 Reasons Why Beer is Better Than Lover (1996) Unfix (1996)

hanjaesuk.jpg photo credits: MBC and hanfan

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jamieâ„¢

He's a good actor :)

I've only watched him in 'All About Eve' & 'Glass Shoes'

but mann his character in those two dramas richard simmons me off lol

Guest xosandy

^yeah. those were two great dramas. too bad he never got the girl though. when is he coming back from the military?

Guest Yasmin

Han Jae Suk Wore Fruit Print PJs to Pajama Party. Ruby Lin Hsinju Laughed at Him

Ettoday, 6/12/04; Reporter Jiang Chaolun

Skip paragraph.

At the press conference, his two costars from "ZTL" Ruby Lin Hsinju & Melody also attended, & also personally got tips from the hotel chef on how to make desserts. Lin Hsinju made red wine cake w/ the name of "Love of mellow/pure wine," Melody made a grape pie [i think] named "Love of the Chinese wisteria" as gifts for Han Jae Suk, he was pleasantly surprised.

Because of the shoot, Ruby Lin Hsinju, Melody and HJS became good friends, Ruby Lin Hsinju has revealed, when they were filming in China, b/c they were very bored, so they had a pajama party, inviting everyone to have some fun. But never thought that HJS would wear PJs w/ fruit prints to the party, everyone laughed at him. Regarding this, HJS explained: "My mother has a custom of sewing PJs for me, this is her only hobby. I'm a filial son, so I must be a good little boy & wear them!"

A blushing HJS said he is actually outgoing, but b/c of the language barrier, afraid of offending people, so rarely would talk w/ strangers, he also described himself as a goofball, once he carelessly made his cellphone number public on TV. As a result, fans were harassing him all night.

While shooting "ZTL," news of HJS & Lin Hsinju not getting along spread. Regarding this, HJS said: "Rumors about us not getting along spread b/c I didn't do enough. In fact, I regard Lin Hsinju as colleague. After returning to South Korea, I miss her a lot;" Lin Hsinju pointed out, HJS really thinks of her as "a good colleague." He also made a phone call from the U.S. "to send his regards" to Ruby Lin Hsinju, making Lin Hsinju mad, charmingly said: "I got a call from him once. He was so happy sending his regards to me in English. At that time it was 12 o'clock in the afternoon in America, but in Taipei it was 5 o'clock in the morning, I was still a sleepy head!"

i842843-b.jpg

^yeah. those were two great dramas. too bad he never got the girl though. when is he coming back from the military?

as far as i know, he and fellow actors SSH and jang hyuk entered the military in late 2004. so he should be discharged by the end of the year.

Guest Choi Ji Woo

He's one of my crushes among Korean actors..I find him very handsome and talented as well..a hottie too!!!

I've watched him in All About Eve, Four Sisters, Glass Shoes and Love in the Vineyard (with Ruby Lin)..

Thanks for posting the latest news about him doing military service as of the moment..thanks for the thread!

Guest jahye

One of my favorite underrated actors!!!

Model!!! All About Eve!!! I loved this guy so much more than Jang Dong Geun in both dramas.

I remember hating Sunflower because I really didn't like Ahn Jae Wook at the time (I still don't like him, but I really despised him back then). *spoiler: I still don't understand how Kim Hee Sun didn't end up with Han Jae Suk! Spoiled Ahn Jae Wook always gets the girl in every drama, he would never take a role where he doesn't win the girl at the end

I loved 4 Sisters! Not just Han Jae Suk and Chae Rim, but I loved Park Yeh Jin and Park Chul in it and Hwang Su Jung as well.

Glass Slippers was a little too long, but I think I eventually finished watching it. It was the repairing of Kim Ji Ho and Han Jae Suk, but they still didn't end up together for the second time.

I know I watched Dae Mang, but I really can't remember anything about it right now.. :unsure: I know I actually liked the drama, but I don't know why I can't remember it..

21uq.jpg

34ui.jpg

49re.jpg

99df.jpg

with sohn yeh jin

11im.jpg

with myung seh bin from the drama Purity

55wd.jpg

with kim nam joo. his partner in Model, but he actually worked with her in a lot of dramas. they're good friends in real life.

72at.jpg

with the girls from Glass Slippers

68mi.jpg

his military job

1137715576.485208_SSI_20060119163547_V.jpg

Hi ione, thanks for starting a thread on HJS. I really think he is a much underrated actor. I had a crush on him when I first saw him in AAE. :blush: Since then, I have watched a few of his other works, such as 4 Sisters, Model, Glass Shoes and Steal my heart. However, the characters in those dramas are very similar - HE NEVER WINS THE GIRLS HE LOVED.... :( I think he should select his roles/ work carefully and give himself some real good challenge. I understand that he is a good friend of Jang Don Gun as they worked together in many dramas. I hope to see him in different roles after he finished serving in the military. :)

Hi jahye, thanks for sharing the photos. It's hard to find his photos. Here are my some from my collections:

AAE...

evelondon.jpg

with JDG

3c784bc2.jpg

with CR in 4 Sisters

_1059358647_4.jpg

with Ruby Lin in ZTL

200473018234354.jpg

Group photos - Glass Shoes

group.jpg

Hope you all like them! :P

with myung seh bin from the drama Purity

55wd.jpg

By the way, jahye ,I've never heard "Purity" before, do you know when was it air? in which station? I like them both and would like to watch it. Please help.

Thanks B)

Guest Choi Ji Woo

ohh i like him! gosh what happen to him? havent heard anything from him for so long

just like what the thread starter had said earlier, Han Jae Suk is currently doing his military services 4 Korea!

ccbabe, thanks for more pics of HJS! :blush: it's nice that we all share a liking for a very promising actor like HJS. i agree, he should choose his roles more carefully. if he does that, then he may very well be within the same wavelength as won bin's and other top korean male stars (just my humble opinion). :D even though he is going to be out of the scene for a long while, surely a talent like his can never go unnoticed. well.. it's just nice that everyone's coming out into the open now.

I don't think there was a thread made for this great korean actor Han Jae Suk who we learned to love and hate on his tv dramas. He is currently doing military service.

wow if not for u, i wouldn't haf realised tht there's no thread made for tis great actor in my opinion~~ thx! ;)

but surprisingly i never hated him in his roles ~

I 1st watched him in Models.. watched it w/o subs twice but I still love it.. I liked him more than JDG n I wanted so much for him to be wif Kim Nam Joo in tis though he was like the rougher guy than JDG.. he & KNJ got together finally cus she realised she loved him but.......... they were gona marry & he died :tears:

Steal My Heart ~ he acted wif KNJ again & also wif Park Shin Yang & Jeon Ji Hyun.. I didn't like his hair in tis though but again I wanted him wif KNJ but alas she realised she liked PSY later i think.. :tears:

Sunflower ~ he was cute but I'm like an Ahn Jae Wook fan cus he was so cool in it but I wanted AJW wif the other doctor so I was hoping KHS would go wif HJS but sadly no.. :tears:

All Abt Eve ~~ KSY & him loved each other but a pity she valued other things above love so gave up HJS until the last moment when he died while saving her then she realised how much he loved her ~ :tears:

4 sisters ~~ he & Chae Rim.. cute, can't remember wat happened but did they get back together? I knw he loved her but he wanted revenge or somethin?

Glass Shoes ~ I didn't get to watch the middle.. but got to watch the beginning & ending.. KHJ rightfully chose So Ji Sub in the end but a pity SJS had to die in her arms on their wedding...

Purple Vine Romance is showing in my country now but a pity i haf to miss it @ the 7 pm wed-fri timeslot.. :(

Guest Access DENIED

One of my favorite underrated actors!!!

I remember hating Sunflower because I really didn't like Ahn Jae Wook at the time (I still don't like him, but I really despised him back then). *spoiler: I still don't understand how Kim Hee Sun didn't end up with Han Jae Suk! Spoiled Ahn Jae Wook always gets the girl in every drama, he would never take a role where he doesn't win the girl at the end

I know I watched Dae Mang, but I really can't remember anything about it right now.. :unsure: I know I actually liked the drama, but I don't know why I can't remember it.

Pity, that most of his dramas had made his love unrequited. my mind is still fuzzy on sunflower.. Did ahn jae wook really get with kim hee sun? I though he liked the other lady..? All i remember is that ahn jae wook gave khs a ring and han jae suk saw it.... :tears:

I watched all the episodes of dae mang. Overall, the show was average.. It was kind of boring but entertaining in some parts.. Han jae suk played the big baddie in that drama, he still didnt get the girl, and i had to see him die AGAIN .. :(

4 sisters ~~ he & Chae Rim.. cute, can't remember wat happened but did they get back together? I knw he loved her but he wanted revenge or somethin?

Yea they got together..they even kissed and everything :)

Han jae sukk wanted revenge because he thought chae rim's dad was responsible for his mom being in a vegetable state..

Pity, that most of his dramas had made his love unrequited. my mind is still fuzzy on sunflower.. Did ahn jae wook really get with kim hee sun? I though he liked the other lady..? All i remember is that ahn jae wook gave khs a ring and han jae suk saw it.... :tears:

I watched all the episodes of dae mang. Overall, the show was average.. It was kind of boring but entertaining in some parts.. Han jae suk played the big baddie in that drama, he still didnt get the girl, and i had to see him die AGAIN .. :(

Yea they got together..they even kissed and everything :)

Han jae sukk wanted revenge because he thought chae rim's dad was responsible for his mom being in a vegetable state..

sunflower ~~ is like one of the first few korean series i ever watched so my memory's kinda fuzzy as well.. but yea AJW loved the other lady, his ex gf in the series @ 1st n he missed her terribly.. they had broken up a few yrs ago becus of a misunderstandin, i think she thought he's the one who did an impt op she was assigned to or somethin & the impt person died?.. can't remember already but anywayz she left him then but came back to the hospital later.. KHS had like the biggest crush on him so they worked alot together n i think she was always there for him, n i believe in the end they were together.. i didn't want tht lol cus i'd prefer AJW to love the other lady.... :lol:

thx for the info abt 4 sisters.. I really liked him wif Chae Rim in this.. ;)

Archived