Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Korean Hip-Hop

Comments

• seodahseodah Posts: 96Member, New Member
    TehEnthusiast89 wrote on 04 March 2012 - 12:49 AM:

personally i don't mind dok2 winning the producer section, considering the alternatives available. i wish nuol was on the list and won, but that didn't happen.

first person I've ever seen prefer dok2(he has a few good ones, i'll admit) and nuol beats to loptimist or soriheda's
  • BKJSuhBKJSuh I am the best. CAH-NAH-DAH.Posts: 1,744Member

IDOL

edited March 2012
    TehEnthusiast89 wrote on 04 March 2012 - 03:49 AM:

and i wouldn't consider basick and mad clown "rookies".

personally i don't mind dok2 winning the producer section, considering the alternatives available. i wish nuol was on the list and won, but that didn't happen.

Basick and Mad C are considered as rookies since they never released actual album until now. Sounds fair to me.

I disagree. He's one of the worst. Even Minos couldn't save that collaboration he did with Nuol.
  • TehEnthusiast89TehEnthusiast89 Posts: 60Member
    "first person I've ever seen prefer dok2(he has a few good ones, i'll admit) and nuol beats to loptimist or soriheda'"

i like the loptimist. i actually think that he is a better producer than dok2, but i wasn't impressed by his beats for the year 2011, as much as his works before.

and soriheda is okay, but not my style.

"Basick and Mad C are considered as rookies since they never released actual album until now. Sounds fair to me"

fair point.

i just thought it was puzzling since they have been in the game for a while.

i don't have a problem with them being listed as "rookies" as much as Jtong winning it over them. i would have voted for basick.

as for nuol, we'll just have to agree to disagree lol.
  • PurpleMTLPurpleMTL Excitable the Misunderstood Genius Montreal, CanadaPosts: 525Member
    edited March 2012
    TehEnthusiast89 wrote on 04 March 2012 - 03:49 AM:

a lot of things about hiphopplaya awards 2011 puzzles me as well.

aren't the awards given based on votes from HP members? then how did MC meta get the fewest votes for "featuring artists" section?

and i wouldn't consider basick and mad clown "rookies".

i think korean underground HH was a lot better back then. but that can be said for most genres of music IMO.

i like the loptimist. i actually think that he is a better producer than dok2, but i wasn't impressed by his beats for the year 2011, as much as his works before.

and soriheda is okay, but not my style.

i just thought it was puzzling since they have been in the game for a while.

i don't have a problem with them being listed as "rookies" as much as Jtong winning it over them. i would have voted for basick.

as for nuol, we'll just have to agree to disagree lol.

I usually won't argue taste, but Nuol, that's a first. I seriously think, without hyperbole, that he's the worst KHH producer by a john teshing mile. Dok2 had a good year,he's usually pretty good when it comes to artists other than himself. Loptimist and Soriheda though, are in a league of their own.
  • van * yurikovan * yuriko SF to Seoul, i got it under control. Posts: 710Member
    edited March 2012
    sfwalcer wrote on 02 March 2012 - 12:34 AM:

Seen that XenomiX promo MV just the other day, so far digging his sound from those cuts.

Damnnn you so lucky, wish I got a chance to watch The Q live.  How is his stage presence, cuz some artist sound really good on cd but lacks emcee skills when live.

COME TO THE BAYYYYYY, Kats always go to LA for shows sigh.   

The Q has good stage presence and so does Dok2. They do sound like their albums. However..... like most artists they tend to do the same stuff over and over. I think Soul Company is a different story though. RHYME-A, Minos, Kebee, and Fana go nuts when they perform. I can watch them over and over and never be bored. Will never forget when Fana announced he felt like puking because he was drunk/hungover. LOL.

IDOL

edited March 2012
    But then again, everyone has different taste in musicality and styles.
  • siliconrexsiliconrex 난 핸들이 말짱한 8톤 트럭 Posts: 1,105Member

IDOL

edited March 2012
    Wow Evos pretty nice. Hi Lite is being pretty awesome since SC, this might be their era unless Standart does some Jeremy Lin shiz and starts going crazy (like Noise Mob 3 CD album crazy, not recruiting Al P crazy)
    edited March 2012
    nice

it's a single right?

i wish primary would come back with a full length LP. that would be a good way to start this year.
  • PurpleMTLPurpleMTL Excitable the Misunderstood Genius Montreal, CanadaPosts: 525Member
    Critic's releasing a single Friday, a Scary'P remix of one of his mixtape songs. If you haven't, listen to his tape.

Travel Man (feat. Goblin Laboratory)

가면무도회

http://purplemtl.blogspot.com/search/label/Critic
  • hajimahajima Posts: 118Member

ROOKIE

Yeah Primary sounds like he's going to be dropping singles every month starting the 7th of March. I think I'm going to like the one month waits.. haha
  • sfwalcersfwalcer Posts: 580Member

ROOKIE

edited March 2012
    van * yuriko wrote on 04 March 2012 - 04:59 PM:

The Q has good stage presence and so does Dok2. They do sound like their albums. However..... like most artists they tend to do the same stuff over and over. I think Soul Company is a different story though. RHYME-A, Minos, Kebee, and Fana go nuts when they perform. I can watch them over and over and never be bored. Will never forget when Fana announced he felt like puking because he was drunk/hungover. LOL.

Maybe they sound "exactly" like how you would sound in their albums a bit too much, that's why it's boring. I mean when you perform live you are putting on a show to entertain people. Always good to mix it up and go crazy once in a while ha. 

siliconrex wrote on 04 March 2012 - 08:08 PM:

Wow Evos pretty nice. Hi Lite is being pretty awesome since SC, this might be their era unless Standart does some Jeremy Lin shiz and starts going crazy (like Noise Mob 3 CD album crazy, not recruiting Al P crazy)

Noise Nob 3 CD album is rumored or just your hopes?

seodah wrote on 04 March 2012 - 10:31 PM:

So this is what it was for.

Yeah, I'm stoked. I love March.

IT'S MARCH MADNESS BABY!!!!!!!!!

PurpleMTL wrote on 04 March 2012 - 10:40 PM:

Critic's releasing a single Friday, a Scary'P remix of one of his mixtape songs. If you haven't, listen to his tape.

Travel Man (feat. Goblin Laboratory)

가면무도회

http://purplemtl.blo...ch/label/Critic

Enough of your SPAM MTL, go advertise your mini cooper elsewhere, i jokes i jokes.  :phew:

edit: damn can't wait for more Critic and on a Scary'P beat OMG OMG OMG, hyped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                                                                                   image  image 
    Cans: Superlux HD 668B/ 681F < monoprice MHP-839 = JVC HA-S400 = ATH WS55< Somic MH463< JVC HA-S500< ATH ES7< ATH WS99 = ATH ES700 < Philips Fidelio X1. 
    IEMs: MEElectronics M9< TDK MT-300 < Tt isurus < monoprice iem< Brainwavz beta v2 < JVC HA-FX101< Sennheiser CX250< Apple earpods< JVC HA-FX40 < RHA MA-350 = Philips SHE5105< JVC HA-FX3X< ATH CKS77X< JVC HA-FXD70< Phillips SHE9700< Sony MH1C < ATH CKN70< VSonic VC02 = JVC HA-FXD80 < VSonic VSD1 = Sony XB90EX = Zero Audio Basso < JVC FXZ200 < Sony XBA3 < VSonic GR07 BE ~ VSonic VSD1 LE (Limited Edition) = ATH CKS1000 <~ KEF M200
  • siliconrexsiliconrex 난 핸들이 말짱한 8톤 트럭 Posts: 1,105Member

IDOL

I wish there was a 3 CD Noise Mob album coming out from Standart, that would be so epic it would be album of the year for several years

IDOL

Great way to start off March.

IDOL

seodah wrote on 05 March 2012 - 04:48 PM:

omg i can finally own it

Finally!!!! HHP said they'll be in other webstores a lil bit later.
    edited March 2012

IDOL

edited March 2012
    I hope it's nothing like their previous single. That was just bad.

Then again, I was never a big fan of them. Maybe this upcoming album will change my opinion.

Primary & DD - Johnny