Official JJ Project (JJ프로젝트) Thread

Guest Yoyo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest meisk

Finally~ "Bounce". Jamming to this song right now. At first i'm not sure about it.It's something new and u have different genres mix in one song. But the more i listened and watched the mv the more i like it. They're so energetic and makes me want to join them..lol *shakes* I love JB's voice and i think he improved since DH2 and i just love Jr.'s energy.

"Hooked" reminds me of G.O.D especially the rap part.It has this old school feeling and i'm really like it.

"Before This Song Ends feat Suzy" is my favourite. I love the beats,their voices and everything. I wish i can see them performing this song in the future. Maybe a special stage in JYPN's concert or something. Usually rookie group only perform intro + title song,right?

Their debut stage will be on 24th at MCountdown.

edit:

Interview with JJ Project: Take a look at the JYP jackpot

Duo JJ Project will be releasing their first single ‘Bounce‘ on May 20th and making their debut in the music industry. Known as JYP‘s jackpot, JJ Project succeeded in arousing the curiosity of the general public with their faceless teaser video and has since become the most talked about topic.

They revealed their faces to their fans on May 16th through their jacket photos. Yet they were not unfamiliar. The JJ Project members are none other than JB and Jr. Earlier this year, they appeared in the KBS 2TV drama ‘Dream High 2,’ and of course, through that drama, they were able to show off their dancing and singing skills, thereby putting their faces out there and making their first steps as singers. Check out their interview with TV Report below!

WAS IT STRANGE WINNING THE JYPE OPEN AUDITIONS?

JB and Jr. Their team name has quite the special meaning. First off, the JJ of the name is formed with their initials, which both happen to be J, and attached to that is the word project. In the beginning stages, JB and Jr. look to grow and evolve along with the fans that support them. In order to achieve their own dreams, these talented singers and dancers made quite the ruckus at their first auditions that people could not help but anticipate JB and Jr.’s stages even more.

JB: Having the a dancer’s dream, I danced. Then my parents suggested auditioning. It was something I wanted to do, so they granted me permission without hesitation. Rather than being a good at dancing, it seems like I was lucky.

Jr.: Wanting to become a singer, with an audition up ahead, I started dancing during my winter vacation. And then, I got first place at the audition. It was the first time there was a joint first place, so it seemed like it was fate for JB hyung and me.

There are many similarities between JB and Jr. Both of them were born in 1994 and are 19 years old. However, since JB was born in January, he is the hyung. They met at the 5th JYP open auditions that were held back in 2009 and together won the first place title. By the last mission, the two became a team, and as JJ Project, their dream of becoming singers has become a reality. Even if it were coincidence, there can’t be coincidences like that. And so? Anybody else knows quite well that the two of them do not see each other as competitors but as partners.

JB: Jr. is far better at the dance choreography. Most of all, he is sincere and really puts in a lot of effort. Among ourselves, we don’t care, but there is this continuation of competition. I’m not much of a competitor.

Jr.: JB hyung is a b-boy, and so his dancing is truly showy. He knows how to enjoy himself on stage. Plus, I’m blood type O, hyung is blood type A, because we are different, I guess we seem to complement each other.

WERE YOU NOT SAD THAT DREAM HIGH HAD LOWER VIEWER RATINGS?

We could not avoid bringing up the topic of ‘Dream High 2.’ In his first ever work of his lifetime, JB got to play a leading role that was involved in a love triangle with Kang Sora and Jiyeon (T-ARA). However, the drama suffered from lower viewer ratings than originally thought. Nevertheless, they replied to this somewhat depressing question, “Leaving behind the viewer ratings, we really learned a lot.“

JB: Of course, had the drama succeeded, it would be have been of an even greater help to letting people know about JJ Project. However, being aware of this, I thought about what I should do to change things. Rather than letting people know my name through the drama, is it not important that I accomplish something with my abilities? I’m piling it up neatly in front of me.

Jr.: While I thought of the viewer ratings, there were really many things I learned. How I got such an opportunity is just amazing.

Their original names being the same as currently active stars has become a topic of conversation. JB’s real name is Im Jae Bum, and Jr.’s real name is Park Jin Young. While JB uses the alphabet abbreviation of his name, Jr. literally means the junior of JYP’s Park Jin Young. It seems that they have quite the burden with their names being the same. They’d be lying if this wasn’t the case. And so? For them, the desire to grow even more and become loved lives and breathes inside their hearts.

JB: Just having the same name as someone like Im Jae Bum sunbaenim is enough to want to grow. I still haven’t seen sunbaenim, but I want to meet him at least once.

Jr.: Park Jin Young PD is so great that I also feel burdened. As his junior, I’ll work even harder and show a proper junior’s image.

When looking at them, what comes to mind is Lee Hyun Do and Kim Sung Jae of the band Deux. While normally idols debut as teams of more than three people, they are just two. That is also something new. Does their style not look a bit like a young Deux? As if by magic, at the time of their team mission during the JYP auditions, JB and Jr. selected Deux’s song, ‘Turn Around and Look At Me.’ Is it not the case that this connection was a coincidence? Whatever the case, it feels good.

SOURCE: TV REPORT via KPOPSEVEN

Jr. calling JB "hyung" is amused me.I know he's born in early '94 but it's so cute~ He does have the hyung's vibe..lol :D

I love their similarities too. It's pretty interesting.

-They both have the same name as the two popular and great singer; Im Jae-bum and JYP.

-They both born in 1994 and tied as the winner of JYPE 5th Open Audition.

Guest Yoyo

I just heard the boys debut single and it sounds great."Before This Song Ends feat Suzy" is also one of my favorites. For some reason, I thought it was a ballad LOL, but it's a nice dance song and I've had it on replay all day~ I like Bounce, it's a completely different sound from JYP's past hits and I like the different genres mashed into one song. The music video was adorable too and I can't wait to see the boys' debut stage on M Countdown. I don't have anything to compare their vocals to because I haven't watched Dream High 2 but I know the boys wouldn't disappoint.

I can't wait to see the boys stand on stage with the other JYP Nationers!

Guest coddiemushuu

ITAWt.png

International Forum for JJ-Project called, DOUBLE-J!

forum link: http://z13.invisionfree.com/Double_J/index.php

all these days we've been waiting for this day! they are finally debuting as a musician! looking forward to the live performances! especially the head-bangin part! i hope they would add that on their choreo for live perf!

Guest kiwiflavouring

Question,

if I buy the EP on itunes Europe (France to be specific) is it legal? I heard that some other bands had their albums sold illegally by third parties. On the screen it lists JYP Entertainment as having the copyright so I hope it's legit. I did buy Wonder World on itunes and that seemed good. Really want to buy it comes with a digital booklet, want pictures of these cuties.

Welcome to JYP Nation JJ Project.

More on point, can't get 'Bounce' out of my head. And their choreo' is the cutest thing. I think they're gonna win alot of Noona's hearts if they shake it like that. Heheheh. I can see that part of the choreo' becoming very popular and used all over the place.

Guest adenurmarita

i really love this debut album >,< my most fave is bounce then hooked and before the song ends .... i just feel so fresh listen that song hahaha,,, made me wanna shake my butt XDDDD JB was so handsome.. and Jr my most fave member,, was so cute >,<

Guest angieecherry
AtT_H8JCEAEsTBO.jpg #10 IS AMAZING... REALLY I LOVE THIS GUYS, AND THIS SONG IS GREAT... VERY COOL AND NICE.AND THE DANCE IS SO CUTE.I LOVE JJ PROJECT.

Guest Yoyo

^ Haha, that was my favorite part of the MV. I have a feeling we'll be seeing that a lot throughout the summer from other artists!

Question,

if I buy the EP on itunes Europe (France to be specific) is it legal? I heard that some other bands had their albums sold illegally by third parties. On the screen it lists JYP Entertainment as having the copyright so I hope it's legit. I did buy Wonder World on itunes and that seemed good. Really want to buy it comes with a digital booklet, want pictures of these cuties.

Welcome to JYP Nation JJ Project.

More on point, can't get 'Bounce' out of my head. And their choreo' is the cutest thing. I think they're gonna win alot of Noona's hearts if they shake it like that. Heheheh. I can see that part of the choreo' becoming very popular and used all over the place.

I'm pretty sure it's legal since JYPE has been advertising iTunes as well and persuading fans to purchase their digital copies from there. If anything, I don't think iTune's is anywhere near the illegal business either.

JJ Project ranks high with their title song “Bounce”

ae6Wg.jpg

JJ Project, the new group from JYP Entertainment, recently made a good start.

The group released their debut single on May 20 and ranked high on several Korean music sites. They ranked 10th on the iTunes Top Dance Albums chart.

Their debut single includes three songs, including, the title song “Bounce,” “Hooked,” and “Before This Song Ends.”

Singer and producer Park Jin Young wrote the melodies and lyrics for the song, which is a hiphoptronica, combined with rock, hip hop and electronica.

A spokesperson for the agency says, “Group members are also happy to hear the news that their song ranked high and ranked 10th on the iTunes chart. They are working hard preparing for their debut performance so please pay a lot of attention to JJ Project.”

JJ Project will appear in the May 24 episode of Mnet’s M Countdown.

source: en.korea

Guest meisk

I found new videos.JJ Project's interviews with Melon and Daum Music.

Melon Interivew

Daum Music

credit: n3ssachanWG/youtube

They're so freaking cute. I love how they make "J" with their hand. Lol at Jr.'s introduction..so cute. :D

Guest newme1

^ they are so cute...

tumblr_m4a9von17s1qb21tfo3_250.gif

tumblr_m4bo85MBiz1qgfzzzo1_1280.jpg

cr:http://braja.tumblr.com/

J Project Debut Stage

May 24 18:00 KST on Mcountdown

May 25 18:10pm KST on Music Bank

May 26 5:15pm KST on MuCore

May 27 3:40pm KST on Inkigayo

So on those Dates and Time were gonna trend #BOUNCEthestage :o Spread the word!

cr @JJ_Facts

[iNFO] "No signs of adding a member, JJ Project is expected to act as a duo in the future" - JJ Project on an Interview w/ Osen.”

"We are not a unit or a project group. The 'project' on our name doesn't mean a member change in the future" - JJ Project”

"There's a tension and pressure ahead of the first stage but with the praises that we received, we felt good. " - JJ Project”

"By just hanging out together, we want to have a stage where we can play" - JJ Project”

credit: via twitter https://twitter.com/#!/JJ_Facts

"DJ INFERNO" tweeted about the MV!

he's a DJ in LAS VEGAS. ouuuu. : )

161gtag.png

cr:stell@hallyu8.com

Guest HyorinLover11

Hey guys ~ random but, my friend and her friend had started a Korea related

blog I think yesterday haha ; I thought you would enjoy reading or following or something ;

they worked hard on it, I know that ! http://korea-isthenewblack.blogspot.com/ < and they

did a JJ Project review... I definatly agreed with the Bang and Zelo comparisons.

Guest Yoyo

Thanks for all the information shared!

Hm, I'm not sure if it's only me but my browser is detecting 'malware' from this thread and it warned me not to proceed to the next page. It usually happens when images with daum, naver or nate are hotlinked. I was just wondering if we could all refrain from hotlinking? Thanks a lot in advance.

Anyways, I found more photos,

EJg8s.jpg

aRnhJ.jpg

8Jayx.jpg

cxJph.jpg

5RMxT.jpg

iFtAN.jpg

TxVEb.jpg

RFlm3.jpg

za1pG.jpg

tZKpn.jpg

QJ6zI.jpg

8uBAA.jpg

credits as tagged

Guest kiwiflavouring

Just saw they ranked on the French itunes chart, so it must be pretty legit to buy it. Thanks Yoyo!

Two interveiws and a couple of photoshoots already, they are keeping the JYPE babies busy. Poor guys, neither 2AM, 2PM, nor Miss A got called the babies of JYPE, but I got a feeling these guys are going to be the 'babies' for a long time.

I read someone commented that out all the JYP Nation groups these guys were going to handle the swag, I guess that's right. Loving their electro-rock-and everything else style.

Bring on the 24th.

Guest newme1

Hm, I'm not sure if it's only me but my browser is detecting 'malware' from this thread and it warned me not to proceed to the next page. It usually happens when images with daum, naver or nate are hotlinked. I was just wondering if we could all refrain from hotlinking? Thanks a lot in advance.

FYI, I don't encounter this problem..

if anyone want to know eng translation for their other song, please click

JJ Project Hooked [Eng Sub + Romanization + Hangul] HD

JJ Project Ft Suzy Before This Song Ends [Eng Sub + Rom + Han] HD

cr:Loveekoreanmusic2@youtube

Guest Yoyo

^ Hm, really? Then I guess it's just because I'm using Google Chrome. Hahas. Oh well, anyways, here's an article

TV Daily interviews rising rookie group JJ Project

mDex5.jpg

After making a strong debut on Dream High 2 and with their debut album, ‘BOUNCE‘, JJ Project is jam-packed with skills acquired through JYPE’s long practice hours and rigorous training.

JB (Lim Jae Beom, 19), and Jr. (Park Jin Young, 19) were the winners of the 5th JYPE Audition back in 2009. But with their skills and idol-like images, the duo were already being recognized and garnered a tight fan-base even before their debut.

Jr., the younger one of the group commented,”In 2009, during summer break, we auditioned for the 5th JYPE Audition. Me and JB hyung auditioned together and placed 1st. And from then, hyung and I officially started getting trained and working as singers.”

Even as a rookie, Jr. showed phenomenal acting skills in Dream High 2, playing a lovable character with a southern Korean accent. In addition, his dancing skills caught the public’s eye during Dream High 2. Even After School‘s dancing machine leader, Kahi, admitted that she fell in love with Jr.’s dancing.

JB, the older of the group said, “[since the audition,] we took language and dancing lessons for 2 years. We’re learning Japanese and Chinese, but I don’t think we are up to a high level yet. I think we need to work on it a bit more since the words are so foreign to us.”

From the start, JB and Jr. bears the burden of having the same names as the legendary singer, Lim Jae Beom, and a singer-producer, Park Jin Young. And because of that, the public are expecting great things to happen in the near future.

“There is no meaning behind it. Our real names are Park Jin Young and Lim Jae Beom. But since we are rookies, we won’t have our own original colors. So we just combined our first initials, J and J,” JB said.

Jr. added, “You can think of us as like a continuously evolving project team rather than a unit team. Being given the same names as legends can be considered as a fate or homework. We have to work harder if we want to live up to the name. It’s intimidating, but I want to grow and become like J.Y. Park and Lim Jae Beom.”

JB revealed that many successful artistis and groups of JYPE were the biggest supporters and promoters for the JJ Project. Not only did CEO JYP give advice, but artists such as Se7en*, 2PM, 2AM, MissA, and Wonder Girls passed on their share of experience and knowledge to the rookie duo.

He commented, “The seniors taught us a lot. As singers, and even as life mentors, they gave us a lot of advices. I think 2PM’s Junho hyung and Taekyeon hyung worries the most. So I think we have to work harder”

source: 1

Archived