SOOMPI FASHION KING & QUEEN - Online Style Competition [Anddd the winners are~?!]

Guest PDURRR

Guest PDURRR

tumblr_m2i6poUt6E1r9g6oyo1_1280.jpg
Hello all Soompi boys and girls! Soompi Fashion King and Queen is a fashion contest dedicated to finding Soompi’s most fashionable boy and girl. In the past fashion contests have been held by Soompi members and they’ve turned out to be really  enjoyable. What better way than to continue that tradition? This time, we are naming it after the SBS's new drama Fashion King 패션왕 (starring Yoo In Ah, Shin Se Kyung, Lee Je Hoon, and SNSD's Yuri)! Do you have what it takes to be Soompi's Fashion King or Queen? Here are the details!

Eligibility:
The contest is open to any Soompi member of any age, gender, ethnicity, etc.

Duration:
The contest is scheduled to run until early to mid June 2012. Please make sure you will be available during this time if you plan on entering the contest.

Contest Format:
Registration is due May 9th, 2012 (11:59 PST).
There will be four themed elimination rounds. Remaining participants will
submit a photo based on each round’s theme to further advance towards becoming Soompi’s Fashion King or Queen.
One boy and girl winner will be announced after round four.

Judging:
Advancement to the next round will be based on 40% member votes (on the forum) and 60% Soompi staff votes. This is to ensure that voting is not based on popularity, physical attractiveness (e.g. ulzzang contest), etc. but on the actual fashion itself. Judging will last for about a week.

Prizes:
$50 Giftcard to Amazon or iTunes

If there are any questions, feel free to post here!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PDURRR

Round One
Theme: Personal style For this round we’re starting it off simple. Show us what you normally wear!

To see the contestants for this round, click here for the girls and here for the boys.

Round One Results
Top 20 Girls (Random Order)
BingBong_514 (6)
seunghaeee (17)
bbfanbells (19)
nobody knows (4)
Ais.Six (13)
jho.co.pie (14)
kellytrann (20)
chindayy (21)
Agentdevil5656 (22)
allison1derlnd (23)
jellyace (7)
C-Jay`eZ (9)
Breadful. (24)
Marrehj (11)
onehundredpercentasian (1)
chibi_cupcake (8)
alioum (10)
Choom_Cloud (12)
xx_sunshine_xx (18)
alwayzjjlover (5)

Top 6 Boys (Random Order)
kevin-n (5)
JustMarcus (2)
Japaneasy (4)
tinhieu (6)
jinchilla (3)
azn_boi (7)

*The number in parenthesis correspond to the number given during the voting process*

Round Two
Theme: Night Life
Now that we've seen what you normally wear show us what you would wear on a night out on the town.

To see the contestants for this round, click here.

Round Two Results
Top 8 Girls (Random Order)
jellyace (8)Agentdevil5656 (1) alioum (2) allison1derlnd (3) C-Jay`eZ (7) chindayy (6)
Breadful. (12)bbfanbells (4)
Top 4 Boys (Random Order) azn_boi (6)tinhieu (5)Japaneasy (1)JustMarcus (3)
*The number in parenthesis correspond to the number given during the voting process*

Round Three
Theme It's about 90°F (~32°C) You can only wear 5 items including shoes and accessories. What would they be?
To see the contestants for this round, click here.

Round Two Results
Top 4 Girls (Random Order)
jellyace (8)agentdevil5656 (4)alioum (7)C-Jay`eZ (5)
Top 2 Boys (Random Order)tinhieu (4)JustMarcus (2)

Round Four (final round)
ThemeChannel your fashion icon. In this round you will use a picture of your favorite icon and create a look inspired by that picture and/or their style. The picture used for inspiration must be submitted with your entry. 
Please also answer the following questions and submit it with your photo:Name (Optional): 

How would you describe your style?
What does your clothes mean to you? Who/What is your fashion inspiration? Do you believe that fashion gives you a sense of identity?What was the last thing you bought? What would you never wear?
To vote please click here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These were the scores, and were really close.
Boys tinhieu - 66.5  JustMarcus - 64.6
Girls jellyace - 65 agentdevil5656 - 56.3

And the winners are...
tinhieu and jellyace!!
tumblr_lzhiw2sfFR1qb48jy.gif
To the winners: Please message me your email addresses with which gift card you'd like (Amazon or iTunes) as soon as possible! so that I can then be able to have your gift card sent to you.
*Note: If you're a winner from Australia, we won't be able to present an iTunes gift card because it'll be too difficult to use. (complications were discovered when witchery won our ulzzang contest and we presented a US giftcard while she was located in AUS).
Much apologies!!

To everyone else:
Thank you for participating, voting, and being a part of our online style competition! We, the Soompi staff, hope everyone enjoyed it!!

Hey just a suggestion but how about putting up a banner code for other soompiers to put in their sigs to help you guys advertise the contest too :) I noticed that for Soompi Idol, only a handful of mods had it in their sig.. I'm sure if there were banner codes other Soompiers can help spread the world to the rest of the "population" lol ^ ^

As for getting guys to join.. I suggest posting in the WDYWT thread :D lots of guys with good style in there that already post their OOTD pics frequently :D plus there's loads of posters in that thread with great fashion sense.. would be awesome to see them participate in this (:

Guest onehundredpercentasian

I just sent in my App.  

I was wondering, are we going to have to constantly PM the Judges before the photos are posted up? 

EDITED

YAY! TOP PAGE 2! :)

Guest onehundredpercentasian

what's the prize?

i'm not entering, i just wanna know. haha.

Well it said that the prize is: $50 Amazon or iTunes Giftcard.

They informed it at the bottom on their 2nd POST.

Guest Choom_Cloud

First ever post! I have to admit, I finally registered and made an account here in SOOMPI just to join this competition LOL.

Been just lurking in the forums for the past weeks hahaha

Good luck to all contestants~

:w00t:

Archived