Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Drama 2012] BIG 빅

Replies

• the girl who!the girl who! goddess Min Jung ♥ PeruPosts: 31,010Member

IMMORTAL

edited July 2012
    "Big" 19-year-old Gong Yoo kisses Lee Min Jung

Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung found love for each other at last.

Kyeong-joon (Yoon-jae/ Gong Yoo) and Da-ran (Lee Min Jung) shared a romantic kiss.

Da-ran carved his initials on a watch for his birthday and waited for him with the ring he gave her off her finger. Se-yeong (Jang Hee-jin) suspected she was having an affair. She found Kyeong-joon and said that she saw Da-ran buy a gift for a man and the initials weren't Yoon-jae's.

She continued, "She took off her ring while waiting. My friend says that's a case of having an affair. She was so happy while waiting but so sad when she had to go back without meeting him. According to your mom she wished you were how you were before and she said she was having a tough time but I guess it's because she likes someone else".

At those words, Kyeong-joon realized it was him that she liked as he was using Yoon-jae's body. He went to see her and asked, "Hey were you so upset because you like somebody else? Are his initials KKJ for Kang Kyeong joon?"

He locked his fingers in hers and said, "You've crossed a sea you shouldn't have and what are you going to do now?" as he leaned in to kiss her but she didn't resist.

Source : Hancinema
    Jung Woo International [ Site - FB - TW - YT ]  Lee Min Jung International [ Blog - FB - TW - YT]
    samgirlNayanisHueee
  • maria_m2memaria_m2me Posts: 263Member

SUPERSTAR

term wrote: »
    Ooo so I have some crazy ideas about the show YJ is actually dead. Like KJ's body is laying there fine but it's without a soul... and KJ goes back and forth between two bodies. I mean YJ you never see YJ come back to his own body at all when KJ is seen going back to his. Plus, YJ was sick as a kid, he was meant to die but his parents played god and made a baby to save him. After they finished using the baby they ditched it to the surrogate mom. It's only fitting that their selfish actions come back to bite them in the butt since the son they abandoned is living as the son they saved. I come up with crazy scenarios like these all the time. Hehehehe. <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I feel like this may very well be what has happened.  That would explain why Yoon Jae's soul hasn't made a post-accident appearance as of yet.<br />
    TOTALLY WILD THEORY TIME!!!  I like this Yoon-Jae-is-dead scenario because it means that Kyung Joon would have access to two bodies in the final episodes, which would certainly involve very compelling choices, risks, and conflicts. I think that the immense hurt Kyung Joon will feel when he realizes why he was created could be partially healed by him making a similar choice as his biological parents to allow his Kyung Joon body to die in order to provide the parts necessary for fixing Yoon Jae's body (in which he will go back to live out the rest of his days).  Switching between the bodies would be painful, enormously risky, and a bit crazy, but if Kyung Joon recognizes the act of allowing his young body to die as an adult sacrifice that's part of the pain of growing up, it would really fit with the theme of the show .<br />
    Knowing that we're dealing with the Hong Sisters, the teenage body (Kyung Joon) and man body (Yoon Jae) must be metaphors for the sometimes painful and strange process of growing up.  In that case, Kyung Joon's idea that he and Yoon Jae would or might switch back could be a metaphor for the part-child-part-adult stage of life in which Kyung Joon seems to be.  More and more Kyung Joon has transitioned into full adulthood, and less and less he falls back on his earlier man-child behavior.  The thought of Kyung Joon willingly closing the door on his adolescence forever by allowing his teenage body to die in order to live as an adult twists my heart because it seems so true to the characters and the show: this is a show about growing up and becoming an adult even if it hurts.

My friend, i just thought like what you thought after watched episode 12.. YJ needs KJ again, maybe YJ already knew about his disease before. So YJ's soul thought that he has died.. IT"S ONLY MY OPINION...
    But I keep one question in my mind. Why KJ's soul back to his body while his parents, YJ's dad and mom, was at hospital to seek KJ's body?? The one and only answer in my mind >> YJ's soul knew that he almost died, so he need his little brother, so KJ can be with mom and dad after YJ die... 
    Ahhhh, actually all, are pure in my mind, my opinion. How about you, gals..
    Truthly i wanna Monday come faster.. I need episode 13.. Please... ^_^

IMMORTAL

'Big' Dinner Time, Gong Yoo-Lee Min Jung Look Like a Real Couple

A picture of staff members and actors of "Big" having a dinner was revealed.

In recent online community, the meal time picture of KBS drama "Big" members was posted.

The picture was from Choi Ran's twitter from May 24, and back then, Choi Ran tweeted, "Chinese restaurant in Jinchun, 'Big' filming team having dinner. My husband is buying."

Choi Ran also said, "Lee Min Jung sitting in front of me asked, 'How do you two live so happily for so long?' I endure for this happiness. My husband says he endures more. You're right. Both the husband and the wife have to understand and endure."

In the picture, the actors and staff members of "Big" are sitting in a Chinese restaurant, eating noodles. Baek Sung Hyun, Lee Min Jung, and Gong Yoo are sitting next to each other, but only Gong Yoo is wearing a red apron.

Source : Kpopstarz 

‘Big’ Production Outing, Coke Instead Of Alcohol ‘Lee Min Jung – Gong Yoo Joined At The Hip’

The pictures of ‘Big’ production outing was uploaded.

The drama team of ‘Big’ showed a very family like dinner outing in the picture and the public has been commenting “‘Big’ team you guys look so happy.” , “Drama is fun, the actors are close in real life, so cute.” , “Yup even if you guys are busy, you guys should have an outing! It’s necessary!” , ” Suzy should’ve been there.” , “It doesn’t look like they are eating something big and fancy” , “They probably are having a hard time due to filming, they should eat a lot of meat!” , “These days outings that don’t involve alcohol are being praised!”

The public also commented on the side, “Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung are like joined by the hip!” , “If Gong Yoo wears an apron, it becomes a fashion.” , “The cup hides half of Baek Sung Hyun’s face.” , “Wonder where Suzy is…”

Recently on the online community, this picture was uploaded with the title ‘Big Production Outing.’

In the released picture, it shows the ‘Big’ production staff tired and wary but having a good time all together having dinner.

Source : Korea Portal
    Jung Woo International [ Site - FB - TW - YT ]  Lee Min Jung International [ Blog - FB - TW - YT]
    JilliaHueee
  • IBELISIBELIS Posts: 1,823Member

SUPERSTAR

I will start by saying I don't believe that YJ is dead, KJ stated in the first episode that YJ soul pushed him out of his body that is why he went into YJ body. KJ had lived his whole life not knowing why he was born or that he had family. His father clearly loves him but went along with his wife choice to abandon him. We also know that somehow YJ found out about him and was looking for him

The comment the teacher made last week about a child saving a child but there would have to be a sacrifice. I think DR will be the sacrifice. If they both survive how could the pick DR over the brother and family they have just found? If YJ dies and KJ is back in his own body could he look at DR the same way. I personally don't like DR, she is to fickle in her love for my taste, first she was in love with YJ, she knew about the switch from the start but did she try to stay by YJ, care for him, look out for him No. As long as she had KJ looking like YJ she was as happy as a pig in slop, didn't have a passing thought for the real YJ. The moment she came to the conclusion that YJ had cheated on her she dumped him, thus no longer having a use for KJ, leaving him to fend for his self.

A year later KJ returns more comfortable in YJ's body, and in a few weeks or months she is in love with KJ. Still being as thoughtless as ever she has watched the pain KJ is in after the soul switch but not once thought that maybe he should have a check up, to see if his body was being harmed in any way. DR's love is a little to shallow and thoughtless for me.

KJ's empty bag said it all.

These brothers need each other and not just to save each other's life in a physical sense. They emotionally need each other. The absences of one from the other has stunted them both.
    I am currently watching

WONDERFUL SEASON,JANG BO RI, , IT'S OK IT'S LOVE,MAMA ,NIGHT WATCHMAN ,FATED TO LOVE YOU,FEEL GOOD DAYS,THE CHOSUN SHOOTER,ENDLESS LOVE,MARRIAGE WITHOUT LOVE
    payelkgirl21
  • cheerfulsohniecheerfulsohnie Posts: 24Member, New Member

ROOKIE

edited July 2012
    After reading so many negatives comments I was afraid that the route of this thread may change or many nice people would abandon the boat ... love to see you all here with positive comments  ^^ 

this drama deserve to be loved , because is a great and touching story ... not the typical plot ... seems like a lot of people want to watch more of the same ( again and again ) , but I'm really grateful towards Hong sisters because for the first time they change their typical scripts and made drama with a interesting and adorable story of love and grow that is driving me crazy xD 

I don't care anymore for this drama haters ( hey, I'm talking about the ones who are really bashing the show , no the ones who are bringing their constructive critiques ) ... since the very begining , this thread was a nice one ... let's continue supporting our amazing cast and our drama ^^ 

BIG ... fighting!!!
    i agree, i absolutely LOVVVVVEEEEEEE this drama.... a story about miracles, love and sacrifice.....not to mention that great KISS scene above, RAWR!!!
    the girl who!
  • JilliaJillia ~*Burning Toast*~ Posts: 8,422Member

IMMORTAL

edited July 2012

I just stumbled over the 10th episodes recap by Koala's Playground and I think she asked a pretty interesting question regarding this poster:

Guess who is not on the poster?

I think no more words are needed. :\">

Obsession:
    무정도시 & 착한남자 & 채기커플 & 문채원 & 정경호
    imageimage
    Banners Credit: yoonghyuun and me
    the girl who!

IMMORTAL

I just stumbled over the 10th episodes recap by Koala's Playground and I think she asked a pretty interesting question regarding this poster:

xDDDDDDDDDD I also read that question ....  and my reaction was :

the same reaction that Min Jung ;))
  • xopo17xopo17 In Oppa Heart :) Posts: 3,563Member

SUPERSTAR

Suzy Participates In ‘Big’ OST

Group miss A member Suzy supports her drama 'Big' by taking part in the original soundtrack.

In addition to acting in KBS's Monday-Tuesday drama, Suzy will sing for the drama's OST as well. On the 9th, 'Big' recorded its highest viewer rating, reflecting the drama's heightening popularity.

To audience's surprise, Suzy's decision to participate in the drama's OST was made abruptly. The song Suzy will sing is based on her character Jang Mari's emotions. The song is currently in the tuning stage and its release date has not been confirmed.

Suzy's previous drama OSTs, including 'Winter Child' of KBS's 'Dream High' and 'Too Much Tears' of MBC's 'Me Too, Flower' have gained much popularity.

According to a representative of OST production, "Suzy, who is currently receiving love for her impressive acting, will show her flexibility as she participates in the drama's OST. The song will serve as lingering imagery as it expresses Jang Mari's true feelings."

'Big' is the romantic comedy of an exciting romance between a successful, engaged man with a teenager's soul and female shoolteacher, starring Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung.

The release date for Suzy's song will be revealed at a later date.

credit: korea.com

^=^  Appa Oediga / DWAWG / Lee Junsu  HOO / MinYuL / Song Jun - BInNie / Chan Hyung ^=^

ad_fa
  • darkstar257darkstar257 Posts: 309Member

SUPERSTAR

edited July 2012

I love the way she grins and the way she rolls her eyes. Just something about it.

• darkstar257darkstar257 Posts: 309Member

SUPERSTAR

edited July 2012
    "Big" 19-year-old Gong Yoo kisses Lee Min Jung

Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung found love for each other at last.

Kyeong-joon (Yoon-jae/ Gong Yoo) and Da-ran (Lee Min Jung) shared a romantic kiss.

Da-ran carved his initials on a watch for his birthday and waited for him with the ring he gave her off her finger. Se-yeong (Jang Hee-jin) suspected she was having an affair. She found Kyeong-joon and said that she saw Da-ran buy a gift for a man and the initials weren't Yoon-jae's.

She continued, "She took off her ring while waiting. My friend says that's a case of having an affair. She was so happy while waiting but so sad when she had to go back without meeting him. According to your mom she wished you were how you were before and she said she was having a tough time but I guess it's because she likes someone else".

At those words, Kyeong-joon realized it was him that she liked as he was using Yoon-jae's body. He went to see her and asked, "Hey were you so upset because you like somebody else? Are his initials KKJ for Kang Kyeong joon?"

He locked his fingers in hers and said, "You've crossed a sea you shouldn't have and what are you going to do now?" as he leaned in to kiss her but she didn't resist.

Source : Hancinema
    So there's the foam kiss of SeGa, fridge kiss from K2H and what do we call this one in Big? "I Don't want you to put on da ring" kiss?

• altinneenaltinneen Posts: 209Member
    Hmm. I find it humorous that people are funding this drama unpredictable. Thus far it has played out exactly like any I drama would.
    1. The initial love relationship is switched. (DR falls out of love with her near perfect bf to fall for a rude prick)
    2. Teacher falls for student
    3. Competing lovers turn out to be long lost brothers.

You could guess ask these outcomes after like the second episode.

Da Ran is a disloyal and unfaithful wench who abandons her fiancé when he is in a coma and then plans to abandon him again when he wakes up. Disgusting
    Jilliaskellyxopo17myphimpayelarinkorinvictoriamai
  • LyrayooLyrayoo fan gal digger Posts: 2,535Moderator

edited July 2012
    oh no take it easy everyone, we're not having a flag contest here or something.same goes with @xopo17 's highlighted post.  we can have a healthy discussion ,whether it's negative or positive. However, we need to consider the choice of words before clicking the POST button. We can't also blame those who express their dissatisfaction, if they have started to follow this drama from the very beginning ( i say even prior to first broadcast). 

im guessing the flashbacks will be at the later episode during KJ being a host in YJ body. KJ as a normal high school kid doesn't know what love means, which he will eventually learn with daran. 

and since this is a soul- jumping -to- another's body -drama : i can't help but to compare the instances to 49days and secret garden , some questions bugged me after the first episode :
    1. where is Yun Jae's soul? it's not like sega where they swapped, right?
    2.and the "tarot" two angels shown with the "miracle " caption, how does it become the cause of the swap? is it because KJ got a hold of it?  
    3.hopefully no brother connection between YJ and KJ, that is so 49days.

I will start by saying I don't believe that YJ is dead, KJ stated in the first episode that YJ soul pushed him out of his body that is why he went into YJ body. KJ had lived his whole life not knowing why he was born or that he had family. His father clearly loves him but went along with his wife choice to abandon him. We also know that somehow YJ found out about him and was looking for him

After episode 12 we saw no YJ manifestation or whatsoever. I was looking for his soul since episode 1 and I can't find him at all in the story. When the switch happened, only KJ body moved. It was unilateral. I was hoping for a YJ reacting to the switch but there's none. so prolly the poster is the answer. Question is, what was his revelation he had to tell with DR in the first place? Is he going to die? Is he sick, a chance of having the cancer to resurface? or is he simply going to the states after he learned about KJ's mom death and him being alone? note that KJ arrival in Korea was unknown, not even Mari. So I presume YJ is about to meet KJ in LA thanks to the professor. The professor did not say anything too. could it be that YJ is aware who is KJ? he could have done a little detective work and he may have known how he would look like before the accident.

One of my biggest disappointment to the Hong's is the loop between KJ and YJ. we were hoping there was no brother relationship but then it ended that way. What cringes me more is the so-called twist (as some may have seen it that way) , where KJ is a surrogate brother to save the other, which is a clear mosaic theme from My Sister's Keeper novel (and movie adaptation). The delivery and execution varied, as how the HS presented it , where the mother is a stoic-one sided selfish mom whose only concern is YJ's. But then again , the bottom line is the same.

We all know that drama Big is based on the hollywood movie Big by Tom Hanks, but I initially dismissed the comparison because  i have faith with the HS. After 12 episodes, i was left hanging in the air. The mystery remains in question. 

It seems like the writers want to imply  the switching of body is caused by the truth to be revealed. as if the surrogate pregnancy must not be revealed at all, or else one disappears. the miracle as an underlying reason to why KJ soul went to YJ body is clear cut indication of what happened in the past. The parents went to see KJ, Kyung Jae went dizzy. Dad went to meet Mari, same thing happened. If HS want it to be their own signature drama , their only resort is to have YJ "dead" from the very beginning. His soul is gone. 

I also wondered after the time jump what if YJ wakes up? The mess is all over the place. One year , and YJ has no idea of what happened to his body. And the shock of him when he realized he was now married and all, with the sole reason that he has amnesia? He doesn't remember? Then when he wakes up, another set of confusion ? Thus my answer is he won't be waking up. 

Title itself would suggest, it's KJ story. Yet Im also considering the ending where KJ will disappear. It's not only a what if presented in every DR-KJ convo, or from Mari's dream. Or someone had mentioned that the ending would be like that of Face Off, where the KJ body disappears and YJ body stays, with a different host. OMO.

About daran..she is not at fault of falling for KJ or choosing KJ in the end and dismiss YJ IF EVER HE WAKES UP. YJ in the first place withheld his dilemma and he only reacted the moment daran questioned him if he loves her. she is naive, childish 26 year old daran.. at this moment on i could not blame her nor i don't feel annoyed anymore mainly because she came from a family who treat her like a baby. Even her dongsaeng. Particularly, that's what i believe had attracted KJ attention. KJ doesn't want to be treated a kid thus daran is simply perfect to suit him (unlike Mari who calls the shots unless KJ disagrees).

aside from Gong Yoo, the prime reason why i boarded this ship was because of the given plot synopsis. and how it will be written. surely, the miracle remains a mystery. so if the Hongs will rely on the miracle book plus the surrogate brother connection as the source of soul switching then this could be my least favorite among their prose. except if the comet butts in again . 

HillaryTnTpayel
  • anaapenasanaapenas Posts: 153Member

I love the way she grins and the way she rolls her eyes. Just something about it.
    Aw she is so cute.  Usually I don’t like the female protagonists but she won my heart. I love the way she talks, her expressions, that cute way she runs. Errr... I better stop now it’s starting to get awkward.
    the girl who!
  • bluewhiteskybluewhitesky Posts: 10Member
    edited July 2012
    Hello i am new here :)

I started this drama yesterday and i reached ep. 12. it's so addictive!

I am pretty positive that nothing bad will happen to KJ and he ll be together with DR in the end

but

Do you think KJ will return to his body or stay in YJ's ??
    I desperately want him to return to his own body...
    While reading previous posts there were mentions of how it will not be socially accepted in Korea
    and he will most probably stay in YJ's body in the end.
    But dont you think KJ deserves to live on his own body 
    they make a cuter couple ... plus it feels ... RIGHT
    having a constant reminder of your ex... isn't it awkward?
    the girl who!soompigalz
  • timpatimpa Posts: 838Member

IDOL

While I am happy that DR is choosing/leaning towards KJ I just don't see how DR/KJ with it being revealed that KJ/YJ are brothers can work. She's married to YJ. She's not going to look very good if she then gets together with the 19 year old brother of her "ex-husband". Even if it's because her "ex-husband" got sick and lost all his memories of the past year (from the perspective of other people since only Jang Mari knows YJ has been lying in a coma for the past year).

To her friends and family and the outside world it would be DR leaving her husband for his much younger brother... Who she only knew for an extremely short time (couple of days?) before he ended up in a coma for 1 year.

So if KJ ends up back in his own body to end up with DR it's probably going to require another time jump just to make it more credible and even then there will always be lingering problems. YJ's parents must think she's just a gold-digger after any of their 'kids' who would have her.

It makes me wonder if YJ is dead. While we've seen KJ pop back into his own body, we've never seen YJ pop back into his own body when KJ goes there. It appears that KJ's body is just an empty shell. If that is the case I wonder if KJ would actually give up his own body and a big chunk of his lifespan due to the age difference between KJ and YJ just to remain in YJ's body and be with DR and make things more acceptable for her... and if he let his own body die after using it to heal YJ's body again what's to say he won't die in another 17 or 18 years if the disease comes back and "YJ" no longer has the cells of KJ to heal him.

soompigalz

IMMORTAL

16 faces of Choong Shik Choong Shik  ;)) ;)) ;)) he's just epic xD I love him <3

Source : Newsen
    bluewhiteskyHueeeWats my name?ad_fa
  • mcramseymcramsey ♥ 최혜진 [Choi Hye-jin ] ♥ Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.Posts: 433Member
    edited July 2012

user posted image

Lol'ed

user posted image

'That's it Suzy, run to me...'
    smilie

user posted image

user posted image
    Please kindly read the signature rules.

DrFarra
  • katkat88katkat88 Posts: 666Member

SUPERSTAR

Just watched Episode 12 and for the first time, I don't find Mari annoying in this episode.  In fact, I love her in this episode and I  realize that she's not really that selfish and she truly cares for KJ. :)

mcramsey
  • soompigalzsoompigalz Posts: 1,631Member

SUPERSTAR

edited July 2012
    Gosh theres so many possibility for the ending of this drama that i wish they could just make diff kind of version of it so everyone will be satisfied with they own preferred ending.