[Drama 2012] Queen In-hyun’s Man 인현왕후의 남자

Guest Iviih

Guest Iviih

Queen In-hyun's Man(인현왕후의 남자)
“So the real fantasy in this drama is not the talisman or the time-slip but the absolutely perfect man named Kim Boong-Do.”

- writer Song Jae Jung 

20120328yooinnaqueeninh.jpg

Title: Queen In-Hyun’s Man KoreanTitle: 인현왕후의 남자 Japanese Title : 仁顯王妃の男
Chinese Title: 仁顯王后的男人International Title : Queen and I  Genre: Romance & Comedy Broadcast Network: tvN Episodes: 16 Air Time: Wed. & Thur.23:00 Broadcast Period: April 18, 2012 to ? PD: Kim Byung-Soo Writer: Song Jae-Jeong Cast: Ji Hyun-Woo; Yoo In-Na; Kim Jin-Woo; Jin Ye-sol; Park Young-rin
Official Site : CJnDrama

Synopsis

Queen In Hyun's Man is about a desirable bachelor and respected scholar Kim Boong Do (Ji Hyun Woo)'s time-warping experience from the Joseon era (17th century) to 2012. During his journey, Kim Boong Do falls in love with Choi Hee Jin (Yoo In Na), who plays the role of Queen In Hyun for a TV drama.
Main Cast

kingsarng20120328017.jpg
Yoo In-Na as Choi Hee-jin

Yoo In Na’s character is Choi Hee-jin, who’s five years into her debut and still a no-name actress. Thanks to the first love who ditched her, Hee-jin gets cast in the role of Queen In-hyunin the TV drama New Jang Heebin and starts to rise in fame… and just as she’s on the cusp of breaking through to being a top star, she meets Kim Boong-do (JiHyun-woo), the time traveler from 300 years ago.

kingsarng20120328003.jpg
Ji Hyun-woo as Kim Boong-do

An upright Confucian scholar from the Joseon era, whose family falls victim to a conspiracy and is killed. He’s the sole survivor and a supporter of Queen In-hyun, who has fallen out of power. In the midst of plotting to restore her to power, he gets the time-swap to 2012. There, our hero meets Choi Hee-jin, an actress playing the role of In-hyun in a drama titled Jang Hee-bin.

dongmi1.jpg
Kim Jin-woo as Dong-min

He’ll play Choi Hee Jin (Yoo InNa)’s ex-boyfriend and current Hallyu star Han Dong-min. Dong-min is a playboy character with a list of romantic scandals a mile long, with lots of other celebs from the acting and pop music worlds. He plays the king, Sukjong, in theTV drama ''New Jang Heebinn''. Naturally things are a little weird when the womanizing actor is paired with the girlfriend he dumped, Choi Hee Jin, when she’s cast as Queen In-hyun.

kingsarng20120328023.jpg
Jin Ye-sol as Yoon-wol

She will play Choi Hee Jin's rival for Kim Boong Do (Ji Hyun-woo)'s affections. Her character comes from the Joseon era and starts out as a household slave to anobleman's family, who loves Kim Boong Do (Ji Hyun-woo) from afar. After his family is wiped out in a conspiracy, she runs away and turns to an entertainer's life. She is described as a gisaeng who watched Kim Boong Do (JiHyun-woo) travelling back and forth between the two times. Since Kim Boong Dobegins falling for Choi Hee Jin in the 21st century, the gisaeng can't help but feels jealous of her…

(Characters' description from dramabeans)

Other Supporting Casts(from Dramahaven)
Ga Deuk Hi (가득히) as Jo Soo Kyung (조수경)
Park Young Rin (박영린) as Yoon Na Jung (윤나정)
Jo Dal Hwan (조달환) as Chun Soo (천수)
Uhm Hyo Sup (엄효섭) as Min Am (민암)
Lee Kwan Hoon (이관훈) as Ja Soo (자수)
Ji Nam Hyuk (지남혁) as Han Dong (한동)
Seo Woo Jin (서우진) as King Sukjong (숙종)
Kim Hae In (김해인) as Queen In Hyun (인현왕후)
Choi Woo Ri (최우리) as Jang Hee Bin (희빈 장씨)
Kim Won Hae (김원해) as Officer Hong (홍내관)
Kim Kyul (김결) as Young Myung (영명)

Correlation Chartimgrelation1.jpg

Videos   

Press Conference

Queen In-Hyun's man OST

1. You’ve Come - Kim Soo Jung

2. I’m Coming To See You-Deok Hwan

3. You’ve Come - Kim Soo Jung

4. I’m Coming To See You(Inst.)

Part 1: Deok Hwan - I'm Coming to See You

Part 1: Kim So Jung - It's You/You've Come

1. Just Once - Young Jae (4 MEN)

2. Just Once- Instrumental

Part 2: 

1. Same Sky Different Time (8Eight)

2. Same Sky Different Time (8Eight)-Instrumental

Part 3: 

01. 인현왕후의 남자  - Queen In Hyun’s Man 02. 같은 하늘 다른 시간에 주희 (8Eight) - Same Sky Different Time03. 꼭 한번 영재 (4Men)  - Just Once04. 그대가 왔죠 김소정 - You’ve Come05. 지금 만나러 갑니다 덕환  - I’m Coming to See You 06. 시간을 넘어   - Beyond Time07. 같은 하늘 다른 시간에 (Inst.)   - Same Sky Different Time Inst.08. 꼭 한번 (Inst.)   - Just Once Inst09. 내 남자, 김붕도   - My Man, Kim Boong-do10. 같은 하늘 다른 시간에 (Music Video)  - Same Sky Different Time Music Video

Purchase at YES ASIA 

294975_328957053843370_1311824329_n.jpg546198_328957017176707_303547331_n.jpg
Ji Hyun Woo Official Soompi ThreadYoo In Na Official Soompi Thread ~Yoo In Na and Ji Hyun Woo couple thread~
News and information
Ji Hyun-woo headlines another time-traveling fantasy drama Yoo Inna joins fantasy romance Queen In-hyun’s Man Queen In-hyun’s Man releases romantic promos Upcoming Time Travel K-drama with Ji Hyun Woo and Yoo In Na Releases Stunning Teasers Poster Stills for "Queen In Hyun's Man" Revealed Yoo In Na's New Drama "Queen In Hyun's Man" Reveals Teaser Videos Queen In-hyun’s Man casts rivals, releases stills Yoo In Na and Ji Hyun Woo on the Set of "Queen In Hyun's Man" New still cuts of Yoo In Na and Ji Hyun Woo falling in love on ‘Queen Inhyun’s Man’ revealed Yoo In Na Stuns in Hanbok Still cut of Yoo In Na & Ji Hyun Woo’s romantic Gwanghwamun kiss scene revealed Ji Hyun Woo and Yoo In Na Lock Lips in Front of Gwanghwamun Queen In-hyun’s Man’s additional stills and teasers ‘Superstar K2′s Kim So Jung & Deok Hwan sing for ‘Queen Inhyun’s Man’ OST
Ji Hyun Woo & Yoo In Na NG 10 Times in Kiss Scene with 22cm Height Difference
Ji Hyun Woo 9-Head Body is ‘Eye Candy’
Ji Hyun Woo & Yoo In Na Stage Sweet Yet Exciting Car Kiss
Queen Inhyun’s Man PD: Ji Hyun Woo & Yoo In Na Like Actual Lover
Yoo In Na: Endless Possibilities to Become Lover with Ji Hyun Woo
Queen In-Hyun’s Man Sold Media Rights to NHK Japan
Wet Yoo In Na Adds Luster and Sexiness to Beauty
Director Kim Byung Soo: I Came Up with Tiptoe Kiss Idea On the SpotTiptoe Kiss is the Most Exciting Love Scene in Queen Inhyun’s ManJi Hyun Woo Turns Into Crew After Completed FilmingGag Order for tvN’s Queen In-Hyun’s Man Ahead of Grand FinaleJi Hyun Woo & Yoo In Na Unwilling to Part with Queen In-Hyun’s ManJi Hyun Woo Bombshell Confession: I Really Like Yoo In NaQIHM Writer’s Letter to Fans'Queen In Hyun’s Man’ to Officially Release DVD Yoo In Na-Ji Hyun Woo’s Drama Kiss Scene Voted Best Drama Kiss Scene    The Ultra-Adorable Moments of ‘Queen In Hyun’s Man’

kkjp.jpg

Ratings
Episode 1-2 1.62%
Episode 3 - no related article
Episode 4-only real time ratings 1.62 %
Episode 5-2 % real time high 3.24 %
Episode 6- no related article
Episode 7- 2.36 %
Episode 8-no related article
Episode 9- 1 % 1.36 real time high 
Episode 10-no related articleEpisode 11-1.37 % real time high 2.25 % Episode 12-no related articleEpisode 13-1.37 % Real time high 2 % Episode 14-1.48 % Episode 15-1.1 % real time high 3.6%Episode 16-1.6 % real time  high 2.1

Episodes 1-16: Almost all episodes got over 1%*(*For cable dramas over 1% is considered pretty good rating, so it was a sucess)

Blog Recaps/Reviews/Thoughts

Dangermousie    1 l 2 - 4 l 5-7 l
Dramabeans        1 l 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 67 l 8 l 9 l 10 l 11 l 12 l 13 l 14 l 15 l 16 l
Dramatalk             1 l 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 l 9 l 10 l 11 l 12 l 13 l 14 l 15 l 16
Ethlenn                  1 
Joonni  
                7 l 8 l 9 l 10 l 11 l 12 l 13 l 14 l 15 l 16 l
Mookiehyun        1-8
Must Have Subs 1-2 | 3-4 Ockoala                1-8 | 11
Rasmailawin        8 l 910 l 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16
Thundie                First episodes

Links 
QHIM TumblrQHIM FacebookRedpinkboxesDramahavenVideo Streaming : VIKI thread moderator : @lyra_brillantez

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kayana20

You officially just made my day! I have been stalking this forum waiting for this drama thread . I am super excited because Ji Hyun woo is back on tv and he can hopefully redeem himself in his fans eyes for the last 20 episodes of the show we never want to speak of. I hope his chemistry with Yoo In Na is sizzling because the 2 posters and preview clip keep teasing us that it is.I just am worried because it premieres April 18 and isn't that a Wednesday/ Thursday? It's going to be tough because RoofTop Prince and K2h are everyone's crack drama's right now. Maybe it can edge Equator Man out. We shall see. I will watch though since I stream.

Guest Iviih

You officially just made my day! I have been stalking this forum waiting for this drama thread . I am super excited because Ji Hyun woo is back on tv and he can hopefully redeem himself in his fans eyes for the last 20 episodes of the show we never want to speak of. I hope his chemistry with Yoo  In Na is sizzling because the 2 posters and preview clip keep teasing us that it is.I just am worried because it premieres April 18 and isn't that a Wednesday/ Thursday? It's going to be tough because RoofTop Prince and K2h are  everyone's crack drama's right now. Maybe it can edge Equator Man out. We shall see. I will watch though since I stream.

You are welcome, I also was searching for this thread, and was surprised that nobody created it.  

Well, about Thousand Kisses I just watched until episode 20... but I heard about what happened with Ji Hyun Woo's character so I think it's better not finish that drama. lol 

I think they will have chemistry - well, they look cute together!

See these pictures:

art_1333722156.jpg

art_1333722166.jpg

art_1333722178.jpg

Ps: One thing that made me a bit off. In a lot of stills he is using this same hat ( in the modern days).

Don't tell me he'll always wear it?

Bless you, Iviih! I've been waiting for weeks for someone to open this thread! You were right to drop ATK when you did (I wish I had) Ji Hyun Woo's character was completely demolished in that one. (LOL) I love that he's paired up here with someone closer to his own age too, most of his leading ladies are much older. I can't help myself, when he smiles - I break into a big 'ole grin. *hee* 

I'm excited to see Yoo In Na's first leading role too, she was great in Greatest Love and Secret Garden! w00t.gif Thank you! Now the question becomes how will I fit this one into an already packed drama watching schedule? crazy.gif laugh.gif 

Guest kayana20

You are welcome, I also was searching for this thread, and was surprised that nobody created it.  

Well, about Thousand Kisses I just watched until episode 20... but I heard about what happened with Ji Hyun Woo's character so I think it's better not finish that drama. lol 

I think they will have chemistry - well, they look cute together!

See these pictures:

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Ps: One thing that made me a bit off. In a lot of stills he is using this same hat ( in the modern days).

Don't tell me he'll always wear it?

He looks sexy with and without the cap either way doesn't bother me and wow yes their chemistry looks like a spark with the pictures.I was the only sucker who had hope until Ep 46 let me see the light.And the ending what I was so angry at that 1 sec rebeginning. It made no sense without her son. You got lucky you left when you did.

Bless you, Iviih! I've been waiting for weeks for someone to open this thread! You were right to drop ATK when you did (I wish I had) Ji Hyun Woo's character was completely demolished in that one. (LOL) I love that he's paired up here with someone closer to his own age too, most of his leading ladies are much older. I can't help myself, when he smiles - I break into a big 'ole grin. *hee* 

I'm excited to see Yoo In Na's first leading role too, she was great in Greatest Love and Secret Garden! *quoted image* Thank you! Now the question becomes how will I fit this one into an already packed drama watching schedule? *quoted image* *quoted image* 

She is funny so I am excited too and you got your wish answered someone opened the thread. I guess I better learn how to post pictures on the thread so when spoilers and reviews come up.I don't mind if his leading ladies are older or younger he just needs a good script and drama with writers who don't stall in writing an amazing storyline.Back off the grin it's mine but I hope we get a half-naked scene too.I just love him! Fighting for Yoo In Na I hope she rocks this drama and just let it be packed. I feel a whole lot of laughing for the next 2 months for us and crying too.

Guest timpa

I had heard there was time travel, but wow that description sounds crazy. Yoo In Na is playing Queen In Hyun in a tv show while Ji Hyun Woo travels "apparently regularly" back and forth between the reign of the real Queen In Hyun and the present.

Time-travel seems to be the hot plot device this year... really happy to see Yoo In Na get a lead role. Sounds like she could see a bit of herself in the character she is playing.

Guest Heart.And.Soul

Yay! Happy to see a thread for this drama! I am really looking forward to watching, I think that it will be really cute! :) 

Guest Starlitelet

The story sounds interesting. I'm not too excited for the cast, then again... I don't know too much about them. I've only watched a couple of their dramas where perhaps they just didn't shine (for me).

I'm liking this whole time-warping business ... first it was RTP and now Queen In-hyun's Man ^^! I'd like to see how this story and their characters fare. I think I just have thing for time-traveling dramas/movies. 

By the way, is this Yoo In-Na's first main role? I've only seen her in Secret Garden and The Greatest Love. Oh yes, I've also only seen Ji Hyun-Woo from Over the Rainbow. They didn't really stand out in those dramas for me. I mean, I liked Yoo In-Na in Secret Garden, but she wasn't anything like "WOW".

Guest Starlitelet

Same here regarding the cast but I will give it a try... not because the trailers were soooo good but the story sounds interesting.

And I hope the time travelling stuff will turn out different then in RTP or in the the upcoming drama Dr. Time-Slip (or whatever).

Wait, what?!? There's another drama with some time traveler dude/dudette? Wow, talk about all of them having the same/similar ideas at the same time - haha. How convenient ... or maybe not.

Anyway, I have a soft spot for these kinds of dramas, so I'll give them all a chance ^^.

Oh yeah! Now I remember... Dr.Jin is with Song Seung Hun eh? I didn't know it's also about someone traveling back/forth in time. Hmm... interesting.

Guest VilaVilli

Wait, what?!? There's another drama with some time traveler dude/dudette? Wow, talk about all of them having the same/similar ideas at the same time - haha. How convenient ... or maybe not.

Anyway, I have a soft spot for these kinds of dramas, so I'll give them all a chance ^^.

Oh yeah! Now I remember... Dr.Jin is with Song Seung Hun eh? I didn't know it's also about someone traveling back/forth in time. Hmm... interesting.

Yeah, apparently it's the year of time travelling in k-dramaland... And the title doesn't sound very original :P. But since this drama has Ji Hyun Woo as the male lead I'm on board.

Guest kayana20

I just wanna see the walk on the han River it's the spot destined for lovers and yes Ji Hyun Woo is back on our tv in 2 weeks. Can they please release some more spoilers I want to see more of the show already. The crazy thing is that week is packed with climax episodes. I will not be sleeping at all during this premiere week.

Guest Iviih

I saw the new teaser and I'm excited! Kyaah!

Softy translated the teaser: 

Choi Hee Jin (Yoo In Na) says ''I am not jaejin from long ago'' A guy says something.

Hee Jin asks Boong Do ''you can go back in time with this?''

She walks away wondering why Dong Min (her ex-boyfriend) smiled.

Kim Boong Do (Ji Hyun Woo) says ''this seems like fate.''

She reads her line (from her sageuk drama) to Dong Min  ''Am a sinner/criminal your majesty''

The other woman says to Hee Jin ''you annoy me cuz you are dumb.''

Hee Jin and Boong Do kiss and he asks Hee Jin ''Is this how you say farewell (goodbye) here?'' (LOL)

I think In Na will do well. Give her a chance people, and they look so cute together!

Guest Iviih

Official characters Stills:

Yoo In-Na  Choi Hee-jin: 

kingsarng_20120328_014.jpgkingsarng_20120328_015.jpg

kingsarng_20120328_016.jpg

kingsarng_20120328_017.jpg

kingsarng_20120328_019.jpg

kingsarng_20120328_020.jpg

kingsarng_20120328_021.jpg

Ji Hyun-woo as Kim Boong-do

kingsarng_20120328_009.jpg

kingsarng_20120328_008.jpg