Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Birth control question

h3adl0ckh3adl0ck Posts: 38Member
Basically I forgot to fulfill my BCP prescription (Trivora - Triphasic) until today which means I will most likely not be getting my pills until sometime mid next week or beginning of the week after.

I'm a sunday starter and in the midst of the faux-period (placebo pill week). I'm supposed to be starting my new pack on Sunday (4/08) which doesn't sound like it is going to happen.

Starting my pack a week late (4/15) is an option but I really don't want to deal with my cycle changing.

The other option to keep my cycle the same is use old birth control (Avianne - Monophasic) I saved (I stopped it because it was making me a cranky girl) and use that for a month and start my usual brand next month.

I'm just wondering if my old birth control (which is not expired) will mess up my body. I'm fine with not doing the deed with boyfriend for 2 weeks because of the pills but I really don't want my cycle to change.

Replies

• SearesrayneSearesrayne yay areaPosts: 913Member

IDOL

being one week off isn't going to totally mess up your period,and i'm not sure if both those pills have the same active ingredient... if not then just wait for your new pack. because one time I switch off to a new kind of bc pill and that jacked up my cycle for the month. D= So yeah I just wait until new pack
  • Ms--PiggyMs--Piggy Posts: 9Member, New Member
    i skipped one week of birth control and it did mess up my cycle. 

my period would fall like, monday-thurs?  but when i skipped one week of bc, my period changed from like wed-sun/mon.   my friend had the same thing happen to her too. 

it sounds risky to use the extra birth control though.  i would honestly wait for ur prescrption...
  • TVBuddyTVBuddy Posts: 2,395Member

IDOL

Ask your pharmacist. Don't take it until you ask your pharmacist.
     I took a dump five minutes ago, my Richard Simmons is still not wiped yet, you're welcome to give it a smooch.
  • laguy823laguy823 Posts: 4New Member
    Searesrayne wrote on 05 April 2012 - 07:36 PM:

being one week off isn't going to totally mess up your period,and i'm not sure if both those pills have the same active ingredient... if not then just wait for your new pack. because one time I switch off to a new kind of bc pill and that jacked up my cycle for the month. D=  So yeah I just wait until new pack

I agree!