Turn off Iphone 4 text message swoosh sound

Guest darknight

Guest darknight

this annoys me a lot
Hello,

Does anyone here know how to turn off the swoosh sound when you send text message on Iphone 4? I tried everything to turn the sound off but I can't, unless I put my phone on silent by switch the button on the side of the phone to orange then it's off, but then again the ringtone also off too... I only want the swoosh sound to go off . Please help me! I have the updated version iOS5.1

Guest echoism

You probably won't be able to get rid of the sound unless you jailbreak your phone and replace the sound file.

• 1 month later...
Guest drewyoung

I had the same problem with my iPhone 4. There's not a simple way to do this, but I found a hack for it. You replace this file: (System/Library/Audio/UISounds/SendMessage.caf) with a blank file with the same name. You rename the file using iPhoneBrowser and then reboot. I found the step-by-step instructions here: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1071157. Good luck!

Archived