tvn love showtl3Pl.jpg

Series Details
Title: The Romantic / 더 로맨틱
Host: 유희열
Broadcast Network: tvN
Broadcast Period: 11 Feb 2012 - TDB
Air Time: 22:50 KST every Saturday
Site: http://tvn.lifestyler.co.kr/ENTER/theromantic/

The show is a variety love TV program of single men and women in 20s and 30s looking for true love.In The Romantic a unique format is seen through a ‘Preference Shuffle’. Contestants will be able to go on dates with individuals that match one’s preference.

Air Date \ Schedule
Episode 001 - 120211 (arigaTo / 720p & taple / 720p)
Episode 002 - 120218 (Spider / 720p)
Episode 003 - 120225 (Spider / 720p & taple / 720p)
Episode 004 - 120303 (arigaTo / 720p & Spider / 720p)
Episode 005 - 120310 (arigaTo / 720p)
Episode 006 - 120317 (arigaTo / 720p & KaRot / 720p)
Episode 007 - 120324 (arigaTo / 720p & KaRot / 720p & taple / 720p)
Episode 008 - 120331 (arigaTo / 720p & KaRot / 720p & taple / 720p)
Episode 009 - 120407 (arigaTo / 720p & KaRot / 720p)
Episode 010 - 120414 (arigaTo / 720p)
Episode 011 - 120421

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest didilovebi

Anybody watching this? I like season 2

I'm watching,i liked more the first season but also season 2 is good :)

wats dis about?

It's a reality program where 5 men and 5 ladies are introduced to each other and they will be matched with their partners who selected a similar object, while their actual backgrounds (jobs, ages etc) are kept anonymous,then in time will find out about them...it's a good program, you must watch the show you'll like it :P

I'm watching,i liked more the first season but also season 2 is good  :)

It's a reality program where 5 men and 5 ladies are introduced to each other and they will be matched with their partners who selected a similar object, while their actual backgrounds (jobs, ages etc) are kept anonymous,then in time will find out about them...it's a good program, you must watch the show you'll like it  :P

sounds interesting. does it come with english subs?

• 3 months later...
Guest Lil.Miss.A

I just had a chance to watch this and I must say I wasn't expecting it to be good, but wow it exceeds the expectation.
I'm only up to ep 4 it's getting better and better as you get to know each person a bit more.
The magnae/youngest guy Il Young is a real hottie!

Anyone know where to find season 1 download/streaming?

• 2 months later...
Guest MummyShanShan

Actually, I would rather they continue to cast real single ladies and men than actors and actress. There are already many variety shows that feature Korean kpop stars and artists in fake marriage (We got married) or in one week's relation (Mnet One Week Lover) and the reaction are abit too well planned for my liking. Real singles are more interesting and the endings are always so twisted. Better than dramas! This is really a good learning material for gals and guys looking for love. Coz only thru seeing others behavior and reaction then will realize where oneself has gone wrong in real life.

These episode were all taken in end 2011 or early 2012 and the last epi was aired in Korea in Apr 2012. I wonder why they stopped producing season 3 but instead choose to cast Kpop stars again.

Found this really nice discussion abt the show in the below link. Some of you guys may have read this before.

http://chunkeemonkeeato.wordpress.com/2012/02/13/first-impressions-the-romantic-%EB%8D%94-%EB%A1%9C%EB%A7%A8%ED%8B%B1/

@MummyShanShan Thanks for promoting the page from my blog.  Actually the production staff for The Romantic is currently working on Three Idiots for the same network.  I suspect it didn't give them a chance to do 2 different types of shows at the same time since one involves traveling somewhere for 10 days.  So in order for TVN to keep it going with another production team, they thought maybe idols was a good idea.  Sorry, but I'm not going to be watching The Romantic & Idol.  It's especially whack that they couldn't even go to a more exotic place than Jejudo too.

Guest MummyShanShan

nkim111 said: @MummyShanShan Thanks for promoting the page from my blog.  Actually the production staff for The Romantic is currently working on Three Idiots for the same network.  I suspect it didn't give them a chance to do 2 different types of shows at the same time since one involves traveling somewhere for 10 days.  So in order for TVN to keep it going with another production team, they thought maybe idols was a good idea.  Sorry, but I'm not going to be watching The Romantic & Idol.  It's especially whack that they couldn't even go to a more exotic place than Jejudo too.

Ha, considering when they filmed on Jejudo it's probably not very hot.  Even when I went there in June, it was temperate.  But yeah I agree with you.  If I'm hot and sweaty, the last thing I want to do is snuggle.  But I don't think I would mind a hot and humid place.  Hot and humid just means bathing suits and abs which I would TOOOTALLY be okay with.  *Picturing Junsung in swim trunks*  Hehe.  I did hear they were casting for season 3 but that was about a year ago.  I mean, the applications to apply to be on the show was on the tvn's site for awhile so I'm sure a lot of young Koreans submitted to the program.  I don't know when the season will end for Three Idiots though.  Personally, I do want that original production team to come back to the show because I just love the staff.  So we'll see.  There weren't many people talking about this show on an international scale when it aired.  Probably because there weren't many subs out there but if enough interest is there, I don't see why TVN won't continue with another season.

Guest temperateclimate

Oh, it's nice to see a thread for this show! It was a really pleasant watch overall.

Which season did everyone enjoy more, The Romantic in Croatia or The Romantic in Turkey?

Which members/pairings did everyone end up rooting for?

What were some of the most memorable moments/scenes ?

Guest MummyShanShan

temperateclimate said:

Oh, it's nice to see a thread for this show! It was a really pleasant watch overall.

Which season did everyone enjoy more, The Romantic in Croatia or The Romantic in Turkey?

Which members/pairings did everyone end up rooting for?

What were some of the most memorable moments/scenes ?

Guest lentong

idk if you guys want to watch this.. but here come..

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/JjbIVraL96E/?fr=1&referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.skyupi.com%2Fplay.php%3Fclassid%3D10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KDyKqsb_44

Archived