Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you do with clothes/shoes/bags you don't like anymore?

hkimmy17hkimmy17 huhPosts: 211Member

IDOL

Clothes that you're 100% sure you don't want anymore!
I had two Coach purses which I loved for a few months, but after a while I started to hate them and the brand hehe sorry.
So I donated them, and I REGRET NOTHING!
Also a few years ago I tried to sell about 70% of my closet to Plato's closet, sold most of it, but the stuff they didn't pay me for I just donated.
THAT I regret, I realized that I shouldn't sell my stuff so cheap anymore and get ripped off like at Plato's closet, only got about 20 percent of what I paid for :(
If you have clothes you don't think you want anymore you should just store it in a box or something then open it a few years later and be maybe be happy because you find yourself liking those clothes/shoes/bags/whatever again.

Replies

• dy0wtx0xpxxdy0wtx0xpxx Posts: 448Member

IDOL

edited March 2012
    Most of the time, I just keep it in my closet, cause I'll probably like it again one day.
    But for stuff that's been in my closet for 3-5 years and I still don't wear it,
    I give it to my dad since he likes my clothes (if they fit him) ahahahhaha.
    And if he doesn't like it, I'd see if anyone else wants it, if not, I donate it.

Aha, most people nowadays are selling all their old / unwanted stuff on Facebook...even though I heard that's illegal(?).
    I swear, I've seen some of the weirdest old stuff people are selling haha.
  • -Mikki--Mikki- TorontoPosts: 324Member

IDOL

i donate my clothes, and the stuff i cant bear to give away i remake into something more awesome :) i like to reconstruct outfits alot
    Visit my blog!!!ladeeeda.blogspot.com! You will not be dissapointed ;)

• SobayakiSobayaki Honolulu, HawaiiPosts: 309Member

ROOKIE

I usually just donate them or hand it down to cousins who find them useful. But if I could, I'd sell them at a yard sale or somewhere.
  • SoulAce2SoulAce2 Posts: 304Member

IDOL

[EDIT] Blah blah blah. Delete. Sorry.
  • FireDragonFireDragon United StatesPosts: 1,423Member
    hkimmy17 wrote on 21 March 2012 - 09:22 PM:

If you have clothes you don't think you want anymore you should just store it in a box or something then open it a few years later and be maybe be happy because you find yourself liking those clothes/shoes/bags/whatever again.

Oh that's a good idea! But then I don't think I have enough space for that. >< Right now I give the clothes I don't want to my sister or just stick it in a box/bag/suitcase/w.e. there is in my closet. I pretty much just bought a new spring/summer wardrobe (starting to really like Japanese fashion) so I'm going to have to do something with my old clothes soon. 
    Why must we fall apart to understand how to fly?
    I will find a way even without wings.

Check out my shop for all your drugstore beauty needs + Asian fashion + more!
  • princessberryprincessberry Posts: 218Member, New Member
    I will keep them underneath my closet. 

They will be sitting quietly deeeeeeeeeply insde my closet til one day, when I am tidying my closet, then I will collect all and donate them :)

That is how I have been doing with the unwanted clothes :)
    I find and share inspiration with everyone! Where?  Here :D
  • echoismechoism ??*:.?. .?.:*? HonoluluPosts: 295Member
    Generally, if I haven't worn it for at least half a year, I try to give it away to siblings/friends and if not, I donate it.
  • leehyori2leehyori2 donut king supports KONY 2012! Posts: 395Member
    edited March 2012
    somehow, the clothes that i don't wear for awhile (6 month to 1 year) tend to disappear, however not magically. i have a feeling my mom gives it away.
  • mizswtifeemizswtifee the soompi hime new york cityPosts: 1,137Member

IDOL

For clothes I still have a connection with, I keep it in the "under consideration pile"
    The next time I do another review and spring cleaning of my clothes and I still haven't worn it yet, I take it and donate it.
    I'm now pretty over the phase of selling clothes. I used to try to sell every item I don't want, and if they remain unsold, I kept them forever. Now instead of keeping them, I donate them. Makes room for new clothing that I actually wear.
  • vintageousvintageous who's that?! Posts: 481Member

IDOL

i just stash it in my closet but if its of worth and know i wont ever wear it again, i'd usually sell it,

• SaseumiSaseumi Juliette Posts: 216Member
    Store them away (I always end up wanting them back a year later/wasting money on similar things once they're gone) or donate them. If not that then I will send them to a place which gives me money for each kg of clothes. :)

• 1finedai1finedai Posts: 310Member

IDOL

SoulAce2 wrote on 22 March 2012 - 07:47 AM:

I usually keep them, box them up, and store them somewhere for future use  'cause I know they'll eventually come back in style (Fashion Tip: The latest fashion trends will usually be a repeat from the past). And luckily for me, my very fashionable mom does the same...

I do this too. Or I just wear the stuff I dont like around the house as house wear.
  • anlianli Posts: 193Member
    Some things I sell online, via Livejournal or eBay. Other stuff I give to my friends (or my mom). I used to donate all the rest, but I've had several moments of "I wish I had kept _______" so now I'm trying to keep more of my stuff. I hate clutter, though, and I don't have much storage space, so it's annoying...
    I Am Not High Fashion (blog)
    Looking for Taiwanese stores that ship overseas? Check out this list!
    Tokyo Fashion review and shopping guide // PG Beauty review and shopping guide
  • tinatran_tinatran_ canada! 8DPosts: 4,988Member

IDOL

I'd either donate it or give it to my cousins as hand me downs.
    take a peek at my sunshine.jpg
    10 pairs of eyelashes = $8 SHIPPED?! =O
  • sakumarsakumar Posts: 186Member
    Well in the past I would always donate my cloths when I grew out of them.  I still do donate my cloths that I don't use anymore, sometimes I keep them if I really like the material and can make something out of it. 
  • TekashiTekashi fallen angel middle of nowhere for fallen angelsPosts: 2,251Member
    anli wrote on 22 March 2012 - 08:54 PM:

Some things I sell online, via Livejournal or eBay. Other stuff I give to my friends (or my mom). I used to donate all the rest, but I've had several moments of "I wish I had kept _______" so now I'm trying to keep more of my stuff. I hate clutter, though, and I don't have much storage space, so it's annoying...

Me too~! I regreted few times I didn`t kept few things, but well... But there is one cloth which I have like 10 years? xD I know it`s stupid, but it was gift from my aunt and I can`t throw it away.
    But clothes/shoes/bags in good & perfect condition from mine and my sister (also mum is doing that) closets are given to my father`s friend. He has few younger kids and is only working person in family, and they`re happy from every help.
  • PandaAgendaPandaAgenda Posts: 327Member

IDOL

Give them away.
    Out with the old and in with the new >:3
    jasmine~
  • alwayzjjloveralwayzjjlover Posts: 41Member, New Member

ROOKIE

i think a good way is to maybe just keeping it in your closet. I usually use the clothes i don't fit into or that i don't wear anymore and make other clothes out of it. You can adjust things and put it into style again. Or you can create something totally different with it... like use it as scrap fabric or make a awesome necklace/design/earing with it :))
  • LizzieBeeLizzieBee californiaPosts: 309Member
    I trade my stuff in the Selling and Trading thread here. :3
    My Blog / Tumblr / Couples' Tees