Vanity/Makeup storage

Guest Dazzle and Destroy

Guest Dazzle and Destroy

need inspiration, show your vanity here!
Ladies, I have a vanity crisis, and I need help! It's taking way too much room and furniture needs a change..

I'm thinking about getting the ikea micke desk, and turning it into a vanity/computer station.. also the ikea shelving units.

Any other ideas to minimize the area?

My vanity right now (sorry lq.. can't find my camera)

429366_10150618809568797_521278796_9250829_414536335_n.jpg

pretty much its in acrylic organizers, and the rest of the makeup is in storages put away.. so i hardly grab and use em. :(

older

---

micke-desk__0108917_PE258576_S4.JPG

Ikea Micke Desk

Ikea Shelving Unit

---

Makeup storage/organization videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ6x_T3qUUg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRzkPC8_9eQ

Feel free to post what your vanity looks like! and also inspirational photos! :)

Guest iPhets

I'm having the same problem too. I think getting a shelf with more storage space works better than a bigger desk. At the moment, I have two desks (which makes a long desk) but its hard to organize because for makeup items its just little things everywhere and they get messy easily. The little compartments in shelves would probably make it easy to arrange things according to what they are, like eye products on one compartment, face in the other, etc.

You really only need a decent sized desk for your laptop and mirror and that would probably save space.

I haven't tried it but I think it would work :P

Btw I kind of wish I didn't look at the videos you linked now because I really want that lighted vanity mirror T_T but they don't ship to Australia..

Guest sickest_femme

Got mine from Bed Bath & Beyond for about $150. I like it because the mirror flips down so it functions as a vanity when I need to do my make up and a desk for my laptop or when I want to do my nails.

5600018628_2a3bca1404_z.jpg

5599435899_1b55f1b8cb_z.jpg

As for storage space you can see I'm a bit overwhelmed as well! I have the gradient drawers in the back from Office Depot for about $70, holds a lot but just not everything. And the nail polish is kept in a media tower from walmart that was about $17, but I have so many I need probably 3 of them. All the rest are in boxes and bins I need to sort through and find a place for.

15.jpg

Great topic, I'm also interested in seeing other storage ideas to minimize clutter and maximize space.

Guest Dazzle and Destroy

love your vanity!!

as for nail polish, I suggest a nail polish rack(which i will be investing this week!)

something like this?

http://www.amazon.com/Bottles-Nail-Polish-Wall-Rack/dp/B002WVBEH8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332072160&sr=8-1

or

http://www.amazon.com/Nail-Polish-Table-Display-Bottles/dp/B0052FZORC/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1332072160&sr=8-9

wow, i was just saying today that i really need some more storage for all my makeup T_T

one of my favorite nail polish bloggers (alllacqueredup) bought some ikea helmer units to store all her polishes. she's got them divided by color. it looks pretty organized, i think.

i only keep makeup and jewelry i use in visible sight. everything else, i store. i find it reduces the appearance of clutter. i divide by type and store them in clear tupperware boxes with labels. then, with the items i do keep in sight, i can arrange them nicely on a pretty tray or in a nice box. but i guess that really only works if you don't change out your makeup a lot or stick to only a few items.

Guest Nesquickboo

waaaahh~ so much stuff. I really need a desk with a draw or something because I have none and it's all on top of my desk that I use for studying and stuff. Everything's on it and it's full of clutter (okay that's kind of my fault too :sweatingbullets: ). Atm I have two little shelves. One for makeup, which I hold in make up bags and another for hair products and it used to be with nail varnishes too. Now I have two mini boxes for nail polishes and a bigg-ish box to hold everyday make up. I might upload a picture later when I clear up my desk...

Guest heartdrops

@sickest_femme, LOVEEEE YOUR VANITY! I wanted something like that from West Elm, but it was just too expensive! Didn't know BBB sells something like this! Argh! Wish I got it before I got this one from Ikea.

Excuse the mess. I've been really lazy about cleaning lately hahas.

I think this was like 1xx? I think you can still find it on the Ikea website.

15cg66s.jpg

Also got this jewelry organizer sometime last year on clearance from Target

2qks5kz.jpg

Both the sides open up to hang necklaces

Omg, sickest_femme, I'm in love with your vanity! It's so gorgeous and it also works for a desk which is amazing. I've been storing my make up in my closet since it's so huge and grab the ones I use to the mirror when I get ready since I switch around my make up often. But after seeing that vanity .. I'm really having second thoughts..

Guest iPhets

@sickest_femme:

Your vanity just makes everything look so tidy! I love it. Maybe I should invest in something like that too.

I forgot to ask this in my original post though - where do you all keep your studded earrings? Preferably something that looks nice? I have the spinning rack thing but i find that those only work best with the dangling earrings.

Guest missaque

I found this on Pinterest one time and thought it was a super clever idea:

227502218645898096_H8mdABaS_c.jpg

It's a magnetic makeup board. I know it's ridiculous to plaster up all your products on magnetic boards, but I think it's a good idea for daily products. It makes it easy to grab and see things, and can keep an area cleaner by not sprawling out daily products on the counter (which is something I have a problem with).

Guest tinatran_

I love how most of you are storing it so neatly and it looks so organized! I'm one of the few that just throw my daily products in a bag and keep my new/unused makeup in a drawer. .__.''

Guest veryhoney

Got mine from Bed Bath & Beyond for about $150. I like it because the mirror flips down so it functions as a vanity when I need to do my make up and a desk for my laptop or when I want to do my nails.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

As for storage space you can see I'm a bit overwhelmed as well! I have the gradient drawers in the back from Office Depot for about $70, holds a lot but just not everything. And the nail polish is kept in a media tower from walmart that was about $17, but I have so many I need probably 3 of them. All the rest are in boxes and bins I need to sort through and find a place for.

*quoted image*

Great topic, I'm also interested in seeing other storage ideas to minimize clutter and maximize space.

Oh my! I love it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived