do you prefer to wear glasses or contacts?

green papaya

would you rather wear glasses or contacts? what are the advantages and disadvantages?

glasses are fashionable and dont require any special care and you can have different styles for different occasions

contacts require extra care and can be uncomfortable after long hours of wear or a little dust or sand gets in your eye

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ichigo_no_powder

I wear glasses most of the time now to rest my eyes but I perfer to wear contacts. I have a very round nose with a low bridge so my glasses keep slipping down, making it rather cumbersome to wear

Guest lacey.

I prefer contacts when out and glasses at home. If I could live in my contacts I would though. 

Glasses

Pros: More comfortable, cute to wear 

Cons: Smudges/finger prints, can't lay down properly with them on!!, makeup/oil builds up on the bridge of the glasses causes the glasses to slip, exercising, & vision is limited to straight forward unless you move your head (the blur above and below the lens bothers me). 

Contacts

Pros: More convenient 

Cons: Can get uncomfortable at times, putting them on and taking them out for cleaning, & sometimes I accidently poke my eye with my eyeliner and it will leave a black spot on my contacts -_-

Guest little-fawn

I'm lazy and contacts are such a bother to take out when I'm sleepy... in addition, frames can help out your face shape, and you don't have to spend as much time on make up. But I still continue to predominantly wear my contacts out instead.

I prefer contacts for aesthetics but glasses for practicality.

Glasses - really comfortable, easy to just slip on, makes me look older/smarter apparently

Contacts - apparently I look prettier with contacts, if I were to wear makeup it would look better (false eyelash with glasses is really pointless) but they're quite a hassle to put in/take off/clean and since i wear the night ones, I'd have to ensure around 8 hrs sleep which is hard to get as a uni student LOL

Guest xsaranghae<3

well for me glasses are uncomfortable because if I wear them for more than an hour or so I get headaches or feel dizzy... So I prefer contacts but then theyre just too much work. I say contacts are better if you have higher prescriptions. I dont wear contacts as much because I'm so lazy and I can see pretty okay without them but I think wearing glasses for those with higher prescriptions get really annoying. I hate being able to see the frames and dont think I look particularly good in glasses

well for me glasses are uncomfortable because if I wear them for more than an hour or so I get headaches or feel dizzy... So I prefer contacts but then theyre just too much work. I say contacts are better if you have higher prescriptions. I dont wear contacts as much because I'm so lazy and I can see pretty okay without them but I think wearing glasses for those with higher prescriptions get really annoying. I hate being able to see the frames and dont think I look particularly good in glasses

thats true, people with higher prescriptions make the glasses not look as nice, glasses look best if the prescription isnt too strong

contacts also allow the use of sun glasses to protect from the UV rays

the disposables you throw away after two weeks are a good choice

Guest HERMIT

I wear contacts mostly because my eyesight is pretty bad and my eyeglasses are so thick and heavy to wear on my nose.  When I wear glasses, people kept saying that I look like a nerdy or emo serial killer.  One time my niece wanted to borrow them because she thought she could burn ants by using the lenses to magnify the sunlight on them.  It's embarrassing to wear them out in public actually.

Guest HERMIT

I prefer to wear contacts over glasses.

Wouldn't it be more comfortable the other way around?

(BTW, you must really have bad eyesight)

I prefer glasses just because my contact lenses are more expensive (astigmatism, monthly) and because I have prism as well. I can't focus well with contact lenses because of prism, so I'd rather just stick with glasses.

Guest hydraskylar

I have thick glasses and even the anti-glare ones still have somewhat of a glare. So you don't really see much of my eyes when taking pictures! Want to try out contacts but the eye exam is expensive

if i could wear glasses forever, i would :P

they`re so much easier and comfortable, and you can just slip them on in the morning and not waste 5 minutes putting contacts on

but i look 8347943x better in contacts and they`re just more convenient for every day life like wearing sunglasses or make up

except i can dry eyes easily/stuff gets under my contacts l:

Glasses

pros: comfortable to wear

cons: finger prints, dust on it and some kind of oil. you have to clean your classes daily.

Need to purchase a new pair of sunglasses with prescription.

If your prescription is changing each year, it's expensive to get new ones each year.

contact lenses

pros: with daily lenses you dont have to clean them or take care of them. it's like use and throw it out, but it's too expensive for me to keep up sing it .

you dont need extra sunglasses with prescriptions, you can just wear normal sunglasses.

it's less expensive if your prescription is changing each year, you can easily change with your contact lens than your glasses.

cons: the care for them, you have to get them ready and clean for them. for weekly/monthly and yearly, clean them and get them ready each day, remembering when to change the cases and when to through them.

daily disposable is expensive!

I prefer daily because they do not need any care. but since i cant afford it, i prefer yearly, they're less expensive than most.

Guest cookieapple

I actually prefer my glasses, simply because they're less fussy than lenses. If you're in a rush, all you need to do is pop on your glasses and you're ready to go. Also glasses help to hide dark circles and uneven eyelids..well for me anyway. Much more convenient for travelling too, but it is annoying though when the lenses scratch T_T

I only wear lenses when going out, simply because I think they make me look cuter. However as mentioned by others, the can get uncomfortable and quality lense solution can get rather pricey :(

So for now, glasses are definitely the preferred choice ^^

Guest -forever-

contacts. I only wear glasses when I'm at home or my contacts feel really uncomfortable that day; glasses are just too inconvenent, like they always slip off and move around. ehh i just can't stand wearing them for an entire day. -_-

Guest darkmist

Contacts, hands down. I have a really high perscription and I only wear glasses on the weekend (to give my eyes a break) or if I`m feeling so tired I can't pry open my eyes to stick in my contact lenses. I don't find lenses uncomfortable at all and I even wear hard lenses - my eyes don't get dry even though I wear them everyday for at least 10 hours. I don't find contact lens upkeep difficult or tedious - keeping my hands and lenses clean is just a regular and natural part of my daily routine. Though my lenses are hideously expensive and the hard lens cleaner never goes on sale, it's just a sad fact of life I've accepted that comes with bad eyes XD

For glasses, since I have the tiny Asian nose bridge, I have to be really careful when selecting frames. My glasses are also extremely expensive so either way, I'm paying through the nose. Glasses are just more of a hassle because they constantly get dirty, slide down, fog up, and can get bent out of shape.

Guest Saseumi

I prefer glasses for use of computers or when I'm watching TV but I prefer the freedom with make up I feel contacts would give me. My eyes are very sensitive and easily tired/irritated so I won't make contacts my default any time soon, especially not with how much they cost. I have a pretty attractive pair of glasses right now anyway. :) The only thing I'd prefer contacts for is the ability to take pictures at any time without that red mark on the bridge of my nose; you'll never catch a picture of me with my glasses on, usually, because my prescription is so weak that taking my glasses off for a few minutes at a time won't tire my eyes out much at all and although my glasses flatter me and I look equally nice (just in different ways) with and without them... I feel more photogenic without them because my eyes are my favourite feature.

Guest Rita1430281860

I prefer neither. But since I don't have great vision, I wear glasses. But normally, I don't wear glasses nor contacts. Unless I'm in class and need to see the board.

Contacts just seem so bothersome, sticking something in my eye :\ And glasses, well they are just annoying because after a while they bother me on the top of my ears.

Archived