Is he interested in me or just being nice?

Guest Jtran

Guest Jtran

Hi,

So last week I signed up at a gym and I'm really attracted to the guy that signed me up for my membership.

When I was being signed up I asked him if he was single and he got all shy and said that he was single and we were just talking casually throughout the process of registering me. Every time I've gone to the gym since we've talked for maybe 30-40 minutes and we're very comfortable with each other and talk like we're friends. On Wednesday I was asking about shirts and the guy (who I'll call ANNON) said on Thursday they would come in and if they didn't I could slap him twice. So on Thursday the shirts didn't come in and I was making a joke saying that we made a deal and now I was going to slap him. But I actually didn't, I said to him "how about you take me out for coffee instead" and he said sure.

I'm just not sure if he's being nice to me bec he has to(bec i'm a client) or if he's actually interested in talking to me and getting to know me more.

we're going for coffee tomorrow. Could I be over thinking this situation?

If a guy tells u to slap him twice, you're in already xD.. Jk but if he's talked to you for that long, & said okay to coffee, hes probably interested?? Likely interested... Otherwise he would have made some excuse, especially if not interested in a client ^_^.

So far you're the one that's pursuing him. I can't say for certain he's particularly interested, more like he's open to hanging out/going on a date with ya and isn't reluctant. If you want to gauge his actual interest, time to hold back and let him chase you.

Guest funnybear1

Hi,

So last week I signed up at a gym and I'm really attracted to the guy that signed me up for my membership.

When I was being signed up I asked him if he was single and he got all shy and said that he was single and we were just talking casually throughout the process of registering me. Every time I've gone to the gym since we've talked for maybe 30-40 minutes and we're very comfortable with each other and talk like we're friends. On Wednesday I was asking about shirts and the guy (who I'll call ANNON) said on Thursday they would come in and if they didn't I could slap him twice. So on Thursday the shirts didn't come in and I was making a joke saying that we made a deal and now I was going to slap him. But I actually didn't, I said to him "how about you take me out for coffee instead" and he said sure.

I'm just not sure if he's being nice to me bec he has to(bec i'm a client) or if he's actually interested in talking to me and getting to know me more.

we're going for coffee tomorrow. Could I be over thinking this situation?

if you want a real precise answer you are going to have to post your picture

Guest Jtran

So far you're the one that's pursuing him. I can't say for certain he's particularly interested, more like he's open to hanging out/going on a date with ya and isn't reluctant. If you want to gauge his actual interest, time to hold back and let him chase you.

The thing is I don't think he's the type of guy who will come flirt with me while I'm working out. Or anyone actually he's usually at his desk doing paper work or with a client. He'll say hi but that's about it and go on doing whatever he was doing. I personally also think it's unprofessional if he's constantly hanging around me while I'm working out. I've seen it happen at my gym and the person (usually a girl) working out always seems annoyed.

Guest Jtran

Haha i cant believe u posted your pic, not to sound like an old perv, but yeah dont worry he likes you ~o:)... Aiyaiyai,

To be on the fair side cant you post a pic of the guy ^_^??

haha. whatever it's just a picture and I'm old enough to know what I'm doing. so it's all good.

Are you just saying that he likes me because my boobs are exposed or did u also look at my face? lol. Jus wondering.

I can't post a pic of the guy because I don't have one of him, and I'm not going to ask him to take a picture with me or pose for one. hahaha. that'd be way too weird.

haha. whatever it's just a picture and I'm old enough to know what I'm doing. so it's all good.

Are you just saying that he likes me because my boobs are exposed or did u also look at my face? lol. Jus wondering.

I can't post a pic of the guy because I don't have one of him, and I'm not going to ask him to take a picture with me or pose for one. hahaha. that'd be way too weird.

ph34r.gif i'm not answering that.. i'll be smart.. ^_^..

~don't worry face is cute too~..  

do one of those i'm surfing on my phone and sneak a pic?? phew.gif  

Guest exoxo

well he said yes and he didn't have to take on the "oh I can't date clients/members" route. Just go on the coffee date and see how it goes. You might find him not ur type or maybe he is!

Please don't post a sneak shot of the guy. Awkward! u don't have his permission and imagine if he ever saw himself online through your posts , that would be creepy/ online stalker creepy.

Guest HERMIT

On Wednesday I was asking about shirts and the guy (who I'll call ANNON) said on Thursday they would come in and if they didn't I could slap him twice. So on Thursday the shirts didn't come in and I was making a joke saying that we made a deal and now I was going to slap him.

So wait a minute, you mean to say you've been showing up at the gym WITHOUT a shirt on all that time - and looking the way you do in your picture?

I think the guy isn't interested in you at all. 

Because never mind getting slapped, I'd ask you to spank me for however long you liked.

Even if the shirts DID come in.

96jdbl.jpg

Meanwhile, this guy would rather just accept a simple coffee with you instead.

Guest Jtran

well he said yes and he didn't have to take on the "oh I can't date clients/members" route. Just go on the coffee date and see how it goes. You might find him not ur type or maybe he is!

Please don't post a sneak shot of the guy. Awkward! u don't have his permission and imagine if he ever saw himself online through your posts , that would be creepy/ online stalker creepy.

Usually my first impressions of people are accurate especially if i'm looking to get to know them better on a more intimate level... and i dont mean just sex. I mean dating. so i know i'm going to like him. and ur right about the creepy stalker photo. haha. maybe ill try to find a picture of someone that looks like him. hahaha. maybe not...

thanks for your input.

So wait a minute, you mean to say you've been showing up at the gym WITHOUT a shirt on all that time - and looking the way you do in your picture?

I think the guy isn't interested in you at all. 

Because never mind getting slapped, I'd ask you to spank me for however long you liked.

Even if the shirts DID come in.

*quoted image*

Meanwhile, this guy would rather just accept a simple coffee with you instead.

HAHAHA. I have been showing up at the gym WITH a shirt but when you sign up they give you a free shirt.

You've made my day. hahaha.

I think he thinks im just flirting with him because I want free stuff so that's why he's only agreed to have coffee with me. Or maybe im just not his type and he feels bad that i didn't get my free shirt when he said i would get them.

Guest HERMIT

HAHAHA. I have been showing up at the gym WITH a shirt but when you sign up they give you a free shirt.

You've made my day. hahaha.

I think he thinks im just flirting with him because I want free stuff so that's why he's only agreed to have coffee with me. Or maybe im just not his type and he feels bad that i didn't get my free shirt when he said i would get them.

Nah, don't sell yourself short.  By the picture alone, you look pretty attractive.

Seriously speaking, the gym is probably not that great a barometer of gauging his interest given that it is his workplace and that you are a client.

Look at it this way, if he's been able to remain relatively poker-face professional with you throughout, that must say something about his decency and how he carries himself.

The coffee date should hopefully prove more illuminating.  He's out of his element, so to speak, and you will probably get a better idea of how he is outside of that gym.

Carpe diem.

It is a hard call. You are obviously the one doing the pursuing and not holding back at all when it comes to showing signs of interest. How about you tone down the flirting a bit? See if he will take the lead and ask you to hang out or something. He seems like an outgoing guy, but like you said, it is hard to tell if it is either because he is interested in you and thus and not rejecting you, OR he is doing what he is doing because he is trying not to lose a client. Do not be so upfront with him and see how he reacts. If he is interested in you, whether it be as a friend or someone he is interested in, he will do something about it. But if you are the one leading everything, he is obviously just being nice.

Guest Jtran

SO JUST AN UPDATE!

I called to cancel for coffee today because i decided to dye my hair instead. HAHA. and i told him that coffee tomorrow is better for me. I didn't tell him i was ditching him because I was dying my hair i just said something came up.

lol! I think this must be the first time in internet history that move worked.

IRT the OP:

The agreeing to coffee is a good sign for you. I wouldn't read into anything else he did though. A lot of gyms tend to hire attractive people, put them at the service desk and tell them to be very sociable (borderline flirty) to bring in customers/keep them there.

I honestly think he would say no to the coffee if he wasn't at least relatively interested in you though--I don't think any gym requires customer service to go THAT far haha.

I think when physical attraction is a factor in this situation there are a lot of girls, attractive girls, that go to that gym and work at that gym. So i really have no problem posting my photo. Plus it makes me feel better that some people out there find me "cute" or "pretty". Because no one well here where I live approaches me or asks me out. haha

It is a hard call. You are obviously the one doing the pursuing and not holding back at all when it comes to showing signs of interest. How about you tone down the flirting a bit? See if he will take the lead and ask you to hang out or something. He seems like an outgoing guy, but like you said, it is hard to tell if it is either because he is interested in you and thus and not rejecting you, OR he is doing what he is doing because he is trying not to lose a client. Do not be so upfront with him and see how he reacts. If he is interested in you, whether it be as a friend or someone he is interested in, he will do something about it. But if you are the one leading everything, he is obviously just being nice.

I have toned down the flirting it's more of we're just talking with each other at the moment. When we go for coffee I'll see how he acts and let him do the leading but when we're at the gym i know he's not going to come up to me while i'm working out to chat. I mean i signed up for a 2 year contract and if i cancel my membership i still have to pay a few hundred bucks anyways. so i mean why would i pay a couple hundred buck and not go to the gym....

I think when physically attraction is a factor in this situation because there are a lot of girls, attractive girls, that go to that gym and work at that gym. So i really have no problem posting my photo. Plus it makes me feel better that some people out there find me "cute" or "pretty".

if you were 30 i would have said sexy.. otherwise "cute" is the legal term.. dry.gif *BARS*

Archived