How come some girls think that Korean guys are better than other Asian guys?

Guest Gofishus

Guest Gofishus

I don't know why, but it seems to some girls (some people in this forum), Korean guys and white guys for whatever reason are racially superior to other Asians, and it really disturbs me. This really gets on my nerves because every ethnicity has its good and bad points. You can't just think because you watched some Korean drama or Kpop that all Korean guys are good looking or sexy or whatever.  And same reasoning, just because Hollywood puts out alot of movies with white guys doesn't make them superior. What's wrong with Chinese guys, or Filipino guys, or Vietnamese guys, or other Asians?

Every race has good looking guys and not so good looking guys. Korea is no different. Just because they have access to more plastic surgery doesn't make them better looking in any way. Just because they have more popular dramas doesn't mean other guys can't be as romantic or charming. And I know that some poster will inevitable respond with some statistic showing Korean guys are taller on average and have a bigger dong or whatever. It doesn't matter, that's not my point. It doesn't make them racially superior. It's just disturbing to me that some posters here (who shall remain nameless) will think that Chinese men or whatever are inferior. It's sad to think that its 2012 and people here still have racial prejudices like in the 1940s.  

(I'm ranting right now, so I realize this post isn't like my other topics. )

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a forum that, despite being home to many diverse people, is a source for k-pop news and discussion. You're going to get a very skewed experience here. A different forum would likely have its own biases.

Having said that, maybe the Korean wave really is taking off right now and that plays a role. (Young) Girls who like Korean boy bands are going to also be interested in random Korean boys.

There are always going to be fandoms and fads that don't make a lot of sense. You can't let things like that bother you. Also, no matter how much time passes and how mankind "evolves," there's always going to be prejudice against one thing or another. At the end of the day, you can't really control what other people think or what they like so I think it's best to just work on you and what matters to you.

Guest nana544

I guess some girls just have this fantasy of wanting to date a Korean guy based on their influence from Kpop entertainment. Like, "Oh, I like TaeYang.." then if I date a Korean guy, it will be like I'm dating Taeyang because he's Korean...just an example. But of course, this might not be the case at all. As for me, I like Kpop entertainment and all, but I have not fall into that category of...oh, let me find myself a Korean guy to date and etc....I guess it's mainly the individual girl's preference. So, don't be bother by it too much, the right girl will come, hang in there.

I think there have only been a few cases of girls specifically seeking out Korean boys to date on this forum, as far as I've been lurking...

Sometimes the girl is actually looking only at ONE Korean guy, so I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt that she truly genuinely likes the guy and not just because he's Korean.

I've also seen an equal or about equal number of threads started with guys specifically trying to find or attract Taiwanese girls and Chinese girls.

There are a variety of races sought out on this forum-- just that the Korean threads seem to be afloat for a longer time on page 1 here, most likely due to the pop culture influence as the other users have stated above.

If this bothers you so, just ignore the threads that are titled as such and move on to other ones. :)

... Bruce lee:

“You know what I want to think of myself? As a human being. Because, I mean I don't want to be like as "Confucius say," but under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are "different".

You can't just think because you watched some Korean drama or Kpop that all Korean guys are good looking or sexy or whatever. And same reasoning, just because Hollywood puts out alot of movies with white guys doesn't make them superior.

What's wrong with Chinese guys, or Filipino guys, or Vietnamese guys, or other Asians?

K, name some popular chinese, filipino, or vietnamese dramas/movies that most people would have even heard of?

Guest 한스 ㅋㅋ

You can really tell the ages around here. Especially if you been on this forum for long. 

lol qft........ a lot of people who are older tend to not give a damn........... well at least the ones that I know..

personally for me K-entertainment is so High school...... I've seen this happen to a lot of people as well where they stopped after going to uni.

Guest o________O

I don't know why, but it seems to some girls (some people in this forum), Korean guys and white guys for whatever reason are racially superior to other Asians, and it really disturbs me. This really gets on my nerves because every ethnicity has its good and bad points. You can't just think because you watched some Korean drama or Kpop that all Korean guys are good looking or sexy or whatever.  And same reasoning, just because Hollywood puts out alot of movies with white guys doesn't make them superior. What's wrong with Chinese guys, or Filipino guys, or Vietnamese guys, or other Asians?

Every race has good looking guys and not so good looking guys. Korea is no different. Just because they have access to more plastic surgery doesn't make them better looking in any way. Just because they have more popular dramas doesn't mean other guys can't be as romantic or charming. And I know that some poster will inevitable respond with some statistic showing Korean guys are taller on average and have a bigger dong or whatever. It doesn't matter, that's not my point. It doesn't make them racially superior. It's just disturbing to me that some posters here (who shall remain nameless) will think that Chinese men or whatever are inferior. It's sad to think that its 2012 and people here still have racial prejudices like in the 1940s.  

(I'm ranting right now, so I realize this post isn't like my other topics. )

Reading stuff like that irks me, It sounds to me that just as these girls believe that Korean guys are better than other guys, you're assuming a lot more of them had plastic surgery. I'm sure many foreigners travel to Korea to get plastic surgery too, hell, read the double eyelid surgery thread. I guess it's the bad stigma you receive in return for being Korean..?

I can't comprehend why this would even bother you, this girls are most likely still kids (lets hope so for their sake), they're immature (I'm guilty of this too at times), they're obviously deluded about this entire topic where they're attracted to a guy purely from what the media has portrayed. A girl like that isn't worth your time, at least, certainly not mine.

Guest Oegukeen

This is a forum that, despite being home to many diverse people, is a source for k-pop news and discussion. You're going to get a very skewed experience here. A different forum would likely have its own biases.

Having said that, maybe the Korean wave really is taking off right now and that plays a role. (Young) Girls who like Korean boy bands are going to also be interested in random Korean boys.

There are always going to be fandoms and fads that don't make a lot of sense. You can't let things like that bother you. Also, no matter how much time passes and how mankind "evolves," there's always going to be prejudice against one thing or another. At the end of the day, you can't really control what other people think or what they like so I think it's best to just work on you and what matters to you.

I agree with you. On one hand most people here like pop so that creates impression that their is a positive bias toward Korean guys. Many disscusion boards online are full of very negative comments about Korean men. Even on this forum, they've been called mamby-pamby, abusive, controling...

And I also agree that there are fads that don't make much sense. For example, how can anyone truly think that Spanish men are better lovers than men from other European countries?

Stereotypes are bad, and it's good that it gets on your nerves Gofishus, cause that will give you a reason to fight them. But don't let it get to you too much. There is so much stereotypes in the world to keep you fuming all night long.

So just correct a person you hear making silly generalizations, and sleep peacfully at night :-)

Guest jellie_kookie

For the 'people in this forum', girls come here BECAUSE of K-pop, meaning KOREAN GUYS. Therefore, seeing photos and having a love for Korean music, they have an image of all the good-looking Korean artists.

And honestly, the image of beauty in the media is someone who is...well, white. High cheekbones, wide, deep-set eyes, pouting lips, etc.

Once you realized not all koreans live in a mansion, have problem with mom/father because a misunderstanding, are EXTREMLY RICH, owns a BIG CORPORATION and have a past love that has not moved on yet

You will realize korean people are just normal human beings too.

Guest hkukaudition

Meh, I'm partial to Chinese myself. Couldn't say why.

Im also slightly bias towards chinese guys, but i still have dated other guys aswell. The only thing is that i prefer chinese guys because then i can speak in cantonese or english to them and if i wanted to move back to HK, they would feel just as home there as in the UK, also i know my parents would prefer it because then they can actually speak to the guy.

Having said that, my BF is chinese, but doesn't speak much chinese and he doesn't feel at home in HK so TBH, any race is fine as long as we have the same values and striving forward to achieve the same goals in life.

Guest HanJaeEun

I'm pretty sure that location has something to do with it... after all, this is soompi..

Also, for young girls watching dramas/listening to K-pop, they're mainly being exposed to Korean men. There are lots of factors, but remember when Japan was the fad? It's like that. The fad is widespread, but one day it will blow over. Then only the people who love Korea for more than its men will be left, haha. 

Guest sweetfantasy09

LOL! then i don't know why am i here then? haha! never in my life that i will think to date a korean man. haha!

Guest bombb_

i take it that they're just still infatuated with korean dramas/celebrities...

at school i can spot the koreaboos because of this--you can clearly see them watching korean guys...

Archived