Hiring: Soompi Intern (based in Seoul)

melkimx

Hi Soompiers,

Are you looking to gain a diverse range of experience in the Internet media field -- while having a fun time doing it? Soompi is seeking a part-time or full-time general intern, based in Seoul, to help with community management, promotions, and editorial duties. Due to the nature of the position, assignments will be extremely varied but will allow you to gain experience in different fields. They may include: running promotions with entertainment agencies, analyzing site traffic, using social media to publicize content, writing and editing articles, helping the volunteer staff, performing technical support, and miscellaneous duties as required.

Candidates must be able to report to our office in Seoul, preferably on a full-time basis (M-F 10 am - 7 pm). They must be proactive, detail-oriented, and able to juggle multiple tasks at once. Extra consideration will be given to bilingual candidates (Korean/English), as well as to longtime Soompi members with a deep understanding of our culture and community. The internship will be paid, and it will start immediately (or at least as close to immediately as we can get). Make sure that you can work legally in Korea (H-1 and F-4 visas are fine).

If you are interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume to melkimx@soompi.com. Writing samples are also appreciated, as is any type of information that lets us learn more about you!

Here are a couple (badly taken) pictures of our new office; it's a nice place with a lot of nice, fun people! Hope you can join the team!

421302_10101348083970733_2207274_68657352_597327124_n.jpg

420482_10101348083636403_2207274_68657350_1801944506_n.jpg

Guest acohsiAngela

Until when is the deadline for the submission of applications.. And is it possible that an overseas Soompi fan can apply but soon he/she will be based in Korea before being accepted. Thank you for the reply.

Guest lordbordem

*raises hand*

Can i apply and then spend all my time in the cafeteria? I like free drinks =D

Hope you get a lot of applicants, i would apply but you know...i just happen to be separated from the Enswer building by about 5000 miles of sea, not the greatest morning commute i must say (Don't even think trains operate that far~)

Guest Sophitia

Is it possible for someone who lives halfway around the world to apply? Or is it just specific to korean citizens?!

^^ maybe about two weeks, although the sooner you apply, the better! and yes, as long as you know you'll be in seoul, that should be fine, although we would prefer to interview you in person.

*raises hand*

Can i apply and then spend all my time in the cafeteria? I like free drinks =D

Hope you get a lot of applicants, i would apply but you know...i just happen to be separated from the Enswer building by about 5000 miles of sea, not the greatest morning commute i must say (Don't even think trains operate that far~)

idk lord, i'm imagining you kayaking to the office every morning. i think you have what it takes!

Guest divinegrace402

Hi!

I'm really interested in this internship! Do you need prior experience in the media field to be considered for this application?

Guest PDURRR

man...it's totally been a dream of mine to work in a high rise lol

too bad i don't live in korea and i suck major nuts at korean anyway.

good luck to all the applicants!

Guest alwaysx3

I am currently an exchange student and will be in Korea for four months. Is it possible for me to apply as a part time intern?

Guest LazyBum

wow! i would really love to do this! But too bad i just came back from Seoul! Does this apply to foreigners who do not live in seoul but wants to if they can find a job there?

Guest LucKy#1

cool i am thinking of maybe going to korea during the summer for about 4 months. would i be able to do the internship then?

Guest adikkeluangman

The office looks cool. Can I come and visit if I suddenly decided to go to Korea for celeb stalking... :)

Anyway all the best to those that applied.

Ah, why now??? I wish it were earlier. I've been in Korea for a year and will be going back in 3 months =(. Quick question though, will you be able to sponsor someone if hired? And where in Seoul are you guys located? I may know a few people interested.

Guest JangMinHo

How I wish I could be in Korea RIGHT NOW. The office looks damn awesome!!!! ♥ Good luck to the new-intern-to-be person! 

Guest my.yonghwa.baby

i would apply if, you know, i wasn't a full-time student on the other side of the world.

bummer.

I am highly interested in this internship opportunity that you are giving out! But i have a few questions.

Are you looking for multiple interns? I am going to be studying abroad next year (Sept 2012-June2013), would it be possible to apply for a part time internship? and it's not a requirement to know korean as well? And for the writing example, it's kind of like a personal statement?

Thank you! Looking forward to seeing the progression of this!

Guest LucKy#1

Are you looking for only one intern? I would love to have an internship in Korea. I've been wanting to go to Korea for so long. If I tell my parents that I would be going to Korea for an internship, they would allow me to go.

Archived