Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

skinny and defined vs. big and muscular

I guess this thread is more toward the female's point of view, but what do you prefer?
Skinny and defined or big and muscular?

Me and my friends argue all the time when we work out: I'm usually lifting heavy (getting bigger) while they just lift a little.

Replies

• rachilderachilde United StatesPosts: 2,332Member
    edited March 2012
    I'm not a fan of unnecessarily large juicehead 'glamor muscles:'

stock-photo-athletic-sexy-attractive-male-body-builder-demonstrating-contest-pose-studio-shot-72145657.jpg

So maybe skinny and defined in the sense that there's a greater focus on strength/endurance instead of size:

beckhammilk.jpg

But I'm not a fan of the 'just cardio' body type:

come-at-me-bro-i-do-cardio.jpg

NOTE: But whatever you do, just remember to work both your upper and lower body. Men tend to neglect their lower bodies so I see all these guys walking around with really buff upper bodies but shrimpy legs. It just looks odd!
    MsChaofanlinhybearBlancCrayolaf0reveralwaysfabrications.ichigo_no_powderLolly~sashimi005
  • ~ BunnyliciouS ~~ BunnyliciouS ~ Mum OregonPosts: 26,361Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

edited March 2012
    I like The Rock's and Vin Diesel's.
    Beckham's is nice too.

But, that's just fantasy.
    For real life partner, as long as he has a flat stomach, I'm content.

babyjuicyXiaholic.
  • OMGAWDOMGAWD Posts: 928Member
    ~ BunnyliciouS ~ wrote on 06 March 2012 - 09:01 PM:

I like The Rock's and Vin Diesel's.
    Beckham's is nice too.

But, that's just fantasy.
    For real life partner, as long as he has a flat stomach, I'm content.

Fast Five must have made you wet... with perspiration.
    cherrierus
  • mintcrackermintcracker Posts: 7,287Member

IDOL

edited March 2012
    Swimmer's bodies are really attractive. Wide shoulders, toned and lean at the same time. My link

Ryan's body in that link is hot.
    fabrications.☁sashimi005
  • karyeekaryee CanadaPosts: 427Member

IDOL

I tend to like guys who have wide, broad shoulders and are usually bigger. :) 
  • hyunjoon18hyunjoon18 BlackJAcK U.S=HawaiiPosts: 379Member
    I prefer somewhere in between , :D
    2ne1sig.jpg
  • duh123duh123 Posts: 1,379Member

IDOL

i like tennis players' bodies. i guess a slim and defined rather than big. i don't like the look of guys who obviously look like they lift a lot of weights. sometimes their shoulders kind of droop down rather than stay straight then their neck gets really large. i don't like that look.
    prosperitas
  • x-serendipity-xx-serendipity-x Posts: 192Member

ROOKIE

edited March 2012
    I like a balanced mixture of fat and muscle? Sound weird? lol. I dunno, I'm not really attracted to really lean and defined guys, nor do I like overly big and muscular ones either. Balance is key. :) But I completely agree with the others in that broad shoulders are so sexy! 
    FotoFlexer_Photo-1.jpg
  • kangta26kangta26 Posts: 276Member

ROOKIE

rachilde wrote on 06 March 2012 - 11:19 AM:

But I'm not a fan of the 'just cardio' body type:

*quoted image*

NOTE:  But whatever you do, just remember to work both your upper and lower body.  Men tend to neglect their lower bodies so I see all these guys walking around with really buff upper bodies but shrimpy legs.  It just looks odd!

OMG haha crack up.. ^-^
  • fabrications.fabrications. i'm a ghost noPosts: 3,523Member

IDOL

edited March 2012
    I think most girls will say skinny and defined. dunno why, but muscle heads are just so unattractive. XD
    really agreeing with mintcracker here. I'm really into backs so wide/broad shoulders will give me more to touch. HAHA
  • PDURRRPDURRR a dull boy. Your Wildest Dreams.Posts: 7,610Moderator

edited March 2012
    i'd like beckham's body with more chest.
    i wouldn't want to be overly big because i want to look good in regular clothes too....

biggest i'd go for is a body like chris evans
    tumblr_lxm9t86kq31qa9vqgo2_500.gif

i think he is perfectttttt. anywhere near that caliber would keep me happy. i wouldn't care for anyone else's opinion lol.

an asian equivalent...maybe chinese model 王建银 wang jianyin
    tumblr_lgn6qmlZHf1qbqm42o1_500.jpg
    ugh..wish i had longer legs *tear*

i'm not a female though so i guess you can ignore this lol

you'll have to consider the age of the soompi girls' opinion...because teenagers will probably focus more on face while young adults less so.
    Grey.Dropsxue lilinhybear
  • princessberryprincessberry Posts: 218Member, New Member
    I dont like skinny as in skinny skinny! 

A little bit buff is totally cute :D 

taeyang-cover-pic.jpg

<3 hahahahahahaha
    I find and share inspiration with everyone! Where?  Here :D
    2partsvodka
  • HERMITHERMIT Posts: 10,599Friend of Soompi

EXALTED ONE

I don't do cardio. I do carbs, yo.

bona fide*SairooNesquickboo--remixxxoxo_sdbibzarafaylinhybearfabrications.MuuriSunniRise
  • 3sgtepower3sgtepower Posts: 17Member
    hmmm i guess the overall opinion is leaning more toward the skinnier defined guy with broad shoulders.......i might have to cut back on the heavier weights lol
  • xkatxrinaxxkatxrinax Posts: 136Member, New Member

ROOKIE

I find really muscular men really unattractive!! When it looks like their going to burst out of their skin is sooo gross XD I like medium build guys, not too skinny not too fat , not too muscular but not flabby :) and ya broad shoulders and a sexy back are gorgeous.
    Nesquickboo
  • nobody knowsnobody knows what I think outof thisworldPosts: 13,087Member

IDOL

3sgtepower wrote on 07 March 2012 - 09:00 AM:

hmmm i guess the overall opinion is leaning more toward the skinnier defined guy with broad shoulders.......i might have to cut back on the heavier weights lol

I think you should make your body type depending on how you want it, not random girls on soompi hahaha

in the end, if a girl is with you for your body, the relationship won't last anyway
    PDURRR
  • 3sgtepower3sgtepower Posts: 17Member
    nobody knows wrote on 07 March 2012 - 10:41 AM:

I think you should make your body type depending on how you want it, not random girls on soompi hahaha

in the end, if a girl is with you for your body, the relationship won't last anyway

very true, i agree 100%. I guess I was trying to find something to use against my friends :lol:

ROOKIE

This is going to sound really perverted of me, but the guys on realjock.com (forum for gay bodybuilders) have the nicest bodies ever. I swear. Any guy looking for inspiration should at least check that site out LOL.
    FotoFlexer_Photo-1.jpg
    PDURRRTun_tun
  • hyunjoon18hyunjoon18 BlackJAcK U.S=HawaiiPosts: 379Member
    ^Ima member of that LOL
    2ne1sig.jpg
    Tun_tunsilentcurse

ROOKIE

^ Then you know what I'm talking about! hehe. XD
    FotoFlexer_Photo-1.jpg