Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

18-Year-Old's Final Status Update: 'Driving And Facebooking Is Not Safe! Haha'

2»

Replies

• SunniRiseSunniRise Someone... feed me. Baker StreetPosts: 3,291Member

SUPERSTAR

If you can't keep your two hands on the steering wheel and both you eyes on the road, then you aren't proficient enough at texting and driving.
    (411)
    Feel free to follow. 
    superhumanchichiMka14Saseumi
  • monkeyinabarrelmonkeyinabarrel Posts: 1,371Member
    SunniRise wrote on 07 March 2012 - 01:31 PM:

If you can't keep your two hands on the steering wheel and both you eyes on the road, then you aren't proficient enough at texting and driving.

Don't antagonize them, they'll be texting with their toes and have their phones read out the messages.
  • SunniRiseSunniRise Someone... feed me. Baker StreetPosts: 3,291Member

SUPERSTAR

monkeyinabarrel wrote on 08 March 2012 - 03:27 AM:

Don't antagonize them, they'll be texting with their toes and have their phones read out the messages.

But with their toes in the air the car won't move. :phew:
    (411)
    Feel free to follow. 
  • HERMITHERMIT Posts: 10,101Friend of Soompi

EXALTED ONE

SunniRise wrote on 07 March 2012 - 02:55 PM:

But with their toes in the air the car won't move.  :phew:

But if their toes are in the air, they're usually not driving.
    They're probably not texting either.
    Truth be told, if there are toes in the air, the car would definitely be moving:  up and down in some dark, secluded parking lot.

superhumanchichiichigo_no_powderSaseumi
  • monkeyinabarrelmonkeyinabarrel Posts: 1,371Member
    HERMIT wrote on 07 March 2012 - 09:18 PM:

But if their toes are in the air, they're usually not driving.
    They're probably not texting either.
    Truth be told, if there are toes in the air, the car would definitely be moving:  up and down in some dark, secluded parking lot.

You're right they probably have their feet resting on the car dashboard with their seat reclined listening (if they're cool) to the black keys with the volume maxed up
    car-stereo-boom-box.jpg with a stereo like this how can the car not go up and down? They obviously didn't want to disturb the public so they went to a secluded lot...
    SunniRise
  • TuffcoreTuffcore Karmic RedemptionPosts: 5,204Member
    This is where Siri could've saved lives.
    Phones that talk and operate on voice recognition.

Next app, Highway Autopilot.
    Or iphone users can drive their cars using touchscreen on their phones.
    Pain is temporary
    Glory is forever
    superhumanchichi
  • SparklephlegSparklephleg Posts: 8Member
    Texting and driving is scarier than talking on the phone and driving...:sweatingbullets: not that I do either.
  • ignoremeignoreme EnglandPosts: 1,456Member

IDOL

Am I meant to feel sorry for this kid?
    People are too ignorant to realize beforehand (that would be me too), they just assume that it won't happen to them and then BAM! next thing you know, you're either in hospital or pretty much resting in peace.

Nevertheless, rest in peace.

m y 411

always keep the faith

CassiopeiaShinhwaChanjoA+

• leelee.leelee. USAPosts: 1,506Member

IDOL

I need to show this article to my mom. I'm the teen here but I am the one that has to tell her to stop texting and driving! It's so annoying, not to mention being completely DANGEROUS!

I really hope there is no one stupid enough to drive while drunk texting people. That would be the worst combination ever. :ph34r:
    bymanderly_angel.gif
    sig by manderly_angel

EXALTED ONE

edited March 2012
    I propose that Facebook do away with its Timeline format and instead introduce a new one -  Facebook: "Speedometer".

raaazelprisonerzero
  • snsd_foreverrsnsd_foreverr Posts: 232Member
    Pity. I was in a "similar" situation last week. I came to a full stop at a red light. There was a car in front of me. I was texting and got a bit distracted and I removed my foot from the break. In a couple of seconds, my car went on to hit the car in front of me. The women started to spaz out and stated that she was already suffering from back pain from another car accident. 

My car didn't even get a scratch and her car just had a few scratches. She took her car to the garage and they asked for $450 to paint her "entire" rear bumper. 
    I was forced to pay that amount because I didn't want my insurance company to get involved. mellow.gif

So don't text and drive kids!!!
    prisonerzero
  • BukAlanBukAlan Posts: 454Member
    distracted driving is a huge concern.  if i'm in a car with someone who's talking on the phone without a headset, i ask them to hang up.  they're putting the lives of everyone in the car at risk. 
  • pianogirl591pianogirl591 CanadaPosts: 156Member
    This is just eerie...I can't even imagine what her families and friends are going through.
    The friends she was texting/ messaging must feel incredibly guilty for her death.
    All of this could have been prevented if she had listened to her own advice.
  • inxomniainxomnia FunkytownnPosts: 1,086Member

IDOL

I think one of my main concerns is everyone thinks as though they're immune to car accidents. Everyone is either like "oh I'm a pro driver, I'll never get into an accident" so I'll just continue texting, speeding, drunk driving, talking on the phone because since I'm so pro nothing will happen to me. But what if it does? It doesn't only affect the one person it can wreak havoc on so many others.

What really irks me is that I've seen numerous bus drivers talk on the phone or text while driving. The hell? To think that a bus-full of people are entrusting their lives in this guys hands, and instead of it being on the wheel, it's texting away?! Grr.
    nana544
  • toomanytruckstoomanytrucks NYPosts: 150Member
    This is happening more and more. Do NOT be playing with your phone while you drive, no matter what. You're stupid to do so and are gambling with lives around you, not just yours. I have no sympathy in cases like this.
    xoxo
  • FrozyFrozy Posts: 1,082Member
    Malice_Kaiser wrote on 06 March 2012 - 06:19 AM:

Was the driver of the other truck okay? Not gonna lie, I also think texting and driving should be illegal. What people always seem to forget is that when you pull that crap you're not just endangering your own life, there are people surrounding you that you need to think of -- passengers, civilians, and other drivers. This girl could have easily killed OTHER PEOPLE too.

Wait, it's NOT illegal already?

EXALTED ONE

Frozy wrote on 16 March 2012 - 12:48 AM:

Wait, it's NOT illegal already?

Apparently not, in some places.
    So my advice is to remain ever vigilant of the people in their cars around you.
    You never know who could be texting or Facebooking while they are driving.

For me, I basically look out for girls making duckfaces while driving.  They're definitely up to some shenanigans.
    Shoot, I pretty much pull off to the side of the road until they are long gone.

Saseumi
2»