Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

Going to church just to talk/hit on girls..?

Replies

• CrunchyrunchyCrunchyrunchy Posts: 642Member

IDOL

edited March 2012
    ecstaticstranger wrote on 10 March 2012 - 07:46 PM:

What happens if she wants you to take the religion seriously? Actually go every sunday, holiday, and birthdays and such. Not eat meat, get baptized, things of that sort.

If she had any level of human decency then she would let me make the decision of whether or doing it or not.
  • lovebitelovebite Posts: 175Member

ROOKIE

At my church the girls are really intelligent, sociable, and goal driven. They have class and have such good characters. They inspire me. I hope their auras rub off on me. Lol

I guess initially I went into church to make friends and develop social skills because I had none. And of course to get to know God better. But maybe the first one more xD so I'm really no different than you. But all I can say is god used this opportunity to not only strengthen the bonds with them but also with Him so I'm grateful.

I guess God has to be in your factor somehow. If you're just going there for girls and not to know Him better, you surely will be disappointed.

IDOL

lovebite wrote on 10 March 2012 - 10:24 PM:

At my church the girls are really intelligent, sociable, and goal driven. They have class and have such good characters.  They inspire me. I hope their auras rub off on me. Lol

I guess initially I went into church to make friends and develop social skills because I had none. And of course to get to know God better. But maybe the first one more xD so I'm really no different than you. But all I can say is god used this opportunity to not only strengthen the bonds with them but also with Him so I'm grateful.

I guess God has to be in your factor somehow. If you're just going there for girls and not to know Him better, you surely will be disappointed.

So what have you learned about god?
  • ecstaticstrangerecstaticstranger Posts: 111Member, New Member
    Crunchyrunchy wrote on 10 March 2012 - 09:45 PM:

If she had any level of human decency then she would let me make the decision of whether or doing it or not.

And your children?
    sorry that the person you once loved wholeheartedly is someone you now hate.Suga Shikao--Tsuki No Knife                                       i will.
    Thank you for your tenacious nature. Especially when I rarely speak my mind.
    "Please give me some more time; you’re someone I can love & the one I will love is you."
    June 7, 200810:17PM

IDOL

ecstaticstranger wrote on 10 March 2012 - 10:40 PM:

And your children?

Not going to be having any.
  • goddessofkrwgoddessofkrw Posts: 722Member

IDOL

Crunchyrunchy:

I see you wanted to meet some girls, why not go to a club? There's tons of girls there. Or join a book club? Volunteering? Through friends' friend? Online dating site? There's tons of other ways. Why the church?
  • MannosukeMannosuke Posts: 12,761Member

SUPERSTAR

edited March 2012
    goddessofkrw wrote on 11 March 2012 - 02:30 PM:

I see you wanted to meet some girls, why not go to a club? There's tons of girls there. Or join a book club? Volunteering? Through friends' friend? Online dating site? There's tons of other ways. Why the church?

Do you go to a club to meet innocent women?
    No, you go to a church.

If you're looking for academic women, you go to school or a library or starbucks.

If you're looking for a good time, you go to a club. Or church.
  • zantac_2zantac_2 sydPosts: 3,261Member

IDOL

goddessofkrw wrote on 11 March 2012 - 12:30 PM:

Why the church?

he just doesnt know it yet. he secretly wants to walk the path holding gods hands. the girls is just an excuse.
    XenosbioZecstaticstrangerlovebiteChingGoo
  • frothygreenfrothygreen Posts: 3Member
    edited March 2012
    Crunchyrunchy wrote on 10 March 2012 - 06:20 PM:

Read my post carefully. Why do prayers have to be sanctioned by churches to make them legitimate? How does the architecture of the Church make it so special? A church is made of wood, glass and other misc. material is found in schools and even domestic housings. It is nothing more but a building made by humans to give the illusion of projecting people's faith.

I see you don't have a strong foundation of faith. I could pray on top of my bed as a way to relay prayers to god. Why do I need a priest who is a mortal with no association to god to guide me?
    Again the pertinent question here is what makes Church such a holy grounds for worship when anywhere can do like your own home for example. 

You need to explain this better.

Crunchyrunchy, if you did go to church, and people asked you why you decided to attend, would you tell them that you're there to hit on girls? 
    If not, then I guess you already know yourself that it's kind of a despicable thing to do.

As to why the church is more religious, it's more the symbol than the building that is important. Like a country's flag- it's made of cloth, 
    same as any normal piece of clothing, but burning a flag is a lot different from burning say a t-shirt. The church symbolises faith and becoming closer to God,
    and it was built for that purpose. It's not wrong to flirt in a church building per se, but if you do so during a church service or religious meeting, I personally feel 
    that it's a bit vulgar and disrespectful. I go to church to concentrate on God and to put aside all worldly things and thoughts, and here you are intruding on my 
    worshipping place, tainting it with the very thing that I go there to get away from. 
    ecstaticstrangerDaylightful
  • goddessofkrwgoddessofkrw Posts: 722Member

IDOL

Mannosuke wrote on 11 March 2012 - 05:06 PM:

Do you go to a club to meet innocent women?
    No, you go to a church.

What is the definition of "innocent"? Please describe in details.
    Although I don't know what your definition of "innocent" is, not all the girls that go to church is "innocent".
  • jellie_kookiejellie_kookie 만두 ♥ Posts: 1,400Member

IDOL

No one can stop you, bro, if you really want to.

Although personally, I think it's inappropriate since those girls go to church to learn more about God (some don't...) and you come along to hit on them. It's a sacred place. I know it's 'just a building', but for some, it's really special. It's disrespectful for the people who actually go there to listen and learn more about God.
    Trust me, there are times when I go to church partly because of the cute guys, but I know that people will look down upon it if someone went to church JUST to hit on people. Dude, it's a CHURCH. Find another place to pick up girls.
    twitter tumblr ;  411
    coup de foudre. 
    ♥
    goddessofkrwlovebiteChingGoo
  • BrosephBroseph Posts: 287Member

IDOL

The girl to guy ratio at church is way better than the ratios at clubs in my town. Usually something like 2 girls to 1 guy at church vs 1 girl to 7 guys at a club. Unfortunately, church is usually a bad place to overtly hit on girls. They smell the desperation and then its pretty hopeless. I think if you are sincere in seeking after God at church, then other people will notice and you will have a better chance of meeting someone for real. This is usually for marriage though, and not just a one night stand; although, I have heard of flings going on.
  • lovebitelovebite Posts: 175Member

ROOKIE

Crunchyrunchy wrote on 11 March 2012 - 01:32 AM:

So what have you learned about god?

God gives us free will over choosing to believe Him or not.

If you choose not to believe, that's okay. He won't force it down our throats. And that's the beauty of it.

God does not exist to fulfill our selfish desires.

When I was younger, I would "pray" to God selfishly, for some things that I wanted to happen. Badly. And it never got answered, after every night of "praying". And before I used this to justify why He didn't exist, because He never gave me what I wanted. But.. I was just very immature.

Some people may think that living a life for God is restrictive, with all rules that He gives, but actually it's there for a good reason.

How many people have strayed from what He asked, only to find themselves in deep trouble? How many families have been broken as a result of adultery? How many people find themselves in deep trouble after engaging in pleasure? It's just to keep us out of trouble, like our mother/father always keeping a close watch on us, and while we may not always agree with them, they always have our best interests in mind. Not listening will incur consequences as a result of your own actions.

Family members often ask me, "Why go to church? You don't need to believe in God. Just believe in yourself. We don't need to believe in Him because we believe in ourselves."

I'm not like them, I'm very weak by nature, easily tempted and easily led astray. Maybe I'm just blindly believing because I so desperately want to know that I am here for a reason, to know that there is a greater being out there that looks after us. But I just can't explain it, He has done so much for me that I just know He is real.

Anyways, it's not the most ideal place to meet girls though, haha. Don't try it. I think fellowship is more important... but if you want to try making friends then sure :)
    DaylightfulSoulistice
  • ChingGooChingGoo SFPosts: 284Member
    lol. You're pathetic.
    jellie_kookieecstaticstranger

IDOL

edited March 2012
    frothygreen wrote on 12 March 2012 - 10:57 PM:

Crunchyrunchy, if you did go to church, and people asked you why you decided to attend, would you tell them that you're there to hit on girls? 
    If not, then I guess you already know yourself that it's kind of a despicable thing to do.

As to why the church is more religious, it's more the symbol than the building that is important. Like a country's flag- it's made of cloth, 
    same as any normal piece of clothing, but burning a flag is a lot different from burning say a t-shirt. The church symbolises faith and becoming closer to God,
    and it was built for that purpose. It's not wrong to flirt in a church building per se, but if you do so during a church service or religious meeting, I personally feel 
    that it's a bit vulgar and disrespectful. I go to church to concentrate on God and to put aside all worldly things and thoughts, and here you are intruding on my 
    worshipping place, tainting it with the very thing that I go there to get away from. 

A flag is a symbol and I can see that burning it is disrespectful but the thing is, is that I am just going to a church to flirt with girls. It is vastly different than going to a church and burning it down. Burning someone else's property is disrespectful but that is besides the point.
    If I am an U.S American do I really need to carry the U.S flag around me to show and remind myself that I am prideful of the country? Same logic with the Church concept. Do I really need to go to Church to facilitate praying when I can do the same at home or anywhere else? 
    Lmao... I am not going to flirt while a pray or a preach is in session. Interrupting a priest or anyone that is speaking out loud is universally agreed to be rude and disrespectful. 

I would just do it while the session is done. I mean is that so rude?? Kind of like hitting on chick when class is dismissed, would that be so vulgar?  People do it all the time and it isn't frown upon.

ChingGoo wrote on 14 March 2012 - 12:34 AM:

lol. You're pathetic.

Thanks man! I am completely open to god now after reading your reply.

I really like the part where you articulated your reason and how informative it was.

Will rep soon!

IDOL

jellie_kookie wrote on 13 March 2012 - 08:21 AM:

No one can stop you, bro, if you really want to.

Although personally, I think it's inappropriate since those girls go to church to learn more about God (some don't...) and you come along to hit on them. It's a sacred place. I know it's 'just a building', but for some, it's really special. It's disrespectful for the people who actually go there to listen and learn more about God.
    Trust me, there are times when I go to church partly because of the cute guys, but I know that people will look down upon it if someone went to church JUST to hit on people. Dude, it's a CHURCH. Find another place to pick up girls.

So people go to school to learn more about a variety of things.. Yet people hit on each other all the time.

I don't see the logic here.

IDOL

goddessofkrw wrote on 11 March 2012 - 10:30 AM:

Crunchyrunchy:

I see you wanted to meet some girls, why not go to a club?  There's tons of girls there.  Or join a book club?  Volunteering?  Through friends' friend?  Online dating site? There's tons of other ways.  Why the church?

I don't know where you guys are from but I lived in the U.S and churches here are seen as community centers.
  • myuziknotemyuziknote Posts: 50Member
    As long as you're not causing trouble for other people, I don't think it's a bad idea. Honestly, some people need to get that stick out of their butt and stop harassing the OP. Just say it's not a good idea, no need to insult him.
  • an6e7ican6e7ic Posts: 19Member

ROOKIE

Funny story…

Before my grandparents met each other, they both were planning to commit their lives to God and the church; my grandfather was to become a priest while my grandmother was training to become a nun. Long story short, they met…AT YOU KNOW WHERE…LOL. And from there, they got married, had 11 children, and lived to see their 20+ grandchildren and 30+ great grandchildren…

So, I think church is just as likely a place as any to meet that potential special someone ;)
    pervertbona fide*Eclectic
  • robotomyrobotomy Posts: 2,607Member

IDOL

edited March 2012
    Dude, do whatever the hell you want! There are different girls that have different morals and so on. Not every girl there is super religious and all loving. I know a ton of people who do that. I would never do it because I'm not very fond of the idea. But that's just me.
    LJ
    LAST.FM