4FRfP.jpg

Li Yi Feng as Chen Li Yang

U2599P28T3D3699400F234DT20120731160719.j

Fang Anna as Lin Xiaoxiao

U2599P28T3D3699401F234DT20120731160726.j

Extended Cast

Other-Cast.png
---- PLOT ----

Lee Da Hae is Wang Xiao Xia, a naturally talented chef who works part-time jobs to scrape by as she supports her nephew Yang Guang. Due to a mistake by the real estate agent Chen Hao Jie, Xiao Xia gets swindled by her landlord, leaving her homeless. With nowhere to go, Hao Jie takes Xiao Xia back to his house for the time being. Turns out the Chen family owns a very prominent restaurant chain. Through a series of misunderstandings, Xiao Xia is mistaken as Hao Jie’s girlfriend. But their odd behavior leaves the other Chen son Hao Feng (Joe Cheng) suspicious of the real relationship.

Daddy Chen and the younger Chen cousin Li Yang (Li Yi Feng) immediately takes a liking to Xiao Xia. After Xiao Xia’s real identity is revealed, she doesn’t get kicked out, and is instead being groomed as the successor chef. The personalities of Xiao Xia and Hao Feng are like water and fire, and they constantly bicker. After going through a series of situations together, they gradually grow closer and start to have warm feelings for each other. Hao Feng’s ex-girlfriend tries to create a wedge between the couple by manufacturing a series of misunderstandings. A cousin of the Chen family returns and plots to take over the family business. But with Xiao Xia’s perseverance and faith, the Chen family overcomes this ordeal, and Xiao Xia and Hao Feng finally have their happy ending together.

Credit: ockoala

---- PRODUCTION CREDITS ----

Production company: Haoju TV (好剧影视)
Director: Lin He Long 

---- RELATED LINKS ----

Baidu Bar
Official Weibo Account
Viki Channel

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee Da-hae cast in Chinese drama

photo225129.jpg

Actress Lee Da-hae is stepping into the Chinese market.

She has recently been cast as the leading female role in a Chinese drama. The first shoot will take place in Shanghai, China on the 5th of March.

This Chinese drama is about the success story of a chef based in a dumpling house and Lee Da-hae is the leading character named So-ha who overcomes all obstacles in her unfortunate life, raising her niece altogether.

Foresta Entertainment revealed, "She is fluent in three languages so she doesn't have a problem with overseas activities. Her fluency in Chinese helps her get continuous love calls from the country".

Meanwhile, Lee Da-hae has about 2,600,000 followers on her Chinese SNS Weibo and was once an issue for her appearance on a Chinese program without an interpreter after having mastered the language for 7 years since the release of 2005 "Green Rose".

Source : http://news.nate.com/view/20120302n05170?mid=e0101( Korean )

Credit: HanCinema

========================================

Lee Da Hae Cast in Chinese Drama "Love Actually"

80cd81867ce70e2a7263e5e4943ac5f3_large.jpg

Actress Lee Da Hae has been cast to play the heroine of upcoming Chinese drama, "Love Actually," a story about a talented chef's success. Lee Da Hae will play the main character, Wang Xiao Xia, a naturally talented chef working part-time at a small restaurant as she struggles to raise her nephew. She later gets a chance to work at a prominent dim sum restaurant and becomes successful in the end.

0994333c3482de9ddf6f140d4d101503_large.jpg

Since "Green Rose" gained much popularity in China back in 2005, Lee Da Hae has been diligently learning Chinese to communicate with her fans. Previously, she has appeared on a Chinese variety show "Happy Camp" without an interpreter, proving her fluency in the language. Lee Da Hae also has a big Chinese fan base, over 2.6 million following her on Weibo, Chinese twitter.

Lee Da Hae will begin filming "Love Actually" in Shanghai on March 5.

Credit: soompie

========================================

March 2, 2012

Will Lee Da Hae Become the Next Big Hallyu Star in China?

Source: Nate l CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, JinHo Translation Credit : Ju Ahn Lee

Actress Lee Da Hae (28) may have been popular in Korea for the past decade, but she is expanding her horizon and becoming a hallyu star these days. Her popularity in China spread through her role in KBS2's 2005 drama, My Girl. Her confirmed role in an upcoming Chinese drama Love Recipe has further raised her appeal there.

Since My Girl came out seven years ago, we were curious to see if Lee was still attracting the interest of the Chinese people. Therefore we went and found out just how popular she was in China.

F120302_006_1.JPG

On March 2, a rep from her agency said, "Lee Da Hae has been cast as a lead in the Chinese drama Love Recipe and will head to Shanghai on March 5 to start filming for the production."

In Love Recipe, Lee plays the role of Soha, raising her niece on her own and overcoming many obstacles to become a successful dumpling restaurant chef.

A rep from the drama revealed that rising Chinese star Jung Won Chang will also star in the drama. According to a Chinese portal website, Jung ranked as the 36th most popular celebrity in China.

Taiwanese director Lin He Long, known for his romantic comedies such as Flower Boy Basketball Court, Why Why Love, and Hi, My Sweetheart, has been picked as the drama's director. It appears Lee is in good hands under Lin's direction, and should be able to increase her popularity in both China and Taiwan.

It doesn't end there. Lee also has 2,670,000 fans on Weibo, China's version of Twitter. More incredibly, she gets anywhere from 1000-3000 replies in a matter of seconds whenever she posts something in Chinese. Furthermore, the press has been following her every move, enough to completely fill her Cyworld homepage with pictures.

Of course, it's still too early to declare Lee as the top hallyu star in China. Following in the footsteps of Lee Min Ho, Choo Ja Hyun, Lee Young Ae, Song Hye Gyo, and Jun Ji Hyun have all built a considerable fan base that exceeds Lee’s following.

However, the fact that she is appearing in a Chinese drama is no small feat. Her popularity could skyrocket just as Choo's had, and her fluent Mandarin could prove to be a big advantage. It will be interesting to see if Lee will be able to propel herself as China's top Hallyu star through her appearance in Love Recipe.

F120302_007.jpg

Photo credit: IM Community, Lee Da Hae's Weibo

As mentioned in the news, this will be the first Chinese drama Lee Da Hae will do and will mark her debut in the Chinese entertainment industry. She has been studying Chinese language for about 7 years now to make this step.

Here is LDH greeting video for the drama which she spoke Mandarin in it:

LDH "Love Actually" Drama Greeting

LDH already arrived to Shanghai yesterday to start preparing for the filming which she will start on 5th March and I think Joe will be also joining her in the filming on that day as he already arrived to Shanghai few days ago.

LDH and Joe Cheng are already friends and here is a picture from Montblanc Event back in 2010 and from that time they became close friends:

6162970149ead6d3d114b68db48d1abd_large.jpg

And from Chinese news it seems that DaHae and Joe recommended each other to the producers when negotiated with them for the drama because they wanted to working with each other in a project :w00t:;) So, we will surely expect a great chemistry between the two of them :wub:

http://haoju.idea-source.net/news/detail.aspx?infoid=27&typeid=2

Google Translation:

"爱的蜜方" 是李多海与郑元畅、李易峰的首次合作。据制片方透露,在他们分别洽谈李多海和郑元畅时,两人因彼此在韩国和中国台湾居高不下的人气而分别向制片方推荐希望互相合作。

"The love honey parties" is the first collaboration of Lee Da Hae and Zheng Yuan Chang, Yi Li peak. Respectively, according to the producers in their negotiations Lee Da Hae and Zheng Yuan Chang, two for each other, the high popularity in South Korea and China Taiwan, respectively, recommended to the producers hope that the mutual cooperation.

98b1c683jw1dqkfcl92vtj.jpg

Guest faraz3500

Welcome to the thread faraz3500 :)^_^ Hope we all share our thoughts and news about the drama here and enjoy this drama together :wub:

yes I hope so :)

hope we could find enough subber and help for it too :)

yes I hope so :)

hope we could find enough subber and help for it too :)

I followed your channel I think I am no 1 :)

Hehehe, Thank you :) And yes I hope we can have fast subs for this drama when it airs.

And I want also to share that LDH has mentioned in her weibo and twitter when leaving Korea to Shanghai that she will be staying there 2.5 months for the filming.

And from some Chinese news the drama will be airing in summer and most probably around July or August. Really can't wait for the broadcast :wub:

Also this drama may be the last project before Joe Cheng before his enlistment in the army.

Guest Golden_ochna

edit:

kDa2t.jpg 

171530pfxffgebejx4zxtz.gif

42a6365egw1dsr3nijneoj.jpg

Fanarts 171530pfxffgebejx4zxtz.gif

Joe 's handsome! Da Hae's gorgeous!

3b87e950352ac65c014c1cc7fbf2b21193138a3c.jpg

c2fdfc039245d688abebc810a4c27d1ed31b249c.gif

Our beautiful talented Chef!wub.gif

Credit to Baidu for these cute artworks!

Thank you Golden_ochna for the posting the cute fan arts here :D

Also here are some more pictures from the filming with Li Yi Feng and Fang Anna, really can't wait to see photos of our leads filming too :wub:

4abebb95d4b5ec4dc573e7608c8b69f6_large.jpg

918fec34f5e784f3bd2648de70f048f2_large.jpg

7f704b92gw1dqmvuric2oj.jpg

424edbc746deb12f17057cb65455a91a_large.jpg

639532ff10264e37ac1ab3ccc4dcb661_large.jpg

1aaf6bfe853f2395b62d9b8957a7a6fc_large.jpg

Credit: Weibo and Baidu

Guest Bosco_96

hope this drama will be big hit

i love LDH, of course, and like LYF, hope to see many many chemistry of them :lol:

Bosco_96, I am afraid we may suffer from second lead syndrome and get obsessed with LYF in here ;):D But for sure we will have lots of eye candy in this drama. I need to prepare myself to handle watching all those handsome and hot actresses/actors on my screen, LOL :lol:

And here are more couple of pictures from the filming :D

9d8aa55egw1dqnsek6tohj.jpg

9d8aa55egw1dqnrjhj6nfj.jpg

Credit: Weibo

Guest Golden_ochna

Fan-made poster wub.gif

Credit to Baidu

8003ea4627118652e84d94a05ffdde64_large.jpg

Is it a love-triangle? w00t.gif

Who should Xiao Xia select, Hao Feng (Joe) or Hao Jie (Feng)? If I were Xiao Xia, I'd choose the taller guy (coz Xiao Xia's 1m70 tall and platform shoes are always her good friends, I guess! ) 58.gif

Based on the synopsis released Xiao Xia is first mistaken as Hao Jie Girl friend and so, I think we will get to see a lot of interactions between them and so, I think we will have a Love Triangle with Hao Feng as well :wub:

And LOL Golden_ochna, I am relieved that both our male leads are tall (both more than 180 although Joe Cheng is taller :D ) but I think we won't see LDH wearing a lot of high heels in this drama as Xiao Xia :lol:

And here is a first glance of LDH filming the drama, the weather seem to be really cold and raining in the past few days in Shanghai wish all the cast take care of them selves and keep worm :wub:

875bfb3agw1dqp0v4vvfaj.jpg

Also a video of both LDH and LYF, it is really funny the way he rides the bike :D

http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/72347438-1277132157.html

when will this drama start? OMGeee....im so looking forward for this.

Welcome here yoyo_icecube, according to some news reports it will air in summer this year and most probably in July or August. I know it is a long wait for us :( But I think watching this incredible cast together on our screen is surely worth waiting :):wub:

Also another report about the drama:

March 5, 2012

Will Lee Da Hae′s Fluent Mandarin Make Her a Top Hallyu Star in China?

CJ E&M enewsWorld Choi, EunHwa Translation Credit : Ju Ahn Lee

Actress Lee Da Hae will costar with top Chinese actor Jung Won Chang in the upcoming Chinese drama Love Recipe.

Lee will travel to Shanghai on March 5 to start shooting for the production of Love Recipe (directed by Lin He Long). Rising Chinese star, Jung, has been selected to work alongside Lee in the drama.

E120305_002.jpg

Jung gained fame in Korea and became a global star through the Taiwanese drama Playful Kiss. Lee and Jung’s meeting can be characterized as a collaborative work of two representative actors from their respective countries.

In China, many are already referring to it as “the meeting between two great (actors),” elevating the already-high expectations of the drama.

In Love Recipe, Lee plays the role of Soha, raising her niece on her own and overcoming many obstacles to become a successful dumpling restaurant chef.

ch_1330908242_957062761_0.jpg

ch_1330908243_957271324_1.jpg

Lee’s drama My Girl (2008), Hello Baby (2007), and the recent Miss Ripley have all been big hits with Chinese viewers and she is well on her way to becoming a true hallyu star in China.

More incredibly, Lee has over 2,600,000 followers on Weibo, China′s version of Twitter, and continues to gain popularity as her fluent Mandarin has differentiated herself from many of the other hallyu stars.

Photo credit: Forestar Entertainment

Reach reporter Choi Eunhwa on Twitter @silvercandy88!

Welcome here yoyo_icecube, according to some news reports it will air in summer this year and most probably in July or August. I know it is a long wait for us :( But I think watching this incredible cast together on our screen is surely worth waiting :):wub:

long wait...*sigh* but it's OK...hehe.. i will wait patiently (need to clear my hard disk for this drama.)

btw, since Lee Da hae fluent in chinese, so she don't need someone else dubbing for her? or she still using dubbing?

long wait...*sigh* but it's OK...hehe.. i will wait patiently (need to clear my hard disk for this drama.)

btw, since Lee Da hae fluent in chinese, so she don't need someone else dubbing for her? or she still using dubbing?

LOL, you have reminded me of that. I think I will need this cleanup as well :D

About dubbing DaHae voice, this news mention that DaHae will speak her lines in Chinese and they won't be dubbing her voice :)

http://translate.google.com.eg/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=ar&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftieba.baidu.com%2Fp%2F1439584574

I am not sure if this is really true but we know she have been studying for about 3 months now on the script to be able to speak her lines in Chinese which will help to feel the character and communicate with her fellow actors better but this don't mean they won't be dubbing her voice after all specially because of the accent.

We will need to wait and see :) But if this really happen I think she may become the first or at least one of the few (as I don't know if this happened before) foreign artists who act fully in Chinese which will be really remarkable :wub:

Another add to the cast, actress Liu Yue "刘越" will be playing Joe Cheng first love who left him to go abroad to advance in her career and after she becomes successful she comes back and try to get him back as well.

Img336841092.jpg

Here is the Chinese news:

http://translate.google.com.eg/translate?sl=zh-CN&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=ar&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fyule.sohu.com%2F20120306%2Fn336841089.shtml

Also actor Wong Che Wah "王志华" will appear in the drama, no reports about his role but I think he may be playing the role of Mr.Chen the father of our two male leads and the owner of the restaurant chain.

42a6365ejw1dkw2bj9j0aj.jpg

I have read some comments on weibo that Joe won't join the filming until may be mid March :( I don't know if this is true but I really can't wait to have all the cast together in the set and to have more and more BTS pictures :wub:

I am so happy, they didn't want me to get sad after what I read about Joe on Weibo yesterday :lol: Our lead have finally joined the rest of the cast in filming in Shanghai today :w00t::w00t:

And also we get to see lots of BTS pictures of the cast today :wub:

LDH Filming :)

cc903346dbbf5da23b2292f122f2b814_large.jpg2e8ded850d128d79ca5314c6a6201d0f_large.jpge429ff37aa28da16eca48bd3237711e7_large.jpg

The brothers Joe and LYF filmed together:

5221afe1jw1dqrfbvfu3uj.jpg
5221afe1gw1dqrgt5csfbj.jpg
5221afe1gw1dqrhmg42v5j.jpg
5221afe1gw1dqrgpw4i0kj.jpg
5221afe1jw1dqrdlz9c7xj.jpg

Here is how our leads spend their break time :D

6e0f6633jw1dqrgggp01lj.jpg
6b99260ejw1dqrfpr50tsj.jpg
68eef1cejw1dqrc9nwgw1j.jpg

Archived