Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soompi Community Chat -- join us again this week!

Replies

• Wingless.DreamsWingless.Dreams My unseemly promise to forget you makes me cry again USA :)Posts: 3,030Member
    Although I was in the chat for a short while (Only seeing soompi facebook post like 7 hours later) I thought there wouldn't be anyone else in there since it was close to midnight, but I was wrong. There were soompiers and everyone was really nice. :)
    I enjoyed the short chat with everyone in the room. :) Hopefully next time I'm off early from work where there's a chat going on.
    Songs are my inspiration.
    wingless.jpg
    (C) x3RiChan for the banner____
    Fly away love.
    endeavorjisolRebbyxosandy
  • dreamerismdreamerism Posts: 189Member
    edited March 2012
    "But anyway, it seemed like the chat was a nice little success in helping members connect and learn a little bit more about each other." Well then... it was definitely nice to learn a little bit more about the Man behind the "HERMIT", someone I'm sure everyone is so familiar with haha~ I found out about the chat from the facebook post too, but what ultimately drew me in was because you guys had used Hermit's picture xD Not gonna lie, after a few months of perusing the General Discussion and Current Events forums, I've turned into a tiny little fangirl for him.

In any case, I must admit I was a little nervous joining a good 3 hours after the chat started. Would there be anyone still be there? Safe to say that after logging in, I was happily welcomed into the conversation by jisol and a couple other people. The chat was easy to use for a first-timer, and the occasional irc commands that I needed to use went smoothly thanks to Hermit's link on the front page. After the initial 5-10min of learning that when your username is mentioned, the person who typed it will turn red(I didn't notice it beeped as well until it was well into the conversation though ^^) everything was smooth sailing from then on.

One of the highlights that stood out for me was definitely when the entire chat practically went silent as we listened to happy_go_lucky's encounter with SHINee, and specifically, Taemin(honestly I wasn't a fan of before, but after that story...I might reconsider it, heh). Along with jisol(I think it was her)'s fangirling, it was really cool to get a little insight on what it's like behind the forums. Not to mention, who doesn't love story time? I mean really, she described it so well that it felt like we were reliving her glorious moment.

I think one of the important factors to note is that there were two ways that this chat could have gone (at least for me, since I can't speak for anyone else): I could have slowly dwindled down on the chatting, letting the nervousness of joining an irc chat with people I don't know take over and just lurk and creep and probably wouldn't have had this much to say in a post about my experience of soompi community chat. OR, I could let myself settle down and just calmly take the chat in stride. Slowly opening up, along with the rest of the members, and having a great time, which I did.

I think I've written enough about this, so I'm going to end this wall of text with this: I'd like to thank all the mods, the admins, whoever was in the chat, and soomp! for hosting the chat yesterday. I may be just one person, but you totally made that one could-have-been-a-boring-night-of-youtube-watching night into one that was so memorable, and so exciting to be a part of! With that said, may I be a tiny little fangirl of you all now? *waves pom poms*
    SET APART TH!S DREAM :: TWEET / TUMBLR / LAST.fm
    YoojiinendeavorjisolKisforKARENx3starformeWingless.DreamsNutikmelkimxRebbyxosandyYoyomiyachan11
  • orangemanorangeman Posts: 2,645Friend of Soompi

IDOL

edited March 2012
    Would it be costly to host a chat all the time? IRC doesn't seem to be very demanding and I wouldn't mind donating to support this feature if others find it useful. 
  • fabrications.fabrications. i'm a ghost Second PlacePosts: 3,430Member

IDOL

edited March 2012
    I'm in the chat at this moment....and uh, I'm not sure if anyone is there. XD

....I'm missing the sessions, aren't I?
  • melkimxmelkimx momoPosts: 6,082Administrator

ADMIN

^ oh… yeah lol. Sorry, let me redo the title so it doesn't say "CHAT RIGHT NOW."

Hi all! Thanks to soomp for finding a place to hold the chat, lordbordem for helping me research good chat options, jisol for suggesting the chat and for moderating/hosting it, and &endeavors. for moderating/hosting it! (I feel like I'm forgetting names... if I am, let me know, sorry.) And thanks to all of you who graced us with your presence and made the Soompi chatroom a nice place to be!

I agree that the chat wasn't publicized too well. Sorry about that, but we actually wanted to keep it informal and low-key since we haven't done anything like that in awhile. However, since it went pretty well, we'll definitely announce it further in advance next time around. And there should be a next time -- the moderators are planning how to run it and how often. We'll keep you updated on that front.

I'm really glad that the chat gave people a chance to get to know each other! There were tons of nice people in there and I was very glad to be able to meet wonderful new members! I hope we can do another one soon, reunite, and meet more cool people! I wish I could have stuck around for longer, but we opted to hold it when the majority would be able to participate easily, so us folks in Asia were kind of stuck with the short end (i.e., I was checking in during work). One of these days we may hold a 24-hour extravaganza, but… wow, that would be pretty taxing for our poor moderators, lol. I'm imagining them sitting there surrounded by empty Red Bull cans.

orangeman, the IRC chat was actually free! So don't worry about it… oh, you mean hosting it on Soompi permanently? Yeah, it's something we talk about from time to time but it does take a super lot of resources. It's not in the plans for now but that doesn't mean we won't try to make it happen!

YoojiinRebby
  • happy go luckyhappy go lucky say bye bye... Seoul, South KoreaPosts: 499Moderator

edited March 2012
    dreamerism wrote on 03 March 2012 - 04:48 AM:

One of the highlights that stood out for me was definitely when the entire chat practically went silent as we listened to happy_go_lucky's encounter with SHINee, and specifically, Taemin(honestly I wasn't a fan of before, but after that story...I might reconsider it, heh). Along with jisol(I think it was her)'s fangirling, it was really cool to get a little insight on what it's like behind the forums. Not to mention, who doesn't love story time? I mean really, she described it so well that it felt like we were reliving her glorious moment.

Aww thank you... that's really sweet! I didn't intend for it to turn into that at all, but glad people enjoyed the story and hopefully the photos lol.

PS: he* :P hence the insane amount of jess/taeng fanning in between haha
  • dot1qdot1q The Mysterious One New YorkPosts: 2,463Friend of Soompi

IDOL

Awww man I missed it. :( I read about it last week and was looking forward to joining but my schedule got ahead of myself. Glad things turned out relatively well and hope to join the next one!
    I am NOT an admin. :)
  • YoyoYoyo Posts: 5,448Moderator

melkimx wrote on 03 March 2012 - 01:18 PM:

Ah, I practically missed it as well and wasn't informed until I saw twitter posts after work. I was hoping a second chat would start again soon and like HERMIT had mentioned, a 24 hour based on would be all for the better for international fans but then again I'd feel sorry for the moderators for holding out for that long as well! Hahas, hope to catch it the next time around :) It would've been nice to speak to the sarcastic person behind the user of HERMIT. ^^

image image

• MannosukeMannosuke Posts: 12,624Member

SUPERSTAR

Isn't it just a regular IRC channel that anyone could visit at anytime?
  • NPB-XKNPB-XK Thread Hijacker Area-Sexy-One - MontrPosts: 5,093Member

SUPERSTAR

So there was a lot of fangirling in the chatroom?
    The Few. The Proud. The Canadians.canada_leaf.png Ductus Exemplo. Semper Fi. Oorah.
  • HeroHero Los AngelesPosts: 56Member
    edited October 2013

instagram.com/storyofacrow

A crow; no more, no less.

No Risks, No Rewards.

健全なる魂は, 健全なる精神と, 健全なる肉体に宿る.

하늘의 따기.

• melkimxmelkimx momoPosts: 6,082Administrator

ADMIN

We will be having another chat this week, same time, same place: Thursday, March 22, starting at 6 PM EST (3 PM PST) at Quakenet! See the original post here for details on how to join. Hope to see you there!

dreamerismxosandyYoyoparadicezYoojiinjamie .
  • lordbordemlordbordem Le Penguin Officiel Posts: 1,109Friend of Soompi

IDOL

Why are these chats always on when i'm busy at University lectures T.T

Ah well, might drop in a bit later on like before, it was fun chatting with people during the last chat session =D

• wassupKielwassupKiel Posts: 2Member
    i so new here. i knew this site not too long ago. a while ago, i just decided to become a member. :)))))) annyeong <3

i hope i can join this chat. see you. :))))))) <3
  • adikkeluangmanadikkeluangman Yours truly KL, MYPosts: 12,148Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

No, I will miss this. Is it gonna be like 7am at my place.
  • YoojiinYoojiin seoulPosts: 293Friend of Soompi
    So it would be at night for me, I hope to be able to join! It was so fun last time.^__^
    moonsunmysignmandselect123-1.jpgroofroof22left2.jpgroofroof22right2.jpg
    I called it the Moon that Embraces the Sun. The King is the Sun and the Queen is the Moon. | Is this...the after life?
  • emerhelienaemerheliena PhilippinesPosts: 562Member

ROOKIE

Uhmmm I am a bit confused on the time difference...hope I can join too..
    Fanfics Finished: We Will Meet Again Someday, Love Beyond The Stars, Crazy Love, Please Wait For Me, Online Now, A Star For A Star, I Love You My Friend, A Crhristmas Ange, A Dream, After The Light Fades, Another Chance, Borrowed Heart, Elora's Christmas Wish, Last Christmas, My Dream WIth You, Perfect Man, Together, U-Turn, Wasurenaide,
    Ongoing Fics: A Race To My Heart, Borrowed From God, Love Me Again, The One Who Holds My Heart

SIggieDTL2edited.png
  • HERMITHERMIT Posts: 10,094Friend of Soompi

EXALTED ONE

edited March 2012
    emerheliena wrote on 22 March 2012 - 05:55 AM:

Uhmmm I am a bit confused on the time difference...hope I can join too..

If it helps, the chat will begin in 9 hours from the time stamp that you see on your post above, wherever you may be.  And if it is like the last chat, it should last for about 7 hours from its start.

• dovelydovely Posts: 2New Member
    Oh! that is 6 a.m. Friday my time right before work...but I'll try to join. happy.gif
  • emerhelienaemerheliena PhilippinesPosts: 562Member

ROOKIE

HERMIT wrote on 22 March 2012 - 09:05 PM:

If it helps, the chat will begin in 9 hours from the time stamp that you see on your post above, wherever you may be.  And if it is like the last chat, it should last for about 7 hours from its start.

Thank you so much for telling me. I will surely try to join in the chat then... Hope to be able to chat with you too. I really appreciate your help. :D
    Fanfics Finished: We Will Meet Again Someday, Love Beyond The Stars, Crazy Love, Please Wait For Me, Online Now, A Star For A Star, I Love You My Friend, A Crhristmas Ange, A Dream, After The Light Fades, Another Chance, Borrowed Heart, Elora's Christmas Wish, Last Christmas, My Dream WIth You, Perfect Man, Together, U-Turn, Wasurenaide,
    Ongoing Fics: A Race To My Heart, Borrowed From God, Love Me Again, The One Who Holds My Heart

SIggieDTL2edited.png