Eyecare for Dark Circles?

Guest Des Choi

Guest Des Choi

Thank you all for the recommendations for the oily/combo skincare! I'm currently using The Body Shops Seaweed line and love it! ...though.. it is a little too drying, so I'll have to look for a new mosturizer.

But, does anyone know of a product that can lessen the dark eye circles? I sleep for at least 8 hours and drink plenty of water and still have bags and look tired! Please if someone can help I would greatly appeciate it!

Guest ghettoe

Well, what's your skin condition like? Mild acne, a lot?

While I currently use cetaphil (planning to change though)

I used to love the clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion.

As opposed to buying acne systems since my acne is not harsh, I buy treatments instead. I use

cetaphil face wash

clinique toner (from the acne line) planning to switch to Paula's choice

Paula's choice treatment (BHA)

cetaphil moisturizer (planning to switch to Paula's Choice)

Paula's choice sun lotion.

I am loving the Paula's choice line. I recently started using it and it is so nice! (don't buy from amazon, overpriced!)

Yeah the condition matters a lot as well. I have oily/combo skin as well but my acne isn't really all that bad. I only get break outs during the time of the month and when I don't watch my diet (eating too much chocolate, sweets, oil and fats).I also heard from friends who have used ProActiv that your skin gets seriously bad when you stop using it so you'll start breaking out like mad after stopping. Hope it doesn't happen to you :/

I used to use drug store products like neutrogena and such but I'm starting to use The Body Shop products from the seaweed line and it's amazing so far.

AM routine:

Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash

Seaweed Clarifying Toner

Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream or Aveeno lotion (if I'm staying in)

They have a moisturizer as well but because I'm pretty much allergic to SPF I can't use it. But you can try it as well.

PM routine:

Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash

Seaweed Clarifying Toner

Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion (because I have a lot of blemish scars) or Aveeno lotion

All in all, I'm absolutely in love with the products I've tried. The facial wash is really smooth on the skin and it's not as harsh as the other products that I've tried so far. Hope it works out for you as well! ^^

Guest EXQU1S1TE

I have the same type of skin. I do have some acne but it's minimal and only concentrated on two areas (my chin and cheeks). I've used almost everything to find something that will minimize the oil on my face and nothing worked or did but only for a little time. I've finally found a routine that contains my oily face the WHOLE day :)

Facial wash: Olay Total Effects Cream Cleanser Plus Blemish Control

I saw a noticeable difference within the first week or using it. It cleanses well without overdrying my skin, which causes more oil to be produced.

Facial toner: Olay Oil Minimizing Toner

Those with oily skin, I feel, must use toner after cleansing. It removes whatever is left over on your face after cleansing which in turn, keeps your acne away because there is less bacteria on the face. I follow this up right after using my cleanser.

Spot treatment: Tea Tree Oil (100% Natural)

You can use any brand as long as it's 100% and not diluted. A lot of people will tell you that you should dilute it first or tell you to get the diluted version bc it's too harsh on your face but I feel it works best in it's natural state. I've been using this treatment for almost a year and it has never failed me. It DOES NOT make acne disappear overnight but it works more to bring that pimple to become a whitehead and eventually dry it out which keeps you from scarring. (Refrain from popping your pimples. I have that problem :P)

Moisturizer: Merlot Grape Seed Moisturizer

This is by far the BEST moisturizer I've ever used. It's a little on the pricey side, about $15-17 but it's so worth it and you get a lot of product. It's those type of products where a little goes a long way. You just need to use a thin layer and omg, it gives you a matte face without overdrying and your face feels so soft! It's smells great as well. I used to use Cetaphil's moisturizer and realized it still didn't do much for my oily face and after switching to Merlot, I saw a huge difference and am quite content with it.

Of course, all of these products work particularly on my face and may have different results on others but I do recommend trying some or even all these products. I hope I helped a least a little and good luck!

Guest Des Choi

Thank you, I can't believe I forgot about condition lol.

I don't really break out that much, only around my menstruation cycle or if I'm really stressing, and its always near my hairline. :/

I have combination/oily skin and I break out every so often but lately I haven't had anything major except for a blind pimple on my nose. All small pimples that go away within a week.

I changed my skin care routine (or brushed up) and my skin looks and feel much better with less breakouts than before.

I only use skin care at night because I tend to wake up pretty late in the morning to bother to do anything.

- Cetaphil oily skin cleanser (I believe it's only available in store in Australia? I'm not really sure)

- 10.0.06 No time to shine moisturizer (contains salicylic acid).

Once a week I would use:

- The Faceshop peeling day scrub

- Cleanse my face with Sasatinnie facial brush

- A homemade facial masks, it varies on what I feel like using and what my skin needs. You can search up "Homemade facial masks" on soompi and I'm sure you'll find plenty. Bubzbeauty have some great recipes for masks :) I especially like her tomato and yogurt mask.

If it's a really hot and sweaty day where my face gets covered with oil, dirt and sweat I use a toner that doesn't contain alcohol.

As well as this, I drink plenty of water and change my pillow case every few days.

My routine doesn't really keep my face matte, so if anyone knows how a product that would keep my shine (mainly on my nose) at bay all day, please let me know!

Use a translucent mattifying powder or use a mattifying primer.

No matter what skincare you use, I don't think you could completely get rid of the oil, but you can still use some cosmetics during the day to keep it at bay. Just make sure to wash it completely at the end of the day

My routine doesn't really keep my face matte, so if anyone knows how a product that would keep my shine (mainly on my nose) at bay all day, please let me know!

The Body Shop's Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream has been keeping my face shine free. Not completely, but it keeps the oil off a lot better then the other face creams or moisturizers I've used so far. Hope it works out for you as well.

You probably need to experiment a bit with products. There seems to be plenty of good information here and here's my $.02 (I'm an esthetician student). You can use some products to treat the oil but make sure not every single thing is for oily skin. Even though your skin leans towards more oily, any skin type can get dehydrated so make sure to moisturize. Lack of moisture will cause your skin to overproduce oil to compensate for the dehydration. Definitely make sure to wear sunscreen. Also, you should exfoliate. I would maybe try using a gentle chemical or enzyme exfoliant (some are called "peels" but they don't really peel the skin; avoid scrubs) not more than once a week (maybe once every two weeks or less, depending on the strength of the product and how your skin reacts). You might want to make an appointment for some facials; they're relaxing and can really help, especially when you are breaking out.

If you are breaking out near the hairline, try to see if it's your hair products (hairspray, shine serum, conditioner, etc.) that are causing it.

Guest xiaoru1747228

im going to assume you are around 14-22.

Use the shiseido pureness collection. cleanser, softener, & gel. costs less than $25 each product. They last me about 6 months. Right now nordstorm is having a promotion where if you buy 2 full price shiseido skincare products you get a travel size sample of the collection. i was convinced to buying a matifying stick but i dont have EXTREMELY oily t-zone. so it just depends on you if you get it or not.

if you want to go cheaper:

cleanser: cerve or cetaphil

softener: shiseido purness softener

moist: cetaphil or cerve

for matifying t-zone: clean and clear (i forgot the actual product name but it's a matifying finisher moisturizer with spf in it. i just use it on my t-zone)

Guest shina1430289965

Well, what's your skin condition like? Mild acne, a lot?

While I currently use cetaphil (planning to change though)

I used to love the clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion.

As opposed to buying acne systems since my acne is not harsh, I buy treatments instead. I use

cetaphil face wash

clinique toner (from the acne line) planning to switch to Paula's choice

Paula's choice treatment (BHA)

cetaphil moisturizer (planning to switch to Paula's Choice)

Paula's choice sun lotion.

I am loving the Paula's choice line. I recently started using it and it is so nice! (don't buy from amazon, overpriced!)

Unfortunately, oily skin and combination skin usually go hand in hand with acne. While there are many causes of acne, there are also many myths on what causes acne. Don't fall for all of them.

1. Cleanse your face daily. Not more than twice a day, with a gentle cleanser, suitable for oily skin. Avoid alcohol based cleansers.

2. Oily skin makes its own lubrication but you should also want to moisturize it as well. Use water based moisturizers. Moisturizing is crucial if you have combination skin.

3. If you have pimples you should treat them specifically. It's important to diagnose the pimples and make sure it is not acne, which has its own unique treatments.

4. Make sure to use makeup that doesn't clog the pores and is oil-free. There are really good foundations for oily skin these days that control the shine and keep the skin matte.

5. Use one of these products listed below for best results. They can make the biggest difference.

may be these helps you for your combo skin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Eyeonmodel

Dark Circles around eyes are generally due to a lack of sleep, fatigue, stress, deficiency or some disease. Dark circles may be hereditary. Drink at least ten glasses of water everyday. Close your eyes and cover eyelids with slices of raw potato or cucumber for 15-20 minutes. Wash with warm water and apply a cream. Eight hours of sleep is a must for all of us, specially for people having dark circles under their eyes.

Guest PandaAgenda

Don't rub your eyes! ^^;

On a side note, dark circles may be caused my sinus or blocked nose. If you have that you may want to treat your nose first.

Guest blythe

i think green tea works wonder for dark circles bc it is an antioxidant and it's all natural.

i usually just put the refrigerated tea bags over my eyes for 15 minutes.

and of course drink lots of water, get in habit of a regular sleep schedule, and eat fresh foods such as fruits and salad greens and less processed foods.

i don't personally believe in a store bought product filled with chemicals that will cure dark circles. i think it's all just marketing tricks to make money off of people. although i am sure there are products out there that do work for some.

but for me, it's all about how you take care of the body internally with nutritional foods and using natural ingredients externally to prevent, heal, and maintain healthiness.

• 1 year later...

bumping this thread.. i'm on a hunt for some eye cream to treat my dark circles. has anyone ever tried clinique's all about eyes?

Archived