Will you wear a red wedding dress?

Guest Mariefly

Guest Mariefly

I don't want to wear white, ivory or pink at my wedding. What do you thick about red wedding dresses? Give me some hints.

This a-line style red gown that I planned for my wedding:

8d5ai512.jpg

In my opinion, this red gown is stunning and very beautiful. But it seems too formal for my outdoor wedding. paste it here for your view.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The day is all about you so you should definitely wear what you feel makes you look the prettiest since all eyes will definitely be on you. But I also have to agree with the posts above about the dress looking like a Prom dress... Maybe you should look around more for different suitable red dresses for your wedding ^^

Guest Malice_Kaiser

I've seen some gorgeous red wedding dresses on TV, but that one you posted does look like a prom dress... First thing that came to mind. I think you should wear what you want to your wedding. Lots of people wear red wedding dresses for cultural reasons, especially Indian women where white doesn't make sense for a wedding in their traditions.

Guest paintyourxtarget

just curious, why are you opposed to wearing a white dress? I think a red dress would be stunning, but I haven't really seen that many that I like. maybe you could go for red accents, like a red sash or red shoes, or even red lace. your decorations could be red, etc etc.

Guest x-serendipity-x

A red wedding dress wouldn't be a bad idea at all, especially since that's what you want to wear. However, I agree with the other posters that the one you've posted up looks more like a prom dress (it's not grand enough). Hmm...although, you did mention that your wedding would be taking place outdoor. However, I still think that the dress should look as elegant, grand, and classy as possible.

Perhaps more along the lines of something like this?

beautifulredweddingdres.jpg

Or this?

lg2239241.jpg

Guest sakumar

I guess I am having a tough time imagining it because when I see red I would not associate it with marriage.  The dress you had looks like my friend's prom dress >.<  Replying to your thread question, I probably will end up in a red wedding dress.  Indian women typically wear a red and gold outfit on their wedding day. 

Guest letitslide-

i personally wouldn't wear a red wedding dress myself, but it really depends if it suits you! i'd probably just stick to white c:

Guest chiynadollxD

You dont have to wear a white dress to get married. I think it just depends on the style. I'm chinese and traditionally, the happy color that everyone gets married in is red, where as white is worn to funerals... o.O 

I like the dresses that x-serendipity-x suggested more though. They seem more like a wedding dress than a prom dress. however you should pick what you feel prettiest in. 

Culturally speaking, I can pretty much wear any color I want to my wedding because that is the norm of our tradition. But in your case, I still don't see why not. You don't have to wear white if you don't want to but I suggest you try them on during your fitting. I think I've watched too many episodes of 'say yes to the dress' but the brides don't always end up buying what they think they wanted at first. Anyway, you'll know it's the dress when you find it. Good luck :)

Guest dorkafied!

I don't see why the hell not, if that's what you want then go for it. 

Although like the majority, the dress you posted looks more like for prom :lol:

Guest nauticalblue

How about you get a white dress with red accents, like a previous poster suggested? I was at a bridal shop the other day looking at prom dresses with my friend, and we saw a woman trying on a white dress with a red trimming across the top that wrapped around behind her and flared down the back like a red waterfall. It was really lovely on her, and it definitely looked like a wedding dress. It was a bit unconventional, but it was still recognizable as a wedding dress. So instead of going for an all-red dress, which can often come off as looking like a prom dress, maybe try going for a white dress with some unconventional additions of color if you want something different than the traditional color scheme of wedding dresses.

(Sorry, the photos aren't very clear, but I thought these ones looked quite nice.)

331q0qp.png

red-and-white-wedding-dresses-3.jpg

Guest tinatran_

I wouldn't mind wearing a red dress, since it is expected from my parents.

Like others said, the gown you posted looks very high school graduation-ish. Go shopping around the city at wedding dress boutiques with 3-4 friends. They'll help you find a dress and give you feedback on how it looks on you.

Guest princessberry

How about you get a white dress with red accents, like a previous poster suggested? I was at a bridal shop the other day looking at prom dresses with my friend, and we saw a woman trying on a white dress with a red trimming across the top that wrapped around behind her and flared down the back like a red waterfall. It was really lovely on her, and it definitely looked like a wedding dress. It was a bit unconventional, but it was still recognizable as a wedding dress. So instead of going for an all-red dress, which can often come off as looking like a prom dress, maybe try going for a white dress with some unconventional additions of color if you want something different than the traditional color scheme of wedding dresses.

(Sorry, the photos aren't very clear, but I thought these ones looked quite nice.)

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

I think these are really niceeee! :D Red will be stunning, if it represents you! :D 

p.s I like red a lot hahaha!

i think a red dress would be beautiful! In india red is worn for weddings as well as china, and iv always loved the idea of a unconventional wedding :) wearing white wedding dresses is relatively new, queen victoria started the trend when she got married, before that there was no such thing as a white wedding dress lol.

But to pull off a red wedding dress it needs to be a really grand dress. Something too simple may come off promy..with the prices for a red wedding dress, something simple would help not put u in debt, so you can always bedazzle it yourself or add ur own accents to bring it more to occasion :) hope that helps!

Guest xgd_babyx

Will I wear a red wedding dress? SURE :) A popular singer here in our country tied the knot last year wearing a red Monique Lhuillier wedding dress and Chanel calfskin biker boots that shows her fun and playful side. I really think it doesn't matter what color you wear as long as you feel confident and happy  with it. :P 

PS sorry for the large photos. I'm too lazy resizing it :P

regine%2Bmonique%2Blhuillier%2Bgown.jpg 

ogie-regine-wedding-8a_l.jpg

regbiker.jpg

woty10-ogieregine.jpg

ogieregineweddingniceprintphotography.JPG?width=750

• 2 months later...
Guest Chasing-A-Fairytale

You wear what you want. It's your special day. It's your wedding! If you want red then go for red. Whatever makes you, you. Red dresses are worn in many places in Asia so it's nothing new. It's a beautiful colour!

Archived