Why do all young Asian-American men look the same

Guest Gaesekke1

Guest Gaesekke1

Honestly, it may just be me but in my eyes, all young Asian-American (Mostly Korean-American, and Chinese-American) men in my area all look the same to me. Short hair. Tend to dress real simple. Bigger "built" than native Asians. Tend to have a little tan skin. They just all look the same and dress the same. Whereas native Asians, they tend to "stand out" more, trying to act all stylish, but they look frail. Is it just a cultural difference or what? 

Well in America, there's more focus on masculinity and athletics...

But in Asia, there's more focus on style and intelligence...

Those are all just stereotypes though.

You don't have to be one or the other... everybody's different.

I'm a Chinese-Canadian guy and I'm skinny and pale (because that's just my natural body frame) but I don't try to act stylish and stuff... I still enjoy some sports but I'm more interested in music, visual arts, and in certain studies such as biology. So... I can't really be defined as a Western Asian or an Eastern Asian or whatever. At the end of the day we're all human..

Guest SUMM3RxBABii

Are they the generic spiky-haired, fit guys you're talking about?

Then yes. I call them "one of those guys" as what an Asian frat boy looks like

Guest media-doll

ARR ASIAN ROOK SAME?

People naturally try to conform to the standard of dress and appearance from where they live in order to blend in. That's why most Asian-American boys (and everyone else, for that matter) dress similarly and have similar haircuts. You could say this about Asian-American girls, white girls, white boys, African-American girls/boys, Latino girls/boys, etc.

P.S. @Stevent: You probably find it hard to 'tell them apart' because Caucasians in America are pretty mixed. You never find someone who's 100% British or French or something like that. Asians, however, tend to befriend, marry and breed (lol) within their own race. You can tell by their features (Surprise! Just like telling Asians apart) if you look closely and care to learn the difference. Surnames, too, can play a role in discerning their roots but not always.

ARR ASIAN ROOK SAME?

People naturally try to conform to the standard of dress and appearance from where they live in order to blend in. That's why most Asian-American boys (and everyone else, for that matter) dress similarly and have similar haircuts. You could say this about Asian-American girls, white girls, white boys, African-American girls/boys, Latino girls/boys, etc.

P.S. @Stevent: You probably find it hard to 'tell them apart' because Caucasians in America are pretty mixed. You never find someone who's 100% British or French or something like that. Asians, however, tend to befriend, marry and breed (lol) within their own race. You can tell by their features (Surprise! Just like telling Asians apart) if you look closely and care to learn the difference. Surnames, too, can play a role in discerning their roots but not always.

One to two more generation and that will change in the U.S and I am glad for it.

Guest Sleepless.

Most people of the same background dress the same. Finding someone that truly stands apart from everyone else in his/her race is rare. 

Why do all Caucasian look the same? I mean I can't seem to tell the difference between someone who is German, Irish, Polish, etc..

i have an austrian and portugese friend.. believe me, once you start hanging out with white people you can start telling the difference, haha :3

i also travelled to europe once (spain, france and italy). trust.. caucasians look really different o_O well at least to me...

Guest Stevent

Befriend, marry, and breed within their own ethnicity... That's kinda the opposite with the Asians I hang out with. I guess it depends on the location of said justification.

i have an austrian and portugese friend.. believe me, once you start hanging out with white people you can start telling the difference, haha :3

i also travelled to europe once (spain, france and italy). trust.. caucasians look really different o_O well at least to me...

I probably should've noted that my post was not meant to be taken seriously.

Guest snsd_foreverr

I second that. I can usually tell the ethnicity of a white person. I am accurate to the region not the exact country. I can't really explain it but Western Europeans and Eastern Europeans look very different to me. They have distinctive facial features. Plus, I would say Eastern European men and women are better looking. 

@OP, There are many Korean fobs at my school. Most of them are transfer students that come from rich families. They were skinny jeans, converse, Abercrombie, XPress, and just expensive name brand clothing in general. They also take care of their hair. 

There aren't that many Korean Americans but the ones that I know, are less stylish.They don't look the same to me. But they all have really small eyes though. 

Cultural difference and different lifestyle.

Just look at Caucasians from America and Caucasians from say, Europe. Ignoring the fact that their backgrounds are different, they are still Caucasians. But when it comes to appearance (looks and body size), they are different. Americans tend to be larger in size and dress more causal. Whereas Europeans tend to be smaller in size and dress formally in stylish clothing. It does not apply to everyone who is in America and to everyone who is in Europe, but it is all part of the cultural difference and difference in lifestyles.

Guest media-doll

Befriend, marry, and breed within their own ethnicity... That's kinda the opposite with the Asians I hang out with. I guess it depends on the location of said justification.

I probably should've noted that my post was not meant to be taken seriously.

You're Asian, yet the Asians you hang out with don't hang out with Asians? I'm confused.

It probably does vary from area to area, but most of the time, if there's a decent-sized Asian community, they all tend to stick in clusters from my experience.

And heh, yeah, your post did seem fairly serious.

Guest Stevent

You're Asian, yet the Asians you hang out with don't hang out with Asians? I'm confused.

It probably does vary from area to area, but most of the time, if there's a decent-sized Asian community, they all tend to stick in clusters from my experience.

You said that Asians breed, hang, etc within their own race, I take it as you mean within their own ethnicity/nationality. Unless you meant on the basis of Asians as a whole. If that's the case, then referring back to the OP, there's no need to distinguish what nationality that person is since it's all mushed together anyways.

And heh, yeah, your post did seem fairly serious.

I can't control how you or anyone else interpret my post/comment. I can only tell you that sarcasm translate poorly via the internet.

Archived