Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Drama 2012] A Gentleman's Dignity 신사의 품격

Replies

• faythefaythe Posts: 794Member

SUPERSTAR

yosira wrote: »
    awww, i'm flattered... :\">, but 1 awesome will do, just help me get rid of all these SeGa maniac who loves to compare everything in this world.<br />
    <br />
    wow...i'm beginning to talk as straightforward as do jin.... :D <br />
    <br />
    Hahahaha....<br />
    <br />
    I don't like people comparing series, people who have high expectation to one drama before its airing sometimes end up bashing it if it turns out bad. Sure, everyone has their own taste, AGD may not be their cup of tea, but for me it's freaking hilarious and awesome. SeGa, well, that's definitely not for my taste.<br />
    So, haters... to the left :))<br />
    <br />
    PS: where can I find the eng sub for episode 5? Viikii is not available for me :(

Same here, I'm not a fan of SG either. But I love this to pieces. I haven't been this engrossed with Kdrama in a very long time.

Ep 5 is not out yet. But when it does, you can watch it on Dramacrazy, Viki & dramasub.com. But Viki would have the fastest eng sub.
  • HafieHafie Posts: 433Member

IDOL

edited June 2012
    Im still thinking about the "RED STRING" book which YS saw it in the library, I wonder if  she noticed that, or will remember that once happened to her...

I even google it! lolz sorry I got addicted hell yah!
    here's what I found 

The red string of fate, also referred to as the red thread of destinyred thread of fate, and other variants, is an East Asian belief originating from Chinese legend and is also used in Japanese legend. According to this myth, the gods tie an invisible red string around the ankles of those that are destined to meet each other in a certain situation or help each other in a certain way. Often, in Japanese culture, it is thought to be tied around the little finger. According to Chinese legend, the deity in charge of "the red thread" is believed to be Yuè Xià Lǎo (月下老, often abbreviated to "Yuèlǎo" [月老]), the old lunar matchmaker god who is also in charge of marriages.

The two people connected by the red thread are destined lovers, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. This magical cord may stretch or tangle, but never break. This myth is similar to the Western concept of soulmates or a twin flame.

I have always love the concept of red thread of destiny. I search of the story high and low and watched every dramas that adapt the concept. One of my favourite was and still is a KDrama called "Soulmate". It was a lovely story and I keep it dear to my heart.

Anyway back to the drama, I really love how the writer write our four best friends. They are sooo different from each other but yet the same at the same time. I can see the reasons on how they stay friends after all those years. Its something that I want to have with my friends. I have lost that with my high school's friends and I put myself the blame for it. I'm not into commitment either in love or friendship. I always see it as things that come and go in life. But somehow I changed or maybe my University's friends changed me. They made me value our friendship more than ever. I've graduated for almost 2 years but still in contact with them and wish it to stay the same.

SS501 will never disband, so please wait for us! --- Kim Hyun Joong at Kyu Jong's Fan Meeting
    TEAM OPPA! Answer me 1994 DAEBAK...
  • BeekingaBeekinga Ms Madrid, SpainPosts: 270Member

IDOL

edited June 2012
    That was the first time the red string appeared in the show, moments before Dojin's bag decided to add to the innuendo unknitting Yisoo's dress. =0)

Well it looks as if I don't know how to upload a picture here, so, minute 12'16 on the first ep.
    image">
    http://asia.todotnv.com/ imageMay your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night
  • forevergirlforevergirl under the seaPosts: 5,679Moderator

@lovelyzie, I dont know If I already watched "soulmate" yet, memory gap here...lolz.... yeah I love their friendship, I also have friends like them since HS until now even some of them are married we are still in touch and acting like were in HS days..lolz, even my Grade school friends I still have them till now...

episode 5 is not out yet my dear, its just the preview...

I wanted to watch other drama, but it seems that my mind is all set on AGC lolz
    PLS KINDLY DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES/VIDEO, USE SPOILER TAG FOR 2 OR MORE PHOTO/VIDEO.
    READ AND FOLLOW KDRAMA & MOVIES RULE HERE

SUPERSTAR

DJ is funny. On one hand he said he doesn't want to share his wealth with another woman, but he send a $1300 pair of shoes to YS. I don't think that he would dare to give YS anymore expensive present.
  • yosirayosira Posts: 514Member

IDOL

Sorry mistype, it should be episode 4 :)

There is no beauty that withstands time - Park Min Suk

If you don't like the drama, don't watch it. If you don't like the comment, don't read it. Peace.

• simple_mindcdsimple_mindcd Posts: 198Member

IDOL

• lindt_cholindt_cho ParisPosts: 183Member

IDOL

edited June 2012
    I dont know. This drama is called ''A Gentleman's dignity'' but i have yet to see a Gentleman appear on my screen lol It's interesting that this writer took this road after her last successful dramas (Lovers in Paris, City Hall, Secret  Garden).  She seems to just  want to have fun with the drama and do something like, sex and the city, but it's not everyone's cup of tea so ratings will reflect that. I thought her style was more romantic than that but oh well. The only real element that i still enjoy in the drama is the 4 men acting like teenagers in their 40s and i'm curious to see where it goes and why they are like that but i dont think i will really get into this pairing.
    Hello SeGa fan, SeGa is SeGa and AGD is AGD, just like i don't enjoy SeGa that much, i don't expect you to enjoy AGD that much too. And who the heck cares about ratings.

To judge whether you like a character or not only after 4 eps is something i call immature. None of us here have any idea of how the writer is going to blend the words 'Gentleman' and 'Dignity' into this so far not-so-gentleman Do Jin. Beware, he might change and you'll probably end up falling head over heels in love with him. Just sayin'...

:O)

:) And can a SeGa Fan be AGD fan too? I'm one. Be nice, please; (calling someone immature is not really nice).  The original poster didnt mention anything like comparing SeGa and AGD directly. She/he compared AGD to mostly all of dramas that writer had done before, not particularly SeGa only. :)  Dont you see she/he wrote that she/he really enjoy and curious to see more? Like you said, we're at the 4th ep only, so many ep left to judge :)

She/he didnt bash AGD, but wondering why the writer decided to write AGD in a different way than any other dramas she had written before. She/he even mentioned "INTERESTING". ;)

And I totally agree with you that we shouldnt care much about rating. :) also that we should be patient to see how the writer will turn DJ into a gentleman. :)

gabby24bella1025naunakaeruchan
  • ruffluvruffluv Posts: 433Member

IDOL

I dont know. This drama is called ''A Gentleman's dignity'' but i have yet to see a Gentleman appear on my screen lol It's interesting that this writer took this road after her last successful dramas (Lovers in Paris, City Hall, Secret  Garden).  She seems to just  want to have fun with the drama and do something like, sex and the city, but it's not everyone's cup of tea so ratings will reflect that. I thought her style was more romantic than that but oh well. The only real element that i still enjoy in the drama is the 4 men acting like teenagers in their 40s and i'm curious to see where it goes and why they are like that but i dont think i will really get into this pairing.
    Hello SeGa fan, SeGa is SeGa and AGD is AGD, just like i don't enjoy SeGa that much, i don't expect you to enjoy AGD that much too. And who the heck cares about ratings.

To judge whether you like a character or not only after 4 eps is something i call immature. None of us here have any idea of how the writer is going to blend the words 'Gentleman' and 'Dignity' into this so far not-so-gentleman Do Jin. Beware, he might change and you'll probably end up falling head over heels in love with him. Just sayin'...

:) And can a SeGa Fan be AGD fan too? I'm one. Be nice, please; (calling someone immature is not really nice).  The original poster didnt mention anything like comparing SeGa and AGD directly. She/he compared AGD to mostly all of dramas that writer had done before, not particularly SeGa only. :)  Dont you see she/he wrote that she/he really enjoy and curious to see more? Like you said, we're at the 4th ep only, so many ep left to judge :)

She/he didnt bash AGD, but wondering why the writer decided to write AGD in a different way than any other dramas she had written before. She/he even mentioned "INTERESTING". ;)

And I totally agree with you that we shouldnt care much about rating. :) also that we should be patient to see how the writer will turn DJ into a gentleman. :)

Good then. So let's just stop talking about SeGa here in THIS thread (A Gentleman's Dignity thread), once and for all.

:)>-

simple_mindcd

IDOL

edited June 2012

Gosh, I didnt even talk about it (the drama you dislike so much, see I wont even type that drama title) LOL I was just clarifying things between you and the original poster. :) 

I think someone need to post some gifs :)

Cheers,

Cr: Yonghwainmyhead

Lyrayoonauna
  • katkat88katkat88 Posts: 666Member

SUPERSTAR

Wow, the thread is moving so fast, so happy about it.  

I'm one of SEGA's fans but i really, really hate it when others are trying hard to compare AGD to it when they are definitely two different dramas. Maybe AGD is not everyone's cup of tea but it's surely mine and for so many people visiting this thread.  AGD is a 20 episode drama and to make a judgement after 4 episodes proves only that you're mind is not set to really like it but only to bash it and for that you are just making yourself very illogical and narrow minded person. And what's wrong with the ratings?  AGD is getting an average of 14% in ratings and for me it's already high considering it has only aired only 4 epsiodes.  AGD may not be a big hit for now but I'm sure it will be and I hope people will give it a chance.

Back to the drama, I'm really looking forward to watching episode 5.  It seems the next episode is very interesting and so many plot movements. As for DJ,  I don't hate his character because he's made for that and I'm sure he'll change for the better later.  

TO AGD, FIGHTING!!!

IDOL

edited June 2012

I'm curious and excited about the kiss :D Will we have a real kiss or just some typical Kdrama kiss touching the lips kind of peck. :D

But mostly, I'd like to know more about DJ, like his background, family etc. He doenst realize much, but he's fallen for YS already.. yay..

I really think the 4 guys have done a great job. We can see a big difference when it comes to senior actors with experiences compared to newer ones.

IDOL

edited June 2012

"interesting" in different way, summary from the poster comment "AGD isn't everyone cup of tea, the writer only having fun the rating will reflect that, only enjoy with the 4 guys but not the pairing"

doesn't when someone feel interest will said "hope the rating will better for next episode im interest with this series"

but peace, and please dont mention anything about her last successful drama................................im getting sick with that this is A Gentleman's Dignity thread not her last successful drama thread
    :)>- :)>-

@lindt_cho I love your gifs! she is really cute on that scene, DJ love staring and he always smiles of cuteness of YS!...

I wanna say about the comparison of SEGA and AGD , I guess lets get to the original thread on here, lets make comparison when the drama ends how about that? heheheh
    PLS KINDLY DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES/VIDEO, USE SPOILER TAG FOR 2 OR MORE PHOTO/VIDEO.
    lindt_cho

IDOL

edited June 2012
    interesting article

*contain spoiler from ep.3 and ep.4

[Gentleman’s Fight Club] The Naughty and Nice Men of ‘A Gentleman’s Dignity’

2012-06-05 17:34  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Hong

We’re coming off of Week 2 of SBS’ A Gentleman’s Dignity, and so far, the drama has confirmed what we already knew: boys will be boys.

So, in light of this not-so-revolutionary revelation, we’re launching a new series called the Gentleman’s Fight Club, in which we will score the characters each week based on what we’re calling the ‘Gentleman factor.’

A true gentleman knows how to treat a lady and kick it with the boys. He’s cool and collected, but not standoffish and uptight. Basically, either you have the ‘Gentleman factor’ or you don’t.

So who was naughty and who was nice in episodes three and four? Read on to find out.

Kim Do Jin (Jang Dong Gun)

We can already see how Kim Do Jin will change later in the series, because there’s really no other way he can go.

With his egotistical behavior, Kim Do Jin is a charmer but at the same time, every time he says something to Seo Yi Soo (Kim Haneul), you just kind of let out an exasperated sigh and wonder, “Did he really just say that?”

In Episode 3, he burdens his friends, just so he can get Seo Yi Soo to ride in his car to the baseball game, but once she’s in the car, he scolds her for making his precious car stink of kimbap and dried squid.

Later, he tells Seo Yi Soo that he’s beginning to fall for her and sends her 1,300,000 won heels (Do we spy Jimmy Choos?). But when Seo Yi Soo rejects the pricey shoes, he nonchalantly gives the shoes to the girl he slept with the night before, right in front of the shoes’ original owner.

Although Kim Do Jin is completely obnoxious, the reason we can’t completely hate him is because we see the sweet little boy inside of him, wanting to take Seo Yi Soo for a ride in his precious car, and the smile he gets when he thinks about her.

Im Tae San (Kim Soo Ro)

Although he doesn’t necessarily look the part as he works on the construction site for his architecture firm, Im Tae San proves to be the sweetest character when he’s with the woman he loves.

He doesn’t miss a beat in offending the golf course owner, who sleazily touches his girlfriend’s shoulder. When it comes to defending his woman, he doesn’t care about status and blatantly does whatever he needs to do.

When his girlfriend is upset, he scrunches up his fist and shows her the three wrinkles that his hand makes and tells her, “This means I have three women in my life: My mom, my sister and Hong Sera. I don’t know if we’ll get married, but that last wrinkle is you, the one I’ll hold onto for the rest of my life.”

We just wish he wasn’t so clueless about Seo Yi Soo’s crush on him.

Choi Yoon (Kim Min Jong)

We’re slowly starting to find out about Choi Yoon’s mysterious past.

In the first two episodes, we saw Choi Yoon with a wedding ring but no wife, leaving many holes in his back story.

As a lawyer, he’s logical and when it comes to romance, he’s an innocent lover. When Kim Do Jin throws Choi Yoon some bait to check if he’s crushing on Im Tae San’s little sister, Choi Yoon immediately bites, not knowing that it was a trick. Then he denies it all, although there is nothing wrong with liking a girl.

It turns out that Choi Yoon has a hard time letting go of the past, especially the one that he shared with his wife. Choi Yoon has been a widow for four years, yet he still keeps in touch with his mother-in-law enough to move into the house that he provided for her.

It’s not until the mother-in-law tells Choi Yoon to stop being her son-in-law and to stop visiting her does he realize that maybe he needs to move on, but it’s uncertain when that’ll happen.

Lee Jung Rok (Lee Jong Hyuk)

Playboy Lee Jung Rok is definitely the comic relief in this drama.

His character was set from episode one as the friend whose boys are always getting him out of trouble with his really rich wife. He has a habit of hiding his wedding ring, only to have his wife eventually find it.

In episode four, his wife actually puts the ring inside his rice as a ‘Surprise! I found out you’re cheating on me again’ present.

But unwilling to admit anything, Lee Jung Rok claims ignorance and eats the spoonful of rice, only to say later, “You’re here, inside of me", spoofing Lovers in Paris.

Lee Jung Rok may be incapable of remaining faithful to his wife, but one thing is for sure, he does not want to get a divorce. Whether it’s because he really loves his wife deep down inside his playboy heart or because he needs her money, we don’t know, but Lee Jung Rok tries very hard to make his wife happy, but only after he’s been caught doing something mischievous, of course.

Gentleman of the Week: Im Tae San

Because he was just so sweet to his discouraged and upset girlfriend. He knew exactly where to find her when she didn’t answer his call and he knew exactly what to say to put a smile on her face. But we will have to say that he isn′t absolutely perfect, since he wrongly yelled at his little sister for making his girlfriend upset when it really wasn′t her fault.

Richard Simmons of the Week: Kim Do Jin

How can you tell a girl that you’re crushing on her then clearly show her that you’re sleeping with someone else? Plus, he even told Seo Yi Soo that he is not a gentleman and to not expect gentlemen-like manners from him. But every time he smiles and thinks about Seo Yi Soo, there′s a small ray of hope for Kim Do Jin to become a gentleman again.

Photo Credit: SBS
    source: Enewsworld

Lyrayooditoad_famanquant
  • drmjsdrmjs Posts: 629SoGonger

SUPERSTAR

@ Beekinga & @ simple_mindcd - Thanks!  :-h

SUPERSTAR

@lindt_cho I love your gifs! she is really cute on that scene, DJ love staring and he always smiles of cuteness of YS!...<br />
    I wanna say about the comparison of SEGA and AGD , I guess lets get to the original thread on here, lets make comparison when the drama ends how about that? heheheh

If YS wants DJ to fall for her even more, she should sing for him. I bet you anything, he would melt right on the spot. Plus she has a good voice so I don't think that she would embarrass herself.

Since this is a more mature theme, I hope they have real deep kiss & not one of those peck close mouth kiss. It would be ridiculous if a player like DJ doesn't know how to kiss. If DJ is already crazy with jealousy just seeing YS accepting a ride home by a guy, what is he going to do when he sees more competition for her heart? The student is definitely interested, and from the preview, so does Colin.
    forevergirl

@simple_mindcd i love your post, because of that, my level of addictive to this drama reaching the rank 10! lolz

@faythe yes your right my dear she has nice voice, nice idea she must do that more often, especially when she's drunk....just love it!
  • BeekingaBeekinga Ms Madrid, SpainPosts: 270Member

IDOL

Since this is a more mature theme, I hope they have real deep kiss & not one of those peck close mouth kiss. It would be ridiculous if a player like DJ doesn't know how to kiss. If DJ is already crazy with jealousy just seeing YS accepting a ride home by a guy, what is he going to do when he sees more competition for her heart? The student is definitely interested, and from the preview, so does Colin.
    He he he.  It's " a more mature theme" but we are still in k-drama land. Didn't you notice that Taesan slept fully clothed on top of Sera's covers...and he was embarrased about being caught to top it all...think about having a steamy sex encounter perfectly clad down to the socks.  =0)
    http://asia.todotnv.com/ imageMay your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night
  • HappyJjaJangMyunHappyJjaJangMyun Posts: 97Member

IDOL

lindt_cho wrote: »
    Gosh, I didnt even talk about it (the drama you dislike so much, see I wont even type that drama title) LOL I was just clarifying things between you and the original poster. :) I think someone need to post some gifs :)Cheers,Cr: Yonghwainmyhead

Thanks for the gif, i love it :))