Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

DON'T THROW AWAY GUM WRAPPERS. -.-

tinhieutinhieu yakusoku wa iranai. Posts: 554Member
tutorial~ 5Gum wrapper collage
1-P1050798.jpg
My assortment of gum wrappers... I'm missing pink (and more?) though -.-;;
...and I am still collecting them... trolololo
   194070_115193521889966_100001979571278_112094_116554_o-1.jpg
From the many colours, you can make almost anything with these gum wrappers.

16-P1050821.jpg
Materials:
  • Glue stick (liquid glue is not recommended, it takes long to dry and messy)
  • Scissors
  • Pencil and Eraser
  • 5Gum (yeah.... don't forget... lol)
    • 5Gum wrappers
    • 5gum pack (optional)
art3.jpg

Tutorial:
  1. Draw your picture (this tutorial is simplified)
  2. Start to peel your gum wrapper (separate the foil sheet from the wax sheet)
    1. Hint: Try to "fatigue" the edge(s) until you can peel it off
    2. Hint: Try to peel the foil off in a straight, slow, even manner (don't worry, it doesn't have to be perfect)
  3. Place the wax sheet over your picture (sticky side up) and trace your picture
  4. Put the foil back on the wax and gently press them together (I used the gum pack to do this)
  5. Flip the wrapper over, now you should see your trace ^____^
  6. Cut it out.
    1. Erase the picture gently, so that the pencil lines become faint (for anesthetic purposes)
  7. Glue the foil on top of your picture
  8. Place any sheet of paper over your foil and press it down.... to smooth our any creases.
    1. If you don't put anything over top, the foil underneath might slide and the paper layer prevents creasing
  9. Viola!

Uses:

• Card Decorations
  • Art
  • More? hehe^^
I made another one (Hello Kitty) as a card for my friend's birthday. Forgot to take a pic though.

Give this a try. I'd like to see your creations!! ^_____^ 

||||greasyhamster||||
pervertDanielleroxYoyoGrey.DropsLove_Lightssickest_femmeswEEEt.Tofunek♥SaltswtaznangelAnnaky☁rantasaruseunbyeol3141

Replies

• pervertpervert Baby Trafficker Posts: 1,513Member

IDOL

edited February 2012
    I used to peel the foil layer out of boredom. I've never considered trying to make something with it : ) Cool zebra! Just curious--is this your original idea? If so, that's pretty creative.

AMIbunny
  • SunniRiseSunniRise Someone... feed me. Baker StreetPosts: 3,297Member

SUPERSTAR

HEY! This could be a great idea for me... I chew too much gum T__T
    (411)
    Feel free to follow. 
  • YoyoYoyo Posts: 5,671Moderator

Wow that's amazing. Lol, I've never thought about using 5gum wrappers for a collage or anything artsy even when I found them really pretty lololol. The zebra is so cool!

image image

• ilovemesomekoreanilovemesomekorean JapanPosts: 1,945Member
    i use to peel the wrappers all the time and then stick them on my text books. haha. very creative!
    "Unless Someone Like You Cares A Whole Awful Lot, Nothings Going To Get Better. It's Not." ~ Dr. Seuss
  • kangta26kangta26 Posts: 276Member

ROOKIE

That's actually awesome.. yet scarie.. more so awesome.. you're very creative!! laugh.gif *thumbs up*!
  • songforlostlovesongforlostlove New York CityPosts: 44Member
    Too bad I don't chew gum anymore D: but I'm really loving the zebra! i can't tell you used gum wrappers at all. yay for creativity!
  • weartowearto Posts: 16Member
    That zebra is amazing!! So creative! 
  • melkimxmelkimx momoPosts: 6,099Administrator

ADMIN

wow, the zebra is amazing! i was kind of confused by the thread because i scrolled right past the zebra and i thought you were showing us the last picture as the result... i thought you were showing us how to cut a squiggle shape out of a gum wrapper. but then i read the responses about the zebra, and the zebra is really cool!

kind of OT, but i once read a sweet short story about a boy who wants to cheer up his nanny, who's homesick for her old country. so he makes her a picture like she said she has at home, and he uses different materials to make it. this reminds me of that because he unwrapped a bunch of colorful foils off toffee candies to use in the picture.

• Poop-Shoop-A-LoopPoop-Shoop-A-Loop ^ xoxo esoteric. <3 Posts: 5,510Friend of Soompi

IDOL

this is awesome. i renember my friend used to make things for us out of gum wrapper.. :)
    I, Poop-Shoop-A-Loop, are King of the [stupid people] world [which does not exist].
    [ theSHOP ]
    .tumblr // redballoon
    Y G F A M I L Y : O N E LV E
  • bk1009xbk1009x Posts: 26Member
    awesome zebra :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:
  • fabrications.fabrications. i'm a ghost atlPosts: 3,521Member

IDOL

edited March 2012
    HAHA I did something like this to my agenda in high school! Except I just ripped off a whole bunch of that sticky stuff and placed them randomly with all sorts of different colors. I still have it somewhere. XD
  • inxomniainxomnia FunkytownnPosts: 1,103Member

IDOL

This is so awesome! I love it. I wish I was more creative :3
  • nowayinnowayin Edmonton; ABPosts: 742Member

ROOKIE

My brother decided to do that to my whole calculator! lol
  • SaltSalt Pallet TownPosts: 356Member

ROOKIE

That's a good idea! O: Time to hoard some gum wrappers. Collaging is fun, haha.
  • maboroshimaboroshi CaliforniaPosts: 830Friend of Soompi

ROOKIE

wow, that looks awesome~! :) thx for the tutorial
  • sakumarsakumar Posts: 186Member
    I used to do something similar to what you did in your tutorial.  Instead of cutting out the individual pieces, I would peel bits of foil off the wrapper and then stick them onto the surface of my gameboy (because back then I was just too cool to own a cellphone).  I like your method a lot better though, it takes less patience to get the shape you want ^^
  • pachi_Apachi_A ? ? ? ? ? in the city of treesPosts: 3,381Member
    my friend use to do this all the time in highschool! i'd always give him my gum wrappers. he made me a really cool blue domo once. lol.
  • blingup1blingup1 Posts: 3New Member
    WOW i m amazed by your collection, and yes with pink wrappers will make the whole collection even prettier!

What an unique idea of stacking your collection!
    tinhieu wrote on 19 February 2012 - 09:57 PM:

My assortment of gum wrappers... I'm missing pink (and more?) though -.-;;
    ...and I am still collecting them... trolololo
       *quoted image*
    From the many colours, you can make almost anything with these gum wrappers.

*quoted image*
    Materials:
    • Glue stick (liquid glue is not recommended, it takes long to dry and messy)
    • Scissors
    • Pencil and Eraser
    • 5Gum (yeah.... don't forget... lol)
      • 5Gum wrappers
      • 5gum pack (optional)
    *quoted image*

Tutorial:
    1. Draw your picture (this tutorial is simplified)
    2. Start to peel your gum wrapper (separate the foil sheet from the wax sheet)
      1. Hint: Try to "fatigue" the edge(s) until you can peel it off
      2. Hint: Try to peel the foil off in a straight, slow, even manner (don't worry, it doesn't have to be perfect)
    3. Place the wax sheet over your picture (sticky side up) and trace your picture
    4. Put the foil back on the wax and gently press them together (I used the gum pack to do this)
    5. Flip the wrapper over, now you should see your trace ^____^
    6. Cut it out.
      1. Erase the picture gently, so that the pencil lines become faint (for anesthetic purposes)
    7. Glue the foil on top of your picture
    8. Place any sheet of paper over your foil and press it down.... to smooth our any creases.
      1. If you don't put anything over top, the foil underneath might slide and the paper layer prevents creasing
    9. Viola!

Uses:

• Card Decorations
    • Art
    • More? hehe^^
    I made another one (Hello Kitty) as a card for my friend's birthday. Forgot to take a pic though.

Give this a try. I'd like to see your creations!! ^_____^ 

• paintyourxtargetpaintyourxtarget Posts: 211Member
    very cool! I remember in middle school and even HS, EVERYONE covered their binders in that foil stuff lol. but I never buy wrigley's gum, and orbitz gum wrappers are just boring paper lol
  • bonsaiteabonsaitea USAPosts: 790Member

IDOL

aw man, too bad i hate chewing gum!