Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The other side

kanomikanomi Posts: 49Member

ROOKIE

edited January 2013 in fitness & sports
=) I'm determined
Hi!! So... I've decided to make this because I think it will help keeping me motivated XD

So, here's my story:
I used to be a very skinny girl, like reaally haha (I can only laugh about it now...v.v) until I grew up and my metabolism just got messed up... but I didn't really care about it, until I went to my grandparent's house and they were like "You've gotten bigger...". For me that was like the end of the world because no one really told me I was fat, and this is when my nightmare began. I started to eat less, and get active but that didn't work cuz my metabolism was just not willing to cooperate and as I wasn't seeing any results, I started to eat like I used to and stopped being active. I just stayed like that till I was like 16 years old and I went to study abroad; during that time I had to walk a lot and couldn't eat what I wanted because I had a roomie, and I was embarrassed to eat like I used to, so I just ate one serving. When I came back, all my family was like "oh! you've gotten skinnier! you were fat before you went there! " and I was like O.o?! Why no one told me I was fat??!! and my mom was like "Oh, because we didn't want to hurt your feelings". That for me was like a huge blow, I mean, I never really considered myself "fat" just "normal"... but this was just too much, and I was dumbfounded, but since I was skinny, I didn't really care and eventually got back to my old eating habits, and gained the weight back. I realized I had to stop one day when I went to buy some clothes, but I didn't even want to try them on cuz I didn't feel good about my own body, which eventually screwed all my day, because I kept being too self conscious about my body. I decided to stop all that self-pitying that was leading me to nowhere and started to eat healthily, but didn't see any results so I stopped.
Right now I'm 18 and I've really come to realize that if I don't do something about it, nothing will ever happen, so I should just find a way to keep myself motivated and lose lots of weight (healthily of course). I don't want to be like stick skinny, cuz that's not my ideal of beauty. I want to be toned and become healthy by diet and exercise. I've really analyzed my lifestyle and I think I found the problem. I eat when I'm bored even if I'm not hungry and I eat till I get very full; also, I eat a lot of carbs and always drink flavored water =.=;; as for my activity, I don't really do much I just sit down all day and sometimes I go for a run, but I get hungry and eat like a beast...=///=. This are the things I need to fix. So here's my plan:

--I'll eat veggies and lean meat for lunch. (Just the necessary amount, not till I'm full, like the size of my palm)
--I'll try to drink only plain water from now on (It'll be hard but I'll do my best! =D)
--I'll eat fruits or cereal (those plain ones with almost no sugar) for breakfast (Not sugary ones, but fruits like watermelon, strawberries, etc.)
and for dinner I'll eat very little; things like yoghurt or some veggies (healthy not sugary/salty stuff)
--I'll exercise for 30 mins and eventually for 1 hr 5 days a week =D

So... I know it's very general but being specific doesn't work for me, cuz I just get tired of specific food or routines, so I'll make some adjustments to it if necessary, but for now this is like the model, on which I will work =).

My current weight is 56kgs. I plan to go down maybe 5-6 kgs hehe. I don't really care much about the weight, because it can be tricky some times hehe so I'll just weigh myself every 2 weeks to have a point of reference, and to keep myself motivated I will update this thread every month and update you about my progress. With that said, I'm starting my trip to the other side, the healthy side. ;)

(btw, sorry for my bad english XDXD, but you can read it right?? guise??...oh...v.v)LOL

So.... Hey!! I haven't been able to update because I just had exams, in fact I'll have my last one tomorrow =_=;; *sigh* anyway... So i've been trying to eat healthier but as my mom likes loves cooking things like pasta and stuff like that, that's been holding my weight loss... so I just lost 1 kg lol, but better than nothing, also, I've stayed away from sugary drinks, yay!! I've been eating more fruits, and I'm exercising (5 days a week now, before it was like 2 days a week so, this is a huge progress XD) and I'm starting a new month and I have like a whole bunch overload of events coming so I better get to it very fiercely >:D hehe I'll update again soon =)
So...

Current weight: 55kg
Goal weight: 50/51 kg =)
See you soon and take care!!

The last day of the month yay! March 31 =)
hehe so... I've been eating like a whole lot healthier hehe it took me a while to stay away from vending machines and the school's cafe, but I finally got there lol, wanna know how I did it? I left my wallet on my car so I won't have money for carbs XD and it worked hehe. This month was definitely a hectic one with so much stuff to do, so I think I got more toned from moving from one place to the other =), I don't know my current weight since I don't have a scale right now... I know... sad... but! I think I got more toned as I wrote before hehe I'll update my weight soon! =) and I'm on vacations right now so I hope I won't gain weight >.<!! fighting!! heh. Take care beautiful people!! =D
Hi!! sorry for being absent like forever lol but I went on a trip and I couldn't update anything since I was all day out @_@ but the good thing isss.... I've weighed myself and I lost 3 kgs!! ^o^!! so... I think that Now I just need to keep exercising to maintain my body and maybe tone it up a little bit huhuhu that trip really helped because I was walking like crazy all day and I have to admit that my diet mainly consisted of pizza and icecream XD so... sorry I can't give you any useful advice D: ... but I think the key is burning more than you eat hehe or... eat moderately =) I'll try to keep my body like this by running and doing some cardio exercises =D!! and if by any chance I get a modest toned body I'll upload a picture >.<!! hehe so... that's it for now, take care!! =D
Please read the signature rules

Replies

• HelloloverHellolover Posts: 68Member
    I'll do it with you! I'm 57 kg and want to lose about 5kg. It's hard now because I have a desk job and no time to excercise. I walk 1 hour a day to work and back so that's all the motion I get really. I generally eat healthy meals but I also snack a lot. i put 2 sugars in my tea and allow myself more treats than I should like chocolate and cake etc. I'm not fat but when I pinch my skin especially around my waist and back I can grab so much! I've had pretty much the same story as you, was a really skinny kid but then at 16 it all caught up with me!

I'm also gonna keep track of how many calories I consume, I got an app on my phone called myfitnesspal that's pretty handy!
  • loop.statementloop.statement Posts: 62Member

TRAINEE

i was reading this whilst eating my snack: blueberries n oatpancakes i prepared.

proud of ur decision.  the only 2 advice i can give is (a) prepare your meals is crucial or you will fall back and eat processed foods (instant noodles, bars, etc). and its ok if you cheat or accidentally go overboard if you ate junk food..we are human and that will happen to all of us -but dont pity on yourself by continuing feeding on junk. rather go back to eating clean and exercising again. exercise is like an insurance =)
    matchamuffinkanomi
  • duh123duh123 Posts: 1,379Member

IDOL

i think you should do the blogilates 90 days meal plan challenge. it's a great start to clean eating. plus from what your sample meals show is that you lack the idea of what healthy eating is. you just seem to be used to being incredibly full and run on sugary drinks.

http://blogilates.com/blogilates-90-day-challenge-meal-plan-workout-calendar
  • matchamuffinmatchamuffin Posts: 55Member

ROOKIE

i support ya :D GO FOR IT ! CHASE THOSE DREAMS :D its year 2012 and we  gotta go for itttt ^^!
  • jannetjannet Posts: 8Member
    I am glad to hear that ...
  • kanomikanomi Posts: 49Member

ROOKIE

Hellolover wrote on 21 February 2012 - 06:34 AM:

I'll do it with you! I'm 57 kg and want to lose about 5kg. It's hard now because I have a desk job and no time to excercise. I walk 1 hour a day to work and back so that's all the motion I get really. I generally eat healthy meals but I also snack a lot. i put 2 sugars in my tea and allow myself more treats than I should like chocolate and cake etc. I'm not fat but when I pinch my skin especially around my waist and back I can grab so much! I've had pretty much the same story as you, was a really skinny kid but then at 16 it all caught up with me!

I'm also gonna keep track of how many calories I consume, I got an app on my phone called myfitnesspal that's pretty handy!

yay!! fitness pals! =) I'm gonna check that app =D
  • rainynightsrainynights Posts: 21Member
    you sound me like when i started to gain weight at a young age. i was once a stick figure but then i gained weight and had no idea of it until my grandparents would tell me that i was starting to have a stomach. good luck~! put your mind, body and soul into it and you'll see results. there may be rough times but hang on!