Name a moment in your life when you were completely and utterly happy

Guest fanda4000

Guest fanda4000

I have to write a paper about a time in my life where I was wholly happy... a time that can describe me well. The problem is that I can't think of one. Well, one that would make a fascinating paper. It's crazy to think I've taken up almost 2 decades, and I can't name a moment that describes my life or when I was totally happy.

Guest Dara-chan

The brilliance of writing is that you can take the most trivial, mundane topic, and diligently mold it into the most fascinating of journeys. (I love my English teacher <3 )

To aswer your question: the happiest moment in my life was when I got accepted into my dream college :lol:

After that everything pales in comparison (except maybe being born;) ).

Guest SUMM3RxBABii

It makes me think of what a depressing person I am but I can say that the last time I've been truly happy was more than 3 years ago when I went on vacation to Japan..actually for that matter, that whole summer was great.

I've met a lot of people, reunited with a lot of people as well (good and bad) and I didn't feel alone for once. Then I went to Japan for a week, which was the highlight of my summer and i don't remember having a bad time there at all, other than arguing with my mother, which is never a surprise. It was the first time I had gone anywhere that I didn't know how to speak their language and I was so fascinated with everything, seriously. I didn't want to leave!

After that summer, it seemed like everything in my life had gone downhill. I started having lots of troubles with people and I couldn't be happy no matter what. Every time I think of that summer, it brings a lot of smiles but tears as well, knowing that I probably won't be that happy again.

The latest moment where I was completely and utterly happy was when I landed myself into the field of work I have been interested in even before graduation. It was quite a moment for me for (1) I was getting depressed about not finding a job within 2 months of graduation, and (2) I had low hopes of finding a job for most places require at least one year of experience, but the field I work in requires you to graduate in order to gain experience. I know for a fact that my volunteering experience at the workplace I work in now did help, but I did not expect much for when I went in for the interview, there was a pile of resumes of people to be interviewed that day. I later found out that they wanted to offer me the job earlier, but because they could not get in contact with one of my references, they hold off the offer. I am glad that human resources did not give up and finally gave me a call about not being able to contact one of my references. It turns out that my reference was never around to pick up the phone when they called, and they were leaving the wrong contact information on her answering machine.

Guest ItsAlexis

The happiest moment of my life is now. I'm married to a wonderful guy with 2 little ones. I go to school full-time going for my dreams, dancing is a part of my life again, and I have so many things to look forward to. Its just the beginning of an incredible journey :)

Guest YoungPanda

Hmm I would have to say when I was writing to Brian Joo before he got really busy with work again.

We wrote about Anti's and how to overcome them and some techniques before going on stage.

Because of his words it made me overly happy that even though he is a idol he can be sympathetic with me and give me a bit of a push into the right direction.

Of course there are other times in my life that I have been more than happy but I think this one has had a bigger impact on me.

Guest iamvick

When I'm doing something that I'm completely lost in... that's when I feel complete and utter contentment.

It can be many things like:

• Reading a good book on a rainy day with a good cup of tea
  • Having a good conversation with a great friend
  • Listening to a song that takes you back to a really happy memory
  • Playing games with my family and laughing
  • Cooking a great meal for my parents and I to have together
  • Having a bubble bath and getting into clean pj's and then into my bed made with freshly cleaned sheets
  • Watching an enticing film & getting completely sucked into it

I think it's easy to start taking so many things for granted in our lives.

I am so fortunate compared to some people in the world who are homeless, starving, without family & friends, jobless, have illnesses and diseases.

Think really carefully and long and hard about all the things you take for granted that actually you don't realise make you happy. It's really helped me look at all the positives in my life.

Archived