Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else have an OKcupid account.. ??

Replies

• kangta26kangta26 Posts: 276Member

ROOKIE

Eclectic Asian wrote on 16 March 2012 - 01:09 AM:

lol, it's funny how this thread eventually displaced/buried that other thread

OP wins in the end!

ph34r.gif I always win..    (whahahah!!)

Sherlock_Mowg wrote on 16 March 2012 - 08:06 AM:

Time to go back on OkCupid for snoopies...

use account to message a girl mowgie xD..?
  • xstarBURSTxstarBURST no. somewhere in a box.Posts: 4,724Member

IDOL

I always wonder what the success rate of a guy getting a date when he messages a girl with this...

UH HELLO HANGOUT?
  • Sherlock_MowgSherlock_Mowg Soompi's Detective Posts: 450Member

IDOL

edited March 2012
    xstarBURST wrote on 16 March 2012 - 05:35 PM:

I always wonder what the success rate of a guy getting a date when he messages a girl with this...

Someone give me an account name and I will message them with simply:

"SEX?"

And we'll see my success rate. Will Sherlock get:

a) No Response.
    b) A Positive Response.
    c) A Barrage of Insults.
    d) Police at his doorstep with a sexual deviant charge.

Cast your votes.

IDOL

^ :lol:

I'll cast my vote on C. Did you want a guy or girl account? lol.

ROOKIE

My success rate is low for messaging.., i did better just waiting for the messages ^_^, one i didn't reply, but okcupid told me to message her because she rated me a 5. Another she messaged me, and we're message chatting.. but I'm trying to see if i want to go out with her.. Mowg.. please message me asap.. "Chooses B".. ph34r.gif 
  • AngelAngel Posts: 1,061Member
    edited March 2012
    xstarBURST wrote on 16 March 2012 - 09:35 AM:

I wouldn't hang out with anyone until we at least messaged each other a few times and got to know what kind of person they are, and I have to feel some kind of connection otherwise I wouldn't do it. Not to sound snobby but I don't like to waste time going on dates with people if I don't think it's worth it. I speak from experience haha...

Sherlock_Mowg wrote on 16 March 2012 - 06:22 PM:

Someone give me an account name and I will message them with simply:

"SEX?"

And we'll see my success rate. Will Sherlock get:

a) No Response.
    B) A Positive Response.
    c) A Barrage of Insults.
    d) Police at his doorstep with a sexual deviant charge.

Cast your votes.

I vote A and B..

B... because it's either a guy in a girls account messing with you or it's a chick but she's being sarcastic=]

IDOL

^I don't blame you. I wouldn't either. I went through the thing before. I really hate going on dates with someone I feel I have no connection with. I don't know why I go on them any ways, I guess its because I want to keep an open mind or they just keep insisting that I do go =/
    edited March 2012
    xstarBURST wrote on 16 March 2012 - 07:20 PM:

^I don't blame you. I wouldn't either. I went through the thing before. I really hate going on dates with someone I feel I have no connection with. I don't know why I go on them any ways, I guess its because I want to keep an open mind or they just keep insisting that I do go =/

Yeah there is a lot of guys who are really persistent and they always give you that same answer "I promise you'll have a great time with me"... and it makes you feel a little guilty if you still reject them. I still say no though =P... Besides, for someone who's so persistent like that makes me think they'd be really controlling in a relationship.. I don't know why? Anyways, just learn how to say no and like you said keep an open mind, there are lots of crazies out there who will even get mad at you for no reason LOL..
  • SereneKrnSereneKrn MinnesotaPosts: 457Friend of Soompi

IDOL

So what would be the best kind of message to try to get responses?
    And is it a good thing or bad thing to message someone more than once?

ROOKIE

SereneKrn wrote on 16 March 2012 - 11:26 PM:

Probably if you're looking to get the best response, put your best face "profile pic" on..  it makes a difference i think, let's face it.. most people are looking at the "profile pictures", and not if "this is a good guy/girl",.. even the percentages for matching up are kind of wacky?, if i followed the quiver matches, i'd be dating some caucasian girl in nevada ^_^.  Ummh very bad idea to message someone more than once, if you get no response, best to leave it alone and who cares..  
  • SereneKrnSereneKrn MinnesotaPosts: 457Friend of Soompi

IDOL

kangta26 wrote on 17 March 2012 - 01:40 AM:

Probably if you're looking to get the best response, put your best face "profile pic" on..  it makes a difference i think, let's face it.. most people are looking at the "profile pictures", and not if "this is a good guy/girl",.. even the percentages for matching up are kind of wacky?, if i followed the quiver matches, i'd be dating some caucasian girl in nevada ^_^.  Ummh very bad idea to message someone more than once, if you get no response, best to leave it alone and who cares..  

That's true I guess. 
    I was just thinking of remessaging people I had in the past with the boring hey, how are you? bit and just actually writing an actual message with effort put into it.

ROOKIE

edited March 2012
    SereneKrn wrote on 17 March 2012 - 01:53 AM:

That's true I guess. 
    I was just thinking of remessaging people I had in the past with the boring hey, how are you? bit and just actually writing an actual message with effort put into it.

You could do that.. but ummh there's that likely chance it comes across wrong..?? Technically you have nothing to loose, because they didn't message you back in the first place.. but just imagine someone you weren't interested in, keeps messaged you twice.. ? Probably best to move on..  maybe try on the next one that catches your eye ;)
    SereneKrn wrote on 16 March 2012 - 08:26 PM:

I just comment on what they write on their profile, that way all they need to do is just answer my question or comment back.

It's okay to message twice, like if you left out something in your previous message, but I'd normally just wait it out like 3 days or something and then message again (that's if you really want to get to know the person lol), if someone doesn't write me back I'd just assume they're either busy or just don't want to.
  • Sherlock_MowgSherlock_Mowg Soompi's Detective Posts: 450Member

IDOL

xstarBURST wrote on 17 March 2012 - 02:32 AM:

^ :lol:

I'll cast my vote on C. Did you want a guy or girl account? lol.

BOTH! Could add another dimension, compare the reactions of both genders (with the ratio of males and females being every 1 female to 1,000 males, I'm guessing the desperation may lead to a surprising amount of positive replies from men).

kangta26 wrote on 17 March 2012 - 06:40 AM:

True that. I've had a similar experience back in the day with Myspace. My profile pic was of an owl for the first few months, which led me to 0 friend requests - after putting an actual display picture, things changed. Nowadays I'm far too paranoid to attach any kind of personal photo to the content of my posts. Even on Facebook, I use an alias as opposed to my real name.
  • RayeRaye HawaiiPosts: 304Member

IDOL

I've been messaging random girls just trying to strike up a chat. Fortunately, my initial message is not as lame as some of the ones you folks have cited. (Still, though, some girls just don't respond. They look at my profile then don't bother replying.) There was one person was even posing as Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. Had a good laugh with that.
  • sashimi005sashimi005 Posts: 35Member
    edited March 2012
    AngelCherry wrote on 17 March 2012 - 04:33 AM:

Yeah there is a lot of guys who are really persistent and they always give you that same answer "I promise you'll have a great time with me"... and it makes you feel a little guilty if you still reject them. I still say no though =P... Besides, for someone who's so persistent like that makes me think they'd be really controlling in a relationship.. I don't know why? Anyways, just learn how to say no and like you said keep an open mind, there are lots of crazies out there who will even get mad at you for no reason LOL..

Hahaha. This reminded me of when I had a profile up with just one pic of me where you couldn't see my face (I wanted to remain a bit anonymous) and this guy messaged me asking me why I wasn't showing my face and asked if it was because I was ugly. O.o For real?!! If they have to convince you or if they're putting way too much effort to get a response I'd label it as a red flag. But, who knows, some girls like guys that are persistent. To each his/her own.

I met some cool people on OKC but none of them worked out. Took my profile down since I wasn't interested in anyone. Maybe I'll make a new one if I get really bored. lol

IDOL

Raye wrote on 19 March 2012 - 02:41 AM:

I've been messaging random girls just trying to strike up a chat. Fortunately, my initial message is not as lame as some of the ones you folks have cited. (Still, though, some girls just don't respond. They look at my profile then don't bother replying.) There was one person was even posing as Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. Had a good laugh with that.

oh rly? I wanna check that profile out now. :sweatingbullets:
  • FusionGT2FusionGT2 Cowfun San Jose, CAPosts: 4,787Friend of Soompi

IDOL

loool im on that site too just to see what its about. its true though the girls dont ever msg guys. there's a lot and i mean alotttt of visits from girls everyday but none msg me lol. I just find it funny. Its websites like these though, that show you why girls have such an upper hand in terms of relationships.. Girls look for SOOO MUCH in a guy whereas a guy looks for one of 3 things (or either of these mixed together): Boobs, Butt, Legs. Oh i guess a 4th would be cute face lol.
    skirtsig-2.jpg

• FusionGT2FusionGT2 Cowfun San Jose, CAPosts: 4,787Friend of Soompi

IDOL

dchu wrote on 20 February 2012 - 09:05 PM:

Kudos on putting tourself out there and taking the criticism in stride and holding your ground on the things you'd rather not change. Looked at the new profile. Big improvement. I would still type properly and there's not anything that really pops out, but at least it's no longer a bright safety cone shade of orange.

Was reluctant to put it out there, but I've never gotten any feedback on my profile and I suppose anonymous folks on the Internet are as good as any others. Link. Input from womenfolk would be especially appreciated.

Btw your profile is quite impressive. I am officially jealous as no matter how hard I try I cant sound nearly as awesome as you. props xD
    skirtsig-2.jpg

• FranticWisteriaFranticWisteria USAPosts: 34Member
    edited March 2012
    EDIT: Nevermind.