What to wear with Lace Tops?

Guest !Lei

Hello soompiers, I wanted to ask some advice since you guys have really good taste in fashion. blush.gif

I found some cute lace t-shirts on forever 21 and before I bought it, I wanted to know how to wear it and what looks good with it..

The ones I found were completely see through laces like these:

Black-Lace1.jpg and there's no cami or anything. Just perfectly see through, and it's cut in a regular shirt shirt style with a round neck.

How do you guys wear this? All the info I found on the net keeps recommending them to wear them with just a black bra underneath, but I'm planning to wear this in the day/or at work..

Thanks in advance!

(ps, wasn't there a thread with "What to wear with this thread? It's gone haha blush.gif )

Yeah, you could try a cami or something like that. But for me, I'd wear a bandeau (er, "boob tube) underneath; they sell various lengths and styles of these.

what? the thread's right here lol - http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/226403-the-o-f-f-i-c-i-a-l-what-to-wear-with-this-thread/

LOL thank you! :D I was looking for that. I think it used to be a sticky.. thanks!

Yeah, you could try a cami or something like that. But for me, I'd wear a bandeau (er, "boob tube) underneath; they sell various lengths and styles of these.

How about a black tube? or black sleeveless? My skin really shows through the lace blush.gif

Guest Malice_Kaiser

LOL thank you! :D I was looking for that. I think it used to be a sticky.. thanks!

How about a black tube? or black sleeveless? My skin really shows through the lace blush.gif

Yeah, i would not wear a bandeau unless it covered your tummy... at least not just out and about. I would wear either a plain cami or yeah, a sleeveless tube should be fine to. As for the rest of the outfit, just some skinny jeans, yeah?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chasing-A-Fairytale

I think strappless dresses would look cute with this :) I've seen a couple of people wear it like that. But I don't think the dress would work if the bottom of the lace shirt is really long. 

Guest lifesentropy

1) Lay a strapless dress over the top so it gives the illusion of a lace-sleeved dress.

2) Wear a nude or black cami underneath and tuck it under a skirt (not bodycon). 

Hope that helped!

Guest sakumar

Modesty is usually a must in the work place.  That being said I suggest you either wear a black or nude cami.  I feel that both are somewhat err in the work place.  If you find one, a sleeveless black top that has the same neck as your lace top.  Basically it would cover everything but your sleeves.  That is the most I can come up with for work place ideas.  I feel that a lace top is hard to pull off at work, the suggestions that everyone else has given are appropriate for the day though.  I hope I didn't discourage you though, I am really picky about how people should be dressed in professional environments. 

Guest dollinrouge

Definitely wear a black cami underneath it to give a sexy look without looking too nude (a nude coloured cami might make that happen haha)

If you're more of the feminine type you should go for a cute chiffon kind of plaited skirt that falls at mid thigh

but if you're more of the pants-type of girl you should definitely stick with a pair of black jeggings or skinnies and pair them off with a killer pair of shoess

Guest toomanytrucks

I would wear a cami or tank underneath.  It may just be me I suppose but I really don't like the bra-top look, especially with lace.  I think the subtle lace details on the arms and whatnot is good enough.  It's sexy without being too much.  Hard to explain but I guess it's preference I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in love with lace haha. Wear high waisted shorts, and a nude tank top under. Usually people get the impression that I'm wearing nothing under lace, but I kind of like that surprise on their face when they realize it's a nude tank top.

Or wear a black top under.

I have another top where the whole back and sleeves are lace, but the front is plain black. I just wear a bra and necklace. So when people look in the front, it look's like a plain top with laced sleeves, but when they see me from behind, it's all lace with my bra straps showing.

Or wear high waisted jeans.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kfashionplus

If you're going to wear it for work, I suggest wearing a full tank or cami inside. If you want something more unpredictable, instead of a black tank wear something more colorful. Maybe a neon pink cami will do.

Archived