Ulzzang Tumblr Contest!

Guest hellopandas

Guest hellopandas

Would anyone like to participate? :D

banner2.gif

Hello Soompiers~

My friends and I have created an ulzzang tumblr contest blog (for fun!) We would love to have you guys jump start the contest if you have a Tumblr. We believe it will be a fun and unique experience. The blog is ready to go, we just need help spreading the word! So please join us ^^

Also, it'd be great to have some suggestions on what we could do to make it fair and enjoyable! To visit, click the banner above, or the link in my signature below, or enter ulzzangcontests.tumblr.com into your address bar. Thank you~

Although we regret that the contest is open for only Tumblr users, we feel it's best to keep it that way because with that it's possible for other people on Tumblr to see your picture through our voting system, click your blog, and start following you! Like becoming a real ulzzang, but more like Tumblr famous sort of thing. :)

EDIT:

We're currently on our third contest and we've been conflicted about something. Those who are more popular can gain many votes, thus making it a popularity contest. However, we implemented a rule indicating that contestants are no longer allowed to reblog themselves starting from the 2nd contest onwards. It seemed to work for the 2nd contest, but others have suggested other means to make it more fair... such as having all of the pictures anonymous and then reveal the names after the contest is over. However, even if we make all of the names anonymous, the system still wouldn't be as effective. If they're famous such that our followers are following ulzzangcontests & him/her, then they most likely already know what they look like, so making it anonymous wouldn't help since most blogs have a face to their name. If it's the case that the person is famous and they enter into the contest, but our followers don't follow them then, what's the difference? Sorry if this doesn't make much sense. But basically making the name anonymous still wouldn't hide the fact if their famous to begin with. We're trying to make it so contestants can't advertise themselves, which is really the main cause, but it's kind of hard to control.

Is there any other way to make the contest more fair?

Guest .Cantarella.

hey :3 there is something like: no photoshop...is there meant only photoshop or picnik too? because in picnik u can't change the facial structure.

is there meant filters or light correcting with picnik too? like black&white contrast, lomo etc.? Because i don't edit my pictures except using filter and making the picture look more soft.

And i made a photo yesterday with my name for the contest, but i forgot to write ulzzang tumblr contest. is that a problem?

xoxo ♥♥

Guest hellopandas

hey :3 there is something like: no photoshop...is there meant only photoshop or picnik too? because in picnik u can't change the facial structure.

is there meant filters or light correcting with picnik too? like black&white contrast, lomo etc.? Because i don't edit my pictures except using filter and making the picture look more soft.

And i made a photo yesterday with my name for the contest, but i forgot to write ulzzang tumblr contest. is that a problem?

xoxo ♥♥

Hello ^^

Yes, only photoshop is the main thing we're worrying about. Picnik and those kinds of editors are fine as long as you don't cover your face with anything (stickers, drawings, etc) and distort your photo (brightening until your nose disappears, blurryness, etc). Moderation!

About the proof picture, it's best to take another photo just to be cautious. We might not remember who you are while looking through the submissions and deleting the ones who didn't follow the rules. :\

Guest nobody knows

some people are wondering if the contest is limited to just asians,

and if they win, is there a prize, or just getting your tumblr and face out there?

Guest hellopandas

I'd love to joind sadly, I am far from looking like an ulzzang. D:

D: Don't think so negatively of yourself~

some people are wondering if the contest is limited to just asians,

and if they win, is there a prize, or just getting your tumblr and face out there?

Nope; all races are welcome ^^

The winners do get their Tumblr and face out there, but we will also hold a winners only contest where there will be real prizes once enough category contests have been finished. And then that process is repeated with the next batch of winners. Though the prizes for that is still being decided on. :)

Guest StandingWayward

This looks like fun!:D However, I use photoshop to erase the occasional spot on my chin/nose...am I not allowed to do that? I don't change face structure or anything though

Guest hellopandas

This looks like fun!:D However, I use photoshop to erase the occasional spot on my chin/nose...am I not allowed to do that? I don't change face structure or anything though

Hello~ Is it something make-up can't erase either? :( I mean we're trying to avoid the use of photoshop to cover blemishes and stuff but we can't deny real ulzzangs definitely use photoshop for those purposes, so we're going to go with yes, you can do that. But if you do, do you mind sending us a before and after too? We won't post that one. ^^

Guest sallyen

I wrote to you guys on Tumblr too :)

but I think you guys should allow Photoshop as long as there is no Liquify going on :) So everything is okay ^_^

I'm not going to enter, but I think it's fun to vote in these competition! :wub:

Guest hellopandas

I wrote to you guys on Tumblr too :)

but I think you guys should allow Photoshop as long as there is no Liquify going on :) So everything is okay ^_^

I'm not going to enter, but I think it's fun to vote in these competition! :wub:

Hmm. What else is there to do on photoshop that other editors don't have besides that liquify thing? I don't really mind people using photoshop for basic stuff, but I feel like it's easier to say no photoshop rather than risk people abusing it. It's already hard enough to differentiate who is using liquify or whatever else to shape their face. @___@ I don't know... it's not really fair compared to those who don't have photoshop and have to stick with picnik or something. >< But we'll think about it.

ill join :) and ill help spread the word on my blog ^^

Seems like fun!

But id have to say, i dont think photoshop should be allowed..i dunno im all about oh natural, show ur best face not a fixed one kinda thing.. I have a bunch of acne scars on my cheeks, but makeup helps to hide and enhance my other features, not change my face..

just my two cents tho :P

Guest StandingWayward

Hello~ Is it something make-up can't erase either? :( I mean we're trying to avoid the use of photoshop to cover blemishes and stuff but we can't deny real ulzzangs definitely use photoshop for those purposes, so we're going to go with yes, you can do that. But if you do, do you mind sending us a before and after too? We won't post that one. ^^

In real life concealer erases very well but in pictures sometimes it just catches the light and well...:'(

But I don't change my facial structure or eyes...just the lighting if I want it cooler or warmer. That's fun :)

Totally understand that photoshop can be an issue here; it's just that my skin has bad days sometimes. Stupid hormonal skin haha

How would I send you guys the before/after pictures? Just under the 'submit' option in tumblr? Sorry, I'm kinda new to this xD

Seriously considering this now though! Although it's kinda...embarrassing? Not the right word but..ya know lol

Guest hellopandas

ill join :) and ill help spread the word on my blog ^^

Seems like fun!

But id have to say, i dont think photoshop should be allowed..i dunno im all about oh natural, show ur best face not a fixed one kinda thing.. I have a bunch of acne scars on my cheeks, but makeup helps to hide and enhance my other features, not change my face..

just my two cents tho :P

Hey! Thanks, honestly I agree, but the other admins are more lenient about it as long as it's not excessive... :( I still think it's unfair. >_> Photoshop for minor blemishes, which also could be achieved with make-up, is not as extreme as photoshop for thinning your face is what they think. I guess.

In real life concealer erases very well but in pictures sometimes it just catches the light and well...:'(

But I don't change my facial structure or eyes...just the lighting if I want it cooler or warmer. That's fun :)

Totally understand that photoshop can be an issue here; it's just that my skin has bad days sometimes. Stupid hormonal skin haha

How would I send you guys the before/after pictures? Just under the 'submit' option in tumblr? Sorry, I'm kinda new to this xD

Seriously considering this now though! Although it's kinda...embarrassing? Not the right word but..ya know lol

Haha that's weird. I'm sure most good lighting, if you have concealer on, wouldn't show what you were trying to conceal o__o Maybe it's the concealer rather than the lighting lol :b

Yeah, click the "submit pictures here" link and then you will have to do this process three times: (1) submit ulzzang entry, (2) submit confirmation photo, (3) submit before/after ulzzang entry that you photoshopped (hopefully as a last resort) in one photo. We will only post that first entry, none of the others. We just want to see how much you photoshopped. If it's a lot, then the submission won't work.

To others who are reading this and plan on using photoshop, then the same goes for you too~ Hopefully everyone will be honest in what they do :\

How does this contest work? Do I submit a pic of myself and provide a link to my tumblr? or do I have to have pics of myself already on my tumblr?

Archived