Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ulzzang Tumblr Contest!

2»

Replies

• StandingWaywardStandingWayward Posts: 81Member
    hellopandas wrote on 21 February 2012 - 05:48 PM:

Hey! Thanks, honestly I agree, but the other admins are more lenient about it as long as it's not excessive... :( I still think it's unfair. >_> Photoshop for minor blemishes, which also could be achieved with make-up, is not as extreme as photoshop for thinning your face is what they think. I guess.

Haha that's weird. I'm sure most good lighting, if you have concealer on, wouldn't show what you were trying to conceal o__o Maybe it's the concealer rather than the lighting lol :b

Yeah, click the "submit pictures here" link and then you will have to do this process three times: (1) submit ulzzang entry, (2) submit confirmation photo, (3) submit before/after ulzzang entry that you photoshopped (hopefully as a last resort) in one photo. We will only post that first entry, none of the others. We just want to see how much you photoshopped. If it's a lot, then the submission won't work.

To others who are reading this and plan on using photoshop, then the same goes for you too~ Hopefully everyone will be honest in what they do :\

Okay so, since I know photoshop has a bad reputation (every time I mention that I use it people think I'm like the next Xiaxue or something lol) I'll clear it up here for anyone who is interested:
    So here is a rare picture where my forehead is revealed (ignore the fact that I'm awkwardly lying on the floor..it's the only forehead-showing one I have that depicts my skin accurately).
    example2-1.jpg

And here is the photoshopped one:
    example1-1.jpg

So yeah, that's what I mean when I ask if photoshop is okay. I'm not barbie-fying myself lol. Sometimes I also change colors/contrast to make it more 'artsy'. That's all, guys :)

If it's a problem though I'll just vote. I doubt I'm very ulzzang-ish anyways and it's more fun to vote so I'll probably end up doing that :D
    Ca.dorkafied!
  • hellopandashellopandas Posts: 28Member, New Member
    Boredgames wrote on 22 February 2012 - 01:52 AM:

Wait, so the pictures are sent to you.... or posted on our tumblrs and linked to you?

Yes the pictures are sent to the UlzzangContests Tumblr through the Submit Pictures Here link on our main page, and when we post the contestants for people to vote, there will be a link back to your Tumblr. ^^

Kyana wrote on 22 February 2012 - 07:52 AM:

How does this contest work? Do I submit a pic of myself and provide a link to my tumblr? or do I have to have pics of myself already on my tumblr?

The how it works page, which is basically the instructions, says that pictures are submitted to our Tumblr and through that we'll know exactly who you are on Tumblr. We will then post your submission along with everyone elses for people to vote.

StandingWayward wrote on 22 February 2012 - 06:32 PM:

Okay so, since I know photoshop has a bad reputation (every time I mention that I use it people think I'm like the next Xiaxue or something lol) I'll clear it up here for anyone who is interested:
    So here is a rare picture where my forehead is revealed (ignore the fact that I'm awkwardly lying on the floor..it's the only forehead-showing one I have that depicts my skin accurately).
    *quoted image*

And here is the photoshopped one:
    *quoted image*

So yeah, that's what I mean when I ask if photoshop is okay. I'm not barbie-fying myself lol. Sometimes I also change colors/contrast to make it more 'artsy'. That's all, guys :)

If it's a problem though I'll just vote. I doubt I'm very ulzzang-ish anyways and it's more fun to vote so I'll probably end up doing that :D

You're pretty even without the photoshop! I don't see why you would need it :o So if the change is minor like that then I'm sure it's not a problem; the same goes anyone else who plans to do that. When I think of photoshop I do usually think of something more drastic haha. If you don't feel comfortable unless you have to use photoshop, then I understand if you just want to vote~
    And changing colors/contrast is also totally fine in our contests, that's not a problem :b
  • whatheflippwhatheflipp Beauty and fashion forum lurker ;3 Posts: 190Member
    We don't even know how you look like ;) it's only fair for everyone else xD
    always keep the faith ;
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    We're low on eye smile contestants :( Would anyone like to joinnn? ^^ We're most likely extending the deadline until we get a minimum of 10 people!
  • StandingWaywardStandingWayward Posts: 81Member
    hellopandas wrote on 25 March 2012 - 08:43 AM:

We're low on eye smile contestants :( Would anyone like to joinnn? ^^ We're most likely extending the deadline until we get a minimum of 10 people!

This might sound stupid but I'm not completely sure what an eye smile is...xD Is it a type of smile where your eyes crinkle up?
    StandingWayward wrote on 27 March 2012 - 02:23 AM:

This might sound stupid but I'm not completely sure what an eye smile is...xD Is it a type of smile where your eyes crinkle up?

Yeah your eyes crinkle and have a crescent-like shape. It's pretty much a genuine smile! If you're still confused you could try google images for a visual. Tiffany from SNSD is known for her eye smile :)
2»