Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Drama 2012] The Equator Man 적도의 남자

endeavorendeavor Posts: 3,955Administrator

ADMIN

edited April 2012 in k-dramas & movies
[KBS] Uhm Tae Woong, Lee Jun Hyuk, Lee Bo Young, Im Jung Eun
em5.png
The Equator Man 적도의 남자
Title: 적도의 남자 / Jeogdoui Namja
Genre: Melodrama
Episodes: ---
Broadcast Network: KBS2
Release Date: March 21st, 2012
Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 21:55 KST
Replaced: Wild Romance
Official Website: KBS
PD: Kim Yong Soo
Writer: Kim In Yeong

Synopsis
Jang Il, the smartest of the school, and Sun Woo, the strongest kid in Yeosu, are best friends. Influenced by Jang Il, Seon-wu starts studying and working hard towards his dream. However, all of a sudden, Sun Woo’s guardian, Kyung Pil, dies a mysterious death and Sun Woo becomes blind while investigating on the case. Soo Mi witnesses the scene that Jang Il attacks Sun Woo but remains silent on it and waits for the right moment. Ji Won, who is a volunteer reader for visually impaired people, meets Sun Woo by chance and they fall in love. Despite his strong feelings for Ji Won, however, Sun Woo breaks up with Ji-won so she can have a better life. 13 years have passed. Jang-il becomes a special prosecutor. Sun Woo becomes a young CEO of Royal Tree, an investment trust company. Ji Won works as a VIP party planner at a five-star hotel. And Soo Mi becomes a hyperrealism painter. They all have gone their separate ways. However, the fate draws them back together…
(Taken from Hancinema)

Cast
em2.jpg
Uhm Tae Woong as Kim Sun Woo

em4.jpg
Lee Jun Hyuk as Lee Jang Il

em3.jpg
Lee Bo Young as Han Ji Won

em1.jpg
Im Jung Eun as Soo Mi

Episodes
Torrent (semi-fly)
01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10

Direct Downloads
Muabuonkst1 (muabuonkst)
AeZone (Archemonde)
Medium Quality (zawlinnaing)

Streaming
Tudou (otchosais): 01

Subtitles
DramaFever (English)

Chinese Subs (cococrust)
01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10

Music
OST Part 1 (cococrust)

Caps/Pictures
Im Shi-wan and Lee Hyung Woo at Script Reading
The Equator Man's First Stills
Behind the Scenes: The Equator Man
[BTS] Poster Photoshoot
First Teasers
[BTS] Lee Hyun Woo & Im Shi Wan + Photoshoot
Third Teaser
Caps of the Teaser
Pictures from Official Website
More Pictures from Official Website + Fourth Teaser & Interview With Cast
Fifth Teaser
Press Conference
Five Minute Preview
Stills With Child Actors
Episode 01 Spoiler and Caps
Episode 02 Spoiler and Caps
Episode 02 Caps

News
Im Shi-wan goes from Moon/Sun to Equator Man
Lee Bo Young and Lee Joon Hyuk Joins The Equator Man
Lee Hyun Woo to Play the Child Role of Uhm Tae Woong's Character
Im Jung Eun Joins Cast
The Boys of Equator Man

Ratings
twitter | tumblr
Please do not quote images/videos and make sure you are not violating the signature rules.
Do you need help with editing, quoting, adding signatures, etc. on the new forum? Click here for step-by-step directions.

Replies

• endeavorendeavor Posts: 3,955Administrator

ADMIN

Im Shi-wan goes from Moon/Sun to Equator Man
    by javabeans of Dramabeans

xbrqu.jpg
    He played young Yeom in The Moon That Embraces the Sun, the young upright scholar who walked around bathed in luminous backlighting and entranced court ladies everywhere. Now idol-actor Im Shi-wan has been cast in the upcoming Equator Man, which will mark his second drama role.

Equator Man is the straight-up melodrama from the writer of Women in the Sun starring Uhm Tae-woong as a poor-boy-turned-CEO. The hero finds himself in a fierce rivalry with his best friend from childhood, whom he’d known since growing up at an orphanage after his father was killed. But Im Shi-wan won’t be acting with Uhm, since he’ll play the childhood role of Uhm’s rival-friend. No word yet on who will play his character in adulthood.

Too bad Baek Sung-hyun is now out of the running for playing young Uhm Tae-woong, so Im Shi-wan won’t get to act with him, either. According to his reps, Baek had considered the role when it was supposed to take up the first four weeks (7 to 8 episodes), but once that got cut down to four episodes instead, he decided against it. Baek is starting to graduate to leading man material himself, so perhaps those potatoes be too small.

Equator Man is a KBS series that’ll take up residence on Wednesday and Thursday nights, following the soon-to-wrap Wild Romance. Unintentionally hilariously, the four-episode drama that airs after Wild is called Normal Romance, which will then be followed by Equator Man on on March 14.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2012/02/im-shi-wan-goes-from-moonsun-to-equator-man/
    twitter | tumblr
    Please do not quote images/videos and make sure you are not violating the signature rules.
    Do you need help with editing, quoting, adding signatures, etc. on the new forum? Click here for step-by-step directions.
  • Tango27Tango27 Posts: 982Member

SUPERSTAR

edited February 2012
    ok so I will just watch for LBY sake.. I dont like the male leads at all...too boring.... have to tolerate them I guess

I dont know about the writer ... women in the sun was watchable but too ordinary...the director is good though...

Lee Bo Young ... Lee Joon Hyuk ADDED TO THE CAST

7666666.jpg

wwev.png
    “The heart of another is a dark forest, always, no matter how close it has been to one’s own.”

ADMIN

edited February 2012
    Lee Hyun-woo has been added to play the child role of Uhm Tae Woong. It'll be a reunion for them since Lee Hyun-woo played the younger Uhm Tae Woong in Queen Seon Deok too.
    214s5e8.jpg
    twitter | tumblr

SUPERSTAR

just read that park shi yeon was cast ??? what does that mean LBY is out or they are both in or what???
    “The heart of another is a dark forest, always, no matter how close it has been to one’s own.”

ADMIN

edited February 2012
    Tango27 wrote on 16 February 2012 - 06:51 PM:

just read that park shi yeon was cast ??? what does that mean LBY is out or they are both in or what???

As far as I know Lee Bo Young is still the leading lady.

Lee Hyun-woo and Im Si wan at the script reading.
    htxziw.jpg
    15c9xg.jpg
    Credit: http://koreanvibe.com/equator-man-finished-its-line-up
    twitter | tumblr
    kaeruchan
  • nas electionnas election uTOpiAPosts: 147Member

IDOL

OMG!!! It's Lee Hyun Woo!!. I will be tuning to watch him. He became so big now. Can't wait. Is there going to be heroine in the teen days? I'm hoping they could et Nam Ji Hyun. Other actress is ok too.

btw, Uhm Tae Woong is in this is cool. Remembering his days in Resurrection . It was so good! but I don't know if the rating will be good as it will be airing the same as King 2 hearts and rooftop prince which both had young actors. Hope it will be good.
    lbbt.jpg
    I'm a VIP Blackjack Hottest Beauty Wonderful

SUPERSTAR

the news article said that park shi yoen was considering it.. second lead or first I dont know.

ADMIN

nas election wrote on 17 February 2012 - 03:27 AM:

OMG!!! It's Lee Hyun Woo!!. I will be tuning to watch him. He became so big now. Can't wait. Is there going to be heroine in the teen days? I'm hoping they could et Nam Ji Hyun. Other actress is ok too.

btw, Uhm Tae Woong is in this is cool. Remembering his days in Resurrection . It was so good! but I don't know if the rating will be good as it will be airing the same as King 2 hearts and rooftop prince which both had young actors. Hope it will be good.

Honestly, there's so little that's known about this drama that I don't even know if there's going to be a child version of the heroine.

It is up against high competition and better yet they ALL start on the exact same day too. In terms of the leading actors (NOT actresses because the actresses in all three are great) I think Equator Man have the best line up. I mean I have nothing against the actors on the other dramas but out of the three leading actors (Lee Seung Gi, Park Yoochun, and Uhm Tae Woong) I think Uhm Tae Woong is the most solid one.

I wonder if the 1N2D brothers are going to tune in and if they do which one would they choose? Lee Seung Gi or Uhm Tae Woong? :lol:

Tango27 wrote on 17 February 2012 - 06:38 AM:

the news article said that park shi yoen was considering it.. second lead or first I dont know.

I was under the impression that Lee Bo Young was the leading actress. Maybe Park Shi Yeon is just considering it as a second lead? I'm not too sure since I can't seem to find English translation on anything beside what we already know.
    twitter | tumblr
  • nas electionnas election uTOpiAPosts: 147Member

IDOL

Gotta agree with you for the actors. Uhm Tae Woong is the more experiences one. I will be tuning for all of the show because I love all the actors.

But i'm sure this show will be the heaviest among the three. Just look at the scriptwriter.

I'm hoping Pandrama will faster the promotion of this drama because I also wanted to know who is gonna be the leading lady not just rumours but a real deal. Just confirm it please. I know Pandrama are busy with their other drama wich is The moon embraces sun. but i hope they could focus on this too. There are too small news for this drama.
    lbbt.jpg
    I'm a VIP Blackjack Hottest Beauty Wonderful

SUPERSTAR

edited February 2012
    where is the promotion .. seems KBS think it wont be able to compete anyway so they dont want to bother. seriously we only have 3 weeks for premier and there is no info whatsoever ...I only know that the kids will have about 4 episodes and then we will see the adults.. that LJH will be a famous Prosecutor and in order to get higher will bteray his buddy and that they will both be in love with LBY

as far as I am concerned acting comes first I want to watch good acting and for me.. good sincere acting can save moderate writing but bad acting can not save the best scripts
    I think the kdrama scene is unfair cause the really talented ones are over shadowed by ppl who get the best ratings and those with the biggest fanbase.. like in this case Uhm Tae-woong is the best actor of the three without a doubt yet believe or not .. when I read the comments about him most of them are negative regarding his presence in 1n2d!!! while the other two loads of praise and I dont know for what..

and I really dont think there is a young version of the female lead... I think they will meet as adults.. so the young version story is just the relationship between the two boys I guess

first stills

77777777.png

• EjaEja 미아ミア♥ MNLPosts: 1,553Member
    ^ Is it confirmed yet? I've read she's a strong candidate for one role... but unconfirmed yet...
    Please read the signature rules
  • jun-soojun-soo FOOD MalaysiaPosts: 430Member
    LBY 'brought me here. But I'm in love with the cast. Can't wait to see the full list of the casts and the explanation of their characters.
    #nw Secret | Unemployed Romance | Infinity Challenge | Running man

SUPERSTAR

edited February 2012
    Eja wrote on 23 February 2012 - 11:46 AM:

^ Is it confirmed yet? I've read she's a strong candidate for one role... but unconfirmed yet...

which one u mean? anyway this is the final cast

BTS

777777776.jpg

41952317832946894468116.jpg

40584517832954227800716.jpg

43208017832961227800016.jpg

• EjaEja 미아ミア♥ MNLPosts: 1,553Member
    ^ I meant Park Shi Yeon...
    Please read the signature rules
  • thao_2512thao_2512 Posts: 1,002Member

SUPERSTAR

Is Park Shi Yeon confirmed for the main lead or 2nd lead yet?
    I have missed her
    It's been a while since Coffee house
    I guess that this will be my next drama then~

Thanks in advance ^^
  • queerqueer Posts: 499Member

IDOL

edited February 2012
    ^exactly... there's still no news regarding who the 1st female lead is???

I'm crossing my fingers on PSY whom I adored dearly in Coffee House!!!

ps: though i read in 1 chinese forum tat psy is likely to be e 2nd female lead....
    Watching:Running Man, 1 Night, 2 Days,

SUPERSTAR

LBY is the first lead and PSY is the second lead

ADMIN

I'm assuming Park Si Yeon is the second lead too because in all the articles that I've seen it always stated or made the indication that Lee Bo Young is the leading lady.
    twitter | tumblr
  • faraz3500faraz3500 Posts: 10Member, New Member
    hello
    I was wondering if any Korean- English subber is willing to help to sub this drama in viki.com

SUPERSTAR

ok Lim Jeong-Eun joins the cast instead of Park Shi yeon ( I cant trust the news any more)

photo21184.jpg